Ebay Score! $480 PS3 60GB!

forgrim

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
I was giddy as hell over this so decided to post in this forum...I bid for this monstrosity at 520 dollars max with 20 dollars shipping on Ebay (includes Resistance) and someone out bid me at 550 dollars. However, the person that outbid me flaked out, so I was offered second chance over the weekend. However, Second chance is only for a day, and since i was out all saturday, I did not receive the email about Second chance until Sunday, when it was too late.

I was disheartened, so sent an email to the seller asking if she'd offer the second chance again, and she did, but waived the shipping so that it was a flat 520. I jumped at the offer, and now await the PS3 to be sent! I'm not a big fan of FPS, so will probably offer the unopened Resistance to CAGs or just EBAY it.

That is, of course, that the deal goes through and I actually receive the package! The seller had a 100% rating with 60 feedback so i'm not worried, but I covered all my bases by using my credit card (i'm a highly approved individual so I have tons of protection). Hope she doesn't send me rocks in a PS3 box :(

Man someone on craigslist like 20 minutes from me had a 60gb w/3 games +2nd controller for 450... I'm just flat broke :/

Nice. Got the system for closer to the price it SHOULD be at retail. $400.

[quote name='jer7583']Nice. Got the system for closer to the price it SHOULD be at retail. $400.[/QUOTE]
Blu Ray Player: $500
PS2: $100
PS1: $25
DVD Player: $25
This means the PS3 and Resistence was -$130. He made a profit off of buying it :)

Nice--I got a 60GB from a friend for $300 a couple weeks ago, and I was just as excited. Well done. Hope everything goes well with the deal.

[quote name='TheOne06']So how is a $520 deal turn into a $480? Are you putting the value of the game at $40? good deal non the less[/quote]
yeah, a brand new unopened resistance sells for about 40-45 dollars on ebay, so that's where you get the final price from.

edit: i'm also excited since i've never had a ps2/ps1 so i can try to replay the oldest games possible...starting with god of war.

[quote name='DrFoo']Blu Ray Player: $500
This means the PS3 and Resistence was -$130. He made a profit off of buying it :)[/quote]

Only a hardcore Sony fanboy would type something that lame...

Sorry if anyone takes it as a personal attack but its true. Thats just weak.

[quote name='georox']Only a hardcore Sony fanboy would type something that lame...

Sorry if anyone takes it as a personal attack but its true. Thats just weak.[/QUOTE]
lol I was just joking... simmer down...
But honestly I thought people had realized by now that the PS3 is worth it for what you get. It doesn't have too many great games yet but in time I'm sure it will...
And $520 is a good deal... considering the 20gb would be $550 after taxes here without a game.

This means the PS3 and Resistence was -$130. He made a profit off of buying it :)[/quote]
Sweet analysis. :shock:

:lol: I'll take that as the joke it was clearly meant to be.

$600 is still $600 no matter how you slice it. And $600 is too much for something that's a gaming device, and a poor one so far, at that.

The 360, PS2, and DS consoles provide such a better value for your money, by comparison.

[quote name='jer7583']And $600 is too much for something that's a gaming device[/quote]

The above posted by someone who was NEVER a PC gamer.

[quote name='Puffa469']Yeah but a PC is sooo much more useful. Not only can it play games, but it can also download pr0n and music!!![/quote]

secondjc2.jpg

[quote name='guinaevere']The above posted by someone who was NEVER a PC gamer.[/QUOTE]

A PC is not a gaming device first and foremost. And NO, I haven't ever been a PC gamer (Since I'm a mac owner, but I can play fallout and blizzard games so I'm happy), for that exact reason, it costs too damn much. You show me someone who bought a top of the line PC for just gaming, and I'll show you someone who has way too much money to blow.

Yea I'll be honest I never know whos joking, I actually have friends that diehard of a Sony lover they would fight to the death for reasoning like that >_>

I tried PC gaming... cost way to much. Then again I also won't buy a PS3 for the same reason.

[quote name='jer7583']$600 is still $600 no matter how you slice it. And $600 is too much for something that's a gaming device, and a poor one so far, at that.

The 360, PS2, and DS consoles provide such a better value for your money, by comparison.[/quote]

A PS3 is only $100 more than a 360. For that, you get a Blu-ray player, backwards compatability with PS1/PS2 games, and the games are in blu-ray, so you get HD quality games as well as the ability to hold more content.

Also, anyone who buys a Hd-dvd player for their 360 and still says the PS3 is too expensive is a hippocrite, because it's a worse deal then getting a PS3.

Will people ever get tired of complaining about the price of the PS3. If it is too much than go get a job that pays better. It is a lot of money but it is not like the 360 is some bargain especially since i for 1 have gone through 4 of them (thank god for a warranty). I love my PS3 and before the morons that like to use the word fanboy start to post, I have all 3 systems and like all of them. OP good find on your PS3 that was a great deal.

[quote name='sociopharm02']Will people ever get tired of complaining about the price of the PS3. If it is too much than go get a job that pays better. It is a lot of money but it is not like the 360 is some bargain especially since i for 1 have gone through 4 of them (thank god for a warranty). I love my PS3 and before the morons that like to use the word fanboy start to post, I have all 3 systems and like all of them. OP good find on your PS3 that was a great deal.[/quote]

Nope; there's this guy at work and he complains about it every day. He should get a job that pays better, AND GET OUT OF MY FACE!

The low-end PS3 might only be 100 more than the 360, and I also haven't bought the HD player yet as I see no reason to when my entrie collection is in DVD format and I don't intend on rebuying hundreds of DVDs.

[quote name='georox']Only a hardcore Sony fanboy would type something that lame...

Sorry if anyone takes it as a personal attack but its true. Thats just weak.[/quote]

you're kidding right? xbox 360: $400, HD DVD add on: $200. yeah, the PS3 is a deal.

As I said I never bought the HD addon, as it doesn't help playing games. Also, why pay even more premium prices for movies? Bluray and HD cost way to much compared to DVD. I figured someone would beat me to the punch on the game selection to =P

[quote name='toldawg128']A PS3 is only $100 more than a 360. For that, you get a Blu-ray player, backwards compatability with PS1/PS2 games, and the games are in blu-ray, so you get HD quality games as well as the ability to hold more content.

Also, anyone who buys a Hd-dvd player for their 360 and still says the PS3 is too expensive is a hippocrite, because it's a worse deal then getting a PS3.[/quote]

Basic math: $399.99 Xbox 360 Premium + $199.99 HD-DVD drive= $599.98(+tax)

Playstation 3(premium, since we know like the 'core' 360 that buying anything less than the high end model 'gimps' your gaming experience) $599.99(+tax)

Hmm, so before tax, the total is in Microsofts' favor already. Sure, you have the following for the PS3 that the 360 can't do or can't do completely:

HD movie playback: +1 for Sony(but really, IS it time for a new high def dvd format yet? I don't think so.)

Backward compatability with many PS1/PS2 titles(soon to be compromised by the release of a second gen PS3 with only software BC via emulation?)

Honestly, if you take away the Blu-Ray movie playing AND the BC, which may well be suspect soon due to Sony releasing a new version PS3 with the same type of BC seen in the 360, then Sony could drop their price to that of the 360 and be evenly matched on price.

And, that's even assuming you'll EVER use EITHER for movie playback of ANY kind, so if you took that away you'd have....oh wait, you CAN'T with the PS3.

Which, imo, gives a +1 to the 360 for not forcing hd movie playback on us.

It also lowers the 360's price back to the premiums' price point of $399.99. And while MS seems to have contracted Sony's curse from last gen with faulty hardware, they STILL are ONLY $100 over last gens pricing for MY gaming needs. However, I still don't own ANY 'next gen' systems and won't till they all have multiple price drops.

i didn't intend for this to become a ps3 vs. xbox 360 thread hahaha...i personally haven't had a video game system since i was like 12 years old (go go snes) so now that i work and make good money, i've been buying up everything [wii, and now my recently just recieved ps3, go go 2 day mail].

i love the 360 (borrowed a friend's to play gears of war) but the singlehanded reason i didn't buy the system was...the cd drive. never in my life have i heard a cd drive louder than the 360's. Half the time I was playing GoW, i was afraid the system was about to blow up.

edit: and i would've waited for a price drop on the PS3, but the whole scare fest of backwards compatibilty getting borked to shit made me act...not to mention, i got a near 20-25% off the system, and i'm not so sure a pricedrop would've covered that when it's inclusive of tax.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Basic math: $399.99 Xbox 360 Premium + $199.99 HD-DVD drive= $599.98(+tax)

Playstation 3(premium, since we know like the 'core' 360 that buying anything less than the high end model 'gimps' your gaming experience) $599.99(+tax)[/QUOTE]
Actually it doesn't gimp your gaming experience at all. Only difference is HDD size, wi-fi, and card readers. Last I checked you don't need any of that to play a game.

update: the game came in less than spic and span condition (it was used, strangely, and the PS3 was brand new not even opened), so i managed to negotiate myself a 25 dollar refund. so i got it for 495 combined, and if i sell the game, i can easily get 30-35 dollars so its like getting a 60gber for like 465ish!

bread's done
Back