CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
Reviews:

Multiplatform:

Guitar Hero III- 9.0, 8.5, 8.0
Sega Rally Revo- 7.5, 7.0, 7.0
Conan- 5.5, 5.5, 5.5
WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2008- 8.0, 7.5, 5.5(review mentions to avoid the PS3 version, due to choppy framerate)
Clive Barker's Jericho- 3.0, 4.5, 4.5 Shame of the Month
The Simpsons Game- 7.0, 6.5, 7.0
Bladestorm: The Hundred Years' War- 4.0, 6.0, 4.0

PS3:

Folklore- 5.5, 7.5, 8.0
The Eye of Judgment- 8.0, 8.0, 8.0
Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction- 8.5, 9.5, 9.0

Xbox 360:

Halo 3- 10, 10, 9.0
Ace Combat 6- 6.5, 6.5, 8.0
Project Gotham Racing 4- 8.5, 8.5, 8.0
The Orange Box- 10, 9.5, 10 GOTM
Beautiful Katamari- 7.0, 4.5, 4.0

DS:

Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney- Trials & Tribulations- 9.0, 7.0, 7.5

PSP:

Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness- 7.5, 7.0, 7.0
Silent Hill Origins- 7.5, 7.0, 7.0

Rumors:

- Sony is working on God of War 3 & Microsoft is working on Gears of War 2. Both will be released during Holiday 2008.

- Sega is working on a Skies of Arcadia sequel.

- N-Space is working on a sequel to Geist and will be released either on the Wii or the DS.

- Microsoft is working on a MMO First Person Shooter, Bungie might be involved.

- The DS game, It's a Wonderful World, will be released in the U.S.

- The PS3 game, Disgaea 3 will not have online support.

- One Triple-A 3rd party title scheduled for late next year will be released early in the spring. It's not Devil May Cry 4, Metal Gear Solid 4 or Grand Theft Auto 4.

[quote name='tangytangerine']

- One Triple-A 3rd party title scheduled for late next year will be released early in the spring. It's not Devil May Cry 4, Metal Gear Solid 4 or Grand Theft Auto 4.[/quote]

Very curious about that one.

- N-Space is working on a sequel to Geist and will be released either on the Wii or the DS

This is almost a given. The first game had huge potential. I think they pushed it out to establish the franchise on the gamecube so the sequel could get worked on for the Wii. I said this a long long time ago, and I would almost bet that it holds true.

1. Wouldn't it be Epic who's working on Gears 2?
2. Who scored Halo 3 a 9? I was sure it would get platinum?
3. wtf. Who scored Orange Box less than a 10?
4. Is the spring AAA game Killzone 2?

[quote name='SpreadTheWord']1. Wouldn't it be Epic who's working on Gears 2?
2. Who scored Halo 3 a 9? I was sure it would get platinum?
3. wtf. Who scored Orange Box less than a 10?[/quote]

1. The way it's worded in the mag, they say Microsoft.
2. Jeremy is the one that gave it a 9.0
3. Nick

Hilarious that Orange Box got GOTM over Halo 3. I'm not sure if I agree or disagree, but just funny given the hype levels comparatively.

- One Triple-A 3rd party title scheduled for late next year will be released early in the spring. It's not Devil May Cry 4, Metal Gear Solid 4 or Grand Theft Auto 4.[/QUOTE]

Resident Evil 5?

[quote name='msdmoney']Resident Evil 5?[/QUOTE]
That might be it, since I would think he'd mention that RE5 is NOT one of them since it is a very big title.

We can only hope

[quote name='tangytangerine']- The DS game, It's a Wonderful World, will be released in the U.S.

- One Triple-A 3rd party title scheduled for late next year will be released early in the spring. It's not Devil May Cry 4, Metal Gear Solid 4 or Grand Theft Auto 4.[/QUOTE]
- It sounds like a nice little game, with simultaneous touch screen and button battles. It also has an interesting feature that allows your character to read the minds of the numerous people on the screen in the adventure sequences. It's already out in Japan, but it is a game that suffers greatly from the language barrier, since there's supposed to be a lot of text for the storyline.

- Spore was just announced to be finished with programming and in a 6-month-long testing period, setting it up for a Spring 2008 release.

- N-Space is working on a sequel to Geist and will be released either on the Wii or the DS.

Buddy of mine works at Nspace, and Ill just say they are working on some stuff that sounds pretty cool.

[quote name='whoknows']Killzone 2 would be a nice surprise...what other AAA games are there?[/QUOTE]

FFXIII, but there's no way it's even close to done.

[quote name='whoknows']Is Spore a AAA title?

And wasn't Geist a pretty mediocre game? Guess people buy that stuff for them to make a sequel.[/quote]I just read somewhere that Spore is supposedly 6 months away, I'll have to find that.

And wasn't RE5 now scheduled for 09? Might take it out of the running for those qualifications.

[quote name='Scorch']HAAAAAAA! EAT CROWBAR AND DIE, CHIEF!

//edit: Gears 2? Meh.

I need to check out Eye of Judgment.[/quote]

Yeah, you need 5 games to beat Halo 3.

[quote name='botticus']I just read somewhere that Spore is supposedly 6 months away, I'll have to find that.[/quote]

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Wil Wright did a interview where he stated that it's on track for a Spring 2008 release. So it's probably not Spore, since it's already been revealed.

As far as I know Spore hasn't been announced for anything other then the PC and the DS, and while it's considered a AAA game by most PC gamers, it's not really the somthing that EGM would report on.
I really hope that they are talking about Resident Evil 5.

Edit: I looked it up and Spore has been annouced for the consoles, but they haven't said which ones and they said it wont come out with the PC and DS versions.

- One Triple-A 3rd party title scheduled for late next year will be released early in the spring. It's not Devil May Cry 4, Metal Gear Solid 4 or Grand Theft Auto 4.[/quote]
This is sort of confusing to me. Does this mean that none of these 3 games are coming early in 2008? Capcom confirmed on their website a few days ago that DMC 4 is coming out in February. ANd I thought both GTA 4 and MGS 4 were coming out between March and May.

It could also be Ninja Gaiden 2.

[quote name='VidgamesgivemeA_D_D']This is sort of confusing to me. Does this mean that none of these 3 games are coming early in 2008? Capcom confirmed on their website a few days ago that DMC 4 is coming out in February. ANd I thought both GTA 4 and MGS 4 were coming out between March and May.

It could also be Ninja Gaiden 2.[/QUOTE]
They said a game that is slated for late next year, those games are set to release early next year which is probably why it isn't any of those :p

It looks like I was right (unless they're talking about yet another AAA game)

Tecmo confirmed that there won't be a multi-player mode for Ninja Gaiden 2 for Xbox 360, the game will be released in spring 2008.
http://www.the-magicbox.com/gaming.htm

But then again Tecmo usually always delays their games. I remember Ninja Gaiden 1 got delayed for about 2 full years from its original supposed date. So I still say we'll see.

It's not Resident Evil 5 because that game wasn't even supposed to be out late 2008. Capcom said it was coming in 2009. No chance of it coming early 08.

3. Nick[/quote]

What! come on Nick, if any game deserved a 10 it would be The Orange Box. (I like how other sites reviewed the new games seperately but EGM couldn't have had 15 reviews for the Orange Box)

So I'm guessing the other reviewers were Shawn and Crispin?

Halo 3 didn't get a platinum? I bet whoever gave it a 9 was immediately fired. I seriously think the EGM staff members jerk off to Halo.

[quote name='mrchainsaw']Halo 3 didn't get a platinum? I bet whoever gave it a 9 was immediately fired. I seriously think the EGM staff members jerk off to Halo.[/quote]
Yeah, they regularly fire people for their opinions. Jeremy's a Marathon fan, so he may not technically jerk off to Halo.

little off topic but GI (game informer) and dont know if mention before

said next year we will be able to play PS3 games on the PSP

i call total BS on this . just thinkn how awfull PS3 games would look running on the PSP

Just like they said PSP will have PS1 standalone downloads in 2007

last i heard you will always need a PS3 to get ps1 games into your PSP

total BS

[quote name='slidecage']little off topic but GI (game informer) and dont know if mention before

said next year we will be able to play PS3 games on the PSP

i call total BS on this . just thinkn how awfull PS3 games would look running on the PSP

Just like they said PSP will have PS1 standalone downloads in 2007

last i heard you will always need a PS3 to get ps1 games into your PSP

total BS[/QUOTE]Actually, in Japan right now, you can access the PS Store from your PC and download directly to the PSP. It's being worked on for the U.S. (DRM and too much PSP piracy are holding it back I here).

looks like PS3 has a great game in the new R&K game. I'm curious why Ace Combat 6 scored so poorly. I am looking so forward to that game..

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Actually, in Japan right now, you can access the PS Store from your PC and download directly to the PSP. It's being worked on for the U.S. (DRM and too much PSP piracy are holding it back I here).[/QUOTE]

i heard the same thing from nintendo when you could walk into a store and download I think NES or SNES games to a blank cart and walk out with a new game for like 20 bucks and every time you just walk aback in and just right over the old game when you wanted a new one

Said coming soon in the usa but never happened . i doubt sony will ever do anything here in the usa They will make people spend 500 bucks to get ps1 games for their psp. why would they give up on that 500 bucks.

ALso japan is set up better to download games then here in the usa that is why i think most of this tech is staying over there : (

[quote name='daroga']Hilarious that Orange Box got GOTM over Halo 3. I'm not sure if I agree or disagree, but just funny given the hype levels comparatively.[/QUOTE]

It is funny that the Orange Box got GOTM over Halo 3. One would think something so hyped like Halo 3 would have it in the bag without question. Then again Halo 3 doesn't have a Companion Cube.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Actually, in Japan right now, you can access the PS Store from your PC and download directly to the PSP. It's being worked on for the U.S. (DRM and too much PSP piracy are holding it back I here).[/quote]
What about Lair? Yeah, I know it's a crappy game, but it's playable on a PSP right now(if you have the know-how to access the feature).

^Eww. I'm glad I rented Rachet & Clank from GameFly then, it shipped out already, so I might be playing it today. Reviews look good, so I might have some fun with a PS3 game that's not named Heavenly Sword.

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']The continued overrating of The Orange Box continues![/quote]

Yeah, It's ridiculous how a GOTY + solid multiplayer game + the most unique game of the year + two episodes that improve on one of the best games ever made can get 10's. I mean it costs $60!

I think I signed up for EGM when Joystiq had a free offer a few weeks back. Hopefully I'll get this issue soon.

[quote name='SpreadTheWord']Yeah, It's ridiculous how a GOTY + solid multiplayer game + the most unique game of the year + two episodes that improve on one of the best games ever made can get 10's. I mean it costs $60!

I think I signed up for EGM when Joystiq had a free offer a few weeks back. Hopefully I'll get this issue soon.[/QUOTE]
I preffer how my GFW mag (which also came today) rated them. 10/10 Episode 2, 9/10 Portal, 9/10 TF2.

They really should be considered two or three seperate games. Gaming mags shouldn't be about telling you what's the best value, they should rate based on quality alone. Essentially we're talking about ART here, not A/V hardware or something like that.

Either way, Orange Box is one of the most amazing titles in recent history, both in terms of quality and value, and could hardly ever be overrated.

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']The continued overrating of The Orange Box continues![/QUOTE]

wtf? silly! silly! silly!

[quote name='b3b0p']How the hell do you determine if a game is AAA before it's even released?

Is that a hype title now?[/QUOTE]

wtf does AAA even mean? nobody rates games with A's.

[quote name='danny90044']wtf does AAA even mean? nobody rates games with A's.[/QUOTE]
It comes from Credit Rating lingo. Having "Triple-A" credit status is having the best credit rating possible.

[quote name='PyroGamer']It comes from Credit Rating lingo. Having "Triple-A" credit status is having the best credit rating possible.

It's been adopted into videogame lingo to mean "big-ass fucking game".[/QUOTE]

oh cool, thx. so i guess we're giving the game a line of credit in that we trust that it will be fuckin bad ass!

bread's done
Back