Eb game days - April 05 - May 02

JnJosh

CAGiversary!
Feedback
18 (100%)
This years "Game days" sales (remember those 9.89 games?) is running a bit early this year, hopefully a lot of stuff to come, flyer scans will be up on the 3rd, but I am willing to send them for a few good men, regulars only via PM. The rest of you can wait a few days, :)

just be a bit patient with the PMing, i will get back to you guys asap!

join the group! http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/...hp?groupid=190

Flyer is now live, my crappy scans are no longer needed!

http://ebgames.ca/fsi.asp

Last edited by a moderator:
managed to PM Condemned 2 and Alone in the Dark at FS. The manage than asked for the flyer since AITD was $59.99 there.

[quote name='musdy']managed to PM Condemned 2 and Alone in the Dark at FS. The manage than asked for the flyer since AITD was $59.99 there.[/QUOTE]
eh musdy, I assume you are talking about the 360 version of AITD , right? if not , and you are talking about the Ps3 version, how much is it at EB?

[quote name='JamesX']eh musdy, I assume you are talking about the 360 version of AITD , right? if not , and you are talking about the Ps3 version, how much is it at EB?[/QUOTE]

There's no reason for it to be more than the 360's version so probably $10. Which is really what it's worth.

[quote name='AftComet']There's no reason for it to be more than the 360's version so probably $10. Which is really what it's worth.[/QUOTE]

I agree that the Ps3 version is not worth more then $10 but when I went to my local EB yesterday, the 360 version was $9.86 and the Ps3 version was $29.99.

yeah it was the 360 version but I also saw the PS3 version for $29.99. Any reason why he might have taken the flyer to make a phone call???

[quote name='thegamecubist']According to the employee at my local EB (Shopper's World Brampton), it's only what is in the bin. Sucks, because I found copies of MGS: PO and Frequency for $14.99 but Frequency was not in the bargain bin :([/quote]

I got games off the shelf at 2/$40, so I assume you can for 2/$30 and 2/$20

Another little mentioned deal, if you are looking for some PS2/XBOX games.

"2 for $8.00 - Buy any 2 used games, price range from $4.99 - $7.99, for $8.00.
This offer is valid from 5 April to 2 May, 2009. See store associate for full details."

So basically $7.99 Used games should be B1G1. Could be why the used copies of Too Human, Facebreaker, etc. All are at $8.99 which falls in between the 2/$8 and 2/$20 ranges

[quote name='JamesX']I agree that the Ps3 version is not worth more then $10 but when I went to my local EB yesterday, the 360 version was $9.86 and the Ps3 version was $29.99.[/QUOTE]

That's incredible. You should have attempted to reason with the staff. I doubt they can still try to justify it with "but it's on a blu-ray disc".

EB just sucks like that sometimes.

[quote name='JamesX']can anyone confirm that stranglehold (360 or Ps3) is new for $9.89?[/QUOTE]

I only know the 360s.

Too Human
AITD
Didn't hear anything about Stranglehold. If you haven't played it, it's really, really enjoyable and fun. Best rental ever.

[quote name='Corizzle']I got games off the shelf at 2/$40, so I assume you can for 2/$30 and 2/$20

Another little mentioned deal, if you are looking for some PS2/XBOX games.

"2 for $8.00 - Buy any 2 used games, price range from $4.99 - $7.99, for $8.00.
This offer is valid from 5 April to 2 May, 2009. See store associate for full details."

So basically $7.99 Used games should be B1G1. Could be why the used copies of Too Human, Facebreaker, etc. All are at $8.99 which falls in between the 2/$8 and 2/$20 ranges[/quote]

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF-

Damnit. The guy lied :( I'm kinda tempted to go back and try to get it with my Portable Ops...

[quote name='AftComet']There's no reason for it to be more than the 360's version so probably $10. Which is really what it's worth.[/quote]

Actually there is a reason. The PS3 version is the complete, refined, and best release. It also isn't Alone In The Dark, but Alone In The Dark:Inferno, it features exclusive levels, better controls, less glitches, and overall a much better experience then the 360, PC, Wii, and PS2 counterparts ( I know because I own the 360, Wii, and PS2 ones along with the PS3 version). But there is a even better reason then that, PS3 version was released in November, where as the other ones came out in June.

[quote name='Dragon52']... I know because I own the 360, Wii, and PS2 ones along with the PS3 version ...[/quote] Why on earth would you buy each console's version of the same game? :whistle2:s

I got the 360, and PS2 ones dirt cheap. Got the Wii one half price coupled with a giftcard. The only one I paid more then $10 for was the PS3 version. It also helps that the PS2 and Wii versions are pretty different from the 360 one, and even further away from the PS3 version.

[quote name='Dragon52']Actually there is a reason. The PS3 version is the complete, refined, and best release. It also isn't Alone In The Dark, but Alone In The Dark:Inferno, it features exclusive levels, better controls, less glitches, and overall a much better experience then the 360, PC, Wii, and PS2 counterparts ( I know because I own the 360, Wii, and PS2 ones along with the PS3 version). But there is a even better reason then that, PS3 version was released in November, where as the other ones came out in June.[/QUOTE]

Oh. You're talking about Alone in the Dark: Still Sucks for the PS3. You mean the version "that brought some fresh ideas to the table but still ended up being hampered by glitches."

If anything, it should be cheaper than the Xbox 360's version because the poor gamers have to put up with a lot more crap.:roll:

[quote name='Dragon52']I got the 360, and PS2 ones dirt cheap. Got the Wii one half price coupled with a giftcard. The only one I paid more then $10 for was the PS3 version. It also helps that the PS2 and Wii versions are pretty different from the 360 one, and even further away from the PS3 version.[/QUOTE]

How many coasters does one possibly need? :bouncy:

Well I guess it's sold out everywhere in Canada but it doesn't hurt to ask. No store in the province of Quebec seem to be carrying Rock Band AC/DC so I can't buy it in EBGames and I can't price match it elsewhere. If anyone has a brand new copy (I wanna export the songs to RB2) for sale on XBOX360, let me know with your price.

Thanks!

[quote name='CatBoy']Well I guess it's sold out everywhere in Canada but it doesn't hurt to ask. No store in the province of Quebec seem to be carrying Rock Band AC/DC so I can't buy it in EBGames and I can't price match it elsewhere. If anyone has a brand new copy (I wanna export the songs to RB2) for sale on XBOX360, let me know with your price.

Thanks![/quote]

I'm in the same predicament. I can PayPal the funds the cover the purchase.

[quote name='exolstice']I'm in the same predicament. I can PayPal the funds the cover the purchase.[/quote]

I might be able to help you out. I'll check to see if my eb has any new copies. Just so we are clear, this is the X360 version.

I will help clarify some details for you guys.

any used game that is 10-14.99 will work for 2/20
any used game that is 15-19.99 will work 2/30
ETC. it does not apply to JUST the games in the bins. if its priced at that you get it on that deal. there are a lot of great games at 14.99

Also remember that all used accessories are 25% off.

None of the used deals either 2/20 or 2/30 or 2/40 or the 5$ off games of the week will be able to use the edge card on top of them. There was a email directed specific on this issue. you get either the promotion deal or your edge card discount NOT BOTH. If there is a store giving you both discounts then they will have a lot of explaining to do to lost prevention team

[quote name='Pale-Dim']I will help clarify some details for you guys.

ETC. it does not apply to JUST the games in the bins. if its priced at that you get it on that deal. there are a lot of great games at 14.99

Also remember that all used accessories are 25% off.

None of the used deals either 2/20 or 2/30 or 2/40 or the 5$ off games of the week will be able to use the edge card on top of them. There was a email directed specific on this issue. you get either the promotion deal or your edge card discount NOT BOTH. If there is a store giving you both discounts then they will have a lot of explaining to do to lost prevention team[/quote]

Yea the employees were like:

I sure hope the EDGE card works...

SWEET!!!
it does!!

Im picking up a bunch of games after my shift!

^He had a stack in the back room too.....

And they were talking shit about other employees...

The dude that walked from his first shift...
store is closing and moving....
Secret shopper reports....
their results.....
the woman who did the secret shopping...
how theres no managers.....
how busy the store is and the ranking it is in....

Could those things BE DISCUSSED AT THE TOP OF THEIR LUNGS IN THE FRONT DESK????
INFRONT OF CUSTOMERS??

Oh and do you mean that we can use the EDGE and the 25%off USED accessories??

[quote name='gamer602']Yea the employees were like:

I sure hope the EDGE card works...

SWEET!!!
it does!!

Im picking up a bunch of games after my shift!

^He had a stack in the back room too.....

And they were talking shit about other employees...

The dude that walked from his first shift...
store is closing and moving....
Secret shopper reports....
their results.....
the woman who did the secret shopping...
how theres no managers.....
how busy the store is and the ranking it is in....

Could those things BE DISCUSSED AT THE TOP OF THEIR LUNGS IN THE FRONT DESK????
INFRONT OF CUSTOMERS??

Oh and do you mean that we can use the EDGE and the 25%off USED accessories??[/quote]
I read from Ranzo in another thread that the Edge card and the 25% promo are stackable.

[quote name='Pale-Dim']I will help clarify some details for you guys.

[/QUOTE]

They refused to do this for me. fucking little pricks.

[quote name='forbiddenx']Does anyone know if Bioshock for 360 is part of any of these deals?[/quote]

When I was there two days ago Bioshock was the same; then again I didn't really know the original price before the sale. The only difference that I did notice was the game was in one of the "Buy 2 for $40.00" bins.

[quote name='dancrane212']When I was there two days ago Bioshock was the same; then again I didn't really know the original price before the sale. The only difference that I did notice was the game was in one of the "Buy 2 for $40.00" bins.[/quote]

Oh alright thanks!

I got Guitar Hero: Aerosmith (360) for 5 bucks new, the guy told me the price went down today. Maybe he made a mistake but it's brand new, not even gutted.

I mentioned it earlier, but if someone buys the package of GH:A and a guitar, and trades in GH:A (with the "Not for Resale" label) then EB must sell it as used; I bought a couple sealed copies of GH3 last year for $4.99 because they were "used"

[quote name='game_fanatic']I mentioned it earlier, but if someone buys the package of GH:A and a guitar, and trades in GH:A (with the "Not for Resale" label) then EB must sell it as used; I bought a couple sealed copies of GH3 last year for $4.99 because they were "used"[/quote]
Huh, I don't know if it was here that I read it or it was my own personal experience, but (I thought) most EBs will make you open the game to ensure that there actually is a disc inside and you didn't shrinkwrap it yourself.

[quote name='thereisnoway']I got Guitar Hero: Aerosmith (360) for 5 bucks new, the guy told me the price went down today. Maybe he made a mistake but it's brand new, not even gutted.[/quote]

[quote name='game_fanatic']I mentioned it earlier, but if someone buys the package of GH:A and a guitar, and trades in GH:A (with the "Not for Resale" label) then EB must sell it as used; I bought a couple sealed copies of GH3 last year for $4.99 because they were "used"[/quote]

Erm, some EBs have sealed copies of used games (i.e they don't want tons of display boxes out front so they shrink wrap used games with the disc inside and leave it in the back 'cause it's easier that way), he might've gotten that one.

[quote name='Skardee']Huh, I don't know if it was here that I read it or it was my own personal experience, but (I thought) most EBs will make you open the game to ensure that there actually is a disc inside and you didn't shrinkwrap it yourself.[/quote]

All EBs open games when they're traded in.

Attention all CAGs:

The Game Days are not stackable anymore with the EDGE card. Email got sent out this morning. Those of you who're still getting it you're lucky =\.

[quote name='Ranzo']The 5$ off list is (all used)

wii
metroid prime 3
call of duty 3
warioware smooth moves
mario strikers charged
super paper mario

PS3
full auto 2
dead space
silent hill
cod 4

prince of persia
eternal sonata
lost odyssey
sw snowboarding
end war[/quote]

Hey Ranzo,

My friend mentioned he picked up Punch-out for the wii as part of a new trade 3 promotion.... Just wondering if this is true and if it is what games are on the list this time around?

Thanks

Areosmith is 5$ NEW
GH3 legends of rock. most say not for resale on the back after you take off the first shirnkwrap of the french. mass print one is cheaper then two covers.
and NO not all EBs gut all used product. infact EBs get a lot of used product sealed from head office.
also that edge card email was a couple of days ago.

Trade 3 promo... i think most stores just wing it. I general allow anything that is on the coming soon list.

[quote name='JamesX']can anyone confirm that stranglehold (360 or Ps3) is new for $9.89?[/QUOTE]

Saw it used for ~$10. Not sure about new, try calling.

Dropped by the Lougheed Mall EB Games (Burnaby) this morning. Had a good amount (5+) of copies of used Too Human and new AC/DC. They had one used copy of GH: Aerosmith that I could see, for 3.99.

[quote name='snuter']I might be able to help you out. I'll check to see if my eb has any new copies. Just so we are clear, this is the X360 version.[/quote]

Oh actually, I need the PS3 version. Sorry about that. I'm such a "fanboy" I don't even realize sometimes that there's another console out there, or maybe I'm just bitter because my girlfriend thinks I have too many consoles already. ;)

[quote name='will52']Too Human for $9.89? Is this new or used? Worth it for the money?[/QUOTE]

its new, not sure if its worth or not, I picked one up but have not tried it yet, worse case scenario I pissed away $10.

[quote name='will52']Too Human for $9.89? Is this new or used? Worth it for the money?[/quote]

Yes, that's the price for a new copy (used is $8.xx).

The game seems to be love it or hate it. If you've ever played games like Phantasy Star Online or Diablo, and enjoyed the dungeon crawling/loot hunting aspects of those titles, I'd say give it a try.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Eoyote']Yes, that's the price for a new copy (used is $8.xx).

The game seems to be love it or hate it. If you've ever played games like Phantasy Star Online or Diablo, and enjoyed the dungeon crawling/loot hunting aspects or those titles, I'd say give it a try.[/quote]

Can't really go wrong for $10

I rented out Too Human for 2 weeks and enjoyed it quite a bit.
It will take a while before you stop trying to control the camera with your right analog stick though.

It's a pretty good game. Last summer, I did a T3G1F for it because I already had every other game coming out that I wanted. Still have it because I'm hoping to get 1000 in it...fucking game has the equivalent of collecting a full artifact set in WoW as an achievement...so I've been benching it in hopes I can eventually convince somebody to just let me borrow their's :)

the eb on walker road in windsor still had a couple copies of too human they were all sold out of mass effect, had a couple of ac/dc left. They also had a new copy of nanostray 2 for $14.xx (dont know if that's a deal or not last time i seen it was $19.99) and apparently 360 hard drives do not count as part of the 25% used accessories sale as it was still $50 for a used 20gig drive

also at the same eb i believe i seen new dead space (360) tagged for $29.99 it may have been $39.99 but still thats a little bit off the reg price anyway (since i already had it at home i didn't bother to check for sure)

I can confirm that Guitar Hero Aerosmith is $4.89 New, $3.99 Used for All Systems

Nanostray 2 for DS is also $9.99 Used
Lock's Quest for DS is $14.99 Used (Good deal if you do 2/20)

The way the sign is worded on the bin people don't realize its all games for the 2@$X. So I found a FF tactics and burnout paradise that werent there last time on the shelf.

Anyone in QC want a gutted 360 AC/DC at cost+$2 postage speak before I find someone else to take it. Still got the EB sticker sealing it.

bread's done
Back