EB.com ships used games with the hell beat out of them

dahermitt

CAGiversary!
in exception to one time, every pre-played game i have ordered from eb.com looks like the living hell was beat out of it. the game case are terrible while the actual discs are in average condition. anyone else notice this? its like they pick the absolute worst game case to ship their preowned games in.

It's part of the risk. Sometimes you get lucky, sometimes you don't. Thus far I've had very good experiences with EB.

Edit: Typo

Mine have mostly looked fine except for some stickers. If you have a problem with your game, you can return it to an EB B&M, which is a major, major improvement. I have gotten games that have been almost destroyed from EB though, but that in-store return is great for that.

I have gotten a few n64 games where the label had been ripped off, so they decided to write the title of the game on the white remains of the label.

I've been lucky with my eb orders as well. My cart games have been in pretty good condition with the exception of the stickers. I've even had one dreamcast game shipped to me complete.

The majority of Xbox games I've gotten have been in pretty good shape, just some stickers on the case. A few have had really gunked up cases, and one (Genma Onimusha) had some minor damage to the cover art. All of the discs have played fine, a few had a sticker on the actual disc (which sucks) and one had something like nail polish on the art side.

As far as Game Boy games. Three were fine, three had a dead battery save (one of those with a ripped label). But I just returned in store no problem.

Over all I've been very satisfied.

What kind of games did you order? I find that used RPG's tend to be in better condition than say GTA 3. If it is a game that the average person under 17 would like then they tend to be in rougher condition IMO. To be honest though I only had to send a game back once (before they had their Guaranteed to Work policy).

I actually got lucky today, my Persona 2 arrived complete. To get a ps1 game complete is in itself like hitting the lottery with EB.

I just got my $8 copy of Fzero for cube yesterday in almost mint condition for a minute I thought they opened a new game to send to me.

EBgames has always shipped me good condition cases and discs. On the other hand Gamestop has always shipped me crap, thus I don't buy used from them anymore. It's a risk. You save some money but chances are you may not get exactly what you expect.

[quote name='dafoomie']I actually got lucky today, my Persona 2 arrived complete. To get a ps1 game complete is in itself like hitting the lottery with EB.[/quote]

This is true. Congrats.

That's the one thing about buying used Xbox, GC, and PS2 games from EB. You ALWAYS get the game complete. Not so for Gamestop.

Thanks for all the info in this topic. I was considering ordering a couple PS1 games from them, but it seems like it would be a waste of my money if the chances of getting it complete are slim to none.

I had an order of new games once that looked like they suffered some water damage on their trip to my house. Those being Gladius and Star Wars rebel strike sadly... of course my friend's copy of Gladius appeared to get the same treatment. Such a good game deserves better from EB.

That's why I don't order used stuff online. I like to see what I'm getting. That and I'm too anal about my disc based games being complete and not beat up, and I don't like ripped labels on my carts.

True story:

When EBgames had the PS2 trade in deal with 5 games, I ordered the 5 cheapest used games on their website to trade in. One disc was pretty worn on the print side and the clerk wouldn't accept it in that condition for trade in.

I didn't have my Ebgames.com receipt on hand to exchange the game, so I come back the next day with the receipt, exchanged the used game for a nicer one with the same clerk from yesterday. Went to my car, came back with my used PS2, the 4 other games, and the game I just exchanged and the poor guy looked like a deer caught in headlights.

Apparently, EBgames can sell you games in shite condition, but won't acccept them for trade ins.

thanks CheapyD, i tried the goo gone on the dozen of games that i have with stickers and sticker residue, it worked like a charm!!!! goo gone only costs about $4 for a bottle and it is well worth it to get those damn stickers off the cases. :D

[quote name='bmarquardt']True story:

When EBgames had the PS2 trade in deal with 5 games, I ordered the 5 cheapest used games on their website to trade in. One disc was pretty worn on the print side and the clerk wouldn't accept it in that condition for trade in.

I didn't have my Ebgames.com receipt on hand to exchange the game, so I come back the next day with the receipt, exchanged the used game for a nicer one with the same clerk from yesterday. Went to my car, came back with my used PS2, the 4 other games, and the game I just exchanged and the poor guy looked like a deer caught in headlights.

Apparently, EBgames can sell you games in shite condition, but won't acccept them for trade ins.[/quote]

You took that guy to school, PWNED

I ordered about 4 ps2 games and 4 ps1 games from ebgames.com used an 4 of the ps2 games all came complete only 1 was not in mint condition but still very good. One came new (Ninja Assault with guncon) only one ps1 game came complete the others were Disc Only...however I paid only 1ish for each ps1 game.

[quote name='help1']goo gone is the best for those cheap ass sticky things...

1000 POSTS REACHED!!!!

im gonna be flamed now!!! :roll: :p[/quote]

Hey, at least you didn't make a topic for it. :lol:

[quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='help1']goo gone is the best for those cheap ass sticky things...

1000 POSTS REACHED!!!!

im gonna be flamed now!!! :roll: :p[/quote]

Hey, at least you didn't make a topic for it. :lol:[/quote]

Im a man of my word.. I said I wasn't going to make one.. I didnt make one...

Ah, EBGames...

The one time I decided to take the chance and order two used games (Shadow Hearts and Super Monkey Ball 2), they both arrived full of scratches which rendered both discs unplayable (Shadow Hearts would freeze up the second the first battle started, and you couldn't make it past the mode-select menus of Monkey Ball). I enclosed a very polite note when I returned both games to them, requesting that if they were unable to find any replacements in working condition, that they would refund my credit card.

... A few weeks later, I got another package from them. Two copies of Shadow Hearts, both beaten to hell. No Monkey Ball 2 in sight. Okay, now I was confused. One lengthy phone call later, it was agreed upon that I would be refunded for both games, any shipping costs I had incurred, and a $10 voucher for my troubles.

Needless to say, I only buy new games sight-unseen online now.

I just received my first used order from EB today (two and a half year old PS2 game), and it's in absolutely flawless condition. The case, instruction manual, and disc...not a single flaw to be found; so I'm pleasantly surprised.

Perhaps I got lucky but I'll probably try them again given this successful order from them.

all the used ones ive ordered are fine...except for the occasional sticker on the case..plus for next to nothing..u ant go wrong..i just hate getting the blue disc ones :(.they dont work on my ps2

bread's done
Back