EB 20% off Coupon for 6/5-6/11 YMMV

uzumaki_star

CAGiversary!
Here is a scan of the coupon needed to get 20% off one Pre-played Game, CD, Movie, or Accessory. It comes in the Sunday ads with your newspaper so if you get the newspaper on Sunday and have EB in your area you should receive it in the paper. That is where I got this from. It should be with coupons that come from SmartSource Magazine. This came from the Detroit Free Press ads.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y224/cdeener/EBcoupon.jpg

Here is the disclaimer since it's readable:
Offer Valid 6/5/05-6/11/05. Cannot be combined with any other offer or discount. Does not apply to Pre-played console systems. No rain checks will be issued. Selection varies by store. Typographical errors are not the responsibility of EB Games. Not valid on previous purchases. Not valid at EBgames.com. See store associate for complete details.

Any idea if you could combine that coupon with the Edge card and get 30%? The EB by me has a used Digital Devil Saga I wouldn't mind picking up

If this is similar to the 20% coupon in EGM, the computer won't normally allow it to stack with Edge.

However, some people have reported employees manually overriding it to 30%. So, YMMV.

[quote name='paul6']If this is similar to the 20% coupon in EGM, the computer won't normally allow it to stack with Edge.

However, some people have reported employees manually overriding it to 30%. So, YMMV.[/QUOTE]

You would be correct it is just like the coupon that came in EGM.

[quote name='uzumaki_star']Here is a scan of the coupon needed to get 20% off one Pre-played Game, CD, Movie, or Accessory. It comes in the Sunday ads with your newspaper so if you get the newspaper on Sunday and have EB in your area you should receive it in the paper. That is where I got this from. It should be with coupons that come from SmartSource Magazine.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y224/cdeener/EBcoupon.jpg

Here is the disclaimer since it's readable:
Offer Valid 6/5/05-6/11/05. Cannot be combined with any other offer or discount. Does not apply to Pre-played console systems. No rain checks will be issued. Selection varies by store. Typographical errors are not the responsibility of EB Games. Not valid on previous purchases. Not valid at EBgames.com. See store associate for complete details.[/QUOTE]

is this coupon coming in this sunday?

I got it in a seperate bag of distributed flyers and ads yesterday. The smartsource was in there. I am in Brooklyn, NY. I'm sure that if the computer doesn't allow it theres no way any local EB employee would have any interest in manually giving me an extra 10%. That kind of thing doesn't fly around here....unless you know someone I guess :).

[quote name='paul6']If this is similar to the 20% coupon in EGM, the computer won't normally allow it to stack with Edge.

However, some people have reported employees manually overriding it to 30%. So, YMMV.[/QUOTE]

which month's issue has the coupon?

when did u guys get the coupon in smartsource? has it already come in? or does it come in on June 5th with the sunday paper?

and. i get EGM through Zinio Reader (digital) cuz it was free through some promotion....does anyone know of a way that i can print out the coupon from the magazine????? cuz the print button doesn't work....

[quote name='quadomatic']when did u guys get the coupon in smartsource? has it already come in? or does it come in on June 5th with the sunday paper?

and. i get EGM through Zinio Reader (digital) cuz it was free through some promotion....does anyone know of a way that i can print out the coupon from the magazine????? cuz the print button doesn't work....[/QUOTE]

You could take a screen cap and then use MS Paint or something to print the screen cap.

[quote name='Gojtron']Figures, the week I don't pay attention. Was it a FSI or was it physically in the SmartSource?[/QUOTE]

IT would be on the front of the smartsource coupons that we normally get in the Sunday paper here in Michigan. The reason I was able to get this today is because when you subscribe to one of our local newspapers for 7 day or weekend delivery they include the Sunday ads with the Saturday paper. Otherwise, you get the ads in the Sunday paper when you buy them from a store.

[quote name='uzumaki_star']IT would be on the front of the smartsource coupons that we normally get in the Sunday paper here in Michigan. The reason I was able to get this today is because when you subscribe to one of our local newspapers for 7 day or weekend delivery they include the Sunday ads with the Saturday paper. Otherwise, you get the ads in the Sunday paper when you buy them from a store.[/QUOTE]

i see...i think i usually get smartsource with my newspaper...ill have to check...I REALLY hope i get it so i can get mgs3...

Darn, i didn't get it today (sunday)....i found the smartsaver ad though...i guess it changes based on location, cuz the front page for mine was an ad for a local eye place

The ad wasn't in my local paper, and I live about a mile from an EB. Oh well, I still have the ad from EGM.

[quote name='quadomatic']Darn, i didn't get it today (sunday)....i found the smartsaver ad though...i guess it changes based on location, cuz the front page for mine was an ad for a local eye place[/QUOTE]

Yep, same here. A lasik ad with some woman who looks likes she's trying to scoot off the top of a mountain.

Milwaukee Journal Smartsource ad has "Champion" windows on the cover . . . no EB. :whistle2:(

Not really a big deal, thus far EB has taken copies of the EGM 20% off coupon (twice) that I did with my scanner/printer.

[quote name='stolazi']Yep, same here. A lasik ad with some woman who looks likes she's trying to scoot off the top of a mountain.[/QUOTE]

Looks like there are 3 confirmed different SmartSource ads....

My cover has the "20th anniversary celebration of Rainbow Play Systems, inc." Has 6 circles each showing a differnt kid play house with slides and such.

I'm in San Diego, CA

[quote name='Gigamaster89']Yea, I didn't get anything in Smartsource either, NYC here.[/QUOTE]

For some reason it wasn't in the smartsource distributed in the Sunday paper, but I got it in a bundle of supermarket and other flyers that included the smartsource. A whole bunch are always dropped off in front of my apartment building in a white bag. Not sure who distributes it, but it was on the front page.

[quote name='schultzed']Milwaukee Journal Smartsource ad has "Champion" windows on the cover . . . no EB. :whistle2:(

Not really a big deal, thus far EB has taken copies of the EGM 20% off coupon (twice) that I did with my scanner/printer.[/QUOTE]

same here in fort wayne. and i got up early this morning just to dig in the paper to get the coupons before my roommates did

[quote name='uzumaki_star']IT would be on the front of the smartsource coupons that we normally get in the Sunday paper here in Michigan. The reason I was able to get this today is because when you subscribe to one of our local newspapers for 7 day or weekend delivery they include the Sunday ads with the Saturday paper. Otherwise, you get the ads in the Sunday paper when you buy them from a store.[/QUOTE]

yea there is some talk that they are going to do this here in fort wayne. Push the sunday ads to saturday paper. They said maybe this fall it will start. They say that they think more people would use the coupons/ads if they would see them on saturday night and go out shopping on sunday then see them on sunday and hopefully make it to those stores in that week

[quote name='slidecage']same here in fort wayne. and i got up early this morning just to dig in the paper to get the coupons before my roommates did[/QUOTE]Actually, I've noticed that the coupons given in the Fort Wayne's newspaper are the worse. I've gotten newspapers from other cities and compared coupons, they had $1.00 off something coupon while ours only had $0.75. So normally, I just buy an Indy newspaper to get coupons.

I looked in the Indianapolis Star for coupons, and they weren't there either.:( If it wasn't raining right now, I'd check newspapers to several different cities seeing if I can find a coupon.

bread's done
Back