EB Games President Day Sales 2/15/04-2/16/04

tenzor

CAGiversary!
EB President's Day FSI Sales

UPDATED 2/13/04
-the n64, dreamcast deal requires you now to purchase any pre-played game of the respected system before getting it for 9.99. Cheapest games to look for would be
DC: Nfl2k, Nfl2k1, Nba2k (1.49-1.99)
N64: Madden64, Nfl QB Club 99 (1.49-1.99)

-myst exile III,genma onimusha and resident evil zero have new prices that aren't in the flyer, but will be in effect on the sale date.

-Myst Exile III PC - $4.99
-Genma Onimusha XB - $6.99

Your Choice $9.99:
-Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance GC version only
-Space Channel 5 PS2

Your Choice $14.99:
-Die Hard: Vendetta GC
-Bond Nightfire XB
-Clock Tower 3 PS2
-Return to Castle Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory Plat. Edition PC
-Resident Evil Zero GC

Your Choice $19.99
-Battlefield 1942 PC
-Hunter: The Reckoning Redeemer XB
-American Idol PS2

-Get a pre-played GBA SP system for only $29.99 with the trade in of your working GBA system and 2 GBA games.

Your Choice $5.00 off Instantly:
-Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles GBA
-Looney Tunes Back in Action GBA
-Tiger Woods PGA Tour GBA
-Konami Collector's Series Arcade Advanced GBA
-Frogger's Adventures GBA

-Buy 1 Interact 2x Flash Memory Card for Gamecube and get 1 for 50% off

-Get a pre-played Nintendo 64 or pre played Dreamcast system for only $9.99 when you purchase any pre-played n64 or dreamcast game

-Pre order The Suffering and get Midway Arcade Treasures Free*
*$5 Dollar deposit required, free game is to be picked up when game arrives, customer is responsible for sales tax, cannont be combined with any other offer or discount.

-Star Trek Shattered Universe XB, PS2 - $34.99 (reg. $39.99)
-Amped 2 $44.99 (reg. $49.99) XB
-Counterstrike $44.99 (reg. $49.99) XB
-NBA Inside Drive 2004 $44.99 (reg. 49.99) XB
-Legacy of Kain Defiance XB $44.99 (reg. 49.99)
-Deus Ex IW $44.99 (reg. 49.99) XB
-Arx Fatalis XB $29.99 (reg. 39.99) XB
-Magic Battlegrounds XB - $24.99 (reg. 29.99)
-Broken Sword XB - $29.99
-Rogue Ops XB - $19.99
-Fire Emblem GBA - $24.99
-Everquest Eveolution PC - $24.99
-Medieval Total War Collection PC - $24.99
-Thief II PC - $9.99

-Get any playstation 2 greatest hits for $9.99 when you trade in 1 non-sport xbox, playstation 2 or gamecube game.
(Doesn't say any games are excluded, so any game i.e. haven would work. If not just point out to the sales associate that it doesn't say anything about exclusions in the fine print on flyer)

[quote name='Togepy']Damn, I just realized that the GBA SP is pre-owned. Guess I won't be doing that deal.[/quote]

My friend bought his preowned, and its as reliable as the one I bought new. Plus, I dont think I can recomend the SP over the adavnce enough. I had forsaken my advance, and since I got my sp its been played near twice as much as my home consoles.

[quote name='Sn0brawler'][quote name='Togepy']Damn, I just realized that the GBA SP is pre-owned. Guess I won't be doing that deal.[/quote]

My friend bought his preowned, and its as reliable as the one I bought new. Plus, I dont think I can recomend the SP over the adavnce enough. I had forsaken my advance, and since I got my sp its been played near twice as much as my home consoles.[/quote]

Yeah, I'm hoping to get in on that deal, but the guy at my EB said he doubts there'll be many (if any) at my local store to go around... but here's hoping

[quote name='Masterkyo']zzl365

Hmmmmmm...

I trade in 4 games for Free FF: CC (GC), 4 games for Free Ninja Gaiden & Scroll, 4 games for Free Tenchu: Return of Darkness, 4 games for Free Pokemon: Colosseum & Bonus Disc.

Checkout the FLYER again ( 1 fold with 4 pages) or Feb. Ebgames Catalog ;)[/quote]

http://www.personal.psu.edu/zzl102/presday
edited: Updated link

[quote name='"zzl365"'][quote name='"Masterkyo"']zzl365

Yeah, I have the flyer in my car right now, it has all of the info about the other sales (9.99 games, 14.99 games, 29.99 used GBA SP with trade-in, etc), but right on the front page it has get 40$ off select games with trade in of 4 games. I'll see if I can host a scan at some point tomorrow, if I can I'll definitely post a link here.[/quote

This FLYer for President DAY sale (I don't see any on this FLYer). If you have chance pickup another 2 FLYers . 1 have only 4 pages and Feburary Ebgames Catalog for MORE TRADE-IN DEAL :p

[quote name='"Masterkyo"'][quote name='"zzl365"'][quote name='Masterkyo']zzl365

Yeah, I have the flyer in my car right now, it has all of the info about the other sales (9.99 games, 14.99 games, 29.99 used GBA SP with trade-in, etc), but right on the front page it has get 40$ off select games with trade in of 4 games. I'll see if I can host a scan at some point tomorrow, if I can I'll definitely post a link here.[/quote

This FLYer for President DAY sale (I don't see any on this FLYer). If you have chance pickup another 2 FLYers . 1 have only 4 pages and Feburary Ebgames Catalog for MORE TRADE-IN DEAL :p[/quote]

Here is a scan of the only flyer my EB had (sorry some of the images are so huge, but I don't have a scanner at home and was in a hurry to get to class while using the school scanner.
http://www.personal.psu.edu/zzl102/presday

Think there's any chance that the cross platform games shown at $X are that price for all platforms and they just have the box art for one of the systems? I'd pick up Baldur's Gate for the Xbox at $10.

Probably not though, huh...

[quote name='wubb']Think there's any chance that the cross platform games shown at $X are that price for all platforms and they just have the box art for one of the systems? I'd pick up Baldur's Gate for the Xbox at $10.

Probably not though, huh...[/quote]

Yeah, I kinda doubt it, your best bet would be to try to pricematch at Circuit City or Best Buy and hope that they dont care what platform its on.

After seeing those scans I noticed that you have to buy a Pre-played Dreamcast or N64 game to get the Dreamcast or N64 system for $10.

[quote name='Togepy']After seeing those scans I noticed that you have to buy a Pre-played Dreamcast for N64 game to get the Dreamcast or N64 system for $10.[/quote]

Dammit!

Man, I've been to like 5 EB's the past month and haven't saw any. :( Wanted to pick one up for $15 for the longest of time but couldn't find one. An interesting note though, the website has PO'd DCs back after being gone for a few months.

[quote name='Shadows916']if ya go to the south sautoket (spelling?) gamestop on long island before the smith haven mall on 25-a, they had a massive bin easily over 30 DC's in the bin, then a loaded shelf with 30% off an you can use the gamestop 10% off card with it[/quote]
It's South Setauket (cuz I can never find good clearance stuff at the Target on Pond Path and 347). :) And isn't the Gamestop on Rt. 347 in E. Setauket (--- plus there's 3 in or close to Smithhaven Mall, and one on Middle Country Rd. in Centereach)?

The EB Games I went to had a few DC's (Shirley, NY) and the Gamestop I frequent (Shirley again) had quite a few. I was also looking in Smithhaven Mall a few days ago but they seemed to be short. I just may pick up a N64 at EB Mon. though.

I'd highly recommend Genma Onimusha (Xbox) at $7. You can get it for $6 used on the website using AFF25, but I think it's worth an extra buck to get a new copy.

I picked it up because it had fairly good reviews and was so cheap used on ebgames.com and really enjoyed it.

Get a pre-played Nintendo 64 or pre played Dreamcast system for only $9.99 when you purchase any pre-played n64 or dreamcast game

Dreamcast for 10 dollars? count me in! :D

[quote name='tenzor']EB President's Day FSI Sales

-Get any playstation 2 greatest hits for $9.99 when you trade in 1 non-sport xbox, playstation 2 or gamecube game.
(Doesn't say any games are excluded, so any game i.e. haven would work. If not just point out to the sales associate that it doesn't say anything about exclusions in the fine print on flyer)[/quote]

do u mean 2 gh games for 9.99 each or 2 for 9.99?

[quote name='yeldarb367']I need another DC controller so I guess I'll go ahead and buy the system. They sell used controllers for 7.99. The system, after my GMR discount, will be 8.99. So, I'm kinda getting the actual system for a buck![/quote]

Gamestop has used controllers for $4.99. I just picked one up that also had the VMU in it! :D

[quote name='starman9000']I just checked the website and the 9.99 deals for Space Channel 5 and Baldurs Gate have been added.
SC5
Cheap ass link

BG
Cheap ass link
[/quote]

Nice, this is the one deal I was hoping for (Baldur's gate) and don't have an eb anywhere near me. Thanks for the info

I was reading that Baldur's Gate for GC has a really bad framerate. I've never played the original on ps2 so would i even notice it? It sounds like a good deal but i wanna figure out if i should just wait for the ps2 one.

It sucks, the two local EB games stores in Austin, TX seem not be participating. I was looking only for Space Channel 5, and in both stores they only had it for 14.99, and it had a nice bright sticker like that's their awesome sale.

I guess it's online for me.

I got one of the hand outs from EB this morning. Headed up to Best Buy and got them to price match Hunter Redeemer (Xbox) plus used a GGC coupon so I got it for $15. Plus there is that $10 rebate so my final cost will be $5. Not bad. Of course all I have at this point is the pdf for the rebate to print out. Has anybody sent one in using a print out of that pdf and been accetped/rejected? Or does anyone know a store around me that has them? (Fairfax, VA)

I asked the eb guy if only the GC version of BG is on sale and he said that it is GC only, (we all kind of knew that anyway.) I was going to see if Best Buy would price match that too with the Xbox version but they didn't have any in stock. I think the girl I had at the Customer Service desk probably would have done it. Oh well.

AAARRRGGGHHHH niether EB has a DC and the next 2 nearest are 37 miles each{one is even in another state}The first eb I went to the guy was on the phone so I went to check out games first.They had unreal but no DC.This sux cuz it's gonna cost another 3-5 $ for the trip{which is being debated heavly right now}.On top of that the damn maneger guy say"Try calling tommorrow on the off chance someone brings one in" that SoB just wants me to get my hopes up.

As of Sunday morning, the Electronics Boutique at the Silver Lake Mall in Couer d'Alene, Idaho appeared to be out of both N64s and DreamCasts. :whistle2:(

I picked up Genma Onimusha for XBox for $7 this morning. The guy was looking at me like I was crazy when I asked him to verify the sale. But then he rang it up and it came out to $6.99.

I guess he got me last though cuz when I looked more closely at the box I saw the case already was opened and the Xbox sticker on the side was sliced and just taped shut. What the hell?! I thought EB got sued for that already and lost... oh well the actual disc had no scratches or anything. But that stuff just pisses me off... Hope nobody gets their President's Day ruined by a 'new' copy.

I got Baldurs Gate just now and it was also a display copy. I made them open it there to make sure the disc was in good condition, it was. The only bad thing is the remains of a sticker on the front, but it's ok. Good game for $10.

[quote name='PapiChullo'][quote name='JibbaJabba']Brick & Mortar[/quote]

So, is brick & mortar the ones that aren't in malls?[/quote]

a "brick & mortar" store is any physical store, no matter where it's located, in its own building, malls, wherever.

if it's NOT brick & mortar, it's online, and therefore not a "real", or physical, store.

EB Games sucks.

My friends and I went to asked, they had a Dreamcast and Soul Calibur, I think it was just the CD. It cost $13+. So the total was $26.00+. My friend said forget it. I wanted the N64. They had one, but no games. What the hell is up with that? They had not even one N64 game for me to buy to get it. Sorry ass EB Games. My friend did get a PS2 Network Adapter for $32.00+ used though, but it wasn't a special deal for today or anything.

On our way out, we did however see a new gaming store. It was a big room with limited selection, but they did have a used copy ICO that was complete for $9.95. I only had like $5.00 on me, so one of my friends hooked me up with the rest of the money and I got it. :D

They also had a lot of old school video games. I might go later on this week and pick up some other stuff.

[quote name='Togepy']I got Baldurs Gate just now and it was also a display copy. I made them open it there to make sure the disc was in good condition, it was. The only bad thing is the remains of a sticker on the front, but it's ok. Good game for $10.[/quote]

Got the last Baldurs Gate at my location in brand spankin new condition. Only about an hour into it and I can probably say its well worth the $10 price tag.

I should have went and gotten a second SP with the trade in but I hate the EB games down here so much. I guess I will do it next time the sale is on though

bread's done
Back