EBgames B&M Trade deals 8/29-10/2

bluenatas09

CAGiversary!
VOM Trades.
Trade 3 select PS2/Xbox/GC games and recieve $30 towards pre-purchase of Halo 2, Limitend Halo 2 or Forza.

One per customer. Boxes and instructions required. While supplies last. Not Valid on previous purchases. No Substitutions. No Rainchecks. 8/2-10/2

AND

The more you Trade, the more you're Paid
Trade 3 games in and recieve a extra $10 to total
Trade 4 games in and recieve a extra $15 to total
Trade 5 games in and recieve a extra $20 to total.

No Exclusions! No same titles. Must purchase something, no credit or cash will be given.

Normally I'd say the "more you trade, more you're paid" deal isn't the best....BUT it does say in little print that theres NO exceptions. So here's the perfect chance to get rid of some of those crappy POX titles or old sports titles that are taking up space.

******************** DaPhatty Edit *******************

Here are the OFFICIAL rules for each trade-in special. I copied these from the EBGames website. Click Here if you want to see the webpage for yourself.

The More you Trade, the More You're Paid - $10 bonus trade-in Expires 10/2/2004
Trade-in 3 select pre-played PS2/XB/GC games and receive $10.00 dollars bonus trade-in value for all three games. Boxes and Instructions are required. Extra value must be applied to purchases made in the same transaction. No cash or credit will be issued. No exclusions apply. Demo discs are not valid for trade-in. Trade-in games must have different titles. Customer may be responsible for sales tax in some states. Not valid at EBGames.com. Boxes and instructions are required. Offer cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion. See sales associate for details.

The More you Trade, the More You're Paid - $15 bonus trade-in Expires 10/2/2004
Trade-in 4 select pre-played PS2/XB/GC games and receive $15.00 dollars bonus trade-in value for all four games. Boxes and Instructions are required. Extra value must be applied to purchases made in the same transaction. No cash or credit will be issued. No exclusions apply. Demo discs are not > valid for trade-in. Trade-in games must have different titles. Customer may be responsible for sales tax in some states. Not valid at EBGames.com. Offer cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion. See sales associate for details.

The More you Trade, the More You're Paid - $20 bonus trade-in Expires 10/2/2004
Trade-in 5 or more select pre-played PS2/XB/GC games and receive a total of $20.00 dollars bonus trade-in value. Boxes and Instructions are required. Extra value must be applied to purchases made in the same transaction. No cash or credit will be issued. No exclusions apply. Demo discs are not valid for trade-in. Trade-in games must have different titles. Customer may be responsible for sales tax in some states. Not valid at EBGames.com. Offer cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion. See sales associate for details.

only for the first deal, not the second one...well, unless you count Demos. Demo's can't be traded in for either.

[quote name='bluenatas09']No Exceptions! Must purchase something, no credit or cash will be given.

Normally I'd say the "more you trade, more you're paid" deal isn't the best....BUT it does say in little print that theres NO exceptions. So here's the perfect chance to get rid of some of those crappy POX titles or old sports titles that are taking up space.[/quote]

Does "No Exceptions" mean "No Exclusions?" Or does it mean no exceptions to not having credit or cash?

[quote name='Gojtron']Bullshit. Just traded in 2 yesterday for good money from them(Spidey2 and Fight Night got me 47).[/quote]

Try again. The 'no cash or credit' is for those doing the trade in deal. It's there so you can't trade in 5 cruddy games and walk out with an extra Andrew Jackson.

You can still trade in normally.

[quote name='bluenatas09']
Trade 3 select PS2/Xbox/GC games and recieve $30 towards pre-purchase of Halo 2, Limitend Halo 2 or Forza.

One per customer. Boxes and instructions required. While supplies last. Not Valid on previous purchases. No Substitutions. No Rainchecks. 8/2-10/2

AND

The more you Trade, the more you're Paid
Trade 3 games in and recieve a extra $10 to total
Trade 4 games in and recieve a extra $15 to total
Trade 5 games in and recieve a extra $20 to total.

No Exceptions to this rule: Must purchase something, no credit or cash will be given.

[/quote]

I liked them more when it was trade in 5 games, and get 25 extra and you can keep the credit for next time and it included GBA games. Oh well.

Can you combine the deals to trade in 3 games for 30, then get an extra 10?

I'm thinking about picking up MLB 2k4 PS2 from Circuit City along with Outlaw Volleyball and another title to trade in.

I'm assuming even for the "The more you Trade, the more you're Paid" deal, you can only trade PS2, XBox, GCN games for the amount of cash. Am I correct or we can trade in other games for other systems as well for cash(credit)?

[quote name='MeGaWC27']I'm assuming even for the "The more you Trade, the more you're Paid" deal, you can only trade PS2, XBox, GCN games for the amount of cash. Am I correct or we can trade in other games for other systems as well for cash(credit)?[/quote]

It's just PS2, Xbox, and GCN

[quote name='slidecage']man i had a but load of gameboy games i wanted to dump extra 10 bucks isnt nothing when they only give u buck per game[/quote]

are those regular gameboy games? (like the ones for the B&W system)
If so those generally trade in for more than just $1..I had some the other day that traded in for about 4 to 5 dollars each. Some even more..Ninja Gaiden and Pac-Attack traded in for about 7..you might want to just go up there and see what they'll give you...

one week ago today I walked into EB and traded in 7 games. :evil:

as Beavis was fond of saying, "dammit dammit sonofabitch!"

Okay this is confirmed, there are no exclusions to trade in 3, 4, 5 etc. to get more the more you trade.

I had pre-ordered Halo 2 Limited Edition at EBGames already. Does this "not valid on previous purchases" thing mean that I can't trade in 3 games and get $30 to go towards my pre-order?

[quote name='bluenatas09']most likely... but you can always cancel that preorder, take your money back...THEN do the trade in deal[/quote].

Yeah, I was just thinking about that. I'll look into it. Thanks. :)

[quote name='Togepy']Can you use the trade 5 games deal to pre-order something or do you have to buy something that is in stock?[/quote]

exactly what i'd like to know. anyone?

I just got back from there and you can use the trade 5 games deal towards a pre-order.

I played all the games I traded in until I got tired of them (some 5 minutes, some 1 hour). Here is what I traded in:

Nascar Thunder 2002- Bought for $5- Decent
Kelly Slater Pro Surfer- Bought for $5- Crap
Universal Studios- Bought for $5- Horrible

Those 3 were not excluded so I traded them for $30 towards Forza, which I will go back in a week to switch to Metroid Prime 2.

Credit: $30
Total Spent: $15
Profit: $15

Minority Report- Bought for $5- Crap
Swing Away Golf- Bought for $2- Crap
Fantavision- Bought for $5- Good at first, crap later
Wave Rally- Bought for $5- Crap
NCAA Gamebreaker 2004- Bought for $5- Decent, but have better football games

These 5 were all excluded so I had to do the trade 5 games, get $20 deal and pre-ordered Paper Mario 2.

Credit: $24
Total Spent: $22
Profit: $2 But at least I got to play these games a little and this will be the most I would probably ever get for them.

Total Credit: $54
Total Spent: $37
Total Profit: $17

So I got to get rid of a bunch of crappy games I would never play again and made a few extra dollars doing it. Plus I won't have to pay the full $50 for the two games I pre-ordered.

[quote name='greyzieoriental']any where besides gamecrazy that'll take games without cases or instructions?[/quote]

gamestop takes movies and games w/o instruction and cases.

Confirmed. But you have to buy something in stock or buy something for 99 cents and then you can preorder.

I went and got two 2.99 games from gamestop to add to my 3 games I wanted to get rid of and got 23 bucks credit toward Sims 2 DVD.

Yay. Thanks for posting this!!!

Dammit..I don't know if its my EB's employee's but they said there are exceptions to the trade in 5 for $30 deal. So I just ended up trading in 3 games for $30 off Halo 2.

Is it possible to buy gift cards with the trade in since a purchase is neccisary? I mean it does suck to miss out on the tax exemption trade credit gives but at least a gc can be used online.

Do other game stores match this offer? I dont have a EB nearby. The only stores near to me is gamecrazy and software etc (a gamestop store).

[quote name='Duo_Maxwell']I doubt they'll ever match other offers, but most of those stores almost always have their own trade-in offers.[/quote]

That sucks. The only trade in deal Software Etc usually runs is trade in three games get 10% extra credit.

theres a local store around here called GameTrader that DOES match other peoples deals and trade ins...but, there store is generally overpriced, rank, and the service blows

Something tells me to wait another few months until Halo 2 is closer. There are another strong 2 months until November even arrives so I'm counting on some other kind of deal to come along much like this one. Hopefully it will be just as good if not better than this...such as the "trade in 5 games get Madden 2005 free" These offers come around about once a month so chances are if I pass on this another trade-in deal will come around?. Agree or disagree?

the eb at ross park mall in pittsburgh did not give me any extra bucks for nothing.
i traded in
madden 03
fever 02
baldurs gate dark allainc
star wars obi wan
they did not even mention like exclusion or nothing i got 7 bucks i was so pissed but hey what can i do

Those deals are over, but there's been many people that sucessfully switched the credit they had on a like a Halo 2 preorder to a preorder for pretty much any other game.

Can someone tell me how to switch a pre-order? I think that the employees would figure it out. I really would like to find out what I need to do to....

Traded 25 Xbox, PS2 and Gamecube games (mostly from the Toys R US sale, Circuit City or Best Buy sale (except for MVP 2004 and Spiderman 2 (which I beat and got $29 for, MVP I got $25 (but I am getting a $30 rebate back for it from TWEC so its all good).

Anyway, it paid for all of the following:

Star Wars Battlefront (PC)
Pikmin 2
Fable
Half Life 2: CE
NHL 2K5 (Xbox)
Guilty Gear X2: Reload
Gungrave: Overdose
Mortal Kombat: Deception Kollector's Edition (Xbox)

Can we trade in multiples of the same game at once? I got 4 copies of the tetris/clone wars combo pack I wanna get rid of.

The OP stated no same titles.
Mrs. Cheapyd really wants me to clear out some room on my shelf, so perhaps I'll use this offer to get ESPN NHL 2k5...

bread's done
Back