EB Games Trade 1 game get Mario Kart for $10!GVR: Get Mario Kart for $35!!!!!!!!!

gamer602

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Trade 1 of the following games:

Mario galaxy
mario party 8
Smash Bros
Mario Olympics
PKMN pearl
PKMN diamond

GetAttachment.aspx

Get Mario Kart WII for 9.99!!!!!!

Not such a bad deal considering Mario & Sonic is still only $29.99 at Best Buy.

Basically it's like paying $39.99 for Mario kart as opposed to the $49.99 which it normally costs.

not bad, i'd be hunting for a copy of one of those if i didn't have Mario Kart paid off already.

also, Grimacer: please never change your avatar. i love it.

Actually with Super Smash Bros. Brawl it is even cheaper.

Trades in at $35, combine with power trade and edge card and it trades in at $45.50. So basically you can buy it for $4.49.

However you have to give up Brawl... which is not easy to do.

How long is this deal on for? My friend has Mario & Sonic and would probably do this... but he's in China at the moment >_>

[quote name='Lockescythe']If the TTC wasn't on strike I'fd totally get a copy of pokemon on craigslist and trade it in.

damn strike.[/quote]

Game Centre downtown has Diamond/Pearl for anywhere from $15-$20. I think you can find Mario & Sonic for about $20 as well. But the TTC is stopping me from going out as well. What a fantastic union they have! ^_^

But back on topic, is there any word on early releases for Mario Kart Wii around the GTA? I'd probably wait to do this EBgames deal, but just curious.

[quote name='magiic']didn't the game come out today?[/quote]

Pretty sure the release date is tomorrow. Street date Monday in most cases ^_^

You guys know if it applies only before it's out, or if the deal is good afterwards too? The thread was posted today, but it could be an older deal or somethin'. Just making sure.

The game is not to be sold until the 27th, most EB's got a shipment early last week but couldn't sell them. There were some stores selling them on Friday however around Mississauga.

[quote name='gamer602']this deal is valid for a month[/quote]

Sweet deal. Maybe I'll be able to pick up one of those games for sale sometime between now and then (don't worry, it'll be just one copy...I'm not a hoarder).

What if I already pre-ordered? Will the deal apply? If I can't do it anymore, anyone know how to get out of it? Maybe I can cancel the pre-order? But that's dumb. Also, is this deal in Canada? Is it in Toronto, Ontario? Is it in all EB Games???

I tried to use Pokemon Pearl to do this deal today, but the EB manager hadn't heard of the deal (though she mentioned that they had deals similar to this in the past). She looked through her e-mails but couldn't find the deal so I was denied. I'll try again tomorrow when I pick up the game.

[quote name='Chewbaka999']Also, is this deal in Canada? Is it in Toronto, Ontario? Is it in all EB Games???[/quote]

Oh, man..hmm, I uhh...uhh...don't know, is it? Is it posted in the Canada forum? Oh wait, yes, yes it is. :roll:

Here's an update for those hoping to go the Pokemon route - BOTH Diamond and Pearl are required for this deal. All the Wii games that qualify are trade 1 + $10.

[quote name='thelostdude']Is this a joke EBG? I doubt some1 would actually have both pearl/diamond version.[/quote]

Wait just a minute.. what's wrong with having both?

[quote name='unfinity']Here's an update for those hoping to go the Pokemon route - BOTH Diamond and Pearl are required for this deal. All the Wii games that qualify are trade 1 + $10.[/quote]

Nope, just one is fine. Thats what the EB staff told me...

I just did this in Mississauga, specifically the Square One location. I traded Mario/Sonic and got it for 9.99. It works with Mario Galaxy, Super Smash, Mario/Sonic and another game. Very good deal.

i've got it as well by trading in the useless Mario Party 8 and I know there will 9, 10 and 11 coming out over the next 2,3 years. Get rid of it, while its still good too.

[quote name='thelostdude']Is this a joke EBG? I doubt some1 would actually have both pearl/diamond version.[/quote]

You need both to get all 493 Pokemon!

Would it be a huge revelation if I told you there there are guys out there who will not only buy both versions of Pokémanz at release but also the THIRD game that always come out? :gasp

I hate restarting my game so I usually end up buying all 3 eventually.

Atleast one of the first two and the third.

Course I buy them once they go way down in price. Like I own all 3 of GSC. But I only paid full price for silver.

For those going to EB and want Mario Kart, I just came back with the game and I didn't even plan on getting it. Tho that's because I got it for roughly 20 bucks. :D

If you don't mind some leg workl buy Fantastic Four and MLB2k7, both for PS3 and used copies for 5 bucks each; grab two copies each. Trade them into Blockbuster and since they get 15 and 10 bucks respectively, you'll walk out with Mario Kart, or any game you want to preorder. Ace!:D
Possible YMMV tho since the two I talked to takes doubles but not triples, so good luck.

[quote name='Nesmaster']Just went to EB and they heard nothing about this. Terrible on keeping their employees up to date or what...?[/quote]

Ask them to check their fax binder, or where ever they have recent information on promotions, etc. Sometimes employees will skim over them, but don't know them off hand.

I went to EB today and they didn't know anything till they went and checked. They printed it out. If you're planning on trading PKMN in you do need both Diamond and Pearl. It says in the ad that you must trade them in together.

wow.
Good thing I didn't find a copy of diamond or pear.

Both is ridiculous. You could probably sell each for 30$ each still and just buy mario kart.

I actually took the photo of this promo advertised in the EB store. If anyone needs a proof to show your EB store, feel free to PM me with email address to receive it.

I am too lazy to put it up on the web. (GOTTA PLAT GTA4!!!)

[quote name='gamer602']http://by129w.bay129.mail.live.com/att/GetAttachment.aspx?tnail=0&messageId=e90c0bc5-365f-4a2a-9a2c-7ea2097a2425&Aux=0|0|8CA78AC70F21F80|[/quote]

Dude, if posting on the web is this simple, I would have done it myself :) You need to use something like imageshack.

bread's done
Back