Eb Games/Gamestop to do Buy 2 get 1 used

Tebunker

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
According to another website, a poster with connections to a District Manager let him know that starting October 20th through October 29th all used games will be buy 2 get 1 free. Will obviously confirm this tomorrow, but this gives us something to check out on Friday.

[quote name='Number83']I just came back from an EBGames where "I" informed them that the sale was on. He had to call 3 different stores to confirm.[/quote]

Never thought of that... Was on lunch break so was rushed anyway. I'll have to stop in after work and have them call around. Just wish there was something about it on the website, or a flyer I could print out as proof.

[quote name='daminion']Never thought of that... Was on lunch break so was rushed anyway. I'll have to stop in after work and have them call around. Just wish there was something about it on the website, or a flyer I could print out as proof.[/quote]

Have him check the store's email. he should be able to print it out.

[quote name='daminion']Never thought of that... Was on lunch break so was rushed anyway. I'll have to stop in after work and have them call around. Just wish there was something about it on the website, or a flyer I could print out as proof.[/quote]Have them call the Mayfield store (where I usually go) - the manager at least is usually pretty on top of things, and I'll casually mention it when I go to pick up some preorders tonight, though I won't be participating.

[quote name='DX']Use Lego Star Wars 2 for 360 for example.

In the old layout, even though it wasnt instock at the website I could still do a store search for it. Now when you do a search it says "Not instock. May be available at your local store".

You can no longer search for ANY used games. This is terrible for me because I have like 23 gamestops within 50 miles of me. Most of them in upper income areas where the kids are brats and trade new releases in constantly.

Example:http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=200212[/QUOTE]

I see what your problem is. That's the entry for the NEW copy. When you do a store search there it only shows you new copies. You have to check the entry for the USED copy and check the store availability there.

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=950956

[quote name='nyprimus4']Is this deal stackable with the Edge Card and the GAMEINFORMER coupon for a combined 20% off the b2g1 used deal?[/quote]

Yes, it stacks with both!

[quote name='habloc']Yes, it stacks with both![/quote]
Wow I can actually get NBA 2k7, Saints Row, and Splinter Cell for $55 before tax.

[quote name='botticus']Have them call the Mayfield store (where I usually go) - the manager at least is usually pretty on top of things, and I'll casually mention it when I go to pick up some preorders tonight, though I won't be participating.[/quote]

Thanks. This was in and around Brooklyn (where I work) will check down in Akron (where I live) to see if they know more.

[quote name='habloc']Yes, it stacks with both![/QUOTE]

The coupon I have from Gameinformer specifically says "Cannot be combined with any other offer".

Doesn't that mean it doesn't stack? Of course it would be great if it would but it sounds like it in the least shouldn't stack.
Also, I remember doing it online with the 10% discount and that it would take 10% off FIRST then take the discount off for the free game. Will it be the same in store? I haven't done it in so long I can't remember.

[quote name='KrAzY3']The coupon I have from Gameinformer specifically says "Cannot be combined with any other offer".

Doesn't that mean it doesn't stack? Of course it would be great if it would but it sounds like it in the least shouldn't stack.
Also, I remember doing it online with the 10% discount and that it would take 10% off FIRST then take the discount off for the free game. Will it be the same in store? I haven't done it in so long I can't remember.[/quote]
Lets hope for the best. I will tell you sometime around 6-7 PM eastern time.

[quote name='tenzor']I CAN CONFIRM THAT THIS SALE IS HAPPENING TOMORROW

saw the memo myself, and it runs from tomorrow 10/20 thru 10/29

-Its Buy 2 Get 1 Free on all used DVDs, Accessories, and video games.

-You can buy a used system such as a xbox360, ps2, ds etc and use that as one of your items, but the system can't be free.
---> For example you buy:
1x XBOX360 Used System
1x Dead Rising Used Game
1x Saints Row Used Game

one of the games would be free instead of the system. The system is just used to help get the free item

-
I didnt get time to read this part, but I think I also saw that you can stack the Buy 2 Get 1 Free deal ontop of the DVD Sale currently going which is

3 DVDs for $10.00 if priced $5.99
3 DVDs for $20.00 if priced $9.99
3 DVDs for $30.00 if priced $12.99

and also use your 10% discount card.[/quote]

Thanks for the info! I sure hope the GB Player I wanted is still there :bouncy:

So I did run over to the 30 Rock store again just now and its amazing the difference a few hours makes.

I was there 10am this morning, I was one of two people in the store and I had my pick of games I wanted. I left plenty behind believe me.

Now I went over there at 4pm and the store was ransacked. There were like 12 people in there and all of the good games that I left behind were gone. They still had the copy of Yakuza but thats it. No more FFIV Advance complete in the box. Most of the good DS games were gone, etc. People have been hitting up this sale plenty. Hopefull my home stores still got some stuff left. I reeeally want a used Guitar Hero with Guiter.

Just came back from hitting 2 gamestop in NYC.

86th & Lex : Picked up Xenosaga 3, Shadow Hearts 3 and Growlanser
14th Union Sq : Disgaea 1 and 2, MS New Dawn

Pretty lucky to find Disgaea 1 and 2 there.

[quote name='nyprimus4']Wow I can actually get NBA 2k7, Saints Row, and Splinter Cell for $55 before tax.[/QUOTE]

Waaaait a minute.. how is that possible?

Wouldn't it be 20% off the total (which would be around $110, making it $88?

[quote name='Skylander7']Waaaait a minute.. how is that possible?

Wouldn't it be 20% off the total (which would be around $110, making it $88?[/quote] NBA 2k6, NBA Live 06, Madden 06, Ridge Racer 6, and College Hoops 2k6. You only pay for 4 games because of the b2g1 deal. Then stack that with the 20% off and it comes out to 55. My FYE has Saints, NBA, and SC DA in stock for 360.

If you read my previous posts I am using Gamestop to get the 6 games. And they are running a trade 2 360 games get 1 new one deal. So those 6 for 3 new games.

Easy as cake.

[quote name='nyprimus4']NBA 2k6, NBA Live 06, Madden 06, Ridge Racer 6, and College Hoops 2k6. You only pay for 4 games because of the b2g1 deal. Then stack that with the 20% off and it comes out to 55. My FYE has Saints, NBA, and SC DA in stock for 360.

If you read my previous posts I am using Gamestop to get the 6 games. And they are running a trade 2 360 games get 1 new one deal. So those 6 for 3 new games.

Easy as cake.[/QUOTE]That is genious, do the FYE deals work at Samgoody too?

[quote name='nyprimus4']NBA 2k6, NBA Live 06, Madden 06, Ridge Racer 6, and College Hoops 2k6. You only pay for 4 games because of the b2g1 deal. Then stack that with the 20% off and it comes out to 55. My FYE has Saints, NBA, and SC DA in stock for 360.

Easy as cake.[/quote]

This is very YMMV. I went up to my local FYE today and there are restrictions. The only one of these games which they would take was NBA2k6. The games have to equal $10 trade in and if so.......if you buy a game more than $44.99, you pay the difference on it. (Ex; You buy Saint's Row for $59.99, you owe the difference between 59.99 and 44.99 including the tax)

Probably better to get in on this deal earlier while the cleaner copies of games newly traded in from the 3 + $10 are still around.

Wish I had tried to stack the GI coupon though, but I didn't want to look like a schmuck with the restriction language clearly stated. My potential loss.

For those that are having trouble looking up games on the site to check if they're available locally, there's a trick to it.

For example, I'm interested in Cubivore, but looking it up yields no results. So here's what you do:

1. Look up a game you know is available on the website. Something generic will work. For example, I used the term 'mario'

2. Scroll all the way down to the bottom and you'll see a link "Show backordered used products that may be available in stores." Click the link.

3. Search for the game you were originally interested in. Now Cubivore will show up!

Hope this helps

[quote name='rendil']For those that are having trouble looking up games on the site to check if they're available locally, there's a trick to it.

For example, I'm interested in Cubivore, but looking it up yields no results. So here's what you do:

1. Look up a game you know is available on the website. Something generic will work. For example, I used the term 'mario'

2. Scroll all the way down to the bottom and you'll see a link "Show backordered used products that may be available in stores." Click the link.

3. Search for the game you were originally interested in. Now Cubivore will show up!

Hope this helps[/quote]

It helps immensely. Thank you.

[quote name='sp00ge']Not entirely true. It is going to be very YMMV on the return/exchange this year, with the new return rules implemented.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the tip. I wasn't aware of that.

btw, this is for anyone who hasn't kept up with the thread - the trade-ins are VERY YMMV. My FYE in fact has NO restrictions on trade-ins. I did 6 trade-in deals for 3 Xbox 360 games and 3 Playstation 2 games. I used the cheapest 360 games I could find at EB/GS (NBA Live, RR6, etc.) and a crapload of junk games like Madden 2003, NBA Live 2002, etc. to score the games. All told I spent around $85 to get the following games:

Xbox 360
Madden 2007
Battlefield 2 Modern Combat
Ghost Recon: AW

PS2
FFVII: DOC x2
Madden 2007

Furthermore, I was told by the clerk twice that I am allowed to return/exchange any of these games within 30 days provided they are unopened - meaning I can exchange them for the newest releases within the next 30 days (Hello Gears of War!).

I'm not going to list every PS2 game (I bought 11 and used one of my own -Shinobi) I bought to trade in but I basically picked up any $2-4 game I could find with few to no scratches (they are quite strict about this as reported by others). The 360 games I bought for trade-in fodder include RR6 x 2, NBA 2K6, College Hoops 2K6, NHL 2K6, and Madden 2006. Total cost = $59.90 for the 360 games and $27.98 for the PS2 games = a grand total of $87.88.

$87.88 for games that retail for $330 at FYE. I should add that they did charge tax on 4 of the games (they forgot to do it for the first 2 games) so I spent an additional $15 for tax.

Sorry for being so longwinded but I hope this post will help those who are not yet in the know. Good luck and happy trading!

oops i thought i was posting in the FYE thread. sorry everyone. i'll leave the post up in case anyone wants to read it or if people are annoyed by it then i'll delete it. i'm going to repost it in the FYE thread. sorry again.

[quote name='Tebunker']That is genious, do the FYE deals work at Samgoody too?[/QUOTE]

Dont jump in head first.
#1 its ymmv on the deal at FYE at all
#2 some stores will make you pay the difference after 44.99(meaning 15 more each game)
#3 this is if they take the game...my FYE(and many others) seem to be very anal about the condition of the disc. So you gotta be careful about that.

[quote name='aniousjoe']for those that don't know, store credit is tax free at either store. only up to the amount you pay in store credit[/QUOTE]

not in my state. you still have to pay the taxes even on purchases you make with trade in credit.

[quote name='dracula']not in my state. you still have to pay the taxes even on purchases you make with trade in credit.[/quote]

hmmph... well, that sucks. sorry, i thought that was universal, but yeah, different states, different tax laws

[quote name='aniousjoe']for those that don't know, store credit is tax free at either store. only up to the amount you pay in store credit[/QUOTE]

In Texas, FYE charges tax even with trade in credit. EB/GS does not.

[quote name='pinoy530']In Texas, FYE charges tax even with trade in credit. EB/GS does not.[/quote]

yep. in huntsville:roll:... maybe i shoulda said that

[quote name='rendil']For those that are having trouble looking up games on the site to check if they're available locally, there's a trick to it.

Hope this helps[/QUOTE]

THAT'S AWESOME!!!! THANK you!

This thread has blown up since I last checked it, so forgive me if my questions have already been asked. Is this deal nation wide or just store to store? Also, are the prices for used games on ebgames.com standard for EB stores or does it depend on the store to set their own used game prices?

EDIT: Is the shipping for online free?

Got what I was looking for -- seasons 5, 6, & 7 of Star Trek Next Gen. for $24 each after the discount! (well, that along with quite a bit of other stuff... House S1 & S2, Lost S2, along with a bunch of 3 for $20 dvds that wound up $4 each after discount & a few 3 for $10 dvds for $2 each)

I went to 2 different stores in Montgomery and the sale was running. At the first I didnt find anything I wanted except Shadow of Destiny ($5.99) so I got that. At the next store I got Guilty Gear X (PS2) (12.99), Sly Cooper (9.99), and Breath of Fire Dragon Quarter (FREE). I may hit up some more stores tomorrow.

Finally got to use some of the store credit I built up during the trade 3 get +10 trade in.

Walked out with Phoenix Wright(free), Mario64 DS, Animal Crossing DS, Smallville Seasons 2+3 and CSI Season 2(free).

I got College Hoops 2k6, NBA 2k6, NBA Live 06, Kameo, Madden 06, and NHL 2k6 for $74. Going to FYE tomorrow to trade them in for Splinter Cell, Saints Row, and NBA 2k7. HAHAHAHA! I tried to trade them in to the mall's FYE but apparently they dont accept games/movies that have been purchased used and all my games had all the Gamestop used sticker crap all over of them. I got them off pretty easy though and it is turning out for the best b/c now I can get all the achievements from these games which is fun.

The killer though was that they weren't going to make me pay the 15 extra for each game and she had Splinter Cell, Saints, and NBA 2k7 in her hand. Then the fat co worker comes over and says that they dont accept preowned purchased games. Ahh.

just to clarify some stuff I read on this thread....

The deal was dropped last minute to my manager last night. Since I am 3rd key and would be opening she let me know...

As far as the DVD deals, according to the email....

Ring up and discount first DVDs like normal, make 3rd one free instead.... so......

3 for $10 is now $6.66ish (all DVDs marked $5.99)
3 for $20 is now $13.32ish (all DVDs marked $9.99)
3 for $30 is now $19.98ish (all DVDs marked $12.99)

As far as Employee Discount, the Email states it WILL NOT!!! stack, only the Edge/More card. The coupon also shouldnt stack, as previously mentioned coupon states it wont. Of course employees bend and break rules intentionally and unitentionally all the time so its worth a shot.... I wont fall for it though!!!

Sucks about employee discount, but still plan on scoring some DVDs and games I've been eyeballing. Still cheaper this way....

Actually, to earlier posters, if it hasn't been answered yet, Final Fantasy CC is $11.99, just dropped recently I'm guessing. Very tempting but I think before I buy with my $18 credit, I should run over to GameCrazy and try it out. THe music is very immersive and if it's anything remotely like Secret of Mana/Champions of Norrath/Gauntlet, I'm all over it to get a 3rd game free.

[quote name='nintendokid']Actually, to earlier posters, if it hasn't been answered yet, Final Fantasy CC is $11.99, just dropped recently I'm guessing. Very tempting but I think before I buy with my $18 credit, I should run over to GameCrazy and try it out. THe music is very immersive and if it's anything remotely like Secret of Mana/Champions of Norrath/Gauntlet, I'm all over it to get a 3rd game free.[/quote]

Only buy FF:CC if you plan to do multiplayer. FF:CC is by far the most boring game for singleplayer. This coming from a Secret of Mana-aholic. It's just so effing boring...and your ONLY companion the whole game in singleplayer is a stupid Mog who carries a cup. It's super lame, and I hated the game. HOWEVER...that being said; if you can get 3 other people with GameBoy Advances and 4 link cables, the game will probably be a TON of fun, right along with playing original Secret of Mana with 3 people. It's a blast, just the equipment cost for such a game is stupid.

That's my advice. Now, whats your advice on Champions of Norrath? Worth it, or is it what I think it is...hack your way through swarms of enemies for horus, getting lewt, and moving on?

[quote name='kroadmeister']I went and there was no such sale, I even had them ring the stuff up. This is milwaukee btw.[/quote]

Ringing games up won't show the sale because their POS's don't do auto-promotions anymore...

It's really ironic, because during the merger they switched over to EB's POS system, but then got rid of some of its best benefits like auto-promotions and label printing...

In other words, yes, Gamestop is stupid.

Which Milwaukee store? I know a lot of the managers around here, and I'll kick some asses for you.

Hope this helps[/quote]
I stated before that it helped immensely, but, at the time, I didn't know how much. I used that method to find a local EB with a few 360 games I wanted, including Splinter Cell: Double Agent, and I had to be in that part of town tonight anyway to go to Costco. So, after Costco, I figured there was no chance that SC would still be there. Went in, and couldn't find it. I asked about it, and it was still listed in their system, so they looked around for it, but couldn't find it. I continued looking around for other things, but my GF kept on them about it. After calling the guy who took in the trade a few times, and doing a count of the new copies, they determined that the used one that was traded in was still sealed. Score! I also picked up Dead Rising with it (I know it is on sale at BB, but I was buying with credit), and decided to pick up a Gamecube for $60 to later re-trade for $50 (The best way to do it is 2 GC and 1 360 game, trade the GCs back in and you end up with a 360 game for $20, but I didn't want to push my luck). So one of the employees headed to the back and asked what color I wanted. I was thinking about it, and the other guy, who I think is the manager, asked if I had an HDTV. I told him I did (thinking that he was just trying to determine whether or not to make sure I got one with digital out), and he told the other one to grab the one off the refrigerator in back that he (the manager) had been saving for himself but decided not to get -- Digital out, wavebird, and... component cable!!! I also picked up 2 seasons of Oz, From the Earth to the Moon, a Gameboy player, CoD2 (360), and Mario & Luigi Partners in Time. I did a few pre-orders to help his numbers, and we were in such a good mood that we decided to trade in my GF's white DS Lite and get her a pink one. The DS Lite gets $70, plus the $20 bonus, so it only cost us $40 in credit -- a bit crazy, I know, but she's worth it.

Is this Game Informer #163 with Dark Sector on the cover? I can't find this coupon... Can anyone tell me what page it's on? The only "deal" I can find from EB/GS is an "invitation" to go at midnight for the Zelda release.

Question...on these used games, are we able to return them with the receipt within seven days for our money back?

bread's done
Back