Eb Games Edge Card No Longer Valid?

obiwayne

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
I went online to purchase a used game and upon check out could not find the area to enter my newly renewed Edge card number.
I emailed EBGAMES and was told that they no longer accepted the Edge card online.
Just an FYI for everyone!

Wow, that sucks!

Good think I didn't renew my edge card - I was just about to. Thanks for the heads up.

[quote name='lpj8']I just used my edge card a couple days ago, so it is still good in store. At least it was for me.[/quote]

ya, but only EB, which sucks. If you're gonna merge and have one card work at all, have the other's work at all as well.

[quote name='AfroPig']ya, but only EB, which sucks. If you're gonna merge and have one card work at all, have the other's work at all as well.[/QUOTE]

I used my EB Edge card at Gamestop this past weekend with no problems whatsoever.

Either card works at either store if you go B&M. The sites are total shit now. No complete games, no stackable coupons, no more 25% off... your better off buying instore now, where you can check the quality/completeness before you buy.

[quote name='schuerm26']Gamestop cards work at EB? If so then i won't renew the edge card that expires in 10 days.[/quote]

Theres really only Gamestop now. Every EB location is just a Gamestop with outdated signs. Prices, Policies, etc are all Gamestops.

[quote name='Puffa469']Either card works at either store if you go B&M. The sites are total shit now. No complete games, no stackable coupons, no more 25% off... your better off buying instore now, where you can check the quality/completeness before you buy.[/quote]

Quoted for the fucking truth. At least now I can spend more money on anime.

[quote name='Puffa469']Theres really only Gamestop now. Every EB location is just a Gamestop with outdated signs. Prices, Policies, etc are all Gamestops.[/QUOTE]
Last time I was at EB, I asked them if they were GameStop now, and they were like "Well, kinda." So I don't know what that means. When I inquired further regarding the used game return policy, he just gave me the "unless someone here doesn't like you, they'll usually be pretty lenient with returns." So I guess there is no policy at my rogue EB/almost GameStop store. But my Edge worked fine. I'll find out in July when my Edge expires if the More card works as well.

I'm more curious when store closings might start to occur. This particular EB is in a plaza less than a mile west of the plaza GameStop is in.

Is it possible to use either card online any more? I just renewed my gamestop "More Card" yesterday against my better judgement, but can't seem to get it to work on their website today. What gives???

)-(

They are supposed to be working on the websites so that they can accept gift cards again. I'm hoping that the discount cards are going to be able to be used again as well.

All my local EB's and Gamestops take whichever card, and all have the same exact sales, and pricing, etc. My last order online was from EB.com and the games came all disc only, and the receipts said 'Gamestop' on them. On the back it said to return instore, go to a website and see which stores in your area accept online returns... when I put in my home and work zipcodes, it listed every single GS & EB around me as accepting returns purchased online.

The guys at the EB near my office think Im clairvoyant or something, cos I always seem to know more about whats going on in their store than they do. I'll walk in and ask about some sale and theyre amazed cos they just found out about it 20 minutes before I walked in. =p

[quote name='botticus']Last time I was at EB, I asked them if they were GameStop now, and they were like "Well, kinda." So I don't know what that means. When I inquired further regarding the used game return policy, he just gave me the "unless someone here doesn't like you, they'll usually be pretty lenient with returns." So I guess there is no policy at my rogue EB/almost GameStop store. But my Edge worked fine. I'll find out in July when my Edge expires if the More card works as well.

I'm more curious when store closings might start to occur. This particular EB is in a plaza less than a mile west of the plaza GameStop is in.[/quote]

[quote name='Puffa469']All my local EB's and Gamestops take whichever card[/QUOTE]

*drums fingers* Excellent... my gamestop card has more reach now... :twisted:

[quote name='DuelLadyS']*drums fingers* Excellent... my gamestop card has more reach now... :twisted:[/quote]

Works out well for me too, cos my GS card expire the end of this month. But my EB card is good till July. ;)

[quote name='botticus']

I'm more curious when store closings might start to occur. This particular EB is in a plaza less than a mile west of the plaza GameStop is in.[/QUOTE]

I was wondering the same thing. We have one Mall here that has an EB and a Software, Etc. Across the street from the Mall is a Gamestop, and about 1/2 mile up another street is an EB. I like the offsite EB best (don't have to go to the damn Mall) so I hope they keep that one anyway.

EB Edge cards are definitely valid in store. I had never purchased a "value" card at either place until just recently during the Buy 2 Get 1 free on used games. Since I bought 2 $44+ games they added the $5 for the Edge sticker (since it saved me almost $10 right on that purchase alone).

I have a question though - they MUST treat them slightly differently at EB/GS because doesn't the GS card give you 10% more in trade-in value on used games? EB has never done this (and didn't just yesterday when I traded 5 games for the $10 bonus deal). So are the trade-in prices different because of this, or does GS not do this any more (or did they ever??).

[quote name='io']I was wondering the same thing. We have one Mall here that has an EB and a Software, Etc. Across the street from the Mall is a Gamestop, and about 1/2 mile up another street is an EB. I like the offsite EB best (don't have to go to the damn Mall) so I hope they keep that one anyway.[/QUOTE]

They just closed one of my stores here in NYC. On 3rd ave we had 3 stores, one on 71st, 82nd and a GS 86th. Actually a EB on 103rd too. They closed the 71st st one and I noticed all the 71st st. guys are at the 82nd st location now and the original guys disappeared.

With the lack of good trade in deals these days it doesn't bother me as much. I live near those EBs and would easily be able to go back and forth and take advantage of things like the GT3 deal, heh.

Oddly enough I remember the 82nd st store getting tons of extra MGS3S Limited, but I realzied they must have got the orders for the store that closed down too.

bread's done
Back