EB Games trade 3 +$10 +10% +10%

pun123

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
I went to EB today, because I wanted to trade my GOW in since I was lucky and got the GOW LE from TRU for 35.00 yesterday, and I used the coupon for the trade 3 get an extra $10, with you EDGE you get an extra 10% and he told me if I put five down on a game I get an extra 10% which for GOW, Tomb, Perfect Dark, ended up being $60 and the five on Forza2. Not a bad deal.

this is the first time I have ever heard of an extra 10% when you put $5 down on a preorder and I have been using EB for years.

Here I was thinking it was going to be +$10 on ANY 3 ... damn. I can't wait for another B2G1 sale, I'm needing some more PSP games.

[quote name='pun123']this is the first time I have ever heard of an extra 10% when you put $5 down on a preorder and I have been using EB for years.[/quote]
me neither...that's like a free preorder

The 10% bump when doing a preorder has been around for a while, but most will experience mixed results a) actually getting it applied and b) moreso when combining it with the $10 or the Edge bump.

[quote name='pun123']I went to EB today, because I wanted to trade my GOW in since I was lucky and got the GOW LE from TRU for 35.00 yesterday, and I used the coupon for the trade 3 get an extra $10, with you EDGE you get an extra 10% and he told me if I put five down on a game I get an extra 10% which for GOW, Tomb, Perfect Dark, ended up being $60 and the five on Forza2. Not a bad deal.[/QUOTE]
PLEASE! THAT IS A HORRIBLE DEAL! GEARS LE SHOULD BE WORTH $50 alone. They are such a rip-off! Even with this deal! So let me guess..They gave you back the $35.00 you spent on Gears plus an additional $7.00(20%), making it $42 for Gears LE. Then they gave you $8 for one game plus an additional $1.60(20%) making it $9.60; and $7 for the other plus an additional $1.40(20%) making this one $8.40. Total $60.00

[quote name='ricoraney']PLEASE! THAT IS A HORRIBLE DEAL! GEARS LE SHOULD BE WORTH $50 alone. They are such a rip-off! Even with this deal! So let me guess..They gave you back the $35.00 you spent on Gears plus an additional $7.00(20%), making it $42 for Gears LE. Then they gave you $8 for one game plus an additional $1.60(20%) making it $9.60; and $7 for the other plus an additional $1.40(20%) making this one $8.40. Total $60.00[/quote]

Too much math/10.

He was lucky to score a copy of Gears of War LE at TRU, so he decided to sell his normal edition to GS. It wasn't a horrific deal in my opinion. Even selling it on eBay would have gotten him $40 for GoW, $20 for TR, and $15 for PDZ. Take out some fees and some hassle and it's kinda the same.

[quote name='canedaddy']There's a God of War LE? On 360? Wow, learn something new every day.

:booty:[/quote]
He never said god of war he said GOW which stands for gears of war, who's the dumb one now ?

Ebay/Paypal fees are a big part of why I don;t sell on ebay anymore. You sell a $15 game and with ebay/paypal fees you end up losing $5 of that. To hell with ebay.

So instead of getting absolute crap for your games, they gave you crap? Don't sell to EB/GS if you can avoid it, give them to a friend, sell them on CAG, anything, just stop helping them profit off of laziness!

Bah to EB/GS.

I bet someone on Cag would have bought that Gears of War for at least $40. $20 for Tomb Raider on Ebay, and $15 for PDZ on ebay, means you could have gotten close to $80(Cash, mind you) and not had to muck with crappy EB/GS.

i recently traded in some games at gamestop ... and the people working the register apprently didn't know how to apply the coupon.. i believe that they gave me an extra $20 for trading in 3 games instead of $10... I didn't realize this until I left though... as of now I have $72 of trade in credit that I really dont know what to use it on

[quote name='Limegreen']He never said god of war he said GOW which stands for gears of war, who's the dumb one now ?[/quote]

Err, technically "GOW" could stand for either.

I can't believe how crazy this thread got. I bought GOW (that would be Gears of War) for the mentally retarded who didn't read that this deal at EB (that would be Electronic Boutique) for the trade 3 XBOX 360 get an extra $10 (that would be dollars) , since there is no GOW (that would be God of War) for the 360 (that would be XBOX 360) and only for the ps2 (that would be playstation 2).

I bought GOW LE at TRU for 35.00, so I didn't need my old GOW nilla flava so I traded it with TOMB, and PZero and laid down $5 on FORZA2 and put $60 on my EDGE. I hope this clears this all up, holy smokes fellas, just wanted to share what I thought was a good dealio.

[quote name='pun123']I can't believe how crazy this thread got. I bought GOW (that would be Gears of War) for the mentally retarded who didn't read that this deal at EB (that would be Electronic Boutique) for the trade 3 XBOX 360 get an extra $10 (that would be dollars) , since there is no GOW (that would be God of War) for the 360 (that would be XBOX 360) and only for the ps2 (that would be playstation 2).

I bought GOW LE at TRU for 35.00, so I didn't need my old GOW nilla flava so I traded it with TOMB, and PZero and laid down $5 on FORZA2 and put $60 on my EDGE. I hope this clears this all up, holy smokes fellas, just wanted to share what I thought was a good dealio.[/quote]

haha you're hilarious man. :D but really it is a good deal, i did that the other day got the extra $10 and 10% for edge card and 10% for reserving. good deal

[quote name='pun123']this is the first time I have ever heard of an extra 10% when you put $5 down on a preorder and I have been using EB for years.[/quote]

It's been around forever...some employees will offer it as an incentive to get you to do a preorder...others will deny it exists even if you tell them other employees have done it for you. The manager at the store near me swears that the deals can't be combined or that the 10% preorder bonus has "expired" but his employees are always willing to do it for me when he's not there.

[quote name='jer7583']So instead of getting absolute crap for your games, they gave you crap? Don't sell to EB/GS if you can avoid it, give them to a friend, sell them on CAG, anything, just stop helping them profit off of laziness!

Bah to EB/GS.

I bet someone on Cag would have bought that Gears of War for at least $40. $20 for Tomb Raider on Ebay, and $15 for PDZ on ebay, means you could have gotten close to $80(Cash, mind you) and not had to muck with crappy EB/GS.[/QUOTE]

I agree... don't feed the beast. Try and find an alternative...

bread's done
Back