El Shaddai- $19.99 new/ $18.99 used at Gamestop

[quote name='teddybass']Is there a patch for the 360 version? Someone posted on another thread that after getting an achievement for killing 50 souls the game was pausing/freezing every time a new enemy was killed, making the game unplayable for some, anyone experience this on their 360?[/QUOTE]

I heard if you recover your gamertag the freeze glitch will go away. I've already played the pants off this game back when it came out and got the glitch as well on the 360. Enjoyed the game so much I'm considering grabbing the PS3 version.

[quote name='themaster20000']I actually managed to snag the last copy at the Gamestop on Steinway Street.[/QUOTE]

I managed to get the last copy, gutted of course at the Dyckman store in Washington Heights/Inwood area. I might like to add that the instore pickup option was a godsend since the employees refused to actually look for it over the phone, claiming it was sold out, contrary to the websites stock finder. The smug attitude I received upon pickup was priceless.

The store I went to had two used copies of the title. One with the manual, the other manual lacking. Confirmed for $13.41 w/ 10% off + $5 off rewards coupon. Finding it for cheaper will probably be a long shot given the the low printing.

[quote name='TheKbob']The store I went to had two used copies of the title. One with the manual, the other manual lacking. Confirmed for $13.41 w/ 10% off + $5 off rewards coupon. Finding it for cheaper will probably be a long shot given the the low printing.[/QUOTE]

"I love it when a plan comes together" Congrats...

game was fun and trippy. very hard tho on hard difficulties tho if not using special armor. and using special armor lowers your ranking, and you need perfect play to get plat.
very tough but good stuff. those nephilim things are creepy cartoony too tho, lol
also amazing there was no chix at all in this. it was like dudes/angels only and colors

[quote name='Untamed Sorrow']$19.99 PS3 version back in stock @ Amazon, 360 is $29.99 :(

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0054INKOG/ref=mp_s_a_1?qid=1326160467&sr=8-1[/QUOTE]
Thanks. Been waiting all week for a restock and all this talk of out of print games made me nervous.

Is gutted new any different than used? I picked up my "new" copy and it was not only gutted, but this is the first time I have seen noticeable scratches from wear on the disc. I can't burn my Gamestop credit quick enough to be done with them.

It's supposed to be new. They just open up the games because of their stupid policy and security reasons. At least that's what I remember hearing. It's not supposed to be used at all. Thing is, though, that those are the copies employees rent out as well and then mark them as new regardless. Because of this, gutted "new" copies can be used and just be marked as new as some people won't make a big deal about it.

The art director who did Okami worked on El Shaddai so it shows how amazing the visuals really are in this game. Combat gets repetitive but its worth playing through just to see all the wacky art.

[quote name='SideshowNick']The art director who did Okami worked on El Shaddai so it shows how amazing the visuals really are in this game. Combat gets repetitive but its worth playing through just to see all the wacky art.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Takeyasu Sawaki. It's too bad Clover was shut down. Takeyasu Sawaki should just join up with PlatinumGames.

[quote name='Gosha']Yeah, Takeyasu Sawaki. It's too bad Clover was shut down. Takeyasu Sawaki should just join up with PlatinumGames.[/QUOTE]

Agree, the man is one of a kind. I wonder what he is working on next?

[quote name='Luxuria']It's supposed to be new. They just open up the games because of their stupid policy and security reasons. At least that's what I remember hearing. It's not supposed to be used at all. Thing is, though, that those are the copies employees rent out as well and then mark them as new regardless. Because of this, gutted "new" copies can be used and just be marked as new as some people won't make a big deal about it.[/QUOTE]

I was essentially forced (and I know I'll catch some flak here about this, I know I didn't have to buy it) but it was christmas eve and was grabbing a last minute gift and of course the only "new" copy they had was gutted, I bought it as it was a game my brother really wanted and I had no other gift for him. I found it hilarious when they put a little clear piece of plastic to "seal" it, and you're screwed if you want to return after that piece of plastic is removed. Such a stupid practice. I'm sure the discs also end up with light scratches since they put them in sleeves behind the counter and put the case out on the shelf for everyone to pick up, /endrant

bread's done
Back