Status
Not open for further replies.

sleepy180

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=26399827

Cover: Gears of War 2

- if you play the entire main campaign in co-op, there will be special cut-scenes and decisions that will affect the game various endings.

- Different difficulty settings for each player in co-op

- the length of the campaign will be around 15 hours

- a new stamina bar will determine for how long your character can run and fight, the lower the stamina, the worse your performance will be.

- a new boss called "acheron" revealed. it looks like a gargantuan mammoth that the locust use in order to destroy large vehicles

- new multiplayer mode called "ordeal", it's a mission where you compete to see who kills 100 enemies first.

- new multiplayer mode called "en-garde", chainsaws only!

- notable graphical improvements in terms of lighting and amount of enemies on screen.

Previews / hands-on:

- banjo kazooie nuts and bolts (360): a lot of what they played was mostly vehicle sections. the amount of customization is mind-blowing, sadly they haven't seen too much of platforming action.

- deblob (Wii): addictive, charming and fun wii platformer, could be a sleeper hit.

- bioshock (PS3): better load times than the 360 versions, will have the dlc that the 360 versions had, 2 new exclusive weapons: pyroplasm and shock gauntlet.

Rumors:

- Skies of Arcadia sequel will be announced sooner than you might think, along with that other SEGA franchise that you want the most, both for the Wii

- Rockband 2 will allow players to save their own videos and upload them to the internet in a "youtube-esque" mode

- God of war Chains Of Olympus will be ported to the PS2 this August, don't be surprised when this gets announced officially soon....

Reviews:

- Ninja Gaiden II "Game of the Month" (360): A [Milkman] A- [Bettenhausen] A- [Garnett Lee]

Pros: visceral combat, video mode

Cons: corny cut-scenes, awkward camera

- Metal Gear Solid IV (PS3): A [Jeremy Parish] A- [Crispin Boyer] B+ [Milkman]

Pros: refined gameplay, interesting story

Cons: more cutscenes than gameplay!

- Space Invaders Extreme (DS/PSP): A- B+ B-

- We Ski (Wii): A B- B-

- GT5 Prologue (PS3): B+ B B

- Lost Planet Colonies (PS3/360): C+ B- D+

- R-Type Command (PSP): C- B- B-

Electronic Nongaming Monthly: Wii Fit

Interesting. I love me some ninja gaiden, but MGS4 just looks like the epitome of Next Gen. The story is always awesome and there are always alot of cutscenes but they are always well done. This is the only game that has me itching to buy a ps3. On the flip side, ninja gaiden dialogue is always corny, and the camera is always akward.

Seems like their cons for both games are nothing but little nitpicks.

More cutscenes than gameplay for a fucking ACTION GAME? What the fuck is wrong with the industry these days.... :shame:

EDIT: Nevermind, for some reason I thought that comment was for NG2, not MGS4. Still fucked up, but slightly less so.

I like those Space Invaders Extreme scores. Very nice.

Also I wonder what that other Sega game they're talking about is.

If indeed kojima went overboard with the cutscenes and it's more like a PS3 tech demo with interactive bits, the B+ is fully warranted.

HELL YEAH to Chains of Olympus going to the PS2!

Skies of Arcadia sequel and a sequel to that other franchise I've been wanting most? What the fuck could it be..?:whistle2:k

While I don't expect anything too exceptional from either MGS4 or NGII... I don't really trust Milkman. He's great when it comes to classic stuff but his view of modern day stuff is iffy at best.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO! There goes my dream of MGS4 getting a 10 to compete with GTA4. Still can't believe it got a 10 on gamespot LOL
Hope NG 2 gets ported to the PS3 in the future. Thats the only game im jealous of the 360 people. Of course Bioshock is coming.

Skies of Arcadia sequel will be announced sooner than you might think, along with that other SEGA franchise that you want the most, both for the Wii
There is no Sega franchise I want other then Skies of Arcadia, Virtua Cop 1-3 Collection and House of the Dead 1 and 4 the Return.

I'm going to guess they are talking about Shenmue since there's been rumors about 1 and 2 coming out for the Wii.

I can't think of another game by Sega that I really miss.

Cuz like, everytime I'd play a game, and I'd be all like, WTF THIS SUCKS WHO MADE THIS SHIT?, and then I'd look at the box, and I'd read all like, SAAAAAAAAAAAYYY-GAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH, cuz I always say it in the way they did in the early 90s commercials, and then I'd put two and two together and I'd be all like SAAYGAHHH MADE THIS SHIT? PISS OFF SAAAYGAHHH, and then I'd like take the game and put it on the shelf in the area designated for shame, which coincidentally was all like the other Sega games.

Maybe. Maybe Jet Set Radio letting me do my own tags. That would be 17 flavors of awesome.

- Skies of Arcadia sequel will be announced sooner than you might think, along with that other SEGA franchise that you want the most, both for the Wii

Awesome, so they're going to shit on Skies of Arcadia and Fighters Megamix next.

lol its funny that NGII gets an A from Mikman despite it having "awkward camera" issues,+however, no gameplay problems reported with MGS4 and it gets a B+ from MIkman. This is why shouldn't be taking reviews too seriously.

- God of war Chains Of Olympus will be ported to the PS2 this August, don't be surprised when this gets announced officially soon....
I thought that this was officially confirmed a long time ago.. like before it hit on PSP. Maybe I just saw this and assumed it to be official.. I dunno.

[quote name='zewone']NG2 outscoring MGS4 is kind of scary, for me.[/quote]

It didn't. Read the replies.

O SNAP!

REVIEW IS FAKE.

Its funny when people actually give a shit what someone else thinks about a game.

[quote name='Thomas96']lol its funny that NGII gets an A from Mikman despite it having "awkward camera" issues,+however, no gameplay problems reported with MGS4 and it gets a B+ from MIkman. This is why (people) shouldn't be taking reviews too seriously.[/QUOTE]

Well sure, unless you agree with a review. Then it is proof that your system of choice is vastly superior to the different system all those other retards own.

Strell mentioning Jet Set Radio makes me want to hook up the Dreamcast again...I liked the XBox sequel but being able to use your own jpegs/gifs as graffiti in the DC game was fucking awesome.

why does it matter which one scores higher? It's not like they're battling for a "game of this generation and universe" award, I mean, that's what GTA IV was supposed to be right?

NG2 will score high.
MGS 4 will score high.

/end thread.

[quote name='SL4IN']why does it matter which one scores higher? It's not like they're battling for a "game of this generation and universe" award, I mean, that's what GTA IV was supposed to be right?

NG2 will score high.
MGS 4 will score high.

/end thread.[/QUOTE]

haha, no. GTA was just the appetizer. NG2 and MGS4 will be the games of the gen and universe.

[quote name='Apossum']haha, no. GTA was just the appetizer. NG2 and MGS4 will be the games of the gen and universe.[/quote]

NG2, yes.

MGS4? With all this 90 minute-a-piece cutscene business I'm hearing is just silly. If I want to watch a movie, I'll watch a movie.

[quote name='SL4IN']NG2, yes.

MGS4? With all this 90 minute-a-piece cutscene business I'm hearing is just silly. If I want to watch a movie, I'll watch a movie.[/QUOTE]

Well, then when you want to watch a movie, go for MGS4. It's probably better than 99% of the dreck the movie industry puts out anyway.

My interest in MGS4 just dropped considerably when I read that there were 90 minute cutscenes. I was planning on buying a PS3 this fall to play it but now I'm rethinking that plan...

[quote name='SL4IN']NG2, yes.

MGS4? With all this 90 minute-a-piece cutscene business I'm hearing is just silly. If I want to watch a movie, I'll watch a movie.[/QUOTE]

Cut scenes can be skipped, then you can make a quick codec call to find out where to go next.

I'm excited for some 90 minute madness about the patriots and philosophers and fox die and all that shit. Just as long as it doesn't get into post-modern self-help territory like the end of MGS2.

and not to single you out Slain, but the noise that's going to be made out of the cut scene length will be hilarious. Just remember people: nobody has a gun to your head, you can skip the cut scenes, and not miss out on game play.

[quote name='Chacrana']Well, then when you want to watch a movie, go for MGS4. It's probably better than 99% of the dreck the movie industry puts out anyway.[/quote]

This is true.

But alas, I do not own a ps3, let alone I have almost no interest in MGS4. I'm sure the series is really good, but the games just never appealed to me. NG2 is all that matters this year, until Fallout 3.

and not to single you out Slain, but the noise that's going to be made out of the cut scene length will be hilarious. Just remember people: nobody has a gun to your head, you can skip the cut scenes, and not miss out on game play.
Oh I know. I'm just not one for long cutscenes in general. And I hate skipping stuff that has to do with the main story, I'd hate to miss out on anything.

I guess I'll mention it here too, but the guy I know who's played through MGS4 doesn't remember any cutscenes near that long.

20 hours of gameplay, with hardly any task that is repeated.
It's going to be a nice ride.

Why the hell would someone go to so much trouble for posting fake scores? Because they don't like Milkman..?

I'm still wondering what that other Sega franchise is... Shenmue is the game I've heard the most about but seeing as how the games sold like ass, I don't see why they'd port it to the Wii (thought it would be cheap).

Anyway, I'm praying that they don't screw up SoA2 but deep down, I know Sega will find way...:whistle2:(

[quote name='Vinny']Why the hell would someone go to so much trouble for posting fake scores? Because they don't like Milkman..?

I'm still wondering what that other Sega franchise is... Shenmue is the game I've heard the most about but seeing as how the games sold like ass, I don't see why they'd port it to the Wii (thought it would be cheap).

Anyway, I'm praying that they don't screw up SoA2 but deep down, I know Sega will find way...:whistle2:([/quote]

Would shenmue really be cheap to port to the wii? It's still the most expensive game to date.....

[quote name='SL4IN']Would shenmue really be cheap to port to the wii? It's still the most expensive game to date.....[/quote]

Not anymore.

GTAIV is more expensive.

100 Million for GTAIV.

70 Million for Shenmue II.

Its already made it would be cheap to get on the wii.

[quote name='InuFaye']This is hillarious with the bitchfest about 90 min cutscenes.

possum and Chacrana have it right.[/QUOTE]

Has it been confirmed that there are 90 minute cutscenes? I must have missed that.

Thats one someone said, but it was probably taken out of context.

People that have played it said that nothing that long was in it.

I will fully welcome and embrace 90-minute cutscenes.

And even if that score was true, I still say: Bullshit, Metal Gear Solid 4 is the game of the month year.

[quote name='prmononoke']And even if that score was true, I still say: Bullshit, Metal Gear Solid 4 is the game of the month year.[/QUOTE]

How did you get to play it early?

[quote name='InuFaye']Thats one someone said, but it was probably taken out of context.

People that have played it said that nothing that long was in it.[/QUOTE]

How sure are you on that one?

This is the source for the ninety minute cutscene rumor, and their source is a British Playstation magazine, that supposedly played the game through to completion to review it.

Admittedly, they could be wrong...but an hour and a half of cutscenes isn't a rounding error or a bad estimate. Maybe we should wait until there are more reviews out there?

I think I was calling BS on the 90 mins of one Cutscene.

I can understand 90mins of Cutscenes all together.

So apparently MGS4 has 90 min long cutscenes, a 4.5 gb install (truely the power of Blu-Ray has been harnessed :roll:) and some kind of in-game drinks adverts.

I can see why NG2 could be better, ah well, look on the bright side PS3 owners, you'll be getting NG Sigma 2 in about 4 years\\:D/.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back