Eb-$10 Games!Harvest Moon/Star Trek Wii

Status
Not open for further replies.

gamer602

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Sigh, this is gonna make me go to EB on a daily basis....

EVERYDAY THEIR MORNING UPDATES WILL DROP A GAME TO $10!!!!

Usually this price drop will last for 1 day...USED Will be reduced to $4.89 on most cases...

THE LIST SO FAR:

$20
Sonic Rush ADV 2 (DS)

$15
Nervous Brickdown[DS}

$10
Resident Evil: UC (wii)
NHL 2K8 (360)
Blacksite (PS3)
Guitar Hero (360)
Guitar Hero 3 (game only) (Ps2)
Rock Band (Ps2)
Manhunt 2 (wii)
Timeshift [PS3/360] :cry:
TC New Blood [Wii] :D
Touch the dead[DS] -> :) (could be $15)
Legend of the dragoon[Wii] :D
Alien Syndrom[Wii] :D
SC: legend[Wii] :D
Blacksite area 51[PS3/360] :cry:
Metroid Prime 3 Corruption[Wii]:cry:
Battalion Wars 2[Wii] :D
Chibi robo[DS] :D
Virtua fighter 5 online [360] :cry: (I'm not sure about the PS3 version)
Motor Storm[PS3] :D
Sonic Rider [Wii] :D
Sonic Secret Rings[Wii] :D
Fantastic 4 :D (I've only seen used copies at $4.89, suggesting its still available)
UNcharted [PS3] :roll: YMMV (most likely not available)
Conan [PS3] :D
Hellgate (Collector's edition) [PC] :D
$5
DQ Joker :D
Jam session :D
Master of Illusions[DS] -> :) $10

[quote name='kathos']Wait, is 2007 better? I picked up 08 'cause it was cheap.[/QUOTE]

Are you talking about Smackdown? If you are 07 is 5 bucks new.

smackdown 07 for the 360 has always been $5 ( i saw it at least a week ago) and it was part of the last sale.

Smackdown 08 for the 360 must be the new deal at $10.

I recommend 07. Its a million times better. 08 is just 07 with some minor but erroroneous changes.

im pretty sure it was the smackdown 08 CE PS3 that was 10$ new

I think davinci code ps2 was one that went back up to normal price alone with a couple others.

[quote name='gamer602']Where do you live? there's like 4 EB within 15 mins of where I live.....[/quote]

Napanee, Ontario.

Small town about half way between Belleville and Kingston. It would be $15 in gas just to drive to either of those places and back. The only game I want is RE: UC as I already have the others or don't care and I'm not one for profiteering.

Hey guys and gals,

Just wanted to say thanks for the up-to-date info. It saves me the hassle of trekking out to the store to see if anything interests me.

So far I've picked up RE: UC ($5.07 used, including tax!), TC: NB ($10 new), and BWii ($10 "new" display copy) all for the Wii. It gives me something to do when I go to my sister's house since I personally don't own a Wii. I also picked up SC3 ($10 new) for the PS2 for myself.

The EB in Kanata has a bunch of RE: UC ($10 new) in stock if somebody is having trouble getting it elsewhere in Ottawa. There's probably at least 20 visible copies left.

Thanks again!

I wanna pick up Resident Evil: UC and NHL2k8 (not a fan of sports games, but for $10 why not?) but FS doesn't PM anymore so eh.

Picked up Rock Band and Trauma Centre. They didn't have Umbrella Chronicles in, but I wasn't sold on buying it regardless.

[quote name='Jamaal23']I also picked up SC3 ($10 new) for the PS2 for myself.[/quote]

SC3 is $7.99 new at Blockbuster, if you can find it.

Got Umbrella used for 4.99, DQM 4.99, Manhunt 2 9.89 and BWii still had the 9.99 sticker on it on the shelf, so he sold it to me for that too.. best shopping day ever.. didn't see TC or I would have picked that one up too..

Let me also say that the guys at the 'new' EBgames at Spadina and Queen in Toronto are great. These guys actually INFORMED someone trading in games that he qualified for the trade-in deal toward a DS/PSP. Half the EBgames I visit don't know about it off hand, or claim that they don't know at least.

These guys were extremely good in the ways of customer service, attitude, and everything. Good times.

[quote name='afterburn999']anyone know if Guitar Hero 3 for ps3 is also 10 bucks ?[/quote]

still at regular price.

I've found the downtown toronto EBs to be insanely nice and helpful. One helped my buddy find games for a trade 6 for a ds in store.

Anothertime a guy pulled out a copy of pokemon crystal and sold it to me for 1$ when I bought monster rancher advance for 2$.

Not like the one eb that I usually go to. Watched some guy who had 4 games with 8 TIV and wanted a PSP be offered 40$ for the games and not even told if he could go get 2 more games he'd have enough to get it for the deal. Not everyone is like that there but atleast 2 people there are terrible(both guys), rest are fine(cute girls lol).

However the one in the mall right next to it are now really nice to people (including me) *they spent like 5 mins hunting for jam sessions for me.* Which was sweet.

Not to go way off topic or anything, but holy smokes.. every time I look in this thread I see someone else mentioning the EB in Kanata. Never noticed there was so many people from Ottawa on here.

I got UC for 4.99 used (!).
Is Blacksite for 360 back down as well?
Also, WOAH CheapyD on the Canada board! We rule! Er--suck for going off topic big time.

lockescythe:

in regards to the eb employee with the 8$ tiv towards the ds's. Does this employee not even offer to bump those 4 games for the DS at all? Even if you only have 4 of the 5 games needed for this promo you can still get your trade credit bumped up. This would also effect trade 3 promo and trade 8 for ps3.

It was a PSP the guy wanted and no the employee didn't offer to bump at all.

he actually was quite clear in saying that he wouldn't bump up the value and that the guy wasn't getting a PSP unless he paid full price - the 40 for the games.

I was half tempted to go pull 2 19.99 games and hand em to the guy and say buy em and trade em in.

I didn't because I didn't wanna get that eb annoyed at me.

That is stupid, I got my brother a PSP and only had 5 games that qualified.

Each game got bumped to $25, and the rest was games of lesser trade-in value + cash.

Another time I walked into EB and put 1 game toward my Metal Gear pre-order (the game being GRAW). So I have $25 to my pre-order now.

As for today's deals, hopefully I can grab Manhunt 2 and NHL. Good time for us to be Canadian!

Also, if you guys in BC need help getting anything, I'm in Ontario and wouldn't mind taking a look for you over here.

It might have already been said, but Katamari (the original PS2 game) is also $9.89. Another quality title to add to the list.

[quote name='EvilMario']It might have already been said, but Katamari (the original PS2 game) is also $9.89. Another quality title to add to the list.[/quote]

That's part of the Game Deals sale like Odin Sphere for 19.99 or MTV UMD's for 9.89.

The EB in Shoppers World (Steeles and Hurontario in Brampton, On) had 12-14 copies of GHIII for $4.99 - they looked like they were gutted ones.

Also in that mall is a Gamestop and they had 2 copies of Scene It 360 for $9.99 - looked like gutted but might have been used...

NHL 2K8 is $5 used for 360? Damn.

Also, on a side note for those who missed out on the GH III bundle last week on sale for $80, you can get it even cheaper.

Buy the wireless guitar they have on sale new for $60, and pick up the GH III game new/used for $10/$5 which totals to $65-70. Not bad.

Is Odin Sphere still $20? I can't find it anywhere. I was told the game was pretty rare in Quebec because no French manuals were printed. :(

Odin Sphere is still 20 dollars until the sale is over and stock is exhausted.

Picked up RE:UC and Manhunt 2 today early morning. No sign of GH3 anywhere but I got one yesterday with all intentions to let it rot, when I went yesterday some morons were trying to find any copy that had the barcode and I laughed my ass off when the cashier said one copy per customer AND took away the other copy from the guy's girlfriend to prevent them from cashing in.

[quote name='SumDumRetard']when I went yesterday some morons were trying to find any copy that had the barcode and I laughed my ass off when the cashier said one copy per customer AND took away the other copy from the guy's girlfriend to prevent them from cashing in.[/quote]

Hahaha! That's classic! That cashier is a hero.

2 gutted copies of Katamary PS2 at Metrotown, didn't buy since I wanted a sealed one (already own a copy from release date).

I picked up RE and Manhunt, didn't ask about other stuff.

EDIT: Anyone else who picked up RE:UC today notice this? My copy looks like it was unshrinkwrapped and then they slapped the French manual on the back and rewrapped it with the looser kind of plastic. It looks like it's still new though. Haven't opened it yet.

I got Manhunt 2 for $5 USED.

I was thinking of getting NHL, but since the manager wasn't in so that I could exchange my PSP, I gotta go back tomorrow. Now that I know the used is $5, gonna grab that one!

Also, as noted above, Burnout Paradise is $39.99.

[quote name='Icetron']

EDIT: Anyone else who picked up RE:UC today notice this? My copy looks like it was unshrinkwrapped and then they slapped the French manual on the back and rewrapped it with the looser kind of plastic. It looks like it's still new though. Haven't opened it yet.[/QUOTE]

Mines the same way the wrap even has holes in it, it's just the cheap re-packaging to put the french manual in. My GC copy of Zelda: Twilight Princess was the same I thought BBV had rewrapped it on me.

Could anybody buy Odin Sphere (sealed) for me? I'll pay for shipping, obviously. I can buy it from you or I can try to find stuff that's unavailable in your area (Katamari Damacy, RE: Umbrella Chronicles, etc.) Please, I really want that game!

[quote name='xezekielx']Could anybody buy Odin Sphere (sealed) for me? I'll pay for shipping, obviously. I can buy it from you or I can try to find stuff that's unavailable in your area (Katamari Damacy, RE: Umbrella Chronicles, etc.) Please, I really want that game![/quote]

I could do this for you. PM me.

[quote name='Princess Zelda']Mines the same way the wrap even has holes in it, it's just the cheap re-packaging to put the french manual in. My GC copy of Zelda: Twilight Princess was the same I thought BBV had rewrapped it on me.[/quote]

Was it still sealed underneath or not? I'm just wondering before I open it up instead of trying to exchange or something. :D

[quote name='Icetron']EDIT: Anyone else who picked up RE:UC today notice this? My copy looks like it was unshrinkwrapped and then they slapped the French manual on the back and rewrapped it with the looser kind of plastic. It looks like it's still new though. Haven't opened it yet.[/quote]

They do this alot with games distributed in Canada. My GTA 4 was the same and so was a couple other games I bought recently. EA does it a lot. Rather then have to package it differently I guess they figure its easier/cheaper to pack the french back cover and manual outside the case. The Xbox seal along the side of the case should be intact.

I ended up getting:
Manhunt 2 $10 new
RE:UC $10 new
Blacksite(PS3) $10 new (They said it was only the PS3 version)
Smackdown 07 $5 used
Stuntman Ignition(360) $5 new (The employees were to lazy to find the only used copy left, so they just gave me a new copy, most likely the same one I flipped)

Picked up NHL2K8 and two copies of GHIII. :D

Are there new deals everyday with this sale?

Also, why is Burnout Paradise all of a sudden $39.99?

[quote name='EvilMario']It might have already been said, but Katamari (the original PS2 game) is also $9.89. Another quality title to add to the list.[/quote]

In addition to this, I would like to add that Katamari Damashi should also be a game that should be NEVER be found sealed when bought. It is a game that should be opened, played, mastered and loved. It is one of the only true games of wonders that all gamers should experience. Top notch music, original and extremely fun gameplay, laden with 'shrooms and designed by constantly toked up hippies. And for 10 bucks, you have no reason to own a copy.

/me steps off of my soapbox.

EDIT: Anyone else who picked up RE:UC today notice this? My copy looks like it was unshrinkwrapped and then they slapped the French manual on the back and rewrapped it with the looser kind of plastic. It looks like it's still new though. Haven't opened it yet.
The copy I got for myself was the same way. Same for the copy I got for a friend in Toronto, in addition to the copy I'm shipping to California and the copy I'm shipping to Kentucky. It's not very often, but it happens which is unfortunate.

I picked up Manhunt 2 today because it's the only game I've wanted and havent picked up yet. And hell...how can you beat $4.99 less the edge discount? That's nuts.

[quote name='Ranzo']9..89
Stranglehold PS3[/quote]

Just to make sure...

This copy of Stranglehold is probably the one without the movie Hardboiled, correct? I think I heard there was a CE version with the movie, and one without.

Nights Wii
The Bigs Wii
Stranglehold PS3
NCAA MM 08 360[/quote]

tomorrow? Nights for 9.89 (hopefully 5 used) and NCAA for the same would be good

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']Just to make sure...

This copy of Stranglehold is probably the one without the movie Hardboiled, correct? I think I heard there was a CE version with the movie, and one without.[/quote]

IMPORTANT NOTE if you're thinking of getting Stranglehold Collector's Edition for Hard Boiled: From what I understand, the movie isn't even on a separate Blu-ray disc, it's just a crappy quality file stuck on the disc only accessible through the in-game menu. Basically, it's not HD and it's only playable on a PS3.

Nights Wii
The Bigs Wii
Stranglehold PS3
NCAA MM 08 360[/quote]

Are all of these confirmed for tomorrow or is this going to be like with RE and GH3 where one is on sale one day and then the other the next?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back