EBgames B&M Trade deals 8/29-10/2

bluenatas09

CAGiversary!
VOM Trades.
Trade 3 select PS2/Xbox/GC games and recieve $30 towards pre-purchase of Halo 2, Limitend Halo 2 or Forza.

One per customer. Boxes and instructions required. While supplies last. Not Valid on previous purchases. No Substitutions. No Rainchecks. 8/2-10/2

AND

The more you Trade, the more you're Paid
Trade 3 games in and recieve a extra $10 to total
Trade 4 games in and recieve a extra $15 to total
Trade 5 games in and recieve a extra $20 to total.

No Exclusions! No same titles. Must purchase something, no credit or cash will be given.

Normally I'd say the "more you trade, more you're paid" deal isn't the best....BUT it does say in little print that theres NO exceptions. So here's the perfect chance to get rid of some of those crappy POX titles or old sports titles that are taking up space.

******************** DaPhatty Edit *******************

Here are the OFFICIAL rules for each trade-in special. I copied these from the EBGames website. Click Here if you want to see the webpage for yourself.

The More you Trade, the More You're Paid - $10 bonus trade-in Expires 10/2/2004
Trade-in 3 select pre-played PS2/XB/GC games and receive $10.00 dollars bonus trade-in value for all three games. Boxes and Instructions are required. Extra value must be applied to purchases made in the same transaction. No cash or credit will be issued. No exclusions apply. Demo discs are not valid for trade-in. Trade-in games must have different titles. Customer may be responsible for sales tax in some states. Not valid at EBGames.com. Boxes and instructions are required. Offer cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion. See sales associate for details.

The More you Trade, the More You're Paid - $15 bonus trade-in Expires 10/2/2004
Trade-in 4 select pre-played PS2/XB/GC games and receive $15.00 dollars bonus trade-in value for all four games. Boxes and Instructions are required. Extra value must be applied to purchases made in the same transaction. No cash or credit will be issued. No exclusions apply. Demo discs are not > valid for trade-in. Trade-in games must have different titles. Customer may be responsible for sales tax in some states. Not valid at EBGames.com. Offer cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion. See sales associate for details.

The More you Trade, the More You're Paid - $20 bonus trade-in Expires 10/2/2004
Trade-in 5 or more select pre-played PS2/XB/GC games and receive a total of $20.00 dollars bonus trade-in value. Boxes and Instructions are required. Extra value must be applied to purchases made in the same transaction. No cash or credit will be issued. No exclusions apply. Demo discs are not valid for trade-in. Trade-in games must have different titles. Customer may be responsible for sales tax in some states. Not valid at EBGames.com. Offer cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion. See sales associate for details.

EB will give you about 25 cents for some of thos sports games. I have to agree with Duo Maxwell, Gamecrazy or FYE will hook you up with better credit.

I think ESPN College Hoops and ESPN football still carries a $17 value at FYE. NBA Live 2004 might also still have a $20-something credit value but hurry up because it will drop once Live 2005 comes out.

I gave them..

Turok
NHL 2001
Madden 2002
Smackdown: Shut your mouth
Project Gotham Racing (it was scratched up really bad, big gouge, they took it)

I think I might trade in the following tomorrow

Mark of Kri
Arc the Lad
Silent Hill 3
Kill.Switch (ps2)
SegaGT/JSRF Combo

hopefully I can get a decent amount. I know the combo pack and mark of kri is pretty much worthless to EB though.

I am not trading anything at EB anymore from now on. I traded in those 5 games and I got ripped off badly. I can understand Mark of Kri and SegaGT/JSRF being extremely low, but damn man, I got only 31 dollars out of ALL of that stuff, and thats including the 20 bucks since I traded in 5. I got 11 dollars for those five games. Kill.Switch is still 30 bucks and I only got 4 dollars for it! EB's trade in values are horrible, they are ripping you off left and right. Whats up with Arc the Lad? That game sells new 30 bucks and 20 bucks used, and they gave me a buck for it. Thats bullshit.

I didn't play any of them anyways so I took the trade in and picked up .Hack 1, Red Faction 1, and ATV Offroad 2 (which blows). That will be the last trade in transaction I do there from now on.

Does anyonw know if I go Saturday, will the deal still be there? It ends 10/2 so I'm wondering if that means Friday is the last day. I got 5 sport games I really want to trade in.

they offer me 25 cents per game, Madden 2001,2002 on psx2 and a few other low end sports titles. I let them go for 25 cents cause i know i cant dump 5 sports titles on Ebay for 20 Sad : (

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']I heard an employee tell a customer that the deal ends Saturady when the store closes.[/quote]

Same here I saw the flyer in store trade in deal ends 10/2/04

Hello! I'm kinda new so i'm sorry if this sounds repeated or dumb but I just want to make sure before I go:
Trade 3 games in and recieve a extra $10 to total
Trade 4 games in and recieve a extra $15 to total
Trade 5 games in and recieve a extra $20 to total

So I can take any 3 (or4or5) games and even if theyre sports games that are worth.25 they will add 10 (or15or20) to the total?
Thanks!

There are no exceptions. So yes, now is the time to dump sports titles that otherwise pay close to jack. The deal ends on Saturday (end of business on Saturday) and you must buy something in the same transaction to get your bonus credit.

Used this lovely deal a few weeks ago to get Fable.

Today I traded in Fable, Onimusha 2, Panzer Dragoon Orta, Animal Crossing and Kingdom Hearts.

Then I bought Sly 2, even finding -- after I handed it to them -- that they had marked a case the wrong price ($29.99 instead of $39.99). I usually let these things slide and don't screw them over... but the woman in charge was really rude about it so I never opened my mouth, accepting the $10 off.

Had enough left over to almost completely pay for a GTA: SA preorder.

Anyway, thanks for the deal post.

Went last night, traded in Project Gotham, Madden 04, The Bouncer, X-Squad, Bond AUF, Tony Hawk 4, Blitz 03, Crazy Taxi, Bandicoot Wrath of Cortex, and Star Wars Starfighter (All PS2 besides Madden and Gotham) for San Andreas and Chronicles of Riddick (used), only paid $1.05.

Huh, I called one EB and they said the deal is still good today. I called a different one and they told me that it expired. I'm wondering if the first one was lying just to get me to come in.

[quote name='MetalGator']Went last night, traded in Project Gotham, Madden 04, The Bouncer, X-Squad, Bond AUF, Tony Hawk 4, Blitz 03, Crazy Taxi, Bandicoot Wrath of Cortex, and Star Wars Starfighter (All PS2 besides Madden and Gotham) for San Andreas and Chronicles of Riddick (used), only paid $1.05.[/quote]

no matter how crappy my games are, i would never ever trade in that many games for 2 games....and with one of them being used, it makes it even worse

Was with guessed last night when he did his trade.. they took the jampacks and counted them as a game. Got a quarter each I think, maybe 50 cents..

I called two of the EBs in my area and both of the guys I talk to said no exclusions (got their names just in case). I'm taking tomorrow off and going to give that nasty little girl that works at EB a coronary.
Trading in:
PS2 and 5 shitty games for credit to get a new PSTwo -$150.
Gamecube and 5 shitty games to get the $100.
GBA and 5 shitty games to get the $50.
DC and 5 shitty games to get the $30.
2 N64s and 10 shitty games to get the $60.
2 sets of Cubes and Gbas to get credit for new PSTwos for my kids - $300.
Subtotal: $690.

I also have about 10 other DC games, 10 other PS2 games, 8 Xbox games, and 10 GC games to trade in.

That little witch is going to drop a load when she sees what I have to trade in tomorrow. I already get a "I smell shit" look from her when I trade in a grocery sack worth of stuff.

[quote name='Heavy Hitter']On until 10/30.[/quote]

No, it's not. The stores stopped this.. the only deals going on are for the console + 5 games trade. It's a seperate deal.

EDIT: The deal you listed above is a seperate deal and has its own thread.

Yeah, for that specific trade-in deal, you have to use it right away.

Just put it down on like.. 12 games or something :p

Sorry I posted this in the wrong thread - my bad.
I talked to the guy at EB, and he said I could put any or all of the amount of the credit on my Edge card.
$300 gets saved to get the kids their PSTwos, and I'll need one also.
The way I figure it, I'll be sitting on $300+ or so. I'll definitely pick up Katamari Damacy for the PS2 and Star Wars Battlefront for Xbox, but I'm not sure what else will catch my eye. :D

What's the BOGO deal, I missed that? I thought gamestop had that.
Anyway, I traded in 12 games and got about 80 bucks credit, including 3x15 bonus [instead of 2x20]. Obviously without the bonus credit I would have laughed and walked away, because their tradein values do suck. But they were games I wasn't playing/didn't like, and haven't moved on Half.com, and games that I bought over six months for a total of 101.00, so that's not too bad.
Bought Katamari Damacy and preordered Nocturne in full, and have a couple bucks left on a gift card.

bread's done
Back