EBGames/Gamestop Black Friday Sale 11/25/05 - 11/27/05

tenzor

CAGiversary!
Link to online ad
Vaild 11/25 7am-Noon Only

2 for $30 - Xbox Platinum Hits - PS2 Greatest Hits - GC Players Choice - code GHPHPC

Metal Gear Solid 3 PS2 - $9.99
1080 Avalanche GC $9.99
DOOM 3 XB $19.99
DOOM 3 CE XB $19.99
DOOM 3 EXPANSION XB $19.99
World of Warcraft PC $29.99
Tony Hawk American Wasteland GC/PS2/XB - $29.99

Halo 2 XB $29.99
Gran Turismo 4 $39.99
PSP Theater Experience $59.99

Valid 11/25-11/27
Buy 2 Pre-Played Games or DVDs Get 1 Free - code BUY2GET1
Free Travel kit w/ purchase of Nintendo DS system
Barbie Superpack GBA $19.99
Spyro/Superpack GBA $19.99
Namco Museum 50th Anniversary PS2/xb/GC $19.99
Midway Arcade Treasures 3 PS2/XB $19.99
World Poker Tour PS2 XB $19.99
NHL2k6 PS2/XB $19.99
Starcraft Battlechest PC $19.99
Fable Lost Chapters XB $19.99
NBA 2K6 XB/PS2 $29.99
College Hoops 2K6 $29.99
We Love Katamari Ps2 $29.99
Sonic Gems Collection GC $29.99
Super Smash Bros Melee GC $29.99
Fantastic Four PS2/XB/GC $29.99
The Incredible Hulk Ultimate Destruction PS2/xb/GC $29.99

Harry Potter and The Goblet of Fire $39.99 w/free movie ticket
X-Men Legends 2 XB/GC/PS2 $39.99
Ultimate Spiderman XB/GC/ps2 $39.99

Shrek Super Slam XB/GC/PS2 $39.99
SSX on Tour PS2/GC/XB $39.99
Sims 2 Ps2/XB/GC $39.99
Crash Tag Team Racing PS2/XB $39.99
SpongeBob Lights Camera PS2/XB/GC $39.99

Save $10 on a XBOX Controller S w/purchase of the following XB titles
-Half Life
-Call of Duty 2
-Tiger Woods 2k6
-Halo Triple Pack
-Delta Force Black Hawk Down
-Blitz the League
-50 Cent Bullet
-GTA San Andreas
-Shadow the Headghog

Spend $50 or more and get 5 free music downloads from www.connect.com

Save $5 off all Plug and Play Games

Free $14.99 or less pre-played game w/ purchase of the following pre-played systems
-Nintendo DS
-Gamecube
-PS2
-XB
-GBA SP/GBA

Man, this is kind of weak. Only two things that I noticed:

MGS3 for 9.99 - but I don't own a PS2.
Doom 3 CE XBox - but I already have it

Feh. Looks like it's becoming Black Friday in name only.

[quote name='slidecage']ha ha good luck getting magna carta and dragon quest 8 used only a week after they came out new .... you be lucky to see either one of those used before jan 2006[/QUOTE]

Well, depends where you live, to be fair. Back at home in NY and even here in IN there are a few customers at the local EBs who buy games the day of release, brute force their way through the entire game in two days, spend the rest of the week maxing out the game in every way possible, and end up returning it by around Monday or Tuesday, sometimes Wednesday of the next week. I can usually count on these guys and they take special care with their games, so they're pretty much pristine when they hand them back. It's not 32.5% off MSRP with free shipping a la EBGames.com, but it's a nice 19% off MSRP if I can wait a week on a high-tier title.

Problem is that, most of the time, it really isn't feasible unless it was a title that I just had to get, no doubt about it, so I don't end up going for it that often but, like most things, it's entirely YMMV. I just like that some of the local gamers and movie watchers around here tend to buy things immediately and return them just as fast, which results in some spectacular local deals from time to time.

Thanks for the info, OP, but unfortunately, I have to chime in with everyone else that said the deals suck ass this year. :p

Actually, that might be a good thing as between the DDD sale and some other purchases, I've spent (and will yet spend) way too much already.

Reality's Fringe said:
2 for 30? Weak. What happened to the 2 for $25? I know it's such a small difference, but it's the principle.

It's more than a principle, that's $5 would've paid for tax & the eb saver shipping. Every little bit counts.

The buy one get one free PO looks nice if you can stack %15 off and free saver shipping.

I thought about MGS3, too -- but then I wonder about Subsistence, and I'd MUCH rather get that than the reg. MGS3, which is prob. what the 9.99 price point is for.

Now, if it's for subsistence, that changes everything.

[quote name='romeogbs19']I thought about MGS3, too -- but then I wonder about Subsistence, and I'd MUCH rather get that than the reg. MGS3, which is prob. what the 9.99 price point is for.

Now, if it's for subsistence, that changes everything.[/QUOTE]
substance wont be out until next year

Thanks OP. MGS3 for $10 is great. Good enough to make up for the rest of the "sale" not being so great.

I mean, look at this...
Barbie Superpack GBA $19.99
Spyro/Superpack GBA $19.99
Namco Museum 50th Anniversary PS2/xb/GC $19.99
Midway Arcade Treasures 3 PS2/XB $19.99
World Poker Tour PS2 XB $19.99
NHL2k6 PS2/XB $19.99
Starcraft Battlechest PC $19.99
Fable Lost Chapters XB $19.99
College Hoops 2K6 $29.99
We Love Katamari Ps2 $29.99
Sonic Gems Collection GC $29.99
Super Smash Bros Melee GC $29.99
Fantastic Four PS2/XB/GC $29.99
Harry Potter and The Goblet of Fire $39.99 w/free movie ticket
Shrek Super Slam XB/GC/PS2 $39.99
Sims 2 Ps2/XB/GC $39.99
Crash Tag Team Racing PS2/XB $39.99
SpongeBob Lights Camera PS2/XB/GC $39.99

SSX on Tour PS2/GC/XB $39.99

Those are all regular price. :/

And as a matter of fact, SSX On Tour is marked-UP by $10, at least compared to EBGames.com...

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']

And as a matter of fact, SSX On Tour is marked-UP by $10, at least compared to EBGames.com...[/QUOTE]

That is a joke. This "sale" is a joke. I wish there was 2 for $25. I would pick up some of those games if they were actually discounted. Thanks OP for the list though.

Tony Hawk American Wasteland is a deal, especially if it also applies with their mail in gift voucher for buying 2 NEW $19.99 or more Activision titles.

[quote name='amos_82']Tony Hawk American Wasteland is a deal, especially if it also applies with their mail in gift voucher for buying 2 NEW $19.99 or more Activision titles.[/QUOTE]

What is this voucher deal you are talking about? I know that they had one last month for buy 2 get $15 and buy 3 get $25 but that expired on Oct 29. Is there a new one for this month? If there is I'll be all over THAW and another game.

[quote name='Limpbizkit182521']What is this voucher deal you are talking about? I know that they had one last month for buy 2 get $15 and buy 3 get $25 but that expired on Oct 29. Is there a new one for this month? If there is I'll be all over THAW and another game.[/QUOTE]

From 10/30 to 11/26, if you buy two new Activision games at $19.99 or up, you can mail in for a $15 gift voucher.

[quote name='shawagg']what no trade in deals?[/QUOTE]

Seriously. I've been stocking up on PO games from bulk lots on EB games. Am I going to have to trade with somebody here?

[quote name='grendel19']From 10/30 to 11/26, if you buy two new Activision games at $19.99 or up, you can mail in for a $15 gift voucher.[/QUOTE]

OK, OK. Buy 2 THAWs for $40. Sell one on eBay for $20. Net cost of THAW after voucher: $5.

Not bad, I guess. I just don't like skateboarding games.

[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']OK, OK. Buy 2 THAWs for $40. Sell one on eBay for $20. Net cost of THAW after voucher: $5.

Not bad, I guess. I just don't like skateboarding games.[/QUOTE]

Too bad THAW is 29.99 not 20.

Is the Doom 3 expansion worth buying here, or should I just wait it out? I plan on picking up Doom 3 CE ... but not sure if I want to bother with the expansion.

I know this is an old thread, but is the Buy 2 used and get 1 free deal a part of the Black Friday sale? It's not listed in the official Black Friday sale thread.

[quote name='PSTwoGamer']good price on MSG3 for a quality game.[/QUOTE]
But with the remix coming out soon, this is sure to fall even more....

Well Sonic Gems has already dropped everywhere to $20 -- so $30 is a rip now (was the original regular price anyway)

[quote name='xxxafibenderxxx']i don't know why everyones disappointed in the BF sales, the B2G1F preowned deal seems pretty decent to me[/QUOTE]

It all depends on what your GS/EB has in stock since they are pre-owned titles.

I think the two "greatest hits" for $30 is a nice deal. That means you can get Ratchet 3 and Jak 3 for $30 (they both recently became hits).

And yes, the MGS 3 deal is the only other decent one, maybe Tony Hawk AW.

Everything else is either near or at MSRP.

And WTF is SSX On Tour doing "On Sale" for $39.99?!?!?!

Just last week they cut the MSRP down to $29. I bought it from Gamefly like new for $25.

Can someone confirm if the original gba is vaild in the promotion buy a pre played system and get a free 14.99 or less pre played game??

It is listed in the op but it is not listed in the ad so i have to assume its not gonna be valid when i walk into gamestop on friday and ask to buy an original gba with a free preplayed game 14.99 or less.

For those that dont know the preplayed original gba costs 19.99 at gamestop.

Just drove by my local EB, and they were putting up signage for buy 3 get 2 free. Of course YMMV, and this is only marginally better than buy 2 get one free anyhow.

Will Fable Lost Chapters count as a PH game towards the 2 for 30? I miiiight pick that up along with something else online, but everything else is pretty damn weak. I was hoping for the 2 for 25 again, now that was a pretty good deal.

bread's done
Back