EB Games: Select titles $29.99 on 5/17...

Thanks op, picked up HL2 and the shirt isnt as big as I thought it would be... but its pretty ugly too.

Is it me or does DL'ing it and CS:source take forever off steam?

[quote name='guyver2077']but doesnt it come with hl source and cs source? is that one just one dvd as well? and where are the keys etc...

i got some stupid halflife 2 preview cd instead of the game[/QUOTE]

Yes, Half-Life 2, Half-Life Source, and Counter-Strike Source are all on one DVD in the Collector's Edition. And the cd-key is on the jewel case.

EB Shipping for me is different almost everytime now..

I used to always get USPS as my carrier, then one day, an order of mine switched to Fedex (I had to pick up one of my packages at the post office). For the past few weeks, it has switched from USPS to a few times Fedex. Now, I got UPS as my carrier. Weird, but it may be to save money perhaps? I just thought USPS was cheaper.

[quote name='help1']Thanks op, picked up HL2 and the shirt isnt as big as I thought it would be... but its pretty ugly too.

Is it me or does DL'ing it and CS:source take forever off steam?[/QUOTE]

It's nearly 5 GBs! What do you expect?

Awesome deal. I picked up Paper Mario in store, the employees had no idea about the price drop, which is sad, since there were at least a dozen copies of the game there, half sealed.

Stopped by my local EB and picked up the HL2 CE. There were 3 coppies on the shelves. They had all allready been marked down to $30 with a new sticker on top of the old one.

I was suprised to only see 1 disc in that big ass box.

I really hope it comes back in stock because i really want this and none of my local stores have any. I even have $20 off code to make it $10.

[quote name='Sockey']I really hope it comes back in stock because i really want this and none of my local stores have any. I even have $20 off code to make it $10.[/QUOTE]
I too really want this one, I don't have EB for like 300 miles from me or more.

I tried to PM at best buy, but the manager's giving me shit, saying that it's not the collectors edition there, and he calls and they say yes it is, and they also told them that it was NOT a used copy. But the guy says he has to see it in person and check the UPC. fucktard, I called the corporate complaint number and they told me the same fucking thing. Never shopping at best buy again, unless I'm price matching to fuck them over. They said their cost to get HL2CE was 60. I'm gonna buy all they have at 24.99 when they confirm this, just to piss that fuckface off.

Whoa! My HL2 CE just arrived today, and I only ordered it yesterday! I used the free "SAVER" shipping too since I threw in a used copy of Sub Rebellion (PS2).

Of course, Sub Rebellion wasn't in the box, just HL2, but who cares? I was hoping HL2 would get here by this weekend. But now I'll be firing it up tonight. Can't beat that!

-DM

[quote name='D. Monic']Whoa! My HL2 CE just arrived today, and I only ordered it yesterday! I used the free "SAVER" shipping too since I threw in a used copy of Sub Rebellion (PS2).

Of course, Sub Rebellion wasn't in the box, just HL2, but who cares? I was hoping HL2 would get here by this weekend. But now I'll be firing it up tonight. Can't beat that!

-DM[/QUOTE]

Well if you start the install right now then you might be able to play it tonight...

Thanks OP! I picked up my HL:CE on Monday. Worst colletor's edition ever! Because of the cheap box and T-Shirt the dvd case was all covered in lint and debris. It looked like it was packed by a toddler. Glad I didn't pay 79.99 for it!

Install was a pain too. I kept wanting to start it in offline mode so I would click the button but then it would tell me the game wasn't ready. If its not ready, then disable the stupid button! Then I noticed that it had autodetected my 6600gt as DirectX 8 hardware! What the shaq-fu! So I had to enter the -dxlevel 90 command line to force DirectX9 mode. In addition to this, every time I play it I have to enter my quality settings again, as it always reverts to its default settings whenever I quit the game. It's a great game but the install and interface are so not user friendly.

[quote name='mikefust']Thanks OP! I picked up my HL:CE on Monday. Worst colletor's edition ever! Because of the cheap box and T-Shirt the dvd case was all covered in lint and debris. It looked like it was packed by a toddler. Glad I didn't pay 79.99 for it![/QUOTE]

I agree. There isn't anything in the damn thing! At least the book is in color.

The package is going pretty quick. I ordered it yesterday morning (May 17th), and UPS says right now, its arrival scan was last confirmed 2 hours ago in San Jose. I live in San Francisco (which is all the way west coast), and thats pretty quick from Kentucky, especially sinced I used SAVER. My shipping status on the UPS site says the service type is 3 DAY SELECT, so for whatever reason, it'll take an extra day for it to ship to my city, then the day after to my location, which will be on the 20th. I would've bought it B&M, but saved it for someone else instead.

Snagged the last copy of HL2 at my local EB. I agree that this is the sorriest excuse for a "collector's edition" ever, too bad they didn't include that "raising the bar" hardcover book. But was thrilled to get the game for $30, thanks OP!

The preplayed Paper Mario was only $24.99 before coupons. Final bill: $19.71, including tax. I used the CAG link to get there, so Cheapy should still get credit for my purchase. :)

My package came in this morning at 9:10 A.M, after only 3 days of ordering it. My MGS2: Substance looks fine and is scratchless. The MGS2 was in its own shipping box. The Half-Life 2 CE however, came in a big box with big and expensive looking shipping bubbles (I don't think it was necessary, the box was so big it could fit a printer). Since I used the discounts and SAVER, the total after the coupons and discounts were about $19 including tax. I used my online $20 coupon code, CAG15, my EB Edge PP discount code, and SAVER for free shipping. My best deal yet. Thanks OP.

This is a great deal for new games for sure, but most of the games that are apart of it I have had since last year, or am waiting for BB to have them for $19.99 and then GGC time. Thanks anyhow OP.

I looked the new circular this morning and I noticed that there is a coupon for the $20 mail-in rebate on Paper Mario. I think I'm going to buy Paper Mario now and send in the rebate coupon, making it only $10 after getting the rebate coupon back.

I did this a year ago when Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance went to $20 and I got a $10 mail-in rebate back on it, making the game $10 after. Trust me, it works...

I just got my copy of HL2 today. A great find, especially considering that, as the guys in the store mentioned, the regular version is still $54.99. Thanks OP!

[quote name='josekortez']I looked the new circular this morning and I noticed that there is a coupon for the $20 mail-in rebate on Paper Mario. I think I'm going to buy Paper Mario now and send in the rebate coupon, making it only $10 after getting the rebate coupon back.

I did this a year ago when Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance went to $20 and I got a $10 mail-in rebate back on it, making the game $10 after. Trust me, it works...[/QUOTE]

For true? If I knew I could get away with that, I'd do it for sure.

Right now the best bet to go with HL2:CE is to price match it with CC..I was at eb on monday, it was tagged at 29.99 asked for a flier and the dork behind the counter was like uhh I didn't know there was a sale going on. Went back home saw on EBgames.com that it was still 79.99 , waited til tuesday then the price dropped to 29.99, called CC at work and they said they had 1 copy left and couldn't hold it, so after work I sped over to CC (45 min trip from work) and picked up that sucker, went to the CS counter and asked if they could price match with EB and they said yes, but the chick told her supervisor and her supverisor was like by how much and she replied "a lot" in a bad attitute way..and so he had her check it out even though I had the print out infront of me and it was like he was saying "better check it out because this looks like a fake EBgames site"..what a prick..anyways waited a few mins, she came back and said yep its the one. apparently the priced dropped from 79.99 to 69.99 but they priced dropped it from 79.99 to 29.99 and the 10% bonus diffrence. No where it says there is a limit of diffrence when pricematching (like up to 5 dollars or something)..hey for less than 30 bucks I think it was worth it. but big waste of box spacing for a tshirt..they should have included like a big artwork book or something (besides the little book) and the tshirt to be worth 80 bucks. but oh well.. if you have the right system specs like I do (Gforce 6800 GT) then this game rocks..you could just sit there all day and just look at the scenery! :p

[quote name='ITDEFX']Right now the best bet to go with HL2:CE is to price match it with CC..I was at eb on monday, it was tagged at 29.99 asked for a flier and the dork behind the counter was like uhh I didn't know there was a sale going on. Went back home saw on EBgames.com that it was still 79.99 , waited til tuesday then the price dropped to 29.99, called CC at work and they said they had 1 copy left and couldn't hold it, so after work I sped over to CC (45 min trip from work) and picked up that sucker, went to the CS counter and asked if they could price match with EB and they said yes, but the chick told her supervisor and her supverisor was like by how much and she replied "a lot" in a bad attitute way..and so he had her check it out even though I had the print out infront of me and it was like he was saying "better check it out because this looks like a fake EBgames site"..what a prick..anyways waited a few mins, she came back and said yep its the one. apparently the priced dropped from 79.99 to 69.99 but they priced dropped it from 79.99 to 29.99 and the 10% bonus diffrence. No where it says there is a limit of diffrence when pricematching (like up to 5 dollars or something)..hey for less than 30 bucks I think it was worth it. but big waste of box spacing for a tshirt..they should have included like a big artwork book or something (besides the little book) and the tshirt to be worth 80 bucks. but oh well.. if you have the right system specs like I do (Gforce 6800 GT) then this game rocks..you could just sit there all day and just look at the scenery! :p[/QUOTE]

wait..was there an in-store ad or did you HAVE to print the HL2:ce from the site?

[quote name='josekortez']I looked the new circular this morning and I noticed that there is a coupon for the $20 mail-in rebate on Paper Mario. I think I'm going to buy Paper Mario now and send in the rebate coupon, making it only $10 after getting the rebate coupon back.

I did this a year ago when Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance went to $20 and I got a $10 mail-in rebate back on it, making the game $10 after. Trust me, it works...[/QUOTE]

Read the post above yours it mentions the voucher that you get is when PM goes BACK to 49.99... and besides, you would still get PM for the regular price, the vouchers is applied towards another game making IT cheaper... the voucher is not going towards the price of PM... except in my case where I applied the 20 voucher from buying SF:OS for the online price of ten dollars... the 20 off of the sale price of 29.99 on PM meant I ACTUALLY got the game for 10 bucks, plus tax, shipping etc

The EB Games stores in Madison are cleaned out of Half Life 2 CE.
I picked up the last one earlier today from the state street store. Thanks for the heads up op :)

[quote name='zman73']Read the post above yours it mentions the voucher that you get is when PM goes BACK to 49.99... and besides, you would still get PM for the regular price, the vouchers is applied towards another game making IT cheaper... the voucher is not going towards the price of PM... except in my case where I applied the 20 voucher from buying SF:OS for the online price of ten dollars... the 20 off of the sale price of 29.99 on PM meant I ACTUALLY got the game for 10 bucks, plus tax, shipping etc[/QUOTE]

I knew it was too good to be true. I should have pulled the trigger on a used copy for $22.51 shipped (or less if I had an edge card).

I didn't post earlier, but I really appreciate your post OP! I got up early on Tuesday and grabbed Paper Mario, HL2: CE, Cystalis, and Revelations: Demon Slayer. I almost grabbed Paper Mario when it was $40 a few weeks back, now I'm glad I waited.

Many thank-you's, OP! :)

[quote name='swetooth9']wait..was there an in-store ad or did you HAVE to print the HL2:ce from the site?[/QUOTE]

I printed it directly from the ebgames.come web site.. just to be on the safe side, either circle or highlight the price AND the words COLLECTORS EDITION..by the picture is should be easy enough for them to compare the two (since the original is a grey box with one of the characters on it) but you never know if the moron is gonna fight you on this one.

Maybe I'll call up the EB Games around me tomorrow. It'd be a two hour round trip drive to get there, but it might be worth it to pick up HL2.

Shame I missed it when it was online, though.

[quote name='ITDEFX']I printed it directly from the ebgames.come web site.. just to be on the safe side, either circle or highlight the price AND the words COLLECTORS EDITION..by the picture is should be easy enough for them to compare the two (since the original is a grey box with one of the characters on it) but you never know if the moron is gonna fight you on this one.[/QUOTE]

damn...it's no longer on the web site :(

[quote name='NeueZiel']Yes, finally picked up Pikmin 2. I got it online after I went B&M and they were out of stock.[/QUOTE]

Well apparently I spoke to soon as I just recieved a e-mail informing me that ebgames made a mistake in their inventory count, and they will be unable to fill my order.

[quote name='swetooth9']damn...it's no longer on the web site :([/QUOTE]

crap where did it go? meh...just call your local EB GAMES and check the price then go to CC and ask them to call that store and volua! :) Hopefully they will honor the price over the phone.

They had 4 of the HL2:CE at the EBGames in Providence Place mall when I was there this weekend. Just a heads up for any RI/Southeastern Mass people out there who might be looking for this.

[quote name='rickc25']They had 4 of the HL2:CE at the EBGames in Providence Place mall when I was there this weekend. Just a heads up for any RI/Southeastern Mass people out there who might be looking for this.[/QUOTE]

were they still 30 bucks?

bread's done
Back