EB Games After Christmas Sale (12/26 - 12/28)

wankerjr

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Ad scans, and online coupon codes now available at EBgames.com

3 Day deals 12/26 - 12/28
===============================================
- 2 for $30 All PS2 Greatest Hits, XBox Platinum Hits & GC Players Choice
- The more you buy the more you save promo:

*30% or 20% off when you buy 4 pre-played titles
*25% or 15% off when you buy 3 pre-played titles
*20% or 10% off when you buy 2 pre-played titles
*(First discount value is if you have an EB Edge card)

- Vampire: Bloodlines $29.99
- Godzilla: Save the Earth (PS2 & XBox) $29.99
- EverQuest 2 $29.99
- Rainbow Six 3 (PS2 & XBox) $9.99
- Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance (PS2 & XBox) $9.99
- Van Helsing (PS2 & XBox) $9.99
- Purchase Crash Twinsanity (PS2 or XBox) & get Crash Nitro for $9.99
- 30% off any strategy guide with purchase of game
- 30% off any Gameshark product

Deals for 12/26/04 - 1/2/05
===============================================
- Trade in 4 select PS2, XBox or GC game & get the following free:
*Need for Speed Underground 2 (PC version included)
*The Urbz: Sims in the City (GBA version included)
*Goldeneye: Rogue Agent
*LOTR: The 3rd Age (GBA version included)
- Activision titles for $29.99 or get $30 trade in credit when you trade in 3 select PS2, XBox, or GC games:

*Shrek 2 (PS2/XBox/GC/GBA)
*Rome: Total War
*Call of Duty: Finest Hour (PS2/XBox/GCN)
*Lemony Snicket (PS2/XBox/GC/PC)
*Doom 3
*Tony Hawk Underground 2 (PS2/XBox/GC/GBA/PC)
*Shark Tale (PS2/XBox/GC/GBA/PC)
*Spiderman 2 (PS2/XBox/GC/GBA)
*X-Men Legends (PS2/XBox/GCN)

- Save $10 on the following PC Titles:

*City of Heroes $29.99
*Full Spectrum Warrior $29.99
*Tribes Vengeance $19.99

- Save $5 on the following PC titles:

*Age of Mythology Gold $24.99
*Call of Duty $24.99
*Call of Duty: United Offensive $24.99

- Buy any PC game reg. $39.99 or more & get 1/2 off select PC accessories
- Madden 2K5, Fifa 2K5, NBA Live 2K5, NHL 2K5 (PC) $19.99
- Madden 2005 (PS2/XBox/GC/GBA) $24.99
- Full Spectrum Warrior (XBox) $29.99
- NBA Ballers (PS2/XBox) $19.99
- Sonic Mega Collection Plus (PS2) $17.99
- Leisure Suit Larry (PS2/XBox) $44.99 / (PC) $24.99
- Tony Hawk Underground (XBox/PS2/GC) $14.99
- Spider Man (XBox/PS2/GC) $14.99
- True Crime (XBox/PS2/GC) $14.99
- Midway Arcade Treasures 2 (PS2/XBox/GCN) $14.99
- Return to Castle Wolfenstein (PS2/XBox) $14.99
- ESPN NBA 2K5 $14.99
- ESPN NFL 2K5 $14.99
- Plug & Play TV Games Frogger or Ms Pac-Man $14.99
- All GBA Videos 2 for $30
- Trade in 1 PS2 & 5 PS2 games = $125 credit
- Trade in 1 XB & 5 XB games = $125 credit
- Trade in 1 GC & 5 GC games = $75 credit
- Trade in 1 GBA SP & 5 GBA games = $60 credit
- Trade in 1 GBA & 5 GBA games = $30 credit
- Trade in 1 PSOne mini & 5 PSOne games = $30 credit
- Trade in 1 PSX & 5 PSX games = $25 credit
- Trade in 1 N64 & 5 N64 games = $20 credit
- Trade in 1 DC & 5 DC games = $20 credit

Whats up with the $10 Fight Club that was mentioned awhile back. Can I just walk in and get one or is there a coupon needed? I haven't had a chance to go yet but it would be nice to know ahead of time.

[quote name='CouRageouS']Whats up with the $10 Fight Club that was mentioned awhile back. Can I just walk in and get one or is there a coupon needed? I haven't had a chance to go yet but it would be nice to know ahead of time.[/quote]

It's in a coupon book, but to get that they want you to buy $100 of crap.

Ahh there we go..coupon book. I'm gonna cross my fingers and hope an employee will be nice enough to give it to me at $10. Won't hurt to try.

I traded in:
Xenosaga (ps2 $3.xx)
Mafia (xbox $3.xx)
Pitfall (ps2 $5)
NFL2K5 (xbox got it for $10 but never play it)

Got Goldeneye 2 xbox

[quote name='Mind_n_Soul']o yea, which game would be best to get and for what system

nfsu 2
goldeneye
lotr ta
urbzx
thu2
xmen[/quote]

1. X-Men Legends = great RPG for 30 dollars, I would get it on gamecube or XB
2. NFS Underground = I would get this on XB
3. Tony Hawk Underground 2 = PS2 better control and it has online play
4. Goldeneye RA = I would just hold off on this until it is cheaper, unless you really like bond games
5. LOTR Third Age = this game was boring to me, so just like Goldeneye I would hold off for a $19.99 price drop
finally
6. Urbz - I wouldnt even buy this

I got CoD XB after trading Mario Pary 4, PoPXB, and Rebel Strike. It's going to end up in getting me MA2 this week.

X-Men Legends is the only one of those games worth picking up. Rome: Total War(also on sale) is probably the best of the sale lot.

There's been a halt to my plan to get Steel Battalion.

I've done the trade-in deal three times (mostly with TRU games) out of pocket is $30 and two old games.

I tried to return Goldeneye and the clerk (not at my EB) called his manager and said that I could only exchange it for games from EA because of the promo with EA. I'm pretty sure this would break consumer protection laws in the State of Wisconsin (based on the text of the receipt).

My EBGames has copies of Steel Battalion. If I can get the 3 games returned for store credit . . .

I've become a monster, I would frown on others doing this scheme. I know I'm really pushing the system.

Driving home, I figure if they want to limit me to games by EA, fine. I will exchange for other games by EA and the exchange receipt will likely not outline the deal I got. Then I will return the exchange games.

[quote name='schultzed']There's been a halt to my plan to get Steel Battalion.

I've done the trade-in deal three times (mostly with TRU games) out of pocket is $30 and two old games.

I tried to return Goldeneye and the clerk (not at my EB) called his manager and said that I could only exchange it for games from EA because of the promo with EA. I'm pretty sure this would break consumer protection laws in the State of Wisconsin (based on the text of the receipt).

My EBGames has copies of Steel Battalion. If I can get the 3 games returned for store credit . . .

I've become a monster, I would frown on others doing this scheme. I know I'm really pushing the system.

Driving home, I figure if they want to limit me to games by EA, fine. I will exchange for other games by EA and the exchange receipt will likely not outline the deal I got. Then I will return the exchange games.[/quote]

just curious, you are trying to return goldeneye rogue agent and get steel battalion instead? GL on that, no sane employee would let you do that

[quote name='dracula']

just curious, you are trying to return goldeneye rogue agent and get steel battalion instead? GL on that, no sane employee would let you do that[/quote]

No, I was out with my son (finally saw the Spongebob movie) I was trying to return Goldeneye first to get $49.99 instore credit. Then I would return Urbz and LOTR (they didn't have NFS U2 when I did the tradeins). Altogether, I would have $149.97 in credit and would get SB (tax free and without shipping costs).

I'm being a real jerk, but the lure of a cheap Steel Battalion is pretty strong. "my precious, my precious . . ."

the list on their site is missing a lot

i jsut found out how you can find out if you can trade it in as a select game. if it says POX on the game in store, it means preowned excluded. if it jsut says PO, it might work (i had to go through like 5 PO five dollar games to get 2 that worked)

i found out because since i didn't have enough qualifiying games, so the nice eb guy let me look around for two more games to get, then trade them in towards nfsu2

i like my eb, it is so much better than gamestop IMO

Stopped at another EBGames and I was able to return Urbz, Goldeneye, and LOTR games and got $157.xx on a gift card . . . they refunded the phantom sales tax?????? 12 games traded in . . . total out of pocket about $40 plus my $10 copy of NFL2K5 (done with) and PS2 Prince of Persia (I got the Xbox version for $10 at TRU).

I didn't pull the trigger on Steel Battalion though . . . I swear they are going to discount it further.

[quote name='schultzed']Stopped at another EBGames and I was able to return Urbz, Goldeneye, and LOTR games and got $157.xx on a gift card . . . they refunded the phantom sales tax?????? 12 games traded in . . . total out of pocket about $40 plus my $10 copy of NFL2K5 (done with) and PS2 Prince of Persia (I got the Xbox version for $10 at TRU).

I didn't pull the trigger on Steel Battalion though . . . I swear they are going to discount it further.[/quote]
\

wouldnt this be considered ripping off the store or scamming the store since your returning games that you got in a trade in profit thing ??

Trying to see if this is really allow or if They crack down on it

[quote name='slidecage']

wouldnt this be considered ripping off the store or scamming the store since your returning games that you got in a trade in profit thing ??

Trying to see if this is really allow or if They crack down on it[/quote]

Yeah, I admitted all along I was being a jerk with this deal :twisted:

Its a good application of situational ethics . . . I find it OK because its EBGAMES . . . I was talking about it with my wife (she's a goody two shoes) and she didn't think it was wrong as long as I was playing by the rules.

When I got turned down by the first clerk I thought their attitude was "but hey, you're ripping us off . . . we usually do that to you . . . we're not going to stand for this!"

The clerks where I did return the games were more amazed (wish I thought of that) than angry.

bread's done
Back