EB Spring Sale

ransom456

CAGiversary!
EB Games Spring Sale. Found this flier in store today. Offers valid 4/16/04 to 5/2/04. Some of these are pretty lame, but maybe you'll find something of interest.

Gamecube
- $10 Mail-in Gift Voucher on the following Gamecube games: Wario World, Harry Potter: CoS, Simpsons Hit & Run, Die Hard: Vendetta, Mat Hoffman Pro BMX 2
- Legenda of Zelda: Four Swords free with trade-in of 5 select GC games.

GBA
- Save $10 on purchase of two of the following GBA games: Advance Wars 2, Metroid Zero Mission, Golden Sun Lost Age, Yoshi's Island.
- $5 mail-in gift voucher w/ purchase of one of the following GBA games: Dareddevil, Quad Desert Fury, Battlebots: Design and Destiny, Banjo Kazooie: Grunty's revenge
- Free E-reader card w/ GC or GBA purchase
- Pre-played GBA SP $54.99 after trade-in of working GBA

PS2
- $10 mail-in gift voucher w/ purchase of following for PS2: DBZ: Budokai 2, Tomb Raider: AoD, iType Controller
- Spawn, I-Ninja, R:Racng Evolution (PS2) for $14.99 each
- $5 off instantly on MLB 2005 for PS2

Xbox
- $10 mail-in gift voucher w/ purchase of following Xbox games: Toca Race Driver 2, Tenchu: Return from Darkness (free t-shirt online), Goblin Commander, Hunter the Reckoning Redeemer, Counter Strike, Silent Scope Complete

PC deals
- $10 off instantly on Counter Strike Condition Zero
- Free Divine Divinity w/ pre purchase of Beyond Divinity
- Battlefield Vietnam $19.99 after $20 mail-in gift voucher. - use code FREE3DAY for free shipping
- 15% off Pre-played games (PC only)
- Save 30% on City of Heroes Guide w/ purchase of game

Multiple Systems/Other
- Logitech Elite PS2/PC keyboard for $9.99 after $20 mail-in gift voucher
- Free Max Payne w/ purchase of GTA double pack (PS2 or Xbox)
- Tony Hawk Underground (PS2, GC, Xbox) $29.99
- True Crime: Streets of LA (PS2, GC, Xbox) $29.99

- $5 off instantly on Game Dr.
- Pre-played N64 $9.99 w/ purchase of N64 game
- Buy two pre-played PSone games, get free pre-played PS one memory card
- Pre-played Super Nintendo, Genesis, or NES games: buy 1 get 1 free
- $2 off pre-played dvd movies
- Free extra controller w/ purchase of pre-played Dreamcast system

[quote name='ransom456']
- Pre-played N64 $9.99 w/ purchase of N64 game
[/quote]

sounds interesting, i might wanna pick one up.

that trade 5 for legend of zelda deal is pretty lame, u can only trade in gc games and u have to have 5. pfff

Saving 10 on two GBA games is nive. My BB's are out of advance wars and golden sun. Now I can still grab them for $15 a piece without the GGC.

[quote name='Smokeytb'][quote name='ransom456']
- 15% off Pre-played games (PC only)
[/quote]

is there a coupon code for that or is it B&M?[/quote]

I'm pretty sure they don't sell pre-played PC games on their website.

The buy-one-get-one on older games is nice, just wish I had known it was coming the other night when I picked up RC Pro-Am. Ah well, might be time to grab that original Final Fantasy now. ;)

[quote name='regisphilbi0']Wow. $30 for both AW 2 and Golden Sun: Lost age? VERY tempting...[/quote]

Exactly...I didn't even like the first Golden Sun and I'm still thinking of picking up the sequel, just to see how it ends. :D

Yoshi's Island is also tempting, though...I've never played it through, and I'd love to do it someday.

I might just have to do that $10 mail-in voucher for Counter-Strike. I'm getting Xbox Live Friday so I'll want some more games to play on it.

I was thinking about getting ToCA Race Driver 2 for the Xbox, and the $10 gift voucher seems like more incentive to get it. But I've been burned by EB on the gift voucher thing before. I was supposed to have recieved a $20 gift voucher from Super Mario Sunshine back in July. Did everything they said, even damaged the back of the game's insert to get the UPC code to them. Got NOTHING. So I don't know if I would want to take a chance with them again to get another voucher or not. Guess it couldn't hurt, since the price of the game is the same as everywhere else.

[quote name='argyle']The buy-one-get-one on older games is nice, just wish I had known it was coming the other night when I picked up RC Pro-Am. Ah well, might be time to grab that original Final Fantasy now. ;)[/quote]

I used that to get 4 snes games, mortal combat 3, xmen mutant something, art of fighting, and super gameboy.

[quote name='BlueStorm781']I was thinking about getting ToCA Race Driver 2 for the Xbox, and the $10 gift voucher seems like more incentive to get it. But I've been burned by EB on the gift voucher thing before. I was supposed to have recieved a $20 gift voucher from Super Mario Sunshine back in July. Did everything they said, even damaged the back of the game's insert to get the UPC code to them. Got NOTHING. So I don't know if I would want to take a chance with them again to get another voucher or not. Guess it couldn't hurt, since the price of the game is the same as everywhere else.[/quote]

Just remember to make copies of everything you send them and call them up to make sure they ever got it. I've had this happen before and as long as I can provide a copy for proof, they'll still honor the deal.

Jeremy

Beware of the $10 vouchers. Unless you get a free shipping deal, you lose minimum $2 getting your game shipped and minimum $2 getting your voucher item shipped.

So they are really only worth $6, and that's if you take the crappy shipping. The $5 off at Best Buy is better.

So is this online or in store?...And I was wondering...I can buy a two dollar game and get the N64 for 10$ and then return the 2$ game? Would this be possible? I could make a steal on ebay with this!

[quote name='karmapolice620']So is this online or in store?...And I was wondering...I can buy a two dollar game and get the N64 for 10$ and then return the 2$ game? Would this be possible? I could make a steal on ebay with this![/quote]

The N64 game has to be $7.99 or more.

The keyboard (which I am using right now! :D ) isn't wireless, but it kicks ass. Also, the deal is online and in-store (make sure you pick up the coupon book though for the coupon). Go pick up the keyboard now, it's awesome.

I'm collecting e-rader cards so I'm wondering if you know what card they are giving out? Is this on their website?

I picked up TOCA at my local EB yesterday. Awesome racing title. The mail-in voucher I have mentions nothing of the UPC code. It just wants the original sales receipt along with the rebate form. This title is well worth the $29.99. A steal at $19.99 after the rebate.

[quote name='hohndog']I picked up TOCA at my local EB yesterday. Awesome racing title. The mail-in voucher I have mentions nothing of the UPC code. It just wants the original sales receipt along with the rebate form. This title is well worth the $29.99. A steal at $19.99 after the rebate.[/quote]

Agreed! Except the $19.99 part, you are still paying $29.99, but it is 10 bux off your next purchase :)

Toca is a great game, I am having alot of fun with it. I hear it is awesome on Live, I need to get a free sub :)

[quote name='karmapolice620']what code do I put in for the n64 online?...I dont want to pay tax because it will be insane...So what the code?[/quote]

They charge sales tax online now.

I've got a question about the Four Swords trade in deal and the EB trade in deals in general. It says 5 select GC games. Does that mean any games other than specifically excluded ones, like the sports games, ultra crap, etc. I don't supposed there's an online list?

Also wondering if the games are excluded if they were previously owned from another store before you got them....if they have sticker glue marks, etc. are they excluded? Probably silly questions but I rarely trade in games.....

the zelda deal when I looked at it a week back was 5 any non-sport titles, i don't think POX included. Don't hold me to that though

Anyone know of any supercheap GC games out there that would make the free zelda four swords a good deal?

Picked up golden sun 2 and advance wars 2 for 30 bucks. In my eyes a great deal for ive been meaning to get these for a while.

[quote name='Vtdgnca']Tomb Raider mail in rebate 10 for ps2? hmm thats basically getting the game free[/quote]

yeah no joke, id give it a try for free...

i picked up the n64 for 9.99 guy gave me a free expansion pack, but it didn't come with a controller he said the deal isn't for one, but it's cool cause i already had some

I wish the EB stores over here (Portland, OR) still sold SNES games. Oh well, at least there are still a lot of other places that sell SNES here.

bread's done
Back