ECA No longer supporting Amazon!!! (Not true, complete rumor.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

snives

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I just checked the ECA list, and Amazon is no longer available for codes. It is still listed on the summary page thing, but once you click "Member Benefits" it is not on the list anymore. Posted this just to inform people since it would get easily overlooked in the ECA thread since many people won't read it since it is an old thread.

(Sees the flame incoming)

$^@#&* I hope it wasn't all you dorks double-triple-+ dipping
Living in NY I just wanted my tax removed out of this, which I got

Man talk about ruining it for everyone else, un-friggin-believable

[quote name='xxDOYLExx']If this is true its the other way around. amazon no longer supports ECA[/QUOTE]I bet that what it is, with all the double/triple stacking

[quote name='snives']Another possibility is maybe that they are changing over to the 1-per-user codes as we speak?[/QUOTE]
Well if they were doing that, I would think they'd still have the amazon logo. This is a sad day that I knew would come. I paid for my subscription. I knew once it was free, it was only a matter of time.

[quote name='Brother Daz']I bet that what it is, with all the double/triple stacking[/QUOTE]

How did people do that?

jajajaja I actually just found out about the stacking coupons today >.< heh o well now i'm glad i buffered all those codes way back.

If you want a deal flagged and killed, just post to SD or FW.
I'm thinking they will just change it and not completely remove the discount so it will not be abused. The discount is listed on the "Membership Benefits" page. They would likely have removed BOTH references if they truly meant to get rid of the discount.

um amazon is still listed under Membership Benefits. They are probably fixing the code problem now

Good thing I got all the games I needed already, hopefully the ones that haven't been shipped yet don't lose the codes. Oh well... was nice while it lasted.

[quote name='joeboosauce']If you want a deal flagged and killed, just post to SD or FW.[/QUOTE]

That may hold weight a good portion of the time but the public display of abuse and justification here was just as bad.

EDIT: People need to stop freaking out also, what is the point of this thread?

Can't say I didn't see this coming (assuming it's really over). Giving out free membership was just STUPID on the ECA's part and it just blew the door wide open for people to abuse the Amazon codes.

I wonder if unused codes will still be valid, and for how long. Once they started the one-per-day thing to combat resellers, I started putting my daily codes in a text file. Haven't been real good about checking every day, but I did manage to store about 10 codes... hope they still work.

I can't really complain since I just got in last month thanks to it being a free promotion, but it's a definite bummer to those that paid. Hopefully it has nothing to do with all the triple stacking, though I would bet it does. If so, yet another example of greed ruining a good thing.

Ouch, I haven't recovered my initial membership fee yet. I still have one code applied to my account currently from a previous order I never ended up making. But I guess that's it after that.

So how exactly did the free membership ruin it?
It was a fiasco from the start.
Starting with paying members selling them on ebay.

Here's the email at which you can contact membership services:

[email protected]

I don't know about you guys, but they should have notified us, especially those who paid earlier, of this change to membership benefits...hell, even insurance companies do this.

[quote name='joeboosauce']If you want a deal flagged and killed, just post to SD or FW.[/QUOTE]

:applause: quote of the day/week/month/year. always sad to see cag deals stolen & killed. :cry:

According to the ECA Forums this is of course as of 9/30/09

Yeah, the downtime window has been shrinking as the two IT teams(ECA/Amazon) are guesstimating growth rates more accurately and managing the process better each time.

But if you didn't see any wording about codes being exhausted it's because it was overnight and staff were sleeping, which as a gamer I use to think was highly overrated, but as a working student realize it's totally necessary for functioning.

Anyway, they usually put wording up on the site as soon as they find out.

http://forums.theeca.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52

Hopefully they're just coming up with a better system to prevent CERTAIN PEOPLE from exploiting it. $15/$20 a year for an unlimited 10% off any game or accessory purchase is/was a great deal. Let's hope that's not ruined now.

[quote name='ProggleRock']Hopefully they're just coming up with a better system to prevent CERTAIN PEOPLE from exploiting it.[/QUOTE]

Like, the milk man?

[quote name='blackwaltz34']well, if this is true, then its a good thing i made a bulk order for this year and next year.[/QUOTE]

I hope they catch all the stupid stacking orders and cancel them frankly.
Even if I do get the chance to just take NY tax off my orders again...

That's all I wanted out of this membership. Bah :bomb:

edit - yes please, just stop the exploiters, some of us REALLY appreciated it JUST for what it was intended.

According to the ECA Forums this is of course as of 9/30/09

Yeah, the downtime window has been shrinking as the two IT teams(ECA/Amazon) are guesstimating growth rates more accurately and managing the process better each time.

But if you didn't see any wording about codes being exhausted it's because it was overnight and staff were sleeping, which as a gamer I use to think was highly overrated, but as a working student realize it's totally necessary for functioning.

Anyway, they usually put wording up on the site as soon as they find out.

http://forums.theeca.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52

that's 'old' news about a code usage disappearing, responding to my post end of Sept

the issue is http://theeca.com/member_home doesn't show a section for Amazon anymore

hopefully they'll be back, though a logic guess is that they're trying to plug the hole exploiters were making use of

[quote name='ProggleRock']Hopefully they're just coming up with a better system to prevent CERTAIN PEOPLE from exploiting it. $15/$20 a year for an unlimited 10% off any game or accessory purchase is/was a great deal. Let's hope that's not ruined now.[/QUOTE]
While I won't deny taking advantage of this on a couple orders, they actually made it impossible NOT to do in some cases. They don't give Good Samaritans the option of not using a code should you have two applied to your account.

Could it be that the link to amazon page is down because the new numbered codes have been exhausted, and the nice folks over at ECA need to generate new ones? I understand people are nervous, but give this a bit more time... if the codes are not back in a couple days, then we start panicking...

Most of you have enough codes to last a few days without them anyway...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back