EB/GS: Ys Seven Premium, Ys Oath in Felghana Premium, $30

Wagyu

CAGiversary!
I'm not sure when this started, but EB/GS dropped the price on the PREMIUM editions of the Ys games. They're $30 each, which is the same price as the game-only.

Seven is still quite widely available. You can also order it online.

Oath in Felghana is much more scarce. I saw a copy at the GS in the northwest corner of Waterloo, ON.

Pretty sweet deal, IMO. Both games are awesome and there's quite a few bonuses in the premium editions.

Awesome it has been at that price for a month but only in the US. Good that we get it.
Im also sad to see it probably hasnt sold much.

AWESOMe game, kept a sealed copy.

I am so broke right now after buying a certain JP limited edition of a game.... But I really want to pick up Ys Seven. :bomb:

It's currently the same price at Amazon.ca as well.

Just a notice to my friendly neighbors to the north, I thought it was a price drop in the U.S., but I waited too long and now it's back to 49.99 and 39.99 each. I imagine it'll be the same for Canada. Hoping it'll drop again while I can still find a sealed copy.

I might go get that Oath in Felghana after class :)

EDIT: Didn't go for it; decided to get my friend a birthday gift instead lolz

EDIT 2: After my workout, went "fuck it" and bought them both LOL

DSC_0003.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The I go to had dozen of Ys Seven a few weeks ago and there was only 2 left yesterday night.

Apparently it has been at this price for some time, those interested should hurry.

[quote name='thegamecubist']I might go get that Oath in Felghana after class :)

EDIT: Didn't go for it; decided to get my friend a birthday gift instead lolz

EDIT 2: After my workout, went "fuck it" and bought them both LOL

DSC_0003.jpg
[/QUOTE]
Niiiice. Lol I ended up buying it off of Amazon. xD Because I don't want it to ship out yet, I tried to delay it by preordering it with some manga that's not coming out until July, not sure if it's going to work but at least I tried. :lol:

Wild Arms 3 was such a good game. :cool:

I just finished playing through both of these games after picking them up from GS a few weeks ago (in the U.S.). Oath in Felghana is an awesome game but a few of the boss fights are just brutal. Once you start getting used to the attack patterns though it makes the game a lot easier. Overall it has great graphics and voice acting and is a blast to play while it lasts (about 10-12 hours or so).

Ys Seven is hands down one of the best RPGs I have ever played. The story, world, and characters had me attached immediately. The soundtrack in this game is also the best soundtrack I've ever listened to in a game, period. I can't stress enough how amazing this game is. It is a 30hr game and I pretty much played it straight through over a 4 day period...I just couldn't put it down. If you only have enough to grab one, grab Seven as it does everything right and knocks the socks off any other RPG I have played in a long time.

Thanks, Wagyu. I picked up Ys: The Oath in Felghana Premium, at Kingsway Garden Mall in Edmonton.

Gamestop in Kingsway Garden Mall had Ys Seven Premium in-stock, but no Felghana. Good thing there is a EB Games on the other side of the mall, and they had Felghana Premium in-stock.

Both games are amazing (two of the best RPGs of last year, any platform), and you should really get the both as well as the upcoming Ys I and II Chronicles ...but if you're only getting one, Ys Seven is the one you should get (going by the gaming media/message boards will probably tell you otherwise, but I've learned a long time ago that the gaming media and message board dwellers who follow them are ALWAYS wrong about every subject that's commonly discussed - it's just a matter of what degree that they're wrong).

Ys Seven is a better game w/ far better "Premium Edition" contents...but again you should really get them both.

http://www.gamespot.com/psp/rpg/ysiiichronicles/index.html[quote name='GaveUpTomorrow']
Ys Seven is hands down one of the best RPGs I have ever played. The story, world, and characters had me attached immediately. The soundtrack in this game is also the best soundtrack I've ever listened to in a game, period. I can't stress enough how amazing this game is. It is a 30hr game and I pretty much played it straight through over a 4 day period...I just couldn't put it down. If you only have enough to grab one, grab Seven as it does everything right and knocks the socks off any other RPG I have played in a long time.[/QUOTE]

I agree. Definitely the best RPG of 2010 (any platform), and hugely underrated.

The only really thing I hated was the bad dialogue (Oath in Felghana is even worse - most grammatical errors I've seen in a recent game), but that's because piss poor translation - nothing to do with the developers.

The story itself in Ys Seven is one of the better ones in a JRPG.

Well with everyone raving about this I may take a stab at it and snag a copy on Tuesday when I get Bulletstorm + Killzone 3. So is this like a hardcore jRPG with turn-based combat?

[quote name='True Kronic']Both games are amazing (two of the best RPGs of last year, any platform), and you should really get the both as well as the upcoming Ys I and II Chronicles ...but if you're only getting one, Ys Seven is the one you should get (going by the gaming media/message boards will probably tell you otherwise, but I've learned a long time ago that the gaming media and message board dwellers who follow them are ALWAYS wrong about every subject that's commonly discussed - it's just a matter of what degree that they're wrong).

Ys Seven is a better game w/ far better "Premium Edition" contents...but again you should really get them both.

I agree. Definitely the best RPG of 2010 (any platform), and hugely underrated.

The only really thing I hated was the bad dialogue (Oath in Felghana is even worse - most grammatical errors I've seen in a recent game), but that's because piss poor translation - nothing to do with the developers.

The story itself in Ys Seven is one of the better ones in a JRPG.[/QUOTE]

Yes, you should get them both, but if one pick Ys Seven. Much more content for your buck.

Starting to distance myself from the umd format though considering that the ngp won't support it. what game is your avatar from hell monkey?

[quote name='Hell Monkey']I think this sale maybe over. I went Friday to get them and regular version was $29.99 and Premium was $39.99[/QUOTE]
Ys Seven Premium is still $30 on amazon.ca (as noted by TronB earlier).

[quote name='Hell Monkey']I think this sale maybe over. I went Friday to get them and regular version was $29.99 and Premium was $39.99[/QUOTE]

This is the Canadian forum. i thought the same thing until I looked at the region. Sad as I got the Ys Seven LE not knowing if I would like the game but now I want the Ys Oath of Felganna LE but it went back up in price in the US.

Hmm, I checked in-store today and they are both still $29.99. BTW the EB Games in Kitchener next to Costco has both Seven and Oath still.

Anyways, I'm glad to hear a few people have picked up the Ys series. Please, if you own a PSP, BUY THESE GAMES NOW! :D

Pretty solid CE for Ys Seven! Cloth map, soundtrack and art book. These items should be standard on all games (the cloth map not-so-much, but definitely for RPGs!)

[quote name='retro.elite']Does anyone know the retail price of Ys: I & II Chronicles Hair Metal Pack (Premium Edition) at EB/GS?[/QUOTE]

Xseed said on their facebook page that it would not come to Canada. Although that might not be true.

Also looking to know. POed the game but I did not ask for this.

[quote name='ichit4k4_set0']Xseed said on their facebook page that it would not come to Canada. Although that might not be true.

Also looking to know. POed the game but I did not ask for this.[/QUOTE]

What, really? That's lame if true. I preodered on Amazon.ca, assuming the hair metal pack would be a first print run or something, but now I'm not sure if I should switch to VGP.

Edit: Well a quick search on gamefaqs led to to find this topic, it says there won't even be a standard edition?
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/958945-ys-i-and-ii-chronicles/58015806

Yes, all launch copies are the Premium "Hair Metal Pack" Edition. Amazon.ca lists at $29.99 right now, no listing for gamestop.ca as far as I know.

What they said wasn't applicable in Canada was the one-week pre-order special bonus of the Ys Seven artbook or soundtrack or the Felghana soundtrack that ran at US Gamestop 1/07 - 1/14.

Well, i preordered it instore at EB, they say it's coming on tuesday. It's only the preorder bonus that isn't available in canada.

[quote name='Derfel']Yes, all launch copies are the Premium "Hair Metal Pack" Edition. Amazon.ca lists at $29.99 right now, no listing for gamestop.ca as far as I know.

What they said wasn't applicable in Canada was the one-week pre-order special bonus of the Ys Seven artbook or soundtrack or the Felghana soundtrack that ran at US Gamestop 1/07 - 1/14.[/QUOTE]

My bad your right. Sorry I got confused.

I'm pretty certain all UMD copies of Ys I & II Chonicles will be the 'hair metal pack' unless the game miraculously sells enough to warrant a second run.

For those who want to wait, the game will be on sale in just a few months (like the last two), and it'll be the 'hair metal pack' to complete your premium box collections.

[quote name='game_fanatic']Pretty solid CE for Ys Seven! Cloth map, soundtrack and art book. These items should be standard on all games (the cloth map not-so-much, but definitely for RPGs!)[/QUOTE]

Computer gaming from the 80's to ~mid 90s.

Now I'm happy to see a thick full color manual. TDU2 and MvsC3 have nice manuals (last 2 games I got).

[quote name='True Kronic']For those who want to wait, the game will be on sale in just a few months (like the last two), and it'll be the 'hair metal pack' to complete your premium box collections.[/QUOTE]

Wrongo, they're only bringing in as many copies as they get preorders, they've said that since the beginning.

[quote name='Nukkus']Wrongo, they're only bringing in as many copies as they get preorders, they've said that since the beginning.[/QUOTE]

Which simply a PR tactic to sell as many copies as possible.

I've never seen a "limited first run" that you couldn't get a year later. I doubt this'll be the first.

[quote name='True Kronic']Which simply a PR tactic to sell as many copies as possible.

I've never seen a "limited first run" that you couldn't get a year later. I doubt this'll be the first.[/QUOTE]

Whatever you say. Guess Xseed is lying then.

Kronic is actually right but the threshold is hard to predict with the PSP running at the end of his life. This could make a huge difference. I would say it should be on sale 3-4 months from now, but at the same time, they could be conservative and ship very limited quantities and it could be harder to find 3-4 months from now. If it does not go on sale after 3-4 months, it could become much harder to find as time goes on. I would not expect the first print run of this game to be available 1.5 years from now, like previous DS releases have been.

YS Seven has alot of copies shipped, Oath in Felgana had far less. This game is even more niche so take that as you will.

The game will probably disappear fast because of a low print run, so waiting isn't an option, if your an Ys fan.

I've had it pre-ordered since it first came up on amazon.ca, but I also bought Ark of Napishtim (psp) and Legacy of Ys Books I&II (ds) at launch (both are below average action RPGs...but they're Ys).

I was just at the EB Games in Kingston ON, the one in the big box plaza with Best Buy. They still have one sealed copy each of Ys Seven Premium and Ys Oath in Felghana Premium.

And they also said Ys I & II would be in on Friday. Mmmm, I gotta hurry up and finish Tactics Ogre ...

[quote name='Nukkus']hey beef dude, is tactics ogre any good?[/QUOTE]

I played Tactics Ogre for the PS1 and .. I LOVED IT ( rented it off and on from Micro-Play/Gameplay ) i think it has a great story ( especially when a Enemy is almost dead and you persuade them and they join your team ! i don't know why but i get excited when each one joins my army ) I imagine the story is the same just a few slight changes in gameplay, apparently EB Games on Young has a couple copy's in ( just got in today apparently ) which is cool someday i shall own that game... just wish it was for PS1 instead ( which goes for over $100 on Ebay

[quote name='Nukkus']hey beef dude, is tactics ogre any good?[/QUOTE]

Absolutely. Gameplay is similar to FFT (both games were made by the same team, and TO actually comes first). But this remake of TO is just better than FFT in every way. It's less laggy, less grindy, more balanced, more polished, and just more fun to play.

If you're looking for an SRPG for the PSP, I'd recommend either this or Disgaea 2. And if you're looking for an ARPG, go with Ys Seven or Oath in Felghana :D

[quote name='Wagyu']Absolutely. Gameplay is similar to FFT (both games were made by the same team, and TO actually comes first). But this remake of TO is just better than FFT in every way. It's less laggy, less grindy, more balanced, more polished, and just more fun to play.

If you're looking for an SRPG for the PSP, I'd recommend either this or Disgaea 2. And if you're looking for an ARPG, go with Ys Seven or Oath in Felghana :D[/QUOTE]

I've got Disgaea 2, Ys Seven and Felghana already :D
But I'll have to pick up Tactics Ogre then, thanks for the advice!

bread's done
Back