eb/gs Trade 2 wii-ps3-360 games bonus $10. hardware 20$ bonus [expires 11/11/2007]?

Trade-in 2 XB360, Wii, or PS3 games & receive an extra $10 Trade-in credit!
Expires: 11/11/2007. Games with a trade value of $1.00 or less are excluded from offer. Other exclusions may apply. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer subject to change at anytime. See store associate for details. No dealers.

Trade-in your used hardware (PS2 / XBOX / DS / PSP / XB360 / Wii / PS3 / GBA SP) and receive $20 extra trade-in credit!
Expires: 10/21/2007. Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance (original), Micro GBA, & Gamecube excluded from offer. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers.

added link from the cheapest gamer on here: http://www.gamestop.com/gs/trade-ins/trade-ins.asp?cookie%5Ftest=1&affid=3000&mc_id=1009nl#offers

If you trade in a broken PS2, can you still get the $15 credit for a broken system plus the extra $20 credit?

[quote name='lorne']

Anyone know if GS will be getting the bundle-less Crimson/Black DS on wed?[/quote]
Looks like the answer is *yes* according to the website. $11 cheaper at Target but good for folks who would rather use credit, such as myself.

are these deals stackable? like can i get the extra 20% towards galaxy or guitar hero as well as the extra 10 bones for 2 next gen games
edit: i saw on the offer details that they can't be combined. oh well...

do they accept xboxs that have been opened for this deal. I bought my xbox off of a friend and it has holes where the screws are, but it still works fine. $50 sounds great for a system I havent used in almost a year. i will give it a try and let you all know. I am also going to trade my gba sp at the cypress store on my way to manhattan beach.

I read this thread in like five seconds yesterday before grabbing two games that I'd been wanting to trade in for a while and taking them down to Gamestop. When I got there, the lady said that they weren't running this deal so I figured that I must've missed a specific start time when scanning through it. In other words, didn't get the bonus.

Now I see that the Deal had started after all and she simply didn't know what she was talking about. Do you guys think I could go back and get the bonus? I have the receipt and all.

I traded in today some games w/ 60% trade in! (Local promotion)

Gears of War $20 => $32
Marvel vs Capcom2 $35 => $56
Nighty Nights $9 => $14.4

[quote name='harunim']I traded in today some games w/ 60% trade in! (Local promotion)

Gears of War $20 => $32
Marvel vs Capcom2 $35 => $56
Nighty Nights $9 => $14.4[/QUOTE]

You traded in MVC2?!

Dude, a "not so good" condition copy goes for 90ish on ebay....

Hell, you could have sold it here.

How much do they care about the complete system? I want to take the ol' fatty PS2 in because of this but once I take off the network adapter (trading that in too since I won't need) will they care if I don't know where the cover for the HDD slot is?

And, my PS2 still reads all formats but it takes a while to read DVDs. They will work, but it takes about 1 minute for the system to analyze it and show it in the browser or boot it up. Could this cause me any problems?

Do GS put credit on the edge card?

Now I come to think about it, they always gave me a printed receipt for all credits and now they said they put the trade in money into the card..

Just curious..

Has anyone run into any exclusions other than sub-$1 games? I have PGR3 to trade in this afternoon and didn't know if it was too old to be accepted or what-not.

I have a bunch of credit at Blockbuster / GR that I'd like to convert using this deal, but even with the 25% off shooters that GR has right now, I can't figure out a way to do it without losing money.

BTW, because of this deal and trying to figure this out, here's a few quotes I got for 360 games:

PD0 : $3
Prey: $4
Saints Row: $10
Gears of War: $20
Chromehounds: $5
Lost Planet: $10(? not completely sure on that one)

[quote name='harunim']Do GS put credit on the edge card?

Now I come to think about it, they always gave me a printed receipt for all credits and now they said they put the trade in money into the card..

Just curious..[/QUOTE]

They've always put my credit onto the edge card every time I've traded in the past two years. I still get a receipt telling me the money went onto the card and what the value of each tradein was, but the receipt itself isn't worth anything.

I think years ago they did receipts as credit, but to my knowledge they stopped doing that like two years ago. Maybe your store is one of the last ones to get converted to the system?

Well, the one store I went to wouldn't mix-and-match a Wii game and 360 game, so I only traded in Live Unplugged ($4 before Edge) and Lego Star Wars II ($7, down from $17 on the CAGWiki). Netted around $22 after promo and Edge bonus. If I go back to another store I'll try with PGR4 and Wii Play, but oh well.

As I amass more and more credit from these awesome CAG deals, sometimes I forget how much money is actually on my card, and I kind of freak out a bit when I get the receipt and see the balance. :) I loves you, CAG.

[quote name='lunker']Well, the one store I went to wouldn't mix-and-match a Wii game and 360 game, so I only traded in Live Unplugged ($4 before Edge) and Lego Star Wars II ($7, down from $17 on the CAGWiki). Netted around $22 after promo and Edge bonus. If I go back to another store I'll try with PGR4 and Wii Play, but oh well.

As I amass more and more credit from these awesome CAG deals, sometimes I forget how much money is actually on my card, and I kind of freak out a bit when I get the receipt and see the balance. :) I loves you, CAG.[/quote]

with last years trade 2 wii/360 games bonus 50% coupon, i mixed and matched and the computer automatically did the bonus correctly, 60% b/c of edge card. however i did run into some nazi's that refused to even scan my games and said it would not work.

[quote name='lunker']Well, the one store I went to wouldn't mix-and-match a Wii game and 360 game, so I only traded in Live Unplugged ($4 before Edge) and Lego Star Wars II ($7, down from $17 on the CAGWiki). Netted around $22 after promo and Edge bonus. If I go back to another store I'll try with PGR4 and Wii Play, but oh well.

As I amass more and more credit from these awesome CAG deals, sometimes I forget how much money is actually on my card, and I kind of freak out a bit when I get the receipt and see the balance. :) I loves you, CAG.[/quote]

Weird. When I asked the question of mix-match, it got deleted. Guess it depends on where you go is the answer.

I tried the extra $20 trade in hardware deal at two Gamestops, but both their store managers say I need a promotional code to get it to work. The web admin at GS told me to consult a district manager, but that sounds like a big hassle. Does anyone have any other suggestions, or am I screwed? I tried the GS stores in Glendale and Eagle Rock, California.

I kinda wanted to hold on to these, but I've been too busy with old Xbox games after getting one recently with the $50 coupon. I figure I can get them again down the road for pretty cheap if I miss them:

SSX Blur: $10
Godfather Blackhand Ed. : $10 (wiki update please)

So, $32 with Edge and promo, not great but not too shabby. Just hope they do a B2G1 soon.

[quote name='awp']I have a bunch of credit at Blockbuster / GR that I'd like to convert using this deal, but even with the 25% off shooters that GR has right now, I can't figure out a way to do it without losing money.

BTW, because of this deal and trying to figure this out, here's a few quotes I got for 360 games:

PD0 : $3
Prey: $4
Saints Row: $10
Gears of War: $20
Chromehounds: $5
Lost Planet: $10(? not completely sure on that one)[/quote]

Your best bet would be to buy a brand new game and trade it for the 50% bonus, I think the fineprint said the trade amount can't go above retail, but thats a dollar to dollar conversion.

[quote name='kaarpl28']I tried the extra $20 trade in hardware deal at two Gamestops, but both their store managers say I need a promotional code to get it to work. The web admin at GS told me to consult a district manager, but that sounds like a big hassle. Does anyone have any other suggestions, or am I screwed? I tried the GS stores in Glendale and Eagle Rock, California.[/quote]
Point them to their own website. Click on "Trade-in Values" at the lower left side of the screen . Scroll down the page towards the bottom. It's hard for them to deny the deal that's on their own site.

Dammit. Does this deal still work even if you're PS2 doesn't fully work? My PS2 reads DVDs (both games and films) fine, but it can't read CD-Roms anymore without a few little tricks I've learned in the past. What do they give for PS2's that don't fully work?

[quote name='Cable387']Dammit. Does this deal still work even if you're PS2 doesn't fully work? My PS2 reads DVDs (both games and films) fine, but it can't read CD-Roms anymore without a few little tricks I've learned in the past. What do they give for PS2's that don't fully work?[/quote]

Do you really think they'll test if it plays CD Roms? Only PS1 games are on CDs, right?

Yeah, some PS2 games are on CD. I tested out ICO and it made these loud ass screeching sounds, it'll work fine if I do a certain "tape" trick I learned a long time ago but it won't read the disk if I just put it in the system. Guess I'll go in anyways and just see what happens.

So wait, this is not available at every store? And do they accept broken systems for this deal?

I assume you have to have a stylus to trade in a DS?

I use a long stylus and can't for the life of me find one of the ones that came with the system.

got 25 bucks for:

DOA4 - 9
MUA (3600 - 6
+10 promotion.

Also:

Rainbow 6 vegas (360) - $11
Ridge racer 6 (360)- $4
+$10 promo

Good enough for a Mario Galaxy game.. almost.

[quote name='kaarpl28']I tried the extra $20 trade in hardware deal at two Gamestops, but both their store managers say I need a promotional code to get it to work. The web admin at GS told me to consult a district manager, but that sounds like a big hassle. Does anyone have any other suggestions, or am I screwed? I tried the GS stores in Glendale and Eagle Rock, California.[/quote]

Same thing happened to me. I took the e-mail and they kept saying that it should have had a barcode. I told them it didn't and just waited. It's not your fault that they don't have their stuff together. There is no promo code. Let them know that their store manager or district manager may be able to assist them. If they still won't, offer to call them for help yourself. On my visit, the store's manager was there and just did what looked like a manual adjustment.

Is it possible to trade in a system and get the extra 20$ AND trade in games at the same time for the 10$ bonus for each two? Or does this fall under seperate deals? Thanks for any info.

[quote name='coldlight']Is it possible to trade in a system and get the extra 20$ AND trade in games at the same time for the 10$ bonus for each two? Or does this fall under seperate deals? Thanks for any info.[/QUOTE]

They should both work, as they're dealing with seperate parts of the transaction. If they don't just do two transactions. If the employee gives you shit about doing 2, just say you'll preorder something, to make up for it.

Then go back a few days later and cancel it.

[quote name='Logain8955']They should both work, as they're dealing with seperate parts of the transaction. If they don't just do two transactions. If the employee gives you shit about doing 2, just say you'll preorder something, to make up for it.

Then go back a few days later and cancel it.[/quote]
Thanks for the reply. I'll give it a shot in a few days.

360 games
Stranglehold-$27
Prey-$8
total-$35

After 10% edge and another 10% for preorder NFS:pro. Not bad since I only paid 39.99 on pm from CC deal a few weeks ago. But hastings now is giving $35 it said in their latest ad.

Traded in:
Xbox $20 + $20 bonus
GBA SP $20 + 20 bonus

Just be careful, the first GameStop I went to didn't know about the bonus and refused to give it to me, even after I called another GameStop store.

Does anyone know if its possible to trade in an SP with no barcode on it if you still have the original box and such? I'm assuming they need some kind of barcode to take it in. Would this work? I'm thinking the barcode on the box is different than the one on the SP. Is there anyway around this?

Worked for me too, everything went smooth. But can anyone confirm that the PS2 fat is down to $20.

[quote name='pun123']360 games
Stranglehold-$27
Prey-$8
total-$35

After 10% edge and another 10% for preorder NFS:pro. Not bad since I only paid 39.99 on pm from CC deal a few weeks ago. But hastings now is giving $35 it said in their latest ad.[/QUOTE]

You got $8 for Prey? Is that with the extra $5? They told me last week it was $4 for trade before bonus. Just curious.

[quote name='stoned99']Your best bet would be to buy a brand new game and trade it for the 50% bonus, I think the fineprint said the trade amount can't go above retail, but thats a dollar to dollar conversion.[/QUOTE]

Fine idea. Unfortunately, my local EBs are pricks about coupons so I know they won't accept the 50% flyer from that regional deal (even without the locations).

[quote name='ZildjianKX']Traded in:
Xbox $20 + $20 bonus
GBA SP $20 + 20 bonus

Just be careful, the first GameStop I went to didn't know about the bonus and refused to give it to me, even after I called another GameStop store.[/QUOTE]

What did they do when you traded your xbox, did they turn it on, test if it loaded a game, check to see if it was opened? I have two xboxs, one that occasionally gives me "dirty disc" and another xbox that red rings which I opened up to see if I could fix it (was worthless either way) and want to see if they will accept one as working and the other as a broken trade in. Someone mentioned they give 15 for a broken system. I would even trade the broken one for the 20 or 30 bonus just to get something for it since it does me no good as a paper weight.

Also, is there a deal where you trade in the GBA SP and get $30 off the DS Lite? 2 systems, one being a GBA SP and some small coinage will net a DS Lite in that case (assuming you luck out and get a $30 bonus per console store).

[quote name='awp']You got $8 for Prey? Is that with the extra $5? They told me last week it was $4 for trade before bonus. Just curious.[/quote]

that guy gave me false hope. 3$ prebonus today, 8 after. tomb raider legend is down to 5 bones after being 7 last monday...

For the Wiki: (After Bonus $10 and 10% Edge)

-Stranglehold $27.00 (Xbox 360)
-Shadowrun $17.00 (Xbox 360)
-Half-Life 2 $5.50 (Xbox)

I put my credit towards a copy of Persona 3 (PS2) and ended up paying about $5 from my pocket. Pretty happy about that.

The hardware bonus does NOT require a coupon, right? I was thinking of getting rid of my Wii, but I guess I will for sure if I get an extra $20. It sounds like I should actually get something extra/seperate for Wii Sports too.

[quote name='Wolfpup']The hardware bonus does NOT require a coupon, right? I was thinking of getting rid of my Wii, but I guess I will for sure if I get an extra $20. It sounds like I should actually get something extra/seperate for Wii Sports too.[/quote]

170 for the system plus 20 bonus = 190 + 7.50 for wii sports - 197.50

Oh my god, I went to one gamestop by me and the teenage mouthbreathers working the counter "had no idea" about this deal and said "sometimes our computer lags behind the website" and then tried to sell me an Edge card.

Then I called a different gamestop and not only did the guy confirm that they are doing this deal, he asked me what games I had and told me their values over the phone. Awesome.

Too bad no one around here seems to be doing the 50% thing, though.

bread's done
Back