El Shaddai $40 at Frys

Hmm doesn't look like any BB around me have it in store (what the website says), I am going to go in and check to see if its on the shelves.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='kiwimonster']Hmm doesn't look like any BB around me have it in store (what the website says), I am going to go in and check to see if its on the shelves.[/QUOTE]

You may want to call the store you want to go to and ask just in case. If the store has less than 3 in stock, the website will say it is unavailable.

Uh, Frys.com just sent me an e-mail saying the game is backordered and that they don't know when they'll get it in stock. How does this make sense, the game just came out this week?

I mean, I'll wait if I have to, it's a good price. It's just stupid.

Did not get a email, but checking my order status on frys.com shows that my order has been backordered as well. No rush on my end as this is a quality price for a new release.

Fry's in Austin has several Xbox and PS3 versions. I picked it up because I worked on the engine middleware, and I want to support the Ignition devs in their first week of sales.

(Plus I like this sub-genre of games.)

Hate that I don't have a Frys anywhere near me, but always see their stuff because of 2 stupid stores around the perimeter of Atlanta.

Did anyone actually pick it up at a bestbuy store? One store told me that they are not going to get it in. It can only be ordered through their website.

[quote name='Japakneez']Did anyone actually pick it up at a bestbuy store? One store told me that they are not going to get it in. It can only be ordered through their website.[/QUOTE]

A lot of the stores in our area still haven't gotten it in yet, but they are on order. I just hope we do get them in tonight or tomorrow so I can price match this. I have trade-in credit I want to use.

According to the El Shaddai twitter page, Best Buy should be getting them in the stores today or tomorrow, so when I go in to work today, I'll do a store search and let you all know. I really want this game, but I don't want to have to go to Fry's to get it.

[quote name='el swordo']i would like to throw out a shout out for the interactive distractions podcast which is one of my favorite gaming podcasts. they interviewed shane bentanhausen from ignition this week and the game sounded pretty cool. if you are interested at all please give it a listen[/QUOTE]

Shane had a great presence on last week's Weekend Confirmed, at his discussion about the game made me really interested in checking it out; but, at the same time, I have no interest in paying more than $30 for it, especially considering my existing backlog...

Anyone confirm whether or not the distribution of this game got seriously hosed somewhere along the lines? The majority of the stores around me don't have it in stock and can confirm they were supposed to get their shipments Monday to put up for sale Tuesday. Kinda odd all the big retailers all seem to be hit or miss on having the game according to replies in this thread.

[quote name='notwen']Anyone confirm whether or not the distribution of this game got seriously hosed somewhere along the lines? The majority of the stores around me don't have it in stock and can confirm they were supposed to get their shipments Monday to put up for sale Tuesday. Kinda odd all the big retailers all seem to be hit or miss on having the game according to replies in this thread.[/QUOTE]

Pretty much a confirmation right here in this thread ;). I am guessing the game will also be in low circulation.

Looks like bestbuy got their stock in today. I checked random zip codes yesterday and bestbuy didnt have it on east or west coast.

good price for those who are interested in the game, I would pick it up but unfortunately I got so many games on my backlog it would probably be around $20 by the time I get to play it.

picked up mine today after pricematch at bestbuy. managed to find and trade a copy of dj hero wii from gamestop to take 5 off shaddai as well as 5 off arkham city pre order. awesome game that wont get the attention it deserves.

Just checked my order status this morning, and my order was cancelled. Ordered it early on Monday, and had the "backordered" status until this morning. Has anyone else had any luck with this item shipping?

Damn guys don't ever look at IGN. Even if they give a review you like they are just too notorious for bs.

This game is a perfect example. There are ten reviews on Metacritic right now. The average score is 79.8. If you throw out top and bottom the average score is 82.5. IGNs score is significantly lower than anyone else. I don't have an impression of this game yet, but i do know to stay away from IGN.

As long as they give justification for their score in the review, I don't have a problem with it.

A review is an opinion, and in the IGN reviewers opinion it's not a very good game.

[quote name='linuskinrak']Just checked my order status this morning, and my order was cancelled. Ordered it early on Monday, and had the "backordered" status until this morning. Has anyone else had any luck with this item shipping?[/QUOTE]
Mine's still backordered.

That would suck if they cancel it.

while in general i agree with your statement, in this case i find the reviewer at fault, not the game. he describes the gameplay as,

"El Shaddai is a button-masher, and while you could certainly utilize some cursory combos and skills at your leisure, why would you if the game never really forces you to? You could just mash Square over and over again while occasionally blocking an enemy attack or parrying out of the way of danger."

This is totally wrong as the combat (which only uses one button) is based on timing, thus sometimes waiting to strike/counter attack patiently is more advantageous than a multi hit/button mashing combo. each enemy requires a different approach to combat and while its not the most advanced combat system ever, it is much more complex than the reviewer makes it seem.

In this case the reviewer's ignorance and impatience/lack of strategy are what justify his rating, not the actual game itself.

[quote name='whoknows']As long as they give justification for their score in the review, I don't have a problem with it.

A review is an opinion, and in the IGN reviewers opinion it's not a very good game.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like he was able to get through with mostly button mashing.

I've only played the demo, so I couldn't say for sure, but the impression the demo gave me is the combat is not very good.

I'm still interested in this game, but in no rush to play it.

[quote name='notwen']Anyone had a shipping confirmation yet? Canceled my previous pre-order for this price and am still waiting. Meh[/QUOTE]

Still in a status of Partial Backorder. Pretty disappointed with Fry's so far. Their password recovery is a plain text email, too...

[quote name='Phokis']Pretty disappointed with Fry's so far.[/QUOTE]

Likewise, twas my first online order from them; rarely do they offer online deals like this one, majority seem to be in-store only and also vary per location.

Frys, gamestop, and bestbuy are not to blame. Its manufacturing, distribution, or the publisher. who knows. One thing to keep in mind is that Frys may not get the shipment they ordered. If you can find the game somewhere else and pricematch it then grab it now.

[quote name='technicalstylez']while in general i agree with your statement, in this case i find the reviewer at fault, not the game. he describes the gameplay as,

"El Shaddai is a button-masher, and while you could certainly utilize some cursory combos and skills at your leisure, why would you if the game never really forces you to? You could just mash Square over and over again while occasionally blocking an enemy attack or parrying out of the way of danger."

This is totally wrong as the combat (which only uses one button) is based on timing, thus sometimes waiting to strike/counter attack patiently is more advantageous than a multi hit/button mashing combo. each enemy requires a different approach to combat and while its not the most advanced combat system ever, it is much more complex than the reviewer makes it seem.

In this case the reviewer's ignorance and impatience/lack of strategy are what justify his rating, not the actual game itself.[/QUOTE]
From what I heard, you don't really learn any new moves or level up your attack through out the game. Is that true?

I was not able to find this game in stores near me this weekend other than Game Stop. Of course they do not price match so I'll just have to wait until another deal on this pops up.

Finally got my shipping notification this morning. Also looks like the deal is still active for those still looking for a cheaper price on this.

[quote name='Starky27']Finally got my shipping notification this morning. Also looks like the deal is still active for those still looking for a cheaper price on this.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! My original order here was canceled, so I am trying again, hoping it ships.

[quote name='Starky27']Finally got my shipping notification this morning. Also looks like the deal is still active for those still looking for a cheaper price on this.[/QUOTE]
Same here, glad I waited and didn't cancel.

My order still showing back-ordered. Was beginning to lose faith, will give it a day or two more before I cancel the order.

[quote name='notwen']My order still showing back-ordered. Was beginning to lose faith, will give it a day or two more before I cancel the order.[/QUOTE]

I thought about cancelling my order yesterday, then today they send me a shipping notice.

PS3 version is up for the sale price still, 360 version still says unavailable.

I just opened this thread today but unfortunately they raised the price back to $60. It shows the stores in Houston have the game in stock.

bread's done
Back