eb/gs Trade 2 wii-ps3-360 games bonus $10. hardware 20$ bonus [expires 11/11/2007]?

Trade-in 2 XB360, Wii, or PS3 games & receive an extra $10 Trade-in credit!
Expires: 11/11/2007. Games with a trade value of $1.00 or less are excluded from offer. Other exclusions may apply. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer subject to change at anytime. See store associate for details. No dealers.

Trade-in your used hardware (PS2 / XBOX / DS / PSP / XB360 / Wii / PS3 / GBA SP) and receive $20 extra trade-in credit!
Expires: 10/21/2007. Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance (original), Micro GBA, & Gamecube excluded from offer. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers.

added link from the cheapest gamer on here: http://www.gamestop.com/gs/trade-ins/trade-ins.asp?cookie%5Ftest=1&affid=3000&mc_id=1009nl#offers

This is a great time also for anyone who bought Eragon on Amazon for 6.99 ya get like 18.00 including the bonus for 2 of them.

So, I guess NO ONE has answered whether or not broken systems get the $20 bonus too, since I checked this entire thread and didn't see it. I wanna know before this promo ends, so I can dump off this PS2 I bought for parts, but which has a great working laser(but the motherboard clasp that connects the controller/memory card ports is shot).

I'd probably sell it here for $30 shipped, if someone wants one to tinker with, but would rather just dump it off on GS, since I loathe them anyway and would rather just give them my shitty console and let them worry bout it.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']So, I guess NO ONE has answered whether or not broken systems get the $20 bonus too, since I checked this entire thread and didn't see it. I wanna know before this promo ends, so I can dump off this PS2 I bought for parts, but which has a great working laser(but the motherboard clasp that connects the controller/memory card ports is shot).[/quote]

Call them?

Why on Earth would they give you an extra 20 for a broken system? They charge you to take an extra system (saw some guy sell them a ps2 with a faulty laser a couple of weeks ago) so its X (what the system gets trade in) - Y (cost of repair) and no way your getting a bonus.

Ha...but if I'm wrong I'll buy one of those guides your always talking about having lol.

[quote name='nakanenui']What did they do when you traded your xbox, did they turn it on, test if it loaded a game, check to see if it was opened? I have two xboxs, one that occasionally gives me "dirty disc" and another xbox that red rings which I opened up to see if I could fix it (was worthless either way) and want to see if they will accept one as working and the other as a broken trade in. Someone mentioned they give 15 for a broken system. I would even trade the broken one for the 20 or 30 bonus just to get something for it since it does me no good as a paper weight.

Also, is there a deal where you trade in the GBA SP and get $30 off the DS Lite? 2 systems, one being a GBA SP and some small coinage will net a DS Lite in that case (assuming you luck out and get a $30 bonus per console store).[/QUOTE]

The first gamestop didn't turn on my Xbox, but they wouldn't give me the $20 extra since the manager was stupid. The 2nd place I took it to turned it on, popped in a game, etc. My Xbox had been opened, but I taped the stickers flat so it wasn't too noticeable.

You can do $20 extra per GBA SP, so $40 total per system. That's the only promo I know of.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']So, I guess NO ONE has answered whether or not broken systems get the $20 bonus too, since I checked this entire thread and didn't see it. I wanna know before this promo ends, so I can dump off this PS2 I bought for parts, but which has a great working laser(but the motherboard clasp that connects the controller/memory card ports is shot).

I'd probably sell it here for $30 shipped, if someone wants one to tinker with, but would rather just dump it off on GS, since I loathe them anyway and would rather just give them my shitty console and let them worry bout it.[/QUOTE]

Yes, they do. I brought them my PS2 a few days ago, and since the cd-rom drive door creaked when they tested it they had to deduct a $15 refurbishing fee from the normal trade-in price ($20). After some research they still gave me the extra $20, so I ended up getting $25 all together. (Note: the system in question was the old "fat" model ps2).

[quote name='asianxcore']For the Wiki: (After Bonus $10 and 10% Edge)

-Stranglehold $27.00 (Xbox 360)
-Shadowrun $17.00 (Xbox 360)
-Half-Life 2 $5.50 (Xbox)

I put my credit towards a copy of Persona 3 (PS2) and ended up paying about $5 from my pocket. Pretty happy about that.[/QUOTE]

HL2 is $5.5?? Wow, I am trading mine in.

Traded in Saints Row and Crackdown today. Total came to $27.60 with Edge Card and promotion:

Saints Row : $9.00 trade + .90 (EC) + 5.00 = $14.90
Crackdown: $7.00 trade + .70 (EC) + 5.00 = $12.70

Probably could have gotten a little more off of Ebay for those, but considering I've lost several games through the mail, I'll take the loss and just bring them to Gamestop.

Does anyone know if the trade-in value increases for Smackdown vs RAW 2007 (360) if it is the special edition tin? I paid the extra $10 for it back when it came out through Gamestop and I haven't seen it listed on the Wiki, so I'm assuming it is the same trade-in value for both.

[quote name='metallicoholic']Traded in Saints Row and Crackdown today. Total came to $27.60 with Edge Card and promotion:

Probably could have gotten a little more off of Ebay for those, but considering I've lost several games through the mail, I'll take the loss and just bring them to Gamestop.

Does anyone know if the trade-in value increases for Smackdown vs RAW 2007 (360) if it is the special edition tin? I paid the extra $10 for it back when it came out through Gamestop and I haven't seen it listed on the Wiki, so I'm assuming it is the same trade-in value for both.[/quote]

Yes, most limited editions have the same trade in value.

[quote name='metallicoholic']Traded in Saints Row and Crackdown today. Total came to $27.60 with Edge Card and promotion:

Does anyone know if the trade-in value increases for Smackdown vs RAW 2007 (360) if it is the special edition tin? I paid the extra $10 for it back when it came out through Gamestop and I haven't seen it listed on the Wiki, so I'm assuming it is the same trade-in value for both.[/quote]

i almost picked this up yesterday for 24.99 so i would guess like 6 bucks?

Traded in MLB2k6 and Fifa World Cup: 2006 today. I got 19.92 with extra 30% from edgecard and credit towards Mario Galaxy.

Fifa 06: 3.00 trade + .30 (EC) + 5 = 8.30.
MLB2k6: 3.00 trade + .30 (EC) + 5 = 8.30.
Tack on another 20% by putting it to a downpayment on Mario Galaxy and it came to 19.92. What do you guys think? It is a lot for those two crappy games I never ever played, but not too bad.

But on the other hand I am buying galaxy new, against my better CAG instincts.

If you trade games torwards Mario Galaxy to get the extra % can you then cancel that preorder like several weeks later and have the whole credit to use on something else? Does the system track where the $ you have down came from and adjust itself magically if you move it later? I don't have a Wii but that extra % torwards say CoD4 would be nice.

One of my good friends is a manager at a Gamestop and I just read him Shady's post. He said that they will transfer that percentage to somethign else, but dont exploit it or YMMV.

Hey folks, question for you...I've never traded anything in at Gamestop, and quite frankly I've never sold any of my old video game stuff. But I'm cleaning out a closet, and don't want to keep storing my old games, plus I've got a few 360 games I don't want anymore. So I'd like to sell them or trade them in.

I realize I could get more for things by selling them here or ebay or whatever, but if it's going to be a huge hassel, I don't want to mess with it.

Games I'm going to want coming up are GH3, Assassin's Creed, Army of Two, and Rock Band.

So here's what I have, what would you recommend doing? Thanks a lot.

360:

Call of Duty 2
Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
NHL 2K7
Dead or Alive 4
Kameo

Xbox:

Ninja Gaiden Black

PS2:

Guitar Hero 2
Guitar Hero Guitars (1 is the red wired guitar that came with the bundle, the other is a blue wireless guitar made by React)

GTA: Vice City
The Simpsons Hit & Run
007: Everything or Nothing
ATV Offroad Fury 2 (no manual)
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4
Ace Combat 4
Dead to Rights
Time Splitters 2
SOCOM
Medal of Honor Rising Sun
Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance
Conflict: Desert Storm
Smackdown: Shut Your Mouth

Large PS2 Hardware
PS2 Network Adapter

[quote name='aktick']Hey folks, question for you...I've never traded anything in at Gamestop, and quite frankly I've never sold any of my old video game stuff. But I'm cleaning out a closet, and don't want to keep storing my old games, plus I've got a few 360 games I don't want anymore. So I'd like to sell them or trade them in.

I realize I could get more for things by selling them here or ebay or whatever, but if it's going to be a huge hassel, I don't want to mess with it.

Games I'm going to want coming up are GH3, Assassin's Creed, Army of Two, and Rock Band.

So here's what I have, what would you recommend doing? Thanks a lot.

360:

Call of Duty 2
Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
NHL 2K7
Dead or Alive 4
Kameo

Xbox:

Ninja Gaiden Black

PS2:

Guitar Hero 2
Guitar Hero Guitars (1 is the red wired guitar that came with the bundle, the other is a blue wireless guitar made by React)

GTA: Vice City
The Simpsons Hit & Run
007: Everything or Nothing
ATV Offroad Fury 2 (no manual)
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4
Ace Combat 4
Dead to Rights
Time Splitters 2
SOCOM
Medal of Honor Rising Sun
Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance
Conflict: Desert Storm
Smackdown: Shut Your Mouth

Large PS2 Hardware
PS2 Network Adapter[/QUOTE]

you might be lucky to get $100 for all of that. I'd say put the PS2 games in a bundle on ebay, the Guitar Heroes in a bundle on ebay, and the 360 games on ebay. You could probably make double that easily.

They quoted me $12 on the darkness and $8 on Dead Rising today. I didn't take it, obviously. $20 for $90 worth of items? No Thank You.

Is it just me or are those 360 values unusally low? Like they really lowered values before this promo more than ever before.. freakin gamestop.

[quote name='jer7583']They quoted me $12 on the darkness and $8 on Dead Rising today. I didn't take it, obviously. $20 for $90 worth of items? No Thank You.

Is it just me or are those 360 values unusally low? Like they really lowered values before this promo more than ever before.. freakin gamestop.[/QUOTE]

That's GS/EB for you. I rarely ever trade in anything to them cuz I'll end up getting jipped. Trading your games to them is always a last resort for me, but money's tight right now so I had to do it.

I traded in 4 games to get 1. Obviously not happy with that, but it was easy and quick and I needed to get rid of some old games. I feel like the trades in prices with the $10 bonus should be the regular trade-in prices.

[quote name='pittpizza']One of my good friends is a manager at a Gamestop and I just read him Shady's post. He said that they will transfer that percentage to somethign else, but dont exploit it or YMMV.[/quote]

Yikes. I didn't know about this deal.

I traded in four 360 games yesterday (NBA 2K8 - which I should have sold on eBay, but I figured the ease would make it worthwhile to just trade it to EB, Virtua Tennis 3, Rumble Roses, and DiRT).

I assume I should've received a $20 trade-in bonus? I certainly did not.

Should I call 'em tomorrow or is it pretty much FUBAR now that the deed has been done? Weak.

I'm being stupid here, but you DON'T need any coupon to get the $20 bonus on hardware, correct?

That $200 for a Wii sounds like a great deal to me. I basically got a 4 month rental for $50. Of course if I take it in when this one fanboy is working there I'll have to listen to him go on and on about how great and magical it is for 20 minutes before he gives me my credit :lol:

Well I just looked up the sale prices on ebay and amazon for Fifa 06 (360) and MLB 3k6 (360) and they were 8 bucks and 4 bucks respectively. Instead of getting (possibly!) 12 on ebay I took em to GS/EB and got $20 put towards Galaxy.

$20 bucks beats 12 any day of the week! I'm thrilled becasue I never played those games anyway. That and about 15 gamecube games I traded in when they had the extra 40% deal purchased a pre-order of Mario Galaxy. I may switch the credit to Smash Bros Brawl.

[quote name='jer7583']you might be lucky to get $100 for all of that. I'd say put the PS2 games in a bundle on ebay, the Guitar Heroes in a bundle on ebay, and the 360 games on ebay. You could probably make double that easily.[/quote] Thanks. I looked up all the possible trade in values in the CAGWiki, threw em in a spreadsheet, and compared what I could possibly get for them on ebay.

With the $10 extra on a pair of 360 games, I'd probably be farther ahead trading them. For instance, for Kameo and CoD2, I could (should?) be able to get $18 in trade in value vs. *maybe* being able to get $7 or $8 a piece on ebay.

The older PS2 games, with 20% extra for trading in towards GH3, seem as though I could get the same or better at GS?

GH2 PS2 stuff I could definitely get more elsewhere, it appears.

What should I do with my PS2? It looks like I could get $30+20 for it in trade value at GS. Should I just do that and be rid of it?

Are network adapters for PS2 worth anything?

And I'm assuming you can't trade 2 360 games in, get your $10 extra, PLUS get an extra 20% towards GH3?

[quote name='Oops! I did it again.']Yikes. I didn't know about this deal.

I traded in four 360 games yesterday (NBA 2K8 - which I should have sold on eBay, but I figured the ease would make it worthwhile to just trade it to EB, Virtua Tennis 3, Rumble Roses, and DiRT).

I assume I should've received a $20 trade-in bonus? I certainly did not.

Should I call 'em tomorrow or is it pretty much FUBAR now that the deed has been done? Weak.[/QUOTE]

I'd give em a call or stop in, they screwed up my bonuses several times before and I stopped in and had them fix it. Sometimes it takes a few minutes (most times for me they had to void the exchange then redo it). For $20, it's worth a shot, imho.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']too lazy to check but would that make the PSP at the $80 mark?[/QUOTE]

70 with bonus-- 50 normally. In the time it took you to be too lazy to check and the time it took to get you a response, you could've checked the wiki and been done. Cmon now.
http://wiki.cheapassgamer.com/index.php/EB_trade_in_values#Hardware.2FAccessories_6

"And I'm assuming you can't trade 2 360 games in, get your $10 extra, PLUS get an extra 20% towards GH3?"
You're wrong. I got the $10 extra AND an extra 20% towards MarioGalaxy (or in yourcase GH3?) what is GH3 anyway?

[quote name='pittpizza']"And I'm assuming you can't trade 2 360 games in, get your $10 extra, PLUS get an extra 20% towards GH3?"
You're wrong. I got the $10 extra AND an extra 20% towards MarioGalaxy (or in yourcase GH3?) what is GH3 anyway?[/quote]

Thanks. Glad to be wrong. :lol:

Guitar Hero 3.

So is it a YMMV situation when it comes to getting the $10 bonus on trading in two games from two different systems (i.e. one Wii game and one Xbox 360 game)?

To aktick:

I keep seeing people mention there being a market for the Network Adapter from the PS2(assuming you have the set up discs, I'm sure), due to people wanting to make their PS2s uhhhhh 'extra special'.

But, don't quote me on that. However, you can expect to get all of probably $1 for it @ GS should you trade it into them. So, you're better off selling it here or on Ebay.

Oh and to the people who gave me info about the PS2, thanks, though I could trade it in as a WORKING system, if the first player controller port worked. Well, that and if I had friggin extra wires for it, which I don't. Well, unless I provide them with an RF adapter. :whistle2:D

Hmmmm....decisions decisions.

i dont think you need the start up disk, i read on some forums (i think even on cag) that any game that goes online has the software on there already. can anyone confirm or deny these allegatoins?

[quote name='RisingZan']So is it a YMMV situation when it comes to getting the $10 bonus on trading in two games from two different systems (i.e. one Wii game and one Xbox 360 game)?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but most places will do it with no problem. I had one store in NYC tell me no, but then another one do it no questions asked, no fiddling with the system.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']To aktick:

I keep seeing people mention there being a market for the Network Adapter from the PS2(assuming you have the set up discs, I'm sure), due to people wanting to make their PS2s uhhhhh 'extra special'.

But, don't quote me on that. However, you can expect to get all of probably $1 for it @ GS should you trade it into them. So, you're better off selling it here or on Ebay.
[/quote]
Cool, thanks. Just looked @ ebay, some people getting upwards of $50+ for just the adapter + disc. :hot:

So I just listed mine there, and just realized I have an extra one w/o disc, so that's going up too. :D

yeah you might do okay on those older 360 games, but the CAGwiki is often outdated and those launch titles likely won't trade in for more than $5. The older PS2 games just forget about it because they all won't break $2 value.

If the fat PS2 is having trouble then give it to gamestop, if it's working okay you still probably won't do much better than $50, considering the slims are going to be $99 soon.

Tiger Woods 2007 (Wii) $11
Sonic (Wii) $10
+ $10
+ $6.20 20% toward SM Galaxy

This wasn't a bad deal for me today...$37 towards SM Galaxy.

[quote name='ChuckyDJ']Not sure if this has been asked (I didn't see it if it was). When trading in a GBA SP do you have to give them a charger for it?[/QUOTE]

yes, charger required.

Called and got a price on a game not updated recently

CoD 3 - 7.00 wiki shows it as $14 last update.

I asked about regular edition not sure if they give more for the newer version or not...

Can you still keep that 20% if you switch to another game? I've done it before but now the site says "Full trade value amount must be applied toward reserve/purchase of title".

Also, the 20% bonus includes the $10 extra, apparently (not just your base trade-in total)? If I could get Gears ($18) + Forza 2 ($15) + $10 + $8.60 = $51.60, (instead of just $43), I wouldn't mind preordering GH3 and then coming back later and switching to Ace Combat 6.

I tried to trade in NBA 2K7 and Madden 07 for 360, but they refuse to give me the extra $10 saying they don't give bonus to sports games. Bollocks.

[quote name='paean']I tried to trade in NBA 2K7 and Madden 07 for 360, but they refuse to give me the extra $10 saying they don't give bonus to sports games. Bollocks.[/quote]

did they ring up over 1$? ive been told by at least 2 guys that that old sports games are ringing up

[quote name='monkeydeew']did they ring up over 1$? ive been told by at least 2 guys that that old sports games are ringing up[/QUOTE]

Yup, Madden was $1, NBA was $3. They won't honor it, it is BS.

[quote name='aktick']Question: When trading in a system (PS2), do you need the box? And how about cords, controllers, etc.? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

You don't need the box but it does require the hookups and 1 controller.

bread's done
Back