Eegad! the Snuggie has evolved!

Ikohn4ever

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
It’s Only a Matter of Time Before These Frightening Creatures Invade Park Slope
3/31/09 at 1:40 PM

20090331_peekaroo_250x375.jpg

Ahhhhhhhhhh! Ahhhhhhhhh! Oh my GOD! What is that THING?!?! It looks like a two-headed monster!
Oh, good Lord, it's a mom-and-baby Snuggie.
We know the recession has made everyone want to retreat into the comfort of soft, warm blankets, but honestly, this is too much. What if it poops in there? The horror.
Peekaru Original Fleece Baby Carrier Cover

Looks like something from the movie alien. I hope this shit doesn't catch on.

[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']Has anybody else noticed that the burgundy Snuggies are just surplus robes from the Church of Satan?[/quote]

Heh, I was just talking about that with someone the other day...

Haha, it's not that weird, and certainly not as weird as some of you are making it out to be, but a first glance, it does make me think of Silent Hill a bit.

Also, unrelated note: I seriously cringe at the way the narrator woman in the Snuggie ad says the word "snuggie." It's annoying as hell, for some reason, and makes me want to puke.

[quote name='BigSpoonyBard']That has to be the stupidest fucking thing I've ever seen, and I've seen a lot of stupidity.[/QUOTE][quote name='JolietJake']Anyone who buys that should be put on some kind of list.[/QUOTE]

Okay, for fuck's sake, you guys, have you seriously never heard of a papoose/cradle board before?
0511080424123632indianw.jpg

If not, learn 2 native american culture, plx.

This Peekaru thing is basically the same concept, but flipped around. It's not that weird. If a convenient baby carrier that has existed conceptually for centuries is the stupidest thing you've ever seen, then no, you actually haven't seen very much stupidity. :/

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Explain the fundamental difference, please.[/quote]

Outwardly, not a lot.

Inwardly, ...

One was used by nomadic cultures as a necessity to keep infant children secured while roving vast tracts of land.

The other is used by douchebag yuppies who can't manage their children between calls on their bluetooth wireless headset, sips of overpriced piss coffee and whatever pharmaceutical they use to manage their stressful lives.

Also, one of them makes you look like either the guy from Totall Recall, Nigel and Sebastian from House of the Dead,a necromorph, or someone who has been raped by a facehugger.

And the other one doesn't.

[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']Outwardly, not a lot.

Inwardly, ...

One was used by nomadic cultures as a necessity to keep infant children secured while roving vast tracts of land.

The other is used by douchebag yuppies who can't manage their children between calls on their bluetooth wireless headset, sips of overpriced piss coffee and whatever pharmaceutical they use to manage their stressful lives.[/quote]

This. Very this.

What FOC said. One was part of an ancient and nomadic culture, the other is a cheap piece of fleece sold to women who can't be bothered to actually hold their children.

[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']The other is used by douchebag yuppies who can't manage their children between calls on their bluetooth wireless headset, sips of overpriced piss coffee and whatever pharmaceutical they use to manage their stressful lives.[/quote]
[quote name='JolietJake']What FOC said. One was part of an ancient and nomadic culture, the other is a cheap piece of fleece sold to women who can't be bothered to actually hold their children.[/QUOTE]

You guys are so cool and cynical and worldly and jaded. :roll:

This, and now whenever I see a man in public with an infant adhering to his chest, reminds me of this bit from the Snuff Box:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQ2ZVWyOVRI

It also reminds me of a cartoon I'd like to see. A large group of clowns are gathered around a car, watching another clown struggling to squeeze out through a window that is plainly too small for the purpose. One clown shouts, "Dammit, it's a clown car, not a vagina!"

bread's done
Back