EBgames drops price of NHL 2k6 to $20

Yes, EA now has the ESPN license.

Also, looking at the screenshots....they still have the RED LINE. They are releasing sports games a bit TOO early now. I mean the NHL rosters are a MESS right now....hopefully they have p to date downloads

[quote name='doubledown']Yes, EA now has the ESPN license.

Also, looking at the screenshots....they still have the RED LINE. They are releasing sports games a bit TOO early now. I mean the NHL rosters are a MESS right now....hopefully they have p to date downloads[/QUOTE]

The red line isn't being removed...it's still actually on the ice, it just doesn't count with two line passes.

[quote name='repetske']I'm still not completely sold. I've never really been into hockey games. Maybe I'll give it a shot this year.[/QUOTE]

OK, CAGHL Champ... :roll:

;-) lol

[quote name='RawisJericho']Sorry for being a noob, I know nothing about Hockey players. Who is on the cover of the game?[/QUOTE]

Marty Turco

[quote name='RawisJericho']Sorry for being a noob, I know nothing about Hockey players. Who is on the cover of the game?[/QUOTE]

It's suppose to be Marty Turco. He's a solid goaltender. Just a total choke in the playoffs.

[quote name='Zon27']It's suppose to be Marty Turco. He's a solid goaltender. Just a total choke in the playoffs.[/QUOTE]

Supposed to be? Looks an awfully lot like the real him to me.

[quote name='RawisJericho']I think that is a real picture of him...[/QUOTE]

It is.

pt_turco_screen001_25ns0707105.jpg

Real Life
vs.
Game
pt_928298_20050707_screen002_2517rs116.jpg

[quote name='doubledown']Just read a review of EA NHL 06. They said it gets back to the good ol' days...like NHL 94. Debating what to get now....[/QUOTE]

Hmmm....tough one.

$20....$50.....$20....$50....what to do?

[quote name='TJordan522']Hmmm....tough one.

$20....$50.....$20....$50....what to do?[/QUOTE]

I think EA's is letting us save $10.00 this year, NHL 2006 is only $39.99 this time around.

[quote name='Zon27']It's suppose to be Marty Turco. He's a solid goaltender. Just a total choke in the playoffs.[/QUOTE]
I would venture to say Turco is more then a solid netminder, he has been one of the best in the league since becoming a starter.

As far as being a choke in the playoffs, in the Starts last playoff apperance vs. the avalanche he had no chance at all if you watched the games. The dallas D was totally outmatched by colorados speed and offensive abillities. I just went back to check some of the game recaps and there are numerous quotes about the Dallas D being slugish or the numerous good scoring chances the avs had...

Anyways back on point the 2k hockey games have always been more fun then the EA ones which always turn into unrealistic checking fests where you hit the check button and your player semmingly magnitizes to a player 15 feet away and checks him.

[quote name='doubledown']Just read a review of EA NHL 06. They said it gets back to the good ol' days...like NHL 94. Debating what to get now....[/QUOTE]

They reviewed a game that doesn't even ship for over a month? Link?

I too was looking forward to EA NHL 06 from the interviews and quotes I've read, however I'd look at the beta videos on operationsports.com before you make a purchase.

[quote name='billyG']I would venture to say Turco is more then a solid netminder, he has been one of the best in the league since becoming a starter.

As far as being a choke in the playoffs, in the Starts last playoff apperance vs. the avalanche he had no chance at all if you watched the games. The dallas D was totally outmatched by colorados speed and offensive abillities. I just went back to check some of the game recaps and there are numerous quotes about the Dallas D being slugish or the numerous good scoring chances the avs had...

Anyways back on point the 2k hockey games have always been more fun then the EA ones which always turn into unrealistic checking fests where you hit the check button and your player semmingly magnitizes to a player 15 feet away and checks him.[/QUOTE]

Like my other post about the beta videos... it's weird, but seems like they decided to let the user check and not the cpu...

I've been wanting a hockey game and was gonna get it last year, but they had the lockout. So I'm definitely gonna pick it up this year.

No debate for me. A $20 game with a solid history of being good against a vague "this goes back to EAs old days, really" review a month ahead of time and a $40-50 dollar price from a company I can't stand.

[quote name='KaneRobot']No debate for me. A $20 game with a solid history of being good against a vague "this goes back to EAs old days, really" review a month ahead of time and a $40-50 dollar price from a company I can't stand.[/QUOTE]

Really you should have more doubts about EA, look how their version of Golden Eye turned out.

Well with a $20.00 price tag and EA's game being virtually unplayable, looks like a no brainer to me. I do however think NHL '06 will be a much better game than last years though so at least these low prices will let me buy both if need be.

Sweet :) might have to get this.

How is the 2k hockey series? I usually play the EA hockey series, so I was wondering if I would like the 2K games.

[quote name='neckfurters']Well with a $20.00 price tag and EA's game being virtually unplayable, looks like a no brainer to me. I do however think NHL '06 will be a much better game than last years though so at least these low prices will let me buy both if need be.[/QUOTE]

For those that play hockey and need a new helmet, Itech has a promotional offer where you can purchase a helmet and get EA NHL 2006 for free plus $6.95 shipping.

[quote name='asianxcore']How is the 2k hockey series? I usually play the EA hockey series, so I was wondering if I would like the 2K games.[/QUOTE] The general consensus is that the 2k series plays a more simulation style of hockey game. Its really good. Hopefully, they fixed the bugs from last year and didn't introduce any new ones.

[quote name='asianxcore']Sweet :) might have to get this.

How is the 2k hockey series? I usually play the EA hockey series, so I was wondering if I would like the 2K games.[/QUOTE]

Play it, and you'll probably wonder why it took you so long to switch.

[One word of advice with 2k... go straight to the Advanced controls. Don't hamper yourself with the lesser settings. Learning all the controls may take a bit longer (although it's actually very logical how the Left Trigger changes the controls, which defensive and offensive moves are mapped to each button, etc), but, in my opinion, makes the game much more enjoyable.]

i wasn't going to get this but with all the player movement (forsberg on the flyers!!!) i am not sure how i can resist

has the price been confirmed yet (other than eb's listing)?

You what they do in the 2k series that i absolutely cannot stand?

is that when someone gets hurt in the franchise mode, you cannot advance until you completely remove the guy from your lineups, regardless of how long he'll be out...

for example, i had jagr get hurt, day to day, and before i could simulate the day to get to the next game, i had to revamp my lines. then right before the game started, jagr was back, time to revamp the lines again...

i cant stand that, otherwise its a pretty decent series

also, we need to do a caghl on PS2 as well as xbox, for us non xboxers :)

I think I will get this.

I don't like any sports, really, except I do like hockey (Red Wings country here). I think I will buy it just to support them. My wife loves hockey so maybe I can play it with her. fuck EA, they are doing everything they can to be the only pro sports games in town. fucking monopolies are scary.

Thanks for the heads-up. All over it for $20.

Walmart has it listed for $19.82 as well, but I haven't seen it at that price at any other online stores. Hopefully Gamestop will follow suit as I have some credit there I'd like to use.

None of the other 2K6 games seem to have dropped to $20 yet. Hopefully they will too when it gets closer to their release dates.

bread's done
Back