Ebay Bing Cash Back 20% - Perfect for buying games!

accordtypek

CAG Veteran
Feedback
1 (100%)
search nintendo or roomba(anything) I ordered a brand new psp go for only 200.00($50 off from the 20%) Of course, the downside is you have to wait 2 months for your cashback. But totally worth it.

[quote name='smashngrab77']showing 8% now for me[/QUOTE]

Huh. Still showing 15% for me -- just ordered one more item. I need to stop now before I spend too much money! ;)

It's showing 8% on me too :(

Edit - Like what the poster above me said, search Nintendo Wii to get 15%, bummer I want the 20% one :(

it just got changed. I was about to pull the trigger on a tv but the 10% coupon didn't work. So disappointed. It was right at my sweet spot too...

Yeah, I'm only seeing 8% now as well. :cry: Too bad, I was just getting ready to buy a few things. Hopefully, this will go back up in the next couple days.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']I am very new to Bing and when I look at the Bing stores in shopping it tells me that it's 8%. I am looking for a new home theater receiver and I've never used bing before so any help in how to get this 20% back from eBay (if it is still applicable) would be great.[/QUOTE]

Search the help on Bing next time:

http://www.bing.com/shopping/pages/faq.aspx?FORM=R5FD3

"Tip for eBay users: Shopping with cashback on eBay is a little different than you'd normally shop on eBay. Use Bing to find the item first and then click through to that item on eBay. Make sure the cashback symbol is visible throughout the entire purchase process. Once you make your purchase on eBay, you'll receive an email from eBay asking you to complete the signup process for your cashback account. See eBay's terms for cashback."

Same here bought an HP dv6-1350us for $484 after Bing(20%), ebaybucks(2%) and credit card (1%). and bing was in my paypal account within 5 minutes. Like the ones that don't make you wait 60 days.

It does appear to be 8% again - cashbackr.com is showing some 15% search terms, but all of the ones I tried gave 8% anyway. Too bad, but maybe it will be back. Glad I got one purchase in.

[quote name='elkanich']Got a new laptop last night and got the 20% instantly in my paypal account.

Thanks op![/QUOTE]

Hmm... is there a reason why it wouldn't show up instantly in my paypal account after I made my purchase from ebay? I still get the same message from bing telling me that the cb will be available in 60 days.

[quote name='bakutenten']Hmm... is there a reason why it wouldn't show up instantly in my paypal account after I made my purchase from ebay? I still get the same message from bing telling me that the cb will be available in 60 days.[/QUOTE]

Its completely random in my experiences with large or small amounts of cashback.

I'm pretty sure that the 60 day waiting period is so that they can be certain that you don't return the item after they give you the cashback. Why they make you wait 60 days sometimes and give it instantly at others (or how they determine which they're doing), though, I really have no idea. If you check on your Bing cahsback account, it will tell you how many days you have left until it will be available, and they also email you a notice when it becomes available to claim or they apply it to your PayPal account.

I am very annoyed with eBay/PayPal. I've been with eBay since 1998 and PayPal since it was created (or soon after). Bing was showing 20% and the coupon showed it as working for the receiver I wanted. I placed the order and it said the coupon didn't work so I called PayPal to ask questions and I gave up because they said I never actually got it and it was meant for clothing, they cannot do anything about it.

They then transferred me to eBay support and he said that there was no Bing on it and they have a way of knowing if it applies. I said that can't be because I saw it listed at the top for 20% and before the final purchase page (where the 10% coupon was listed as working) it said $45 (or something) off from bing. He said something like "I guess you read it wrong"

At this point I asked if he could cancel the purchase because I would not have bought it if I knew the 30% off wouldn't work, even though eBay itself showed me that it was. He said I would need to contact the seller to do that and I just said "OK bye" and hung up extremely annoyed.

Thankfully the seller has a 800 number for support so I called and they were very understandable and canceled the sale. It's sad when another company has to correct eBay's mistakes and does it much faster and nicer than eBay.

Just a bit of warning for everyone. If the coupon says it works it may not work at time of purchase.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']
Just a bit of warning for everyone. If the coupon says it works it may not work at time of purchase.[/QUOTE]
Yes, sorry about that, but it's extremely YMMV with the coupon, but there is a way to confirm you have the coupon on account before you checkout. Unless you find the coupon in your email, there's only one way to properly check if you have that coupon on your account (with buy-it-now auctions requiring immediate payment because it logs you into paypal, and simply don't finalize the transaction). Otherwise, simply using the coupon code will register a false positive because you're not yet logged into Paypal; once you log into Paypal, it will note your have no coupon on record and remove it.

And regarding clothing-restrictions: according to the email, the coupon is restricted to clothing, boots, and accessories. However, many people like myself have used them on electronics (gaming systems and the like) without issue.

Also, the coupon is one time use.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Thankfully the seller has a 800 number for support so I called and they were very understandable and canceled the sale. It's sad when another company has to correct eBay's mistakes and does it much faster and nicer than eBay.[/QUOTE]

Its not ebay's fault the paypal coupon, that you DIDNT RECEIVE, wouldnt work. You sound nieve, so its no surprise the CSR was so brief with you.

And i'm sorry, but you've been on ebay that long and you think they can cancel transactions between you and the seller outright without any input from said seller? Heres some rolling eyes for you :roll:

The cancel transaction option is there for the sellers to use for a reason, because its at their discretion.

[quote name='qwerty1']Its not ebay's fault the paypal coupon, that you DIDNT RECEIVE, wouldnt work. You sound nieve, so its no surprise the CSR was so brief with you.

And i'm sorry, but you've been on ebay that long and you think they can cancel transactions between you and the seller outright without any input from said seller? Heres some rolling eyes for you :roll:

The cancel transaction option is there for the sellers to use for a reason, because its at their discretion.[/QUOTE]

Where did he say that he expected ebay to cancel the order?? He said he contacted the seller. Heres some rolling eyes for you :roll:

[quote name='Layd Dly']Where did he say that he expected ebay to cancel the order?? He said he contacted the seller. Heres some rolling eyes for you :roll:[/QUOTE]

Um, he actually did ask ebay to cancel the purchase. Unless I'm reading it wrong?

"At this point I asked if he could cancel the purchase because I would not have bought it if I knew the 30% off wouldn't work, even though eBay itself showed me that it was. He said I would need to contact the seller to do that and I just said "OK bye" and hung up extremely annoyed."

[quote name='arcane93']I'm pretty sure that the 60 day waiting period is so that they can be certain that you don't return the item after they give you the cashback. Why they make you wait 60 days sometimes and give it instantly at others (or how they determine which they're doing), though, I really have no idea. If you check on your Bing cahsback account, it will tell you how many days you have left until it will be available, and they also email you a notice when it becomes available to claim or they apply it to your PayPal account.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I used it twice yesterday; both were the exact same item. The first order gave me instant cashback with the other including the standard 60-day wait. Not sure why.

[quote name='ohboy10451']what is the expiration date?[/QUOTE]
The 10% coupon expires 12/14/09 (if that applies to you).

Bing Cashback randomly goes up and down during the winter season. No one knows how long the percentages will last. Cashback can be instant or 60 days from purchase (somewhat random).

I'm glad I made 2 purchases last night while it was still 20% and not hesitating. I had cashback added to my account with 15 minutes of each purchase, unfortunately neither of them were instant cashback. I've only had instant cashback on one single purchase. Oh well, I'll have a surprise in my PayPal account come February.

[quote name='arcane93']I'm pretty sure that the 60 day waiting period is so that they can be certain that you don't return the item after they give you the cashback. Why they make you wait 60 days sometimes and give it instantly at others (or how they determine which they're doing), though, I really have no idea. If you check on your Bing cahsback account, it will tell you how many days you have left until it will be available, and they also email you a notice when it becomes available to claim or they apply it to your PayPal account.[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing the reason they want to hold off on paying you the cashback for 60 days has more to do with wanting 2 months to invest the money that would otherwise go to you right away. The possibility of instant cashback is probably an incentive to the buyer to make a purchase, with the hope that the cashback will be instant this time. Likely playing the lottery - most of the time you lose and they get to keep your money for an extra 2 months.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']I am very annoyed with eBay/PayPal. I've been with eBay since 1998 and PayPal since it was created (or soon after). Bing was showing 20% and the coupon showed it as working for the receiver I wanted. I placed the order and it said the coupon didn't work so I called PayPal to ask questions and I gave up because they said I never actually got it and it was meant for clothing, they cannot do anything about it.

Just a bit of warning for everyone. If the coupon says it works it may not work at time of purchase.[/QUOTE]

I see these "coupons" all the time for Paypal; especially on retailmenot.com. Some advice - don't expect them to work. They are tied to specific accounts. They are only sent to specific individuals. I have been with Paypal for years and I have *never* received one.

I will admit it's kind of heartbreaking: "YES, it worked..." followed by "awww man...where'd it go? :(".

On-topic: I missed another one...argh....

So is there a reason why I would click through from Bing's ad and not see Cashback at the top of eBay? I wan to buy something but the logo isn't there and I'd prefer to get my measly 8% since I shop infrequently on eBay...

bread's done
Back