EB Games-GameDays Promo 2008 RETURNS MAY 23!FLYER NOW UP!!!!LINK!!!!

gamer602

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Be sure to pop into EB on the 23rd! There will be a massive sale on tons of games and stuff! I saw the ads at the Metropolis Eb....Maybe Ranzo can provide a full list of games accessories on sale....The only thing I saw was the 2 for 20 sale....

http://ebgames.ca/fsi.asp

hardware_may.jpg

Went to two EB's in Edmonton and got some decent deals, all of which have already been mentioned (Naruto, Bioshock, Katamari). I just wanted to mention that Katamari Damacy is a reprint - though the exact same game.

How can you tell it's a reprint? Well, I've noticed that a few recent games come in a slightly different PS2 case: the old case has plastic jutting out above the DVD area to house a memory card. The new cases just have the playstation logo embossed above the DVD area. The reprint of SMT: Nocturne (from Playasia) and Persona 3:FES both came in these new cases, so I'm guessing they're a very recent development.

Anyway, just thought you might all be curious. I don't think this should change anyone's mind as the game and packaging are exactly the same; you could take out the cover art, manual and game and stick it in an old PS2 case if you want to feel special.

I got a DS around noon today at my favorite EB Games with trade ins of my own games.

The around 7, I went and traded in some BlockBuster & EB Games games and got another at another EB Games.

2 for the day.

Also, Traded in my PS2 Slim, Controller, High TIV games and grabbed a Dual Shock 3.

I ended up getting a DS for under $70 using the deals for this week (The employee and I must have went through 30 games of checking to see if they were applicable to get the cheapest I could)
I might go back to get Eye of Judgment since I didn't notice it was on sale.

If anyone else sees some unadvertised products, please be sure to tell us
The EB Games I went to wouldn't tell me anything, they said I had to find it on my own type thing

I also noticed DVD's are $3 and I picked up Spiderman 3 BluRay for $3

[quote name='Usuyami']That's odd. My EB was selling Odin Sphere for $19.99 and the 'twofer' was only for games valued at $14.99 and lower.

Speaking of Odin Sphere, if anyone finds a sealed copy and is willing to ship, please pick up a copy for me. My local EB only has a gutted copy left. :cry:[/quote]

I was out and about today and stopped by 4 EBs, I was looking for a sealed Odin Sphere too (I pre-ordered it and want a spare to keep now). I didn't see any sealed ones, and I must've seen 20+ shelf copies and asked about it at each store. I don't think they have sealed ones.

The only nice deal I spotted that hasn't been mentioned in this thread yet, is their t-shirts are marked down to $5.99 (at the Metrotown location). They were like $25-$35 before IIRC. Sweet deal IMO, I seriously wanted some of them at full price but cheaped out. Unfortunately I didn't find one of the Twilight Princess shirts they had a while ago :bouncy:

Metrotown didn't really seem to have all their prices and stuff up when I checked in during my break... Maybe they were busy. Nothing caught my eye.

I bought 4 ps3 games today that were marked down to 14.99.
lots of things at both stores were not priced until after 5pm and lots that may not even have the right prices on them yet.

Ps3
r6 vegas 1
stranglehold
juiced 2
the darkness

in total i picked up 10 games from eb today, then found a garage sale with a nintendo 64 and mario kart double dash for gamecube. \video game friday lol

as soon as i have more cash i will be going back and getting a bunch more like oden sphere and katamari if they are still in stock.

i figured out the 10 games from eb games work out to be about 7$ a game average. not too bad of a haul

northofamerica

[quote name='Digerati']Can anyone check if UT3 is on sale for $20 when you're there please? :)[/quote]
I think you got it wrong. It says 39.99$ in the flyers.

[quote name='helluvagood']Just bought house of the dead wii (new) for $20 yesterday (friday) pretty good deal[/quote]

Debating between this game and Ghost Squad. Any recommendations?

Both.

For less than the msrp of one new release PS360, you get three awesome lightgun shooters, especially if you have Perfect Shots (which eb sells for 15 bucks).

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']Debating between this game and Ghost Squad. Any recommendations?[/quote]

Ghost Squad is a pretty short game, while HOTD contains 2 games in one that are a bit lengthier. Ghost Squad only has 3 missions which level up opening new paths and ways to go about the missions, as well as unlockable costumes and weapons (and WIFI leaderboards).

Personally, I've put more time into Ghost Squad and have more fun with it. It's a good game to throw away 30 minutes while you're waiting for something. The game is also $20 in the bargain area of Zellers.

[That totally sounded like some PR]

[quote name='Rex']Ghost Squad is a pretty short game, while HOTD contains 2 games in one that are a bit lengthier. Ghost Squad only has 3 missions which level up opening new paths and ways to go about the missions, as well as unlockable costumes and weapons (and WIFI leaderboards).

Personally, I've put more time into Ghost Squad and have more fun with it. It's a good game to throw away 30 minutes while you're waiting for something. The game is also $20 in the bargain area of Zellers.

[That totally sounded like some PR][/quote]

Eh, its not too PR. I'd tend to agree though, both games are a good choice but Ghost Squad is really fun. Better yet, pick up a couple Nyko Perfect Shots or use the Zapper and the game is soooo much better. HOTD is really good too, and as Rex said it is a bit longer since its two games in one. You really can't go wrong with either, but my personal preference is Ghost Squad.

seriously you can't buy one or the other. you need BOTH. killing terrorists and zombies in the same day, life is good.

[quote name='Firestorm']Naruto: Rise of a Ninja is definitely worth $14.99. Anyone interested should pick it up.[/quote]

I second this. I picked this up for 2/$40 at Rogers and I thought it was worth every penny. I got all of the achievements that werent the forest of death ones...but I don't really understand what to do to get those, and I hear its hard...so I wont. The game is awesome though...some of the coolest fighting mechanics ever.

just bought for 70$ worth

- dragon quest monsters
- dai senryaku VII
- bully (wii, sealed)
- dungeon explorer PSP
- F-Zero GX
- xenosaga III
- .HACK GU vol 2

good deal!!!

Thanks for your replies. I already have Resident Evil UC, so I've got my zombie fix. Ghost Squad looks like more fun, so I'll be on the lookout for that.

I am loving my stuntman for $9. That is the same price as a PSN or XBL game. While it may not be considered a great BD title, when you compare to DLC as the price suggests, it is a nice value. Thanks be to this thread!
~S

[quote name='snowsquirrel']I am loving my stuntman for $9. That is the same price as a PSN or XBL game. While it may not be considered a great BD title, when you compare to DLC as the price suggests, it is a nice value. Thanks be to this thread!
~S[/quote]

What's a "BD title? (in my inventory counts BD is blu-ray, confused, and don't think it means that)

I picked up Stuntman for PS2, I can't believe I trade away this unbelievably unappreciated game. The 360/PS3 one was eh.

Incredible deal, looking forward to a new psp or ds. If anyone could clarify which games have an $8 tiv I would greatly appreciate it.

Here is a list of games that work for trade in at eb that I have compiled from CAG and RFD from the last 5 days. Quite a few of the games are actually in their 2 for $20 sale which means that if you use them, trade them back... the games are still there for the next CAGer.

PS2
Naruto: Ultimate Ninja (PS2) - $13
Thrillville (PS2) - $10
NHL 08 (PS2) - $8
raiden III (3) - 12
NFS: Pro Street (ps2)
NFS: Most Wanted (x360
ps2 - manhunt 2 (14.99$ used)
ps2 - thrillville (14.99$ used)
ps2 - final fantasy 10
ps2 - silent hill 3

Xbox 360
Naruto: Rise of the Ninja (X360) - $15
Forza 2 - 10$ tiv
crackdown - 8 tiv
GRAW - 8 tiv
Spiderman 3 - 9$ tiv
Moto GP 07 (360) (Rogers BOGO)
Syphon Filter Dark Mirror (PS2) (Rogers BOGO)
Tiger Woods 07 (360) (BBV 25% off $14.99)
PGR4
DIRT

PS3
Juiced
Rainbow Six Vegas
Stuntman ps3

Wii
Ratatouille
Red steel Wii
Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam (Wii) - $15 TIV
Trauma Centre - Second Opinion (Wii) - $8 TIV
Resident Evil 4 (Wii) - $10 TIV
The Bigs (Wii) - $13 TIV

PSP
monster hunter 14.99

Thanks, good list

Here are some more currently cheap games that also work with the trade-in promotion

World Tour Poker 2008 [PS3]
Rainbow Six Vegas [PSP]
Stuntman Ignition [PS3/360]

Scored Magical Starsign used for 5 bucks and new Super Robot Taisen 2 for 10. A nice little haul.

Also a surprising number of copies of Odin Sphere sealed; too bad I already got a copy at launch.

Does anyone know if the Guitar Hero 3 sale is applicable to the Wii version also? It only shows the PS3 version and says "also available on XB360" in fine print.

if there are any copies left of blacksite/timeshift/virtua fighter i will be pickin em up, the demo of blacksite was ok as for timeshift and virtua fighter seems like a must have arcade fighter

I picked up a sealed copy of Odin Sphere and Katamari, so I was happy with those. I also picked up Timeshift for $10, and I've been wanting that for a while actually. I thought about Stuntman as well....but I just wasn't the biggest fan of the demo (mostly due to me sucking at it).

I got Magical Starsign and Katamari Damacy for 10$ each. I also got Disgaea Afternoon of Darkness for 30$. Now I'm not sure if the later was a deal or not, but it did have the red price tag on it, and the other white sticker had "44.99" on it. I went to another EBgames and 29.99 was the white sticker price...but anyway, I've been wanting that game for a while now.
I also saw Killer 7 on GameCube used for 4.99$

i want to buy some cheap games, but am not sure about the prices for virtual fighter 5, blacksite, timeshift, are they all $10, new or used, and are there any more on sale?

[quote name='RCCP1977']damn stuntman ignition, tiv is only $2 , right now,[/quote]

Which console? I need to find another cheap game for the PSP deal. The clerk at my EB Games wouldn't let met trade NFS ProStreet on PS2 and PS3 at the same time.

EDIT : Also, if someone would like to sell me a sealed copy of Odin Sphere, please send me a PM.

funny how everyone is talking about these games on sale, like its being discussed in the thread... way to keep it to yourselves... am i missing something? rf d overspill conversation?

i found out from rfd and posted here as soon as i knew for everyone here to go check out if they were interested.

wasn't planning on keeping it to myself

Found a copy of Zack & Wiki for $14.99 used, but it was disc-only. :whistle2:(

Ghost Squad is $19.99 used.

Sonic Riders Wii is $29.99. Sega Superstars Tennis is $29.99 too: not sure which versions.

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']Found a copy of Zack & Wiki for $14.99 used, but it was disc-only. :whistle2:(

Ghost Squad is $19.99 used.
[/QUOTE]

don't fall for either. ghost squad is 20$ new at zellers and Z&W 20$ new everywhere.

[quote name='jacksak']Just picked up a used copy of timeshift (360) at my local EB for $4.99![/quote]

That's lucky! All of the used copies at Gamestop were labeled $29.99. :(

[quote name='RCCP1977']which games are $ 4.99?[/quote]

Any game that is on sale for 10 bucks, will be 5 bucks used, assuming they have used copies.

bread's done
Back