El Shaddai- $19.99 new/ $18.99 used at Gamestop

Thanks for posting.

I'll have to consider this even though I'm holding out for $14.99; judging by how quickly this has dropped, I might not have to wait much longer... ;)

EDIT: Hmm, after reading the topic that says Rayman: Origins is $29.99/$26.99 new/used at GS right now and based on the fact that the B2G1 starts tomorrow for PUR members, I might have to seriously consider getting El Shaddai, Rayman, and SMT: Devil Survivor Overclocked for about $55 total, which sounds like a good value to me:

El Shaddai: $15
Rayman: Origins: $20
SMT: DSO: $20

I'd also be able to pay for all three with GS credit. \\:D/

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Vigilante']Thanks for posting.

I'll have to consider this even though I'm holding out for $14.99; judging by how quickly this has dropped, I might not have to wait much longer... ;)

EDIT: Hmm, after reading the topic that says Rayman: Origins is $29.99/$26.99 new/used at GS right now and based on the fact that the B2G1 starts tomorrow for PUR members, I might have to seriously consider getting El Shaddai, Rayman, and SMT: Devil Survivor Overclocked for about $55 total, which sounds like a good value to me:

El Shaddai: $15
Rayman: Origins: $20
SMT: DSO: $20

I'd also be able to pay for all three with GS credit. \\:D/[/QUOTE]

I feel your calculations are slightly off. They aren't all reduced by 33%+10%, but rather $6 since thats the price of the cheapest one it seems. (El Shaddai being the cheapest and divided by 3), and presumably you'll still have tax

[quote name='Chris249942']I feel your calculations are slightly off. They aren't all reduced by 33%+10%, but rather $6 since thats the price of the cheapest one it seems. (El Shaddai being the cheapest and divided by 3), and presumably you'll still have tax[/QUOTE]No, I'm not saying that that's how much each will end up costing for the B2G1--that's how much I see myself paying for each relative to how much I'm willing to pay. I'm fully aware that the purchase will go like this:

SMT: DSO: $31.49
Rayman: Origins: $24.29
El Shaddai: Free

I'm just distributing the $55 (and yes, I know there's tax) among the three in a way that makes me feel comfortable that I'm getting a great value for the cost. :)

[quote name='Vigilante']No, I'm not saying that that's how much each will end up costing for the B2G1--that's how much I see myself paying for each relative to how much I'm willing to pay. I'm fully aware that the purchase will go like this:

SMT: DSO: $31.49
Rayman: Origins: $24.29
El Shaddai: Free

I'm just distributing the $55 (and yes, I know there's tax) among the three in a way that makes me feel comfortable that I'm getting a great value for the cost. :)[/QUOTE]

Ah, my misunderstanding. But yeah SMT:DSO and el shaddai are both fun games (el shaddai is a bit odd though). Yet to play rayman but it looks great.

This has definitely been $19.99 on Amazon for at least a week now, probably even longer.

But hey, you can get a nasty used Gamestop copy for an entire $1 less than their full price...

Was the 360 or ps3 version preferable for this? I meant to try it out when it hit this price. I hear the 360 version looks better, but the ps3 version runs better or something? Anyone have any opinions? How bigs the difference?

I think the game looks great on the 360. The artwork is amazing along with the music. Fighting is pretty repetitive, but the scenery takes your mind away from that.

[quote name='themidnighter23']I want to, but I know it'll go down even further[/QUOTE]use one of those coupons for PUR member to get it closer to your price or do a trade in deal to get a good flip just to make the price more for you.

Amazon is sold out(only 3rd party sellers) . And not many GS carry a sealed copy. I have a feeling this is gonna be semi-rare in a few months

this game is amazing. Worth more than $20 so get it because everything about it is phenomenal. One of my favorite games now.

Yeah, some of you bottom of the barrel scrapers should realize a lot of games go OOP before they hit your $10 or $5 price ranges, especially obscure games that never had big print runs.

[quote name='Stele']Yeah, some of you bottom of the barrel scrapers should realize a lot of games go OOP before they hit your $10 or $5 price ranges, especially obscure games that never had big print runs.[/QUOTE]

Just because its OOP doesn't mean it won't hit $10 or $5 it just takes time.

Also, just because the game goes OOP doesn't mean it won't continue to drop in price look at Rock of the Dead

[quote name='joshnorm']Just because its OOP doesn't mean it won't hit $10 or $5 it just takes time.

Also, just because the game goes OOP doesn't mean it won't continue to drop in price look at Rock of the Dead[/QUOTE]

Uh uh, some games won't be that cheap. Basically you're gambling but if there's a demand, the price won't go lower.

Decided to pick it up today. Was debating over this or Rayman with my $20 since both are critically acclaimed, but sold like crap, but figured Ignition could use my money more then Ubisoft.

Doesn't seem to be in stock at Amazon and I've been checking forever it seems.

I have gift cards so I'm determined.

[quote name='bardockkun']Decided to pick it up today. Was debating over this or Rayman with my $20 since both are critically acclaimed, but sold like crap, but figured Ignition could use my money more then Ubisoft.[/QUOTE]
Rayman is awesome as well as this game. They both could have got more shine than what they received.

[quote name='Roguestriker']Uh uh, some games won't be that cheap. Basically you're gambling but if there's a demand, the price won't go lower.[/QUOTE]

Name a medicore game that you couldn't have gotten cheap when it has had various price drops since the release of the game? If the price always was high then when it's OOP then yeah I can see it being expensive to get when it becomes scarce but when it goes as low as $20 I don't see that beig an issue

[quote name='Tonious']Both are pretty much the same if I'm not mistaken. But I'm going to get it on PS3 just so I can avoid the achievements. They always make me play a game differently and this is one I just want to relax and enjoy. Here's more info. http://www.lensoftruth.com/head2hea...n-of-the-metatron-demo-screenshot-comparison/[/QUOTE]

Lol I sorta do the same thing, most games I try to get most of the achievements, but I really do not care for the amount of trophies I get

Managed to find a copy today albeit gutted, considering it was the last copy and oos everywhere else I couldn't pass on it. I just had the funny feeling this might end up extremely rare and expensive down the road & really don't want to feel like kicking myself, worst case scenario this drops to $10 but I'd rather lose a few bucks as opposed to it being worth 3x as much down the line...

[quote name='Untamed Sorrow']Managed to find a copy today albeit gutted, considering it was the last copy and oos everywhere else I couldn't pass on it. I just had the funny feeling this might end up extremely rare and expensive down the road & really don't want to feel like kicking myself, worst case scenario this drops to $10 but I'd rather lose a few bucks as opposed to it being worth 3x as much down the line...[/QUOTE]you could try to pm it at BB if it's in stock & if it were to drop you'd still have 30/45 days of protection.

BestBuy didn't have any & in my experience never pricematch GameStop under the claim that it's not a qualifying competitor, Sears also pulled a similar stunt claiming they only match appliances & electronics. On a side note that same Sears as of recent completely removed its game section only selling consoles, which I found to be bizarre .

[quote name='Gosha']This was actually one of Ignitions bigger releases, so I don't think it'll ever really be too valuable.[/QUOTE]

Agreed but this is the first game I've found in a while to be such a pain in the ass to acquire new @ $19.99 within 6 months of release, last one was StarWars: Sith Edition. I would've understood if I were hunting down an LE, and even so the term LE doesn't mean much this console generation.

[quote name='media_wonder']if you buy this used to save a dollar i hope you drown, buy it new and support these devs who make us unique games.[/QUOTE]I feel you but generally for GS there deals are geared towards the used titles.

[quote name='media_wonder']if you buy this used to save a dollar i hope you drown, buy it new and support these devs who make us unique games.[/QUOTE]

Or I can save a $1 and enjoy getting a barely used game. That is 1/3 of a gallon of gas...

Is there a patch for the 360 version? Someone posted on another thread that after getting an achievement for killing 50 souls the game was pausing/freezing every time a new enemy was killed, making the game unplayable for some, anyone experience this on their 360?

[quote name='SteveDaWonder']I can't find this game new or used anywhere near me, and I live in a city. It must've sold horribly.[/QUOTE]

I went through hell finding one in NYC, I defenitely feel your pain....

[quote name='Untamed Sorrow']I went through hell finding one in NYC, I defenitely feel your pain....[/QUOTE]

I actually managed to snag the last copy at the Gamestop on Steinway Street.

bread's done
Back