Earthbound, missing most of label

Skuttie

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
So there's this woman that's always at the flea market with a buncha battered or dirty games and there's a copy of Earthbound up there, usually wants $5 for super nintendo games too.

Most of the label is missing though so I was wondering if I should even bother getting it if it's there next week when she's up there again.

[quote name='62t']uhh you didn't you pick it up?[/QUOTE]

This. Even at $5, the wear and tear would still make it worth it.

[quote name='Skuttie']So there's this woman that's always at the flea market with a buncha battered or dirty games and there's a copy of Earthbound up there, usually wants $5 for super nintendo games too.

Most of the label is missing though so I was wondering if I should even bother getting it if it's there next week when she's up there again.[/QUOTE]

I'll give you $20 shipped right now if it works and is indeed EarthBound...

I saw a copy of earthbound with almost no label go on eBay for $65 bucks awhile back. The guy opened up the case and took a pic of the board to prove it was legit.

[quote name='SlammedNiss']What about buying it and doing a repro label? Worth more with a fukd up label or a nice & new repro label?[/QUOTE]

Well if you never told anyone it was a repo label it would sell the same as originals, but that's messed up because the buyer should know. If I bought it with no label I'd rather have a repo label on it, but that's me. If someone didn't want the repo label they could always take it off, it's just a sticker.

I think it would be worth around the same either way, because most collectors want originals. People who buy the game to actually play probably won't care if it's a repo label.

^^ No, most collector's want Mint or as near as mint as Possible. I'd buy a faceless cart myself and add a repro label.

[quote name='TiKi2']^^ No, most collector's want Mint or as near as mint as Possible. I'd buy a faceless cart myself and add a repro label.[/QUOTE]

That's what I said "I think it would be worth around the same either way, because most collectors want originals." or implied it. It would be worth the same as a non label cart because collectors would want the original.

I ask because I'm getting ready to reprint a bunch of n64 game labels before I try and trade/sell them. And yes, I will disclose that the labels are reproductions. I myself would rather have a repro label than a torn, magic marker'd one.

@Tiki, Im confused by your response. Would you rather have an original ripped or torn label, or a newly printed repro?

Here's a pic sorry it took so long.

FnAFG.jpg
[/IMG]

Not really a big fan of the game myself so feel free to pm me offers. Just keep in mind that since being ripped off from stripesorbars you pay first and I'd rather have cash.

$5 for this even in it's condition is a steal IMHO. Wouldn't be surprised if nintendo waited to release this as the very last VC game if at all.

Yeah it works fine, it took some cleaning but it starts up fine, plays fine, save points save, games load. Seems to be fine except for the label.

Very interesting. I shall mow it over.

But as a heads up, selling things, regardless of feedback, always take payments first even if you're a lower feedback. In general, unless you really know who you're dealing with pretty well, you should never have to ship first and get paid later.

The buyer has all the leverage with Paypal/Amazon claims, so you shouldn't have to lose even more leverage by shipping first.

Good luck with it in any event.

[quote name='yourlefthand']Do you mean *mull* it over? If not, what does "mow it over" mean?[/QUOTE]

I'm mowing my lawn, which is when I do my thinking.

[quote name='Squarehard']Very interesting. I shall mow it over.

But as a heads up, selling things, regardless of feedback, always take payments first even if you're a lower feedback. In general, unless you really know who you're dealing with pretty well, you should never have to ship first and get paid later.

The buyer has all the leverage with Paypal/Amazon claims, so you shouldn't have to lose even more leverage by shipping first.

Good luck with it in any event.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I learned that lesson the hard way with SoB :(

Best offer so far is $40.

Take it over to ebay! It's possible that even a damaged label fetches as much as a clean cart used to fetch.

Geez seeing some of the auctions on Ebay for Earthbound going for over $100. I'm probably never going to get a legal copy.

Probably be cheaper to make a reproduction copy of the game using parts from another SNES cartridge. What was the worst SNES game that would be worthy of being sacrificed in order to create a copy of Earthbound? lol

[quote name='Skuttie']Yeah I learned that lesson the hard way with SoB :(

Best offer so far is $40.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the possibility someone will file a claim you too is pretty big too for something like that. I say just do that.

i think u can just start up an auction right here on CAG and get something going for it, but turning $5 into $40 is a pretty sweet, nice find

Glad I bought my copy when I did for $60. May only be the cart, but it's mint. The last 15 on eBay went from $120-170! That's just for the cart!

[quote name='Skuttie']*shrugs*

Anyway, game's claimed and paid for.[/QUOTE]

I think the key thing to note is that it's been paid for, which is already a step in the right direction. ;D

Congrats.

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']Glad I bought my copy when I did for $60. May only be the cart, but it's mint. The last 15 on eBay went from $120-170! That's just for the cart![/QUOTE]

I paid around $15 at Funcoland around 12 years ago. >_

I turned a fast profit but if I find another one I'll keep you in mind Storin, you said make an offer and I was gonna say $30, glad I read my PMs first. :p

[quote name='Skuttie']I turned a fast profit but if I find another one I'll keep you in mind Storin, you said make an offer and I was gonna say $30, glad I read my PMs first. :p[/QUOTE]

Hopefully the next copy won't look like somebody vomited on the label. ;D

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']I only bought mine a year, maybe two years ago. I never played it when I had a SNES as a kid... Well still have the SNES, but actually bought it to play.

I loved Funcoland, Babbage's, and EB.... Before GameStop bought them all. Funny how I never went to GameStop because they had the worst pricing, and now that's the only store left... Arghh![/QUOTE]

None of the Gamestops around me started off as Gamestops, lol.

They were all Funcoland, Babbage's, and a EB.

Great deal OP for $5.

I haven't written this story in awhile but seeing how popular the game is, Ill tell you how I got 3 in less than a month (I already had one complete when it came out).

Copy 1 - About 5 to 6 years ago, I went to one of those in door flea market that really is just a bunch of dealers in a part of Tampa with a ton of competition for rare games. I found a game dealer and was looking for the Lufia games at the time. They said that the Lufia games were $50 a pop and they would get them from their Miami shop. I told them I would come by next week and saw they had Harvest Moon 64 cart only and a complete Earthbound. The Harvest Moon 64 was $15-20 and the Earthbound complete was $10-$15. I think I paid $30 or $35 for both. So I left with a complete Earthbound (was worth around $200 at the time).

Copy 2 - Went back the next week to see if they had the Lufias. They didn't get them in but had a cart only Earthbound. They wanted $20 for it, I think I paid $10-$15 as they remembered me as a customer from last week. Cart only was worth about $90 around then.

Copy 3 - A few weeks later I was on my way to work and stopped at one of the worst pawn shops in St. Pete. They had a bunch of trash games and a cop y of Earthbound (cart only) that they just put out. I paid $3 for it.

So I ended up with 4 copies of the game that I still have (not for sell right now). I ended up getting a complete Lufia 2 from a local CAG for $30 and a cart only Lufia 1 for $10-$15. Lufia 2 complete was worth about $60-$70 at the time I bought it.

[quote name='Otherguy676']Great deal OP for $5.

I haven't written this story in awhile but seeing how popular the game is, Ill tell you how I got 3 in less than a month (I already had one complete when it came out).

Copy 1 - About 5 to 6 years ago, I went to one of those in door flea market that really is just a bunch of dealers in a part of Tampa with a ton of competition for rare games. I found a game dealer and was looking for the Lufia games at the time. They said that the Lufia games were $50 a pop and they would get them from their Miami shop. I told them I would come by next week and saw they had Harvest Moon 64 cart only and a complete Earthbound. The Harvest Moon 64 was $15-20 and the Earthbound complete was $10-$15. I think I paid $30 or $35 for both. So I left with a complete Earthbound (was worth around $200 at the time).

Copy 2 - Went back the next week to see if they had the Lufias. They didn't get them in but had a cart only Earthbound. They wanted $20 for it, I think I paid $10-$15 as they remembered me as a customer from last week. Cart only was worth about $90 around then.

Copy 3 - A few weeks later I was on my way to work and stopped at one of the worst pawn shops in St. Pete. They had a bunch of trash games and a cop y of Earthbound (cart only) that they just put out. I paid $3 for it.

So I ended up with 4 copies of the game that I still have (not for sell right now). I ended up getting a complete Lufia 2 from a local CAG for $30 and a cart only Lufia 1 for $10-$15. Lufia 2 complete was worth about $60-$70 at the time I bought it.[/QUOTE]

Cool story.

Since we are sharing how we got a copy of Eartbound, I'll share. Back in late December, a guy listed a n64/SNES lot on craigslist. He listed out all the games, about 5 for each system (everything was cart only); everything was non-noteworthy except the Earthbound he listed. I emailed him about 10 minutes after he posted, and we met 45 minutes later. I paid $30 for everything. The cart was in solid shape, with very very minor label wear. I sell most of my gaming finds, but I decided to keep Earthbound. Anyone else care to share?

Thought I'd chime in on this thread.

I actually just acquired the cartridge from the OP:
Photo0382-1.jpg

I purchased it from the Amazon Marketplace. Whoever the OP sold it to was apparently only after a quick buck. It was listed for $129.99 (over 3 times what he paid for it!). I'll be keeping it in my collection, hopefully for years to come. The missing screw is definitely going to be replaced, and I'm considering my options for the label. I'll probably just end up printing this out on some quality sticker paper.

So OP sold it to someone on here who flipped it... whoever it was that bought it can rot in that special layer of hell... still need a copy to have jammed into my SNES. :/ This site has been ruined recently by the greed of people.

That is the same reason why I won't hook up random CAGs, I am very weary on who I do. Then people on the site wonder why stuff is priced high on CAG at times.

Who did you sell it to Skuttie? If they had any form of respect they should at least give you a cut!!!!

EDIT: NVM, looked at the feedback.

thumbsup.gif
Bought Earthbound for a great price. Quick shipping and good communication! Non-Marketplace Feedback tooshorty6432168
27th March 2012

He's asked to get Metroid Prime Trilogy off my list before, I wonder why.... If there is something I don't do on here is flip stuff on the fruits and labors of other peoples generosity, I only flip on what I've been able to acquire on my own.

bread's done
Back