ECA No longer supporting Amazon!!! (Not true, complete rumor.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I saw the people who bought a bunch of copies of dissidia when it was a DOTD using the stack and then flipped it right back to amazon for $7-8 profit on each dissidia, plus the bonus trade in credit, I knew this was going to die soon.

glad i signed up for free from the GI tip...definitely going to make sure I cancel. ECA offers nothing except the Amazon discount, well nothing else that I would take advantage of anyway...

The people that were double and tripple stacking have now moved to the TRU B2G1 where they are doing what they can to make sure this is the last time TRU ever has a sale like this...

Wow, the misinformation and fear-mongers in this thread are retarded. Until we have official confirmation from ECA as to what is going on, there's no reason to believe the codes are gone for good. Try using your brains.

This is also not a deal; mod lock, thanks.

Wow that stinks..

Yeah, I did join free using the GI Code which I saw in the Mag before reading here on CAG, but...I only got to use one code :'(, this morning, no less, on Dead Space and a RB Mic Stand.

Blarg, sad day indeed.

I'm still not sure if this would end up being a good or bad thing for Amazon, in terms of sales. With the stacking glitches and other issues, the ECA was probably costing Amazon some money. Of course, you also have to put some blame on Amazon's own IT department for not being smart enough to prevent such exploits. Even without the glitches, the 10% off could be combined with pre-order bonuses, price match guarantee, and even Gold Box discounts to create some pretty awesome deals. All of that had to be cutting into Amazon's profits. Then again, without all of those things, people would probably just go back to buying used games, keeping new games from Gamefly, using Goozex, etc...

I think most people were using the codes as intended, though, and I imagine that it was sending Amazon a lot of game & accessory business. I started buying games almost exclusively from Amazon and probably have 15 or more pre-orders placed with them right now which utilize the ECA discount. I wouldn't have placed a single one of those without the extra 10% off, I'd have just waited and rented them from Gamefly, then kept them if I thought they were worth owning.

I guess the question is, does Amazon actually make any money when you buy new games for about $48 shipped, then get pre-order bonuses on top of that. I think this sudden disappearance of their affiliation with the ECA is probably the answer to that question.

[quote name='Jodou']Wow, the misinformation and fear-mongers in this thread are retarded. Until we have official confirmation from ECA as to what is going on, there's no reason to believe the codes are gone for good. Try using your brains.[/QUOTE]

Same thing happened once the initial "L" batch of codes expired. People were making big conclusions on just a small issue. Wait and see is what I am doing.

Did this really warrant it's own thread? It's being discussed in the current ECA thread and it's been down once and back. I'm sure they're working on clearing out the stacking codes. (That or in the process of linking accounts, one can dream.)

i think assuming that ECA has stopped the Amazon discount completely is jumping the gun. i think it's more likely Amazon or ECA found out about the stacking problem and have taken the batch down until they can find a way to prevent it (maybe finally have one code for every account?)

so people need to calm down until we have some official information.

[quote name='y2jasper']i think assuming that ECA has stopped the Amazon discount completely is jumping the gun. i think it's more likely Amazon or ECA found out about the stacking problem and have taken the batch down until they can find a way to prevent it (maybe finally have one code for every account?)

so people need to calm down until we have some official information.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Also thread is a repeat of the usual ECA thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back