EBGames: Xbox 360 Wired Controller $25 starts March 1st

Awesome...I can get one and keep returning them until I get one that DOESN'T have a defective D-pad...some of them have defective d-pads in the left direction...just a heads up.

Awesome...I can get one and keep returning them until I get one that DOESN'T have a defective D-pad...some of them have defective d-pads in the left direction...just a heads up.

Haha same boat here. I returned my first cause of the crap dpad, and got stuck with a second crap dpad.

I think this is a madcatz/gamestop brand XBOX360 controller, and not the regular one. I might be wrong, but I saw the ad for it, and it didn't look like the microsoft brand.

Thanks....I've been playing 360 wherever there is a kiosk, I like the controller, just the right size.

It can't possibly be the MS controller. No way in heck they're lowering the price $15. Sure I could be wrong, but my doubt sensors are lit up bright red.

I'll wait for confirmation on whether it's the official Microsoft controller or not. If so, awesome; if not, I'll pass.

If this is the official microsoft controller you can use on a PC, that'd be f'ink awesome. Now I can play the Geometry Wars knockoff on a proper controller instead of a keyboard ^^

[quote name='phantomer']worst..........d-pad...........ever[/QUOTE]

I thought every D-Pad sucked? Is it just me? I've tried played DoA with all of my controllers D Pads(4). Not much fun.

I got a wireless controller with the system with a terrible d-pad. Returned it, got another with a terrible d-pad. My wired one, though, has a great one. So, it's clearly not a design flaw in all of them, just in a LOT of them.

[quote name='mkelehan']I got a wireless controller with the system with a terrible d-pad. Returned it, got another with a terrible d-pad. My wired one, though, has a great one. So, it's clearly not a design flaw in all of them, just in a LOT of them.[/QUOTE]

Yep, the wired controller has a much better D-Pad than the wireless. Explain that one...

I seriously can't believe that all the d-pads on these controllers suck so much. I replaced the controller that came with my 360 twice now. Hoping the d-pads on my current wireless controller keep working fine...I'm getting tired of going back and forth to Best Buy.

[quote name='Mini Viper']I seriously can't believe that all the d-pads on these controllers suck so much. I replaced the controller that came with my 360 twice now. Hoping the d-pads on my current wireless controller keep working fine...I'm getting tired of going back and forth to Best Buy.[/quote]

I honestly dont understand it ethir. I have 2 wireless controlers and they work just fine but my friend got his with launch and after playing mine he realized there is somthing wrong with his. I hope M$ fixes it because i am not buying a controler again untill i hear that this problems getting better.

If it's the redesigned MC Game Pad Pro I would actually recommend it instead of the MS wired version. I bought one in black after I heard about the redesign to avoid getting a bad d-pad with a MS controller and because of the price. I was pretty impressed with the thing, the grip is slightly different but I have smallish hands so I actually think it's almost more comfortable and controls feel better than the MS version IMO. Granted I still use the wireless version most of the time because I don't liike moving the couch foward and there's one or two real small downsides to it, but for everyone looking for an extra controller you should give the new Mad Catz one a shot.

Edit: Also a feature I loved was it has an invert switch for analog control actually built into the controller, whoever thought that one up deserves a medal.

The D-Pad for the 360 controller is a improvement over the fat Xbox one, but still not quite right.

For some reason I still think the Super NES had the best D-pad, maybe even the 8-Bit NES. I kind of like the PS2 controller D-pad too.

My third wireless 360 controller has a great d-pad. Third meaning I traded in, then traded in again. Should you get a 360, folks, keep those receipts; you may get a controller with a terrible d-pad.

bread's done
Back