EB Games: Select titles $29.99 on 5/17...

For those who might not have an EB close or would rather shop elsewhere, most of these prices can be had at Toys R Us this week using the stackable 20% and $10 coupons.

Just got my copy of Half Life 2 Collectors from EB across the street. Had to ask if they had any in the back, luckily they did. Cashier was pretty surprised when he saw the price. Thanks OP, sale must have started early.

I do not have a EB anywhere near here, would anyone mind picking one up and shipping to South Dakota, would be greatly appreciated. Will pay cost + shipping and maybe a bit extra.

I had a fun time picking up HL2:CE today. Called my EB that was 10 mins away. It was $30 and in stock. Unfortunately the hung up before I could tell him to put one on hold for me. Me being stupid didn't call back and just proceeded to drive down there. Turns out about 5 mins before I walked in two guys saw the last two copies of HL2:CE and bought them. So I ask the guy where the next location is..... it's 50 miles away.
So, yes. I drove 100 miles just to get HL2:CE for $30. I feel like a true loser now.

just picked up my Paper Mario online... am relieved since I thought I was going to have to wait out my mailed gift voucher.. and then hope one of my local EB;s still had the game in stock

Now I can apply the mailed voucher towards Warioware twisted

[quote name='doomlv20']I had a fun time picking up HL2:CE today. Called my EB that was 10 mins away. It was $30 and in stock. Unfortunately the hung up before I could tell him to put one on hold for me. Me being stupid didn't call back and just proceeded to drive down there. Turns out about 5 mins before I walked in two guys saw the last two copies of HL2:CE and bought them. So I ask the guy where the next location is..... it's 50 miles away.
So, yes. I drove 100 miles just to get HL2:CE for $30. I feel like a true loser now.[/QUOTE]

And to think, you could have ordered it online for the same price. ;)

[quote name='mtxbass1']And to think, you could have ordered it online for the same price. ;)[/QUOTE]

think about the amount of gas spent to make a 100 mile trip to get a game... hope you arent driving one of those gas guzzlers

I wasn't going to get anything but I might as well pick up a second copy of HL2. $25 after the pricegrabber rebate is pretty good. Plus I get a cheap t-shirt and a new license for my new pc.

Oh man...I have all my money tied up in flipping games, now that I've sold my store, so I was upset. I have $30. Then I had a stroke of genius. My local Best Buy has some, and I'm going to PM EB using BB to get it for 24.99. I love it! Everything is well and good in the world.

I just picked this up, was last copy which was on display. But I only see ONE dvd disc, which is half life 2, am I screwed? I don't see the CS: Source and Half Life Source CDs.

[quote name='gokou36']I just picked this up, was last copy which was on display. But I only see ONE dvd disc, which is half life 2, am I screwed? I don't see the CS: Source and Half Life Source CDs.[/QUOTE]

It should be all on there.

I went in to pick up mine. I clled ahead and had one reserved.

Somebody came in and used my name to buy it!

The way the clerk explaine dit, the guy came in and said that he had come in to pick up the HL2 COllectors edition.

The clerk then gave the names of the two guys that had them on hold. specifically she said,

"Are you Ben or (me)?"

The guy said my name and got my copy of HL2.

I dunno if it's an accident or what. But she gave me the HL2 she was holding for Ben and said she hoped that the guy she gave it too was really Ben but there was a miscommunication. Otherwise some Ben in northern DE is about to be pissed.

I believe this sale is online as well. I would buy the PC games, but I'm afraid my compaq presario is inferior....

They should be one disc.
I have the Non CE installed. That had everything except HLS.

I assume HLS is on the disc. Otherwise it should be downloadable at least. But everything should be on the one disc.

Ok thanks. I think that Ben guy got screwed over. EBgames clerk should've asked who the person was instead of giving them the names to choose from.

The EBgames right down the road was sold out of HL2, but they called over to another location and had one held for me. You should have seen the sales guy's jaw hit the floor when he rung it up. He had no clue it was on sale. Thanks again for the heads up!

I also got a couple cool used games while I was there, including a mint pre-played copy of Arc The Lad Collection for PSX for $35.99 after Edge Card discount. Today was a good day. :bouncy:

schnuth

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']It should be all on there.

I went in to pick up mine. I clled ahead and had one reserved.

Somebody came in and used my name to buy it!

The way the clerk explaine dit, the guy came in and said that he had come in to pick up the HL2 COllectors edition.

The clerk then gave the names of the two guys that had them on hold. specifically she said,

"Are you Ben or (me)?"

The guy said my name and got my copy of HL2.

I dunno if it's an accident or what. But she gave me the HL2 she was holding for Ben and said she hoped that the guy she gave it too was really Ben but there was a miscommunication. Otherwise some Ben in northern DE is about to be pissed.[/QUOTE]

Yo AA, that's me! I'm Ben, I think the clerked is mistaken. I came in this morning to pick up my reserved copy, she said are you Ben or (you) and I said Ben (maybe she thought I said I was you). Anyone, I got mine and you got yours so it's all good. :)

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']$25 after the pricegrabber rebate is pretty good. .[/QUOTE]

Rebate? Do you have a link to this? I can't seem to find it on the pricegrabber site.

schnuth

I the HL2 CE ordered online at EBgames.com. Yesterday, I walked to 2 different EBs, and was expecting to pick up my copy of it, but the cashier said that I needed a parent or guardian to purchase it because I was under 17. Sucks was that the same cashier 2 months earlier let me purchase Unreal Tournament 2004 Editor's Edition and Painkiller. Well works for me either way, because I got to use my $20 coupon along with free SAVER shipping and the discount codes to buy it along with a pre-played copy of Phantom Crash (XB), mainly to own it and for the free shipping.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']I think I passed you on the way out then. Hey, what happened to your BG Avatar?[/QUOTE]

I have no idea, I don't even remember what it was. I kinda stopped visiting the forums ever since World of Warcraft came out, no point shopping for games (even cheap ones) if I know I'll never play them. Although I have since rediscovered the CAG forums and I'm on the lookout for deals on hot PC games since I just rebuilt my computer :)

Picked up HL2:CE...On the way out of the store I remembered that the game comes on a DVD-ROM and my PC doesn't have a DVD drive...Time to go pick one up.

[quote name='Ugamer_X']Picked up HL2:CE...On the way out of the store I remembered that the game comes on a DVD-ROM and my PC doesn't have a DVD drive...Time to go pick one up.[/QUOTE]

I'm not totally sure, but I think you can just enter the CD-key into Steam and it will let you download the games without needing the disc. Worth a shot anyway.

Does anyone have a screen capture of the eb website with Half life 2 CE at $30(or a receipt)? I want to try some pm action at circuit city(already brought it at $70 with hopes of saving a few extra bucks)...

In case no one told you yet, the game is "PIKMIN 2".

lots of ppl mistaken that for "PIKMAN". (same goes for "POKEMAN")

=_=

guyz i need a quick response...i just bought the ce at eb but it only came with one cd or w/e thats like 344 mb with previews...the guy told me that it was the dvd....how many dvd's/cd's come with this...i have to take this crap back

but doesnt it come with hl source and cs source? is that one just one dvd as well? and where are the keys etc...

i got some stupid halflife 2 preview cd instead of the game

[quote name='guyver2077']but doesnt it come with hl source and cs source? is that one just one dvd as well? and where are the keys etc...

i got some stupid halflife 2 preview cd instead of the game[/QUOTE]

My HL2 came on 5 CDs which fits fine on one 4.7 GB DVD. That's with Counter Strike Source.

bread's done
Back