Earthbound, missing most of label

Wow the same thing happen to me. I sold a mint copy of Earthbound to some chick on craigslist for $130 which I thought was pretty fair. She re posted it with a few other things I gave her the next week. Sorry that had to happen to you Skuttie

[quote name='GeorgeThePlushie']Thought I'd chime in on this thread.

I actually just acquired the cartridge from the OP:
Photo0382-1.jpg

I purchased it from the Amazon Marketplace. Whoever the OP sold it to was apparently only after a quick buck. It was listed for $129.99 (over 3 times what he paid for it!). I'll be keeping it in my collection, hopefully for years to come. The missing screw is definitely going to be replaced, and I'm considering my options for the label. I'll probably just end up printing this out on some quality sticker paper.[/QUOTE]

I knew this was undervalued; whoever flipped it though was lucky they didn't get a claim opened up against them. Stuff with condition issues is always risky like that :cold:

I sold my FF NES cart around 1998-1999 to a funcoland for $25 credit. Bought Tales of Destiny and thus started my Tales craze. :p

Eh, I've flipped CAG things before. Who knows what his situation was. It could have been exactly the type of situation I have had on occasion.

I have the money, want the game and, by the time it gets here... There is yet another family emergency requiring me to unload what I just got without having even played it!
Seemed like that happened to me every couple of months for about two years, hence the never ending streak of lowballs I held a couple years back.

Personally, if OP was happy with his 8x flip, then I'm not sure I would begrudge the next guy his 3x flip.

I love how your all mad about him doing a 3x flip when the OP flipped it for 4x its worth.
Someone could have gladly offered more and the OP was warned it was worth more.

Let's come down of our CAG high horses now please.
This is the place where people buy games cheap and then flip them all the time.
I know I do it alot and you probably do to.

Honestly, I don't know why people are being so pissy about the person who bought the game from the OP on here reselling it on Amazon(albeit to another CAG no less:lol:).

The OP felt they got a good enough deal and accepted the offer in good faith. Once the buyer gets it it's their property and they're free to do with it as they please.

Mind ya, this is why anything with actual resale value that I get my grubby mitts on around here is sold for near the price the market will bear if someone on here wants it. At least that way then I know I'm the one making the money and the buyer is truly buying it for personal use and not to resell.:booty:

bread's done
Back