Eb game days - April 05 - May 02

JnJosh

CAGiversary!
Feedback
18 (100%)
This years "Game days" sales (remember those 9.89 games?) is running a bit early this year, hopefully a lot of stuff to come, flyer scans will be up on the 3rd, but I am willing to send them for a few good men, regulars only via PM. The rest of you can wait a few days, :)

just be a bit patient with the PMing, i will get back to you guys asap!

join the group! http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/...hp?groupid=190

Flyer is now live, my crappy scans are no longer needed!

http://ebgames.ca/fsi.asp

Last edited by a moderator:
Picked up all used today for the 360

Too Human $8.99
Mirror's Edge $17.99
Lost Planet $3.99 (case was not platinum hits but the guy but the plat his in there)

Best part of it was that I come home and turn on my 360 and got a RRoD :cry:. This is now my 2nd console in 2 years, I think I may just buy a new elite or the RE5 one and sell my old one.

I don't see anything really interesting. Motorstorm PR is tempting, but my PS3 just died this week and considering how much it's costing me to fix, I think I'm gonna pass on the game.

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']What time does EB open today? I didn't see a time in the flyer or website, unless I'm blind (which is quite possible)[/quote]

i had to call them lots of times to find out.. they dont actually tell you opening dates over the flyer and such.

i know that they are open around 12, thats for sure.....

I'm thinking I'll get TWEWY myself.

Do they usually have a bunch of unannounced deals? Is there any other handheld or wii deals not in the flyer?

Walked in at opening and got 2 AC/DC track packs, for myself and a friend. I didn't see anything spectacular (other than what I asked about in the PM group), but there already were 2-3 hyper kids wanting the DSi. :whee:

I picked up a Black DSi after trading in my old one. I also bought the last sealed copies of Too Human and Metal Gear Solid 4 at the Kanata EB.

[quote name='Tuffdog']any chance that the ACDC track pack can be incuded in the 2 for $20 deal?[/quote]

its used only i think.

and isnt the pack 9.99? so it doesnt have to be in the 2 for 20 deal

So i could get the track pack for 5 bucks or so if it is 10 bucks new instead? I thought it was $10 used so it could apply, but it might have been considered another offer, making not combinable with the 2 for $20.

Got Too Human and Aerosmith (Wii) both used; gonna try another EB for moar stuff tomorrow.

Also, posting this from DSi. *squeeeee*

Nothing to contribute as far as our sale goes, but I was in the States this weekend and there Game Days sale is rather lame. Some decent DS games on sale, though.. FFTA2 for $20, and Chrono Trigger for $20 as well. Other than that, nothing that great.

[quote name='foxmcloud']nothing new today here :([/quote]
There's nothing "new" today because there are no price changes on Sundays, only Monday-Saturday. The reason why the sale unofficially started yesterday instead of today, the actual start date is because the prices had to be changed on the Saturday in order to be in effect for today.

[quote name='Tuffdog']So i could get the track pack for 5 bucks or so if it is 10 bucks new instead? I thought it was $10 used so it could apply, but it might have been considered another offer, making not combinable with the 2 for $20.[/quote]

It's $8.99 used (same as Mass Effect/Too Human) and $9.99 new.

Today i checked the ebagme at galerie d'anjou and the one at the place versaille in montreal.

at the galerie d'anjou there was 1 GH:aerosmith for ps3 left, some new and used mass effect and too human. No ACDC or GH:aerosmith for xbox.

for place versaille, nothing much has changed from my last post, there is some new and old mass effect and some used too human, thats it.

Oh well, seem like this will be my last dailly update for those 2 stores since non frequent poster arent wanted here anymore

I just got Mercs 2, Dark Sector, Facebreaker and Splinter Cell Double agent for 42 bucks including tax at this sale! I was pretty stoked. It was weird, though - the games were labelled certain prices and then they took off even more at the till. That's great, but why?

[quote name='Kekumba']Nothing to contribute as far as our sale goes, but I was in the States this weekend and there Game Days sale is rather lame. Some decent DS games on sale, though.. FFTA2 for $20, and Chrono Trigger for $20 as well. Other than that, nothing that great.[/QUOTE]

Uh, Chrono Trigger for $20 would have been an instant buy for me. I had the dude at my local EB double check the price on it here and its $45. fuck that.

I would also easily grab FFTA2 for $20.

As it is, I only got The World Ends With You (I suspect I may still never actually play this game) and a used Wii Sports.

Did someone just say Chrono Trigger for $20? I'm there. Thus far Game Days have been a bust. But with Chrono on my side things can only get better.

Gamer Days had better flyer deals atleast to me.

EDIT- DAMN IT. $45 is a no go with me.

I'm not into those types of games so I didn't grab it, but yeah.. seemed like a pretty decent price. Especially considering most people were complaining about the price of it to begin with.

I went to my local Gamestop -

I picked up the last copy of Too Human (it was gutted, but eh at that price...) and me and the clerk took time to check the list of price changes he received saturday. He noticed that Bourne Conspiracy for the PS3 and 360 was at 19,99$ new / 17,99 PO. I also picked up a copy of Bourne - I'm a big fan of the movies.

Bought Mass Effect, Too Human, and the AC/DC track pack for 9.99 each.

Mass Effect and Too Human were both gutted though. (groan)
I guess I should've pm'd, if only to get sealed copies.

Picked up Too Human (new, sealed) at the Southcentre EB earlier today. I think they still had 4-5 copies left. Not sure about any of the other titles as I was pretty much just there for the one game.

If anyone is willing to pick me up a copy of AC/DC Track pack, for cost + taxes + shipping + many thanks, please PM me. It doesn't seem to be available in Quebec.

EDIT: Whoa... I posted message #333... that number has freaked me out ever since playing Eternal Darkness... which was also a Silicon Knights game *looks at Too Human*, which is all the more evidence that SK is starting to somehow take hold over aspects of my life. XD

Managed to pick up completely sealed copies of Too Human and Mass Effect, so that's pretty sweet...
I asked if they had any daily or weekly deal going on, but the employees there had no clue. They didn't even think it happened last year (then how can they explain my $5 Jak X purchase during Game Days in '08? =3), and they were all new employees (god, I go to games stores too much), so they were somewhat clueless on the whole concept.
If anyone figures out what those daily or weekly deals are, be sure to let us all know. =D (Or, at least, PM me the details... =3)

Nothing special (different) when I went today... Here's what I can remember off the top of my head:

360 - $10 - New: AC/DC Live, Facebreaker, Mass Effect, Too Human, Quake Wars, Guitar Hero Aerosmith, War Tech, Alone in the Dark.

Wii - $10 - New: Imagine Babies, Heavenly Guardian, Alone in the Dark.

PS3 - $10 - New: NBA Live 08, NBA 08, AC/DC Live, Guitar Hero Aerosmith.

[quote name='Rabid619']Anyone notice if Valkyria Chronicles is on sale? I can't head up to my EB until Tuesday.[/quote]

It was in the States, not sure about Canada.

I tried to find out about some deals when I picked up my DSi and Rhythm Heaven from Gamestop today but I failed.

I brought up some games I'd been eyeing recently, Civ Revolution DS, Lock's Quest and Hatsworth and I asked if they could check to see the price on them, but the guy denied me, saying the system didn't work that way, that any sort of price drop would be tacked on after it was rung in. Ah well.

Civ Revolution DS and Lock's Quest are both $20 as it so are good pick ups, but I had a hunch they might get dropped $5 or something :(

[quote name='Zaxxon']when I picked up my DSi and Rhythm Heaven from Gamestop today[/quote]Have you tried Rhythm Heaven yet and if so, is it any good? If so, how much was it? ;)

[quote name='Rabid619']Anyone notice if Valkyria Chronicles is on sale? I can't head up to my EB until Tuesday.[/quote]

I went there today and asked for it, and the guys like its $69.99. So I said oh well isn't it on the gameday sale, and he goes no. So I said well its on the website, and he goes come back when the sales ending, you might find it then :roll: I should have told him to ring it in just in case but whatever, i'll go back and try again another day if I don't get it before that. This was in Hamilton Ontario btw.

[quote name='dtp11']Have you tried Rhythm Heaven yet and if so, is it any good? If so, how much was it? ;)[/quote]

I haven't tried it yet but I was a massive fan of the GBA Rhythm Tengoku so I'm assuming it's excellent. I liked Rhythm Tengoku so much that the DS Rhythm Heaven was an instant buy for me regardless of the price, so I have no idea if it was $29 or $35 or $39 :D

[quote name='gamer602']Yup daily drops...not on flyer

Started a thread on RFD>WAS GIVEN PREMISSION.

I rather control what the OP is on RFD then that j0348959 guy...o[/quote]

you love me! :booty:

[quote name='spike32']I went there today and asked for it, and the guys like its $69.99. So I said oh well isn't it on the gameday sale, and he goes no. So I said well its on the website, and he goes come back when the sales ending, you might find it then :roll: I should have told him to ring it in just in case but whatever, i'll go back and try again another day if I don't get it before that. This was in Hamilton Ontario btw.[/quote]
Valyria Chronicles is not a part of the Game Days sale, the US and Canada sales are for different titles at different prices and VC just isn't one of the ones here in Canada

Picked up some PSP titles:

FFVII - 19.99 - 4.99 (promo) - 2.00 GMR (membership discount) = $13
MGS Portable OPS+ - $13.49 (no promo on this one)

The FFVII Crisis Core deal is pretty sweet

Thx OP!

Picked up:
Too Human for ~$8.10 used after edge discount.
Lost Planet: Collector's Edition for ~$3.60 after edge discount

Also grabbed Razes Hell, THUG2, THAW all for the Xbox at ~$1.80.

Dark Sector was 9.89 new. Vampire Rain and Project Sylpheed were 4.89 new. Facebreaker is $8.99 used.

bread's done
Back