eBay Buy a $90 GameStop Gift Card, Get a $10 Bonus FREE (Mail Delivery)

whirir.. I'm still waiting to get mine. Multiple people getting $140 on a card that should be $100, too... how weird.

Can trade credit be used to buy a GS gift card and the GS gift card used to buy eBay GC? I'm so sad the gravy train is drying up.

Wasn't as lucky as some of you with my 5 cards. They were only worth 100 each. The good news is I had no issue converting back to ebay cards today up here in PA.

Still waiting on my 2 cards to show up. Estimated delivery was from the 9-14th. Hoping to get lucky. I got an email saying they accidentally printed $60 Gamestop Gift Card on paper they put behind them, anybody else get this?

I got it too. At a glance it seems those that ordered one got a $140 card while those that ordered 5 got the regular $100 amount. But the sample size is too small as of yet to say for sure.

I got it too. At a glance it seems those that ordered one got a $140 card while those that ordered 5 got the regular $100 amount. But the sample size is too small as of yet to say for sure.
It's also possible the timing of how they loaded up the gift cards. If they were fulfilling orders that had quantities of 5 at a time, it seems like the employee did their job. Whoever fulfilled the single quantity items might have screwed up and improperly loaded the $60 sheet with $100 and due to the internal miscommunication about the $40 double dipped the value to $140 again. I ordered two so I'm still waiting for mine as of yesterday.

It's also possible the timing of how they loaded up the gift cards. If they were fulfilling orders that had quantities of 5 at a time, it seems like the employee did their job. Whoever fulfilled the single quantity items might have screwed up and improperly loaded the $60 sheet with $100 and due to the internal miscommunication about the $40 double dipped the value to $140 again. I ordered two so I'm still waiting for mine as of yesterday.
Thank you for the double dip, Cardency. Let's hope you share the love to as many CAGs as possible. ;)

Is there any way for them to alter the amount of the gift cards now that they are in our control?  I'm wondering if I should rush out and get them converted to eBay tonight.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there any way for them to alter the amount of the gift cards now that they are in our control? I'm wondering if I should rush out and get them converted to eBay tonight.
I thought converted Gamestop gift cards to any other cards is blocked the registers now. Is it just an update that is starting to roll out?

I thought converted Gamestop gift cards to any other cards is blocked the registers now. Is it just an update that is starting to roll out?
Some stores still let you do it, but its only a matter of time before its blocked everywhere so I would convert any unwanted credit asap.

Is anyone still waiting on their order?  I ordered on the 5th and still haven't received my gift cards.  Getting ready to file a complaint through Ebay.

Just got both of my cards, $100 on both just as advertised. O well.
Deals as advertised! THE DISAPPOINTMENT.

Surprisingly, I was able to still buy eBay Gift Cards at a GameStop even though last time I went the associate mentioned they were told no longer to. Different store, but maybe their manager didn't care enough to tell them.

Deals as advertised! THE DISAPPOINTMENT.

Surprisingly, I was able to still buy eBay Gift Cards at a GameStop even though last time I went the associate mentioned they were told no longer to. Different store, but maybe their manager didn't care enough to tell them.
Well when a group of people how got the same deal report getting more than advertised a certain amount of excitement does build up....

Man I wonder if someone, somewhere out there that got in on one of the 1500 cards ordered 5 and got $140 on all of them... Bet it would be the ultimate geek out.

I was hoping to find my gift cards in the mail today, but nope! I don't think the customer service over @ Cardency is being honest about when they actually shipped out the cards. First class mail can't take this long. I'm thinking about just opening up a case and getting a refund.

I was hoping to find my gift cards in the mail today, but nope! I don't think the customer service over @ Cardency is being honest about when they actually shipped out the cards. First class mail can't take this long. I'm thinking about just opening up a case and getting a refund.
I got mine today. Says 07/08/2016 and arrived 07/15/2016. Ordered 07/04/2016, but I think it actually shipped out on the 11th since it says MPLS MN 554 JUL-11-2016 (does this really come from MN instead of OR?) on the top in some black ink print.

I doubt you'll get a refund at this point, though. I cancelled an order once but it was within an hour or maybe a day and they granted it. They've probably already mailed yours at this point, but maybe if you don't scratch the strip off you can..

Did you actually ask when they shipped your item or are you just going by the ebay status of an item being marked as shipped?

edit: posting problems...

I think wait till Monday, if it doesn't arrive by then send them a message. Sometimes mail can get delayed for random reasons, yes even regular letter mail. I did just receive mine today, so I'm sure you will either get it tomorrow / Monday.

I just got my two gift cards today. I live in CA and Cardency shipped out of OR. So keep that distance/time in mind that your gift card should be coming soon. I'm sure you'll get it, it's just a matter of time. The wait depends on the USPS sorting route. Some hubs are faster than others. I got $100 on each card (the dream is dead for me). I think if it wasn't for the extra $40 glitch for random orders, we all wouldn't be as impatient. I usually never care about the delivery dates for my orders but the reports for the bonus $40 glitch had me checking my mail everyday lol.

Anyone who had a balance of $140 on their card might want to double check that balance before assuming it's still there.

I bought one card from them and it ended up with a balance of $140 on it when I received it on Wednesday.  I used it for one order on GS.com for $91.33 and should have a balance of $48.67 on it from that $91.33 transaction.

I just checked the balance on it now as I was going to make another order on GS.com and it was showing a balance of $8.67.  So, this "bonus" of $40 seems to have magic'd itself off of my card.    I'd bet Cardency did something to drop the balance back down to the $100 it should have been and if they did it to me, I'm sure they did it to everyone else. 

Yea, I guess it was a good idea to use it as soon as you got it for those people who got the $140. I didn't know they could magic points off a card like that. That also means that there could have been more people with $140 but with the longer shipping times they had time to change the amount on the cards before we received it. I know I was one of the ones that got it later than a good number of people.

I got mine today. Says 07/08/2016 and arrived 07/15/2016. Ordered 07/04/2016, but I think it actually shipped out on the 11th since it says MPLS MN 554 JUL-11-2016 (does this really come from MN instead of OR?) on the top in some black ink print.
I doubt you'll get a refund at this point, though. I cancelled an order once but it was within an hour or maybe a day and they granted it. They've probably already mailed yours at this point, but maybe if you don't scratch the strip off you can..
Did you actually ask when they shipped your item or are you just going by the ebay status of an item being marked as shipped?
edit: posting problems...
Yes, I've been communicating with them via the ebay messaging system. They said that they shipped it last week. If I see stamp dates on the envelope from this week I'm going to be pissed lol

I wanted to file as never received and then file for a refund. I once purchased a $25 AMC gc from another seller. It was Christmas time and I never received it. I filed a case and I received my money back. Around the same time, they had shipped a replacement card. I kept tabs on the card. They eventually removed all the value from the card.

I think wait till Monday, if it doesn't arrive by then send them a message. Sometimes mail can get delayed for random reasons, yes even regular letter mail. I did just receive mine today, so I'm sure you will either get it tomorrow / Monday.
Will do. Thanks for the advice

I just got my two gift cards today. I live in CA and Cardency shipped out of OR. So keep that distance/time in mind that your gift card should be coming soon. I'm sure you'll get it, it's just a matter of time. The wait depends on the USPS sorting route. Some hubs are faster than others. I got $100 on each card (the dream is dead for me). I think if it wasn't for the extra $40 glitch for random orders, we all wouldn't be as impatient. I usually never care about the delivery dates for my orders but the reports for the bonus $40 glitch had me checking my mail everyday lol.
Lol same here. I've been checking before I leave and after I come home. I'm in SoCal so hopefully I receive it today. Last time that I ordered from them I received the cards by the end of the week. And I really want to take advantage of the Netflix deal that GS is running.

Yea, I guess it was a good idea to use it as soon as you got it for those people who got the $140. I didn't know they could magic points off a card like that. That also means that there could have been more people with $140 but with the longer shipping times they had time to change the amount on the cards before we received it. I know I was one of the ones that got it later than a good number of people.
I can confirm that balances are wiped. I had $12 left on mine and I just checked via the automated phone number...I now have a big $0.00. Oh, well.

I sent Cardency a nice email via eBay, since they were more than up-front in letting us know about the "no, it's not $60, it's $100" issue, though they assume we're not going to notice $40 gone from the card?  If they made a second mistake, they should have said the same thing up-front, even if it was after them removing the $40.   If they made a mistake, even one in my favor, and they need to correct it, they should be as communicative about it each time, not some sneaky shit behind the scenes. 

If I had just placed a GS.com order with stuff that hadn't shipped out yet and they de-funded the card $40, part of all of the order may have been cancelled.  GS.com isn't the greatest about pulling money from a gift card balance at the time of order, sometimes, it takes them until the item ships for the money to come out, possibly a day or two later.   I know I've had issues with doing multiple orders on a GS GC and had GS make a mistake on one of the orders for pulling money out of a GC and having stuff getting screwed up with the orders. 

I can confirm that balances are wiped. I had $12 left on mine and I just checked via the automated phone number...I now have a big $0.00. Oh, well.
Well it's good to know they have the power to make changes on gift cards are they're sent. For future reference, spend asap. I thought you guys were just being dramatic when you went to cash it in immediately lol.

Now I'm glad I went out and spent the $280 on eBay GCs yesterday. What a dick move by cardency.
I'm really not sure how you can say it's a dick move for them to not give you free money and fix the gift card to the correct amount promised. Strange world we live in.

Well it's good to know they have the power to make changes on gift cards are they're sent. For future reference, spend asap. I thought you guys were just being dramatic when you went to cash it in immediately lol.

I'm really not sure how you can say it's a dick move for them to not give you free money and fix the gift card to the correct amount promised. Strange world we live in.
Altering the gift card balance when the gift cards are already in consumers' hands without informing them is a dick move.

No, the dick move is to remove the "extra" $40 without letting anyone know about it. They were all more than up-front with letting people know there might have been an issue with the GCs showing a $60 value when it was really $100, as they'd get no end of crap in making mistakes like that. However, when it's a mistake in our favor that they didn't let us know about with the extra $40, they should have done the same up-front notification about it. Even if they did it after the fact, it wouldn't have been a dick move on their part, though still semi-shady. Not letting anyone know about it at all and fixing it on the sly, that's 100% dick move and super-shady.

I'll avoid them in the future since it's clear they can manipulate GC values without any type of notifications in any way, which is super-shady in itself. They could have sent out cards and claimed I used it without me having any way to defend myself that I wouldn't have any supporting evidence to the contrary.

bread's done
Back