earn free stuff (dvd's, cd's) by rating music!

[quote name='Punk_Raven']I like. the only thing i don't like is that...yeah..i'm a black guy. However..i put that i was black. And that i liked rock. All my radio stations were rock and my favorite one was a rock station . However i haven't even gotten rock i've only gotten R&b...wtf....that's damned odd.[/quote]
It's completely random, no matter what station/genre you pick, it doesn't matter. :/

[quote name='thespillcanvas']It's completely random, no matter what station/genre you pick, it doesn't matter. :/[/quote]

Well then.....forget i said anything.

[quote name='Punk_Raven']Well then.....forget i said anything.[/quote]
I was disappointed too, they have a massive amount of awful music. And I can't even pick which form of awful music I get to hear... :cry:

Right now i'm listening to lee ann rines ....oh god man. Seriously. My fame guage has alerady coppe dout...it won't load anything so i'll hit that tommorow . I've made up to 1098 points in a day. The clips are usually 2 minutes. you can do 30 an hour. 5 times 30 = 150 an hour. 150 times 24 =3,600 you could get in a day if you did it nonstop. You could probably add 500 you can do on the fame gauge before copping out. I'm not sure...i don't know if it restarts daily.

In theory, it owuld take you like 6 days (6.25 is my estimate ) to get a PSP if you did it nonstop. However, that's just use less numbers. These things are perfect for the summer, where i could spend two damned weeks doing it nonstop and racking up points.

[quote name='Punk_Raven']Right now i'm listening to lee ann rines ....oh god man. Seriously. My fame guage has alerady coppe dout...it won't load anything so i'll hit that tommorow . I've made up to 1098 points in a day. The clips are usually 2 minutes. you can do 30 an hour. 5 times 30 = 150 an hour. 150 times 24 =3,600 you could get in a day if you did it nonstop. You could probably add 500 you can do on the fame gauge before copping out. I'm not sure...i don't know if it restarts daily.

In theory, it owuld take you like 6 days (6.25 is my estimate ) to get a PSP if you did it nonstop. However, that's just use less numbers. These things are perfect for the summer, where i could spend two damned weeks doing it nonstop and racking up points.[/QUOTE]

all except for the fact that they limit how much you can do... I actually capped my music listening and fame gauge all in one day... it told me there was nothing else to do until the next week... think of this more as something you can only do weekly... so think more like 6 weeks than 6 days.

i think they say if all of that stops you clear your cookies and offline files or something. I think i saw that on the forums. I'm not sure. That sucks though.

I signed up under the OP, but fuck....this is terrible. The prospect of getting free stuff is awesome, as always, but I don't know if I can stand all this...Especially since I'm operating on dial-up. This might be something good to do at school to while away the time if the site isn't blocked already...

But why the fuck do they need to know I'm a white guy? And what is the damned point of telling them my favorite radio stations? They don't seem to take any of it into consideration anyway.

I made 800 points using a macro and that little Fame Gauge. I don't listen to music outside of videogames so I can just click no for all of them, it makes 1 point per no.

I'm not sure if there's a limit though since I gave up after that.

I think I'll use a macro for the listening part also because those songs all suck or you've heard them already.

[quote name='arcadia']I made 800 points using a macro and that little Fame Gauge. I don't listen to music outside of videogames so I can just click no for all of them, it makes 1 point per no.

I'm not sure if there's a limit though since I gave up after that.

I think I'll use a macro for the listening part also because those songs all suck or you've heard them already.[/quote]

what macro did you use?

[quote name='jawman311']what macro did you use?[/quote]
The simple joy of AutoMacroRecorder.

Normally I'd feel bad but I can only click no so many times before my hand hurts.

[quote name='arcadia']The simple joy of AutoMacroRecorder.

Normally I'd feel bad but I can only click no so many times before my hand hurts.[/QUOTE]

hmm... time for me to use it possibly since my hand gets tired of doing this.

they just took away the $5 amazon gift card that was 500 points and instead put a $15 one up for 5000 points #-o

my songs meter copped out. So now i ca't get any points. This fucking sucks balls. Plus my fame gauge copped out. This sucks. Right when i found out a way how to macro it.

[quote name='Punk_Raven']my songs meter copped out. So now i ca't get any points. This fucking sucks balls. Plus my fame gauge copped out. This sucks. Right when i found out a way how to macro it.[/QUOTE]

wait a few days, and at amost a week... after then it should be working since the same happened to me more than once.

i went from 1260(ish) to 1795 using that macro :D. So i'm guessing that the fame guage caps out somewhere around 500. I'll set my macro to the jukebox when i go to sleep. Man this rules. No telling how much points i'll get from the jukebox, all i need to do is get around 1500 points a week and i'll be set.

[quote name='mvick288']how do u use a macro.. im serious.. please answer[/quote]

first download a macro like this one: http://www.tethyssolutions.com/product.htm. next, hit record or new (depending on which macro you downloaded) and perform the actions that you want it to do (lets say hit the no button and then next). Finally, choose how many times you want the macro to repeat the cycle and then run it. hope that helped

I know i haven't been very active in this thread, but I want to send out a huge thanks to everybody who signed up under me, everyone who has endured such crappy music on the site, the people that posted links to macros (if you haven't used one yet, do it!) Thanks again- GMOOJ

also, they used my Ipod poll! sweet!

They got rid of almost any prize I could want after I signed. The highest prizes are the worthless iPod nano and a $100 Visa gift card.

And that would take months of listening to this. And below that is a DVD player and a bird feeder. Ugh.

It would be a hell of a lot easier if they just kept on refilling the Fame Gauge, I can constantly get 1,000 points per hour if it wouldn't run out after 1,000 points and having to wait a week for a refill.

Site is now almost worthless. They have taken away giving points through the fame guage so now the only way to get pts is to listen to crappy music.

So no more fame gauge points, 5 points for rating each song, and each song takes about 2 minutes. I can't even begin to imagine how long it would take to earn enough points to get anything useful, unless you sat there rating songs all day, every day.

Damn.

im gonna save up my points. Now that its harder to get them, they should be giving away better prizes for less points.

I have about a little over 4000 ... I'll slowly work up 5,000 or not, but I'm waiting for some sort of good gift certificate before I get anything... maybe an amazon or something else gift card.

Yeah I think they knew people where just using the fame gauge without really using it.

Its soo gay now.

Just to get 500 points you know to listen to 100 2 min songs.

I'm just gonna use the 1380 points I have and never come back.

I did enough to get the lowest prize level but they never got in the $5 amazon GCs so I just ordered a Livestrong band a while back. Haven't seen a thing from them.....

Wait about 6 weeks.
I ordered 2 things, yet haven't gotten any.
If I don 't, I'm stopping using this site.

[quote name='$hady']I did enough to get the lowest prize level but they never got in the $5 amazon GCs so I just ordered a Livestrong band a while back. Haven't seen a thing from them.....[/QUOTE]

you could wait till there is something good... oh well. I'm genna wait for amazon or some sort of gift card.

[quote name='realmobfather']Yeah I think they knew people where just using the fame gauge without really using it.

Its soo gay now.

Just to get 500 points you know to listen to 100 2 min songs.

I'm just gonna use the 1380 points I have and never come back.[/QUOTE]

Same except I scored 3000+ points.

Not that that gets anything worth a damn.

[quote name='idiots']The reason behind this change is that we were seeing too many people blowing through the voting just to rack up a ton of points fast, and we were concerned about the honesty of the voting.

We are hoping that this change will deter those members who are really just in this for the prizes and don't really care about the bigger picture of what we do here - we influence the music, we make your opinions make a difference.

We know that those of you are in it for the right reasons will continue to earn fair compensation for your feedback through song voting and raffles, and of course the satisfaction of knowing you are a part of the music.

Let's be positive - this is all good, and you will start to see many new enhancements and features to the site that will make things even better and more fun...all in time.[/QUOTE]

Why the fuck would anybody go through that mindnumbing bullshit for nothing?

[quote name='Sporadic']
Why the fuck would anybody go through that mindnumbing bullshit for nothing?[/quote]

On their forums there's plenty of lunatics who claim they'd do just that.

They actually think they are influencing music haha.

The site works they are just slow. I finally got my Livestrong band last week that I posted about in the first post on this page.

[quote name='$hady']The site works they are just slow. I finally got my Livestrong band last week that I posted about in the first post on this page.[/QUOTE]
About 3 weeks from when you posted, how long did you order before posting?

bread's done
Back