Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim $34.99 (PS3/360/PC) Free Shipping

Hey does anyone know is there going to be any more DLC for Skyrim to come out?
I am trying to decide since I waited this long if I should buy it now or still hold out another 6-12 months for the G.O.T.Y edition with all the DLC.
Thanks

Still waiting for a PS3 version fix, before i buy it, if there ever is one. I'm also sure somebody will have a good black friday deal for this.

[quote name='Newl']Almost a year old, surprised still this high.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, same here. Traded in my vanilla edition ages ago and am patiently awaiting the inevitable GOTY edition with all the DLC on disc.

[quote name='lakesideflight']Any chances this will get any lower for black friday? Like $25-30?[/QUOTE]

Good price here but it will probably be lower on Black Friday which is the only reason I can think of that they would put it out at this price right now. I can't remember seeing it lower than 40 since it's been out. Another thing to keep in mind, the price of the game is going to absolutely PLUMMET because it's a downloadable code packed in with the holiday bundle. That will lower the value of the game and also allow you to cheaply buy the download code (if you don't absolutely have to have a physical copy). In the past, any time they released a download code as a pack-in, the code dropped to very cheap prices. Go to eBay and look up the prices for:
Alan Wake code
carnival games download
fruit ninja download
gunstringer download (some of these include fruit ninja also!)
child of eden download
halo reach download
Fable 3 download
I think there's a couple more that slip my mind.

You can actually look at the Skyrim codes right now for people that bought the holiday bundle prior to black Friday (stupidly) then didn't want the code for whatever reason. Clearly it shouldn't be worth as much as the physical copy but wait until after Black Friday, if the disk isn't cheap enough then, within a couple of weeks eBay will be flooded with these things. I remember watching the Carnival games one last year, I got it and a 3 month XBL card together for $8 from some woman. I couldn't fucking believe it.

[quote name='Bosamba']Yeah, same here. Traded in my vanilla edition ages ago and am patiently awaiting the inevitable GOTY edition with all the DLC on disc.[/QUOTE]
They said that there would be less than there were in Fallout 3. I think there were.....five in that? So I'd guess a total of 3-4. They're trying to make them all large amounts of content. They probably won't be done releasing DLC until the Xbox 3 comes out next holiday so....there's little chance that any (true) complete edition will come out until then. Then if you want to wait till it drops to 30 bucks you'll be waiting until the Xbox 3 is a year or two old at which point do you still want to play Skyrim? I'm just going to buy the cheap ass download card next month when eBay gets flooded with them. I bought the current DLC for 25% off this week in preparation of when I own the game (hopefully buying the download for $10 or less).

I think Shopko has it listed as $29.99 on Black Friday. I would hold off assuming BB and several others may have it as low as $19.99.

I just checked again and it is for sure $29.99 at Shopko.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='sixspeednissan']I think Shopko has it listed as $29.99 on Black Friday. I would hold off assuming BB and several others may have it as low as $19.99.[/QUOTE]
I'm assuming 20 for the disk and 8-10 for the download. If the disk is 20 somewhere then I'll buy that and hold onto it and the receipt and if I can get the d/l code cheap enough I'll return the game.

Worth noting - PC versions of Skyrim flat-out requires STEAM.

Great game, BTW.
Best deal I saw for Skyrim PC was at Retail when TRU was blowing PC games out for $10 a pop, a month ago or so.

[quote name='mikepeluso']Hey does anyone know is there going to be any more DLC for Skyrim to come out?
I am trying to decide since I waited this long if I should buy it now or still hold out another 6-12 months for the G.O.T.Y edition with all the DLC.
Thanks[/QUOTE]

The latest patch had internal references to new content (such as the island from Bloodmoon) and they just posted a teaser image on Friday.

You've got to love the Amazon Gold Box Deals that get turned into sale prices the following week. Amazon never disappoints with their lack of creativity.

[quote name='Blaster man']I'm assuming 20 for the disk and 8-10 for the download. If the disk is 20 somewhere then I'll buy that and hold onto it and the receipt and if I can get the d/l code cheap enough I'll return the game.[/QUOTE]
How big do you think that download will be?

I am going to hold out and hope that it drops even more around black friday!
blakcfri

Thanks to the new 360 bundles you can get a downloadable copy of Skyrim on ebay for way cheaper than this.

[quote name='munch']Thanks to the new 360 bundles you can get a downloadable copy of Skyrim on ebay for way cheaper than this.[/QUOTE]

That's exactly what I've been talking about. As I mentioned, after Black Friday when thousands of codes are dumped onto eBay simultaneously I expect them to be in the 8-10 range.

[quote name='sixteenvolt420']Still waiting for a PS3 version fix, before i buy it, if there ever is one.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, I really doubt there will be a ps3 fix, and ps3 DLC will never happen.

I'm holding out for the pc version. Just put together a pc that can handle it and after 85 hours on the ps3 version i'm ready to take the leap. Was very bummed out about the dlc on ps3. Now if I could only transfer my ps3 save file to pc.......that would be awesome

[quote name='munch']Thanks to the new 360 bundles you can get a downloadable copy of Skyrim on ebay for way cheaper than this.[/QUOTE]

Picked up a code on eBay a couple weeks ago for $17. One of the best single player games I've played this console generation

[quote name='emperordahc']Agreed, I really doubt there will be a ps3 fix, and ps3 DLC will never happen.[/QUOTE]

It'd be nice if Bethesda could quit releasing such broken games. Borderlands 2 is pretty expansive, and i've only had the game freeze on me once, and i've gotta be close to having 100 hours into it.

[quote name='sixteenvolt420']It'd be nice if Bethesda could quit releasing such broken games. Borderlands 2 is pretty expansive, and i've only had the game freeze on me once, and i've gotta be close to having 100 hours into it.[/QUOTE]

It's that engine Todd Howard's group uses for its games. Oblivion, Fallout 3/New Vegas, and now Skyrim on PS3 all have various bugs that range from annoying to game breaking that aren't on other platforms anymore, and also never get fixed on PS3.

bread's done
Back