EB Games After Christmas Sale (12/26 - 12/28)

wankerjr

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Ad scans, and online coupon codes now available at EBgames.com

3 Day deals 12/26 - 12/28
===============================================
- 2 for $30 All PS2 Greatest Hits, XBox Platinum Hits & GC Players Choice
- The more you buy the more you save promo:

*30% or 20% off when you buy 4 pre-played titles
*25% or 15% off when you buy 3 pre-played titles
*20% or 10% off when you buy 2 pre-played titles
*(First discount value is if you have an EB Edge card)

- Vampire: Bloodlines $29.99
- Godzilla: Save the Earth (PS2 & XBox) $29.99
- EverQuest 2 $29.99
- Rainbow Six 3 (PS2 & XBox) $9.99
- Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance (PS2 & XBox) $9.99
- Van Helsing (PS2 & XBox) $9.99
- Purchase Crash Twinsanity (PS2 or XBox) & get Crash Nitro for $9.99
- 30% off any strategy guide with purchase of game
- 30% off any Gameshark product

Deals for 12/26/04 - 1/2/05
===============================================
- Trade in 4 select PS2, XBox or GC game & get the following free:
*Need for Speed Underground 2 (PC version included)
*The Urbz: Sims in the City (GBA version included)
*Goldeneye: Rogue Agent
*LOTR: The 3rd Age (GBA version included)
- Activision titles for $29.99 or get $30 trade in credit when you trade in 3 select PS2, XBox, or GC games:

*Shrek 2 (PS2/XBox/GC/GBA)
*Rome: Total War
*Call of Duty: Finest Hour (PS2/XBox/GCN)
*Lemony Snicket (PS2/XBox/GC/PC)
*Doom 3
*Tony Hawk Underground 2 (PS2/XBox/GC/GBA/PC)
*Shark Tale (PS2/XBox/GC/GBA/PC)
*Spiderman 2 (PS2/XBox/GC/GBA)
*X-Men Legends (PS2/XBox/GCN)

- Save $10 on the following PC Titles:

*City of Heroes $29.99
*Full Spectrum Warrior $29.99
*Tribes Vengeance $19.99

- Save $5 on the following PC titles:

*Age of Mythology Gold $24.99
*Call of Duty $24.99
*Call of Duty: United Offensive $24.99

- Buy any PC game reg. $39.99 or more & get 1/2 off select PC accessories
- Madden 2K5, Fifa 2K5, NBA Live 2K5, NHL 2K5 (PC) $19.99
- Madden 2005 (PS2/XBox/GC/GBA) $24.99
- Full Spectrum Warrior (XBox) $29.99
- NBA Ballers (PS2/XBox) $19.99
- Sonic Mega Collection Plus (PS2) $17.99
- Leisure Suit Larry (PS2/XBox) $44.99 / (PC) $24.99
- Tony Hawk Underground (XBox/PS2/GC) $14.99
- Spider Man (XBox/PS2/GC) $14.99
- True Crime (XBox/PS2/GC) $14.99
- Midway Arcade Treasures 2 (PS2/XBox/GCN) $14.99
- Return to Castle Wolfenstein (PS2/XBox) $14.99
- ESPN NBA 2K5 $14.99
- ESPN NFL 2K5 $14.99
- Plug & Play TV Games Frogger or Ms Pac-Man $14.99
- All GBA Videos 2 for $30
- Trade in 1 PS2 & 5 PS2 games = $125 credit
- Trade in 1 XB & 5 XB games = $125 credit
- Trade in 1 GC & 5 GC games = $75 credit
- Trade in 1 GBA SP & 5 GBA games = $60 credit
- Trade in 1 GBA & 5 GBA games = $30 credit
- Trade in 1 PSOne mini & 5 PSOne games = $30 credit
- Trade in 1 PSX & 5 PSX games = $25 credit
- Trade in 1 N64 & 5 N64 games = $20 credit
- Trade in 1 DC & 5 DC games = $20 credit

Out of the 7 games I could trade in only 1 isn't excluded. What bastards. Then again they are all games I scored from here (Wipeout Fusion, Primal, Haven...)

[quote name='Zennousha']I've heard from two people that EBGames is having a dollar sale on the day after Christmas to get rid a lot of their old unwanted games, is it not true? I'd figure it would be mentioned with the rest.[/quote]

Wow a dollar sale! Can anyone else confirm this?

I'm confused, had a little too much crapy wine, gross stuff.

I want to buy 4 used SNES games, but I didn't see a code for it, so does it do it for you when you have 4 used games in your cart?

I was really hoping for Age of Mythology: Gold for 19.99 but as has been pointed out, the price of 24.99 is already after the coupon..

[quote name='Lina']- Trade in 1 PS2 & 5 PS2 games = $125 credit

Does this "deal" also count the excluded list?[/quote]

EVERY trade in deal of EB's uses the exclusion list. They'll also dishonor other games not on the list. EB is total crap... They have the worst trade in policy. The only good deal I got out of them was the trade in the old PS2 + 5 PS2 games and get $150 credit (which I used on the new PStwo).

Thanks OP. I might do the 3 for X-Men Legends...

[quote name='Vinny'][quote name='Lina']- Trade in 1 PS2 & 5 PS2 games = $125 credit

Does this "deal" also count the excluded list?[/quote]

EVERY trade in deal of EB's uses the exclusion list. They'll also dishonor other games not on the list. EB is total crap... They have the worst trade in policy. The only good deal I got out of them was the trade in the old PS2 + 5 PS2 games and get $150 credit (which I used on the new PStwo).

Thanks OP. I might do the 3 for X-Men Legends...[/quote]

Back when they did the "trade 5 games plus used console for $150 credit" in the fall and at Turkey time, I bought the five cheapest games from their site and traded them in no problem. Did it for the Xbox, PS2, and even the Cube (only $100 credit for the Cube). Well, I shouldn't say "no problem". The manager thinks I took advantage of him, but I can't help it if I follow the rules and the store complies. Don't hate the savy shopper, hate the game.

[quote name='Ledhed'][quote name='wankerjr'][quote name='Ledhed'][quote name='wankerjr']- Save $10 on the following PC Titles:

*Tribes Vengeance $19.99[/quote]

Are you saying $10 off $20, or is $20 the adjusted price?[/quote]

$20 is the adjusted price.[/quote]

:x I was hoping for $10 Tribes goodness.[/quote]

Damn son! $20 not cheap enough? ;)

Here is the link to see the print ad for deals that EB has in B&M.

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/ads/promos/FSI/december04/

Also, with the ad they are having a sale from December 26-28 where all of the Platinum Hits, Greatest Hits, Player's Choice games are on sale again for 2 for $30

The deals in this ad that aren't apart of the December 26-28 are good through January 2 and are also available at EBgames.com :D

Re: EB Games After Christmas Sale (12/26 - 12/28)

I give credit were it's due. So, I am sorry about the repost didn't see anything when I ran a search.

This sale is apparently available online right now thru Jan. 2.
Starts tomorrow in store through Jan.2

Already posted............sorry

*30% or 20% off when you buy 4 pre-played titles

So, can you combine this with cag15/16 and saver?

Is the new Goldeneye real bad? I liked the other EA Bond shooters, and loved Goldeneye..... I was considering trading in Manhunt (doesnt work), KOTOR, Sonic Mega Collection, and Luigi's Mansion.

[quote name='Azul_KoolAid']*30% or 20% off when you buy 4 pre-played titles

So, can you combine this with cag15/16 and saver?[/quote]

nope.

$4.99 PS Buster Brothers Collection - Pre-Played
$2.99 PS Ridge Racer Type 4 - Pre-Played
$17.99 GBC Magical Tetris Challenge - Pre-Played
$1.99 PS Missile Command - Pre-Played
$5.99 PS2 Silpheed: The Lost Planet - Pre-Played
$9.99 GBA Gradius Galaxies - Pre-Played
$1.99 PS Blaster Master: Blasting Again - Pre-Played
$2.99 PS Shooter Space Shot - Pre-Played
$3.99 PS Shooter: Starfighter Sanvein - Pre-Played
$9.99 GB Tetris 2 - Pre-Played
$3.99 PS Puzzle Star Sweep - Pre-Played
$3.99 PS Sorcerer's Maze - Pre-Played
$3.99 PS Puzznic - Pre-Played

Subtotal: $74.87

Total Discount: -$22.46
Shipping: $1.99
Tax: $2.62
-------------
Total: $57.02

not bad.. stuff i've been wanting

Is anyone else getting the Error Message this sale has not been approved by the manager on the 2 for 30 PC, GH rtc?

[quote name='Misty Dawn']Is anyone else getting the Error Message this sale has not been approved by the manager on the 2 for 30 PC, GH rtc?[/quote]

I have been getting the same error message.

[quote name='miniarnold'][quote name='Misty Dawn']Is anyone else getting the Error Message this sale has not been approved by the manager on the 2 for 30 PC, GH rtc?[/quote]

I have been getting the same error message.[/quote]

The Black Friday deals took at least an hour to kick in online.

I can't even get the shity PPSAVE20 to work, it says you need to speand $69.99 in order to get it to work.

[quote name='siamesellama'][quote name='miniarnold'][quote name='Misty Dawn']Is anyone else getting the Error Message this sale has not been approved by the manager on the 2 for 30 PC, GH rtc?[/quote]

I have been getting the same error message.[/quote]

The Black Friday deals took at least an hour to kick in online.[/quote]

I've tried since 12 AM last night, it's now 12 PM and it still doesn't work.
I did however just get off the phone with EB and placed an order that way in which they credited the 2for30 sale code for me.
I was hoping to get super smash bros in the deal but that was a no go :(
the phone rep said he would credit only the ones Player's choice link in the add pictured. :(

cag15 and saver do not work for the 20%off preplayed games. You get a better discount just sticking to the cag15/saver combo. Also it isn't 20% + 10%(edge card). It already figures you have a card and uses it like it would normally use it. The only good deal would be if you wanted 4 preplayed games, because then you would save an additional 5%,which it might be enough to break even for the shipping you don't save.

yeah, you would save more if u only bought 2 or 3 pre owned games by using either the cag15 and saver along with your edge card or the pplay15 code with the saver and edge codes... not much of a deal if you ask me

[quote name='sj41'][quote name='help1']are there exclusions on:

- Trade in 4 select PS2, XBox or GC game & get the following free:
*Need for Speed Underground 2 (PC version included)[/quote]No, of course not. They just have the word select in that deal to make it look pretty. :roll:[/quote]

Sorry, I read to fast, buthey, atleast im not like the rest of the CAGS who just read one fourth of the messge tahts not a deal and post answers/ comments that were already in the original topic.

hi i just got a psone lcd combo recently..i plan to buy a couple pre played psone games...which ones would be recommended...so if i only buy a couple the pplay15 and the saver code are the only discounts i can get? thanks

[quote name='Drico']Is the new Goldeneye real bad? I liked the other EA Bond shooters, and loved Goldeneye..... I was considering trading in Manhunt (doesnt work), KOTOR, Sonic Mega Collection, and Luigi's Mansion.[/quote]

Goldeneye is ok IF you're going to be playing online...but I don't think its worth full (or near full) price if you're just getting it for the solo campaign.

Just a heads up, I just got back from my EB, hoping to get CoD for free after doing the 30.00 trade in promotion and buying it on sale for 29.99. The store wouldn't give it to me for 29.99, but they made me pay 39.99. So it ended up being 10.64 after the trade ins for me. He said you couldn't combine the two offers, which didn't make sense to me, because the two offers are right next to eachother in the ad. Oh well, not a bad deal, but not free either :whistle2:/

yeah you can't compine the offers online either I think, plus they make you spent a certain ammount for the PPSAVE-- thing, and that's bullshit.

This whole fucking sale is bullshit, they can go fuck themselves.

[quote name='MHRX']Just a heads up, I just got back from my EB, hoping to get CoD for free after doing the 30.00 trade in promotion and buying it on sale for 29.99. The store wouldn't give it to me for 29.99, but they made me pay 39.99. So it ended up being 10.64 after the trade ins for me. He said you couldn't combine the two offers, which didn't make sense to me, because the two offers are right next to eachother in the ad. Oh well, not a bad deal, but not free either :whistle2:/[/quote]

Same here but I got X-men Legends for $11 after trading three games I got for free during the TRU fiasco so I'm not complaining.

Just to let everyone know, the 2 for 30 online just takes off $10. They have a few $10 GH games, so you could get $10 off two $10 games. But, you have to have $39.98 of applicable games. So, you can buy three $10 GH games and one $15 GH game for a total of $25.

Suggestions are:
Dead to Rights PS2 $10
True Crime ALL $15
THUG ALL $15
Spider-Man ALL $15
Mortal Kombat DA PS2 or XBOX $10
Tomb Raider AOD PS2 $10
SSX Tricky XBOX $10

[quote name='Strider Turbulence'][quote name='MHRX']Just a heads up, I just got back from my EB, hoping to get CoD for free after doing the 30.00 trade in promotion and buying it on sale for 29.99. The store wouldn't give it to me for 29.99, but they made me pay 39.99. So it ended up being 10.64 after the trade ins for me. He said you couldn't combine the two offers, which didn't make sense to me, because the two offers are right next to eachother in the ad. Oh well, not a bad deal, but not free either :whistle2:/[/quote]

Same here but I got X-men Legends for $11 after trading three games I got for free during the TRU fiasco so I'm not complaining.[/quote]

Hey you guys got a raw deal. I tried it and the computer did the same thing (it didn't allow the two deals) but then I pointed it out to the sales guy - that the games are selling for 29.99 and it says I can get $30 credit for 3 games. He talked it over with another sales dude and they had to manually subtract the $10.

Maybe this way will work - trade in 3 games and they should give you $30 for them ( I believe their computers will automatically do this - as long as the games are not excluded) have them put it on a gift card or whatever they normally use. Then have them ring up the X-Men game - if done alone, the game will ring up $29.99. The computer can't do the two deals together but if done separately they work.

After being skeptical of this buy4 edge card deal, it actually worked out well for me in-store. I got Ace Combat 5 (44.99), Dead to Rights (Xbox $5.99), Links 2004 (14.99), and Nightfire (Xbox $9.99) all for 30% off, even better than just using cag15/ssaver/edge online to get 25% off AC5 alone.

The computers were not doing all the deals as they should. I actually had to manually subtract money from the buy 2 GH deal so it would work. Hopefully it gets fixed.

[quote name='PenguinMaster']Just to let everyone know, the 2 for 30 online just takes off $10. They have a few $10 GH games, so you could get $10 off two $10 games. But, you have to have $39.98 of applicable games. So, you can buy three $10 GH games and one $15 GH game for a total of $25.

Suggestions are:
Dead to Rights PS2 $10
True Crime ALL $15
THUG ALL $15
Spider-Man ALL $15
Mortal Kombat DA PS2 or XBOX $10
Tomb Raider AOD PS2 $10
SSX Tricky XBOX $10[/quote]

That's actually a pretty cool find, especially for those who haven't picked up those titles yet

the deal worked for me this morning, and went very smoothly. i took in 6 games for EB to check. 5 were eligible for the trade-in promo, so i picked 3. funny, they were all ea titles.

1) freekstyle GC
2) the sims GC
3) madden nfl 2004 GC

i got a new copy of x-men legends GC, it rang up at $39.99 too! but, the manager on duty immediately stepped in and adjusted it to the correct price of $29.99; so i only had to pay tax.

then i spent 3.5 hrs playin' it and getting it ready; for the multiplayer portions with my brothers later. (first rescue/training mission is only wolvie and slim)

i'd like to thank EB and CAG for this awesome deal! i hope there's one for re4 later. :D

this will be a farshot, but will someone sort their exclusion list into alphabetical order and take out the code numbers

here http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/ads/shops/instoretradein/exclusions.asp

if not, i will do it, just tell me how i can on the pc

also, does someone know where i can get cheap games that will work for this

edit: nevermind, i figured it out
pm me if you want me to send it to you, or tell me if i should post it here

bread's done
Back