Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Limited Edition Guide @ GameStop

Glad to see that there are more copies floating around now. However, I am not dying to get it so I cant see myself spending retail price on it knowing that a lot of people got it for $23 on Amazon as a pre-order.

i ordered two to get the free 3-day shipping as opposed to ordering 1 to pay for lengthy value shipping.

my plan will be to return 1 in-store, but if another store can get in stock for a cheaper price, i'll just return both. Unless of course internet prices are still high afterwards, then I'll just sell them online. :lol:

[quote name='MochaRaf']Glad to see that there are more copies floating around now. However, I am not dying to get it so I cant see myself spending retail price on it knowing that a lot of people got it for $23 on Amazon as a pre-order.[/QUOTE]

I'd much rather pay $40 for the real guide than some knockoff second run. Some limited edition huh?

[quote name='Romeo']I'd much rather pay $40 for the real guide than some knockoff second run. Some limited edition huh?[/QUOTE]

Lmao, yeah I know what you mean. I have actually found it rather rare these days to have a limited edition actually be "limited". I think a lot of companies just use it as a way to bait people into buying their product. Take NFS: Hot Pursuit for instance, to this very day the only version of this product that I have seen is the "Limited Edition".

[quote name='SkylineChili4Me']Are these the second printing already? If so the. amazon will probably have it cheaper soon.[/QUOTE]
Most likely yes as the link on bestbuy.com was going for a couple weeks but is back again. I too am waiting to see what Amazon's price will be.

[quote name='Romeo']I'd much rather pay $40 for the real guide than some knockoff second run. Some limited edition huh?[/QUOTE]

It doesn't say limited edition anywhere on the guide.

What? How is this not the real guide and why is a second pressing a knockoff run? There is no difference in the first run or the second run except for when they were printed. Are people really that big of elitists that they'd refuse a second pressing of a video game strategy guide or is this just bitching for the sake of bitching?

I ordered one all with Gamestop credit with the intent on returning it and rebuying it in-store with the Powerup Rewards coupon that gives $20 off...plus it should give me the tax back, too. If not, I'll just return it.

[quote name='omyard']What? How is this not the real guide and why is a second pressing a knockoff run? There is no difference in the first run or the second run except for when they were printed. Are people really that big of elitists that they'd refuse a second pressing of a video game strategy guide or is this just bitching for the sake of bitching?[/QUOTE]

It sounds like someone who paid up thinking it would be limited and now irritated that it's not ;)

I'm wondering if there is any distinction between second run and further prints from the first batch (assuming no edits etc). Maybe there's some code or version history on the first few pages before the first real page like with textbooks.

[quote name='omyard']What? How is this not the real guide and why is a second pressing a knockoff run? There is no difference in the first run or the second run except for when they were printed. Are people really that big of elitists that they'd refuse a second pressing of a video game strategy guide or is this just bitching for the sake of bitching?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='JaylisJayP']It sounds like someone who paid up thinking it would be limited and now irritated that it's not ;)[/QUOTE]

I don't own Skyrim nor the guide.

omyard, sure call me an elitist. I am a collector and as such I only want originals. And as another member said, how is something a LIMITED EDITION if it's reprinted. That's not limited whatsoever.

[quote name='Romeo']I don't own Skyrim nor the guide.

omyard, sure call me an elitist. I am a collector and as such I only want originals. And as another member said, how is something a LIMITED EDITION if it's reprinted. That's not limited whatsoever.[/QUOTE]

It's a Collector's Edition, not a Limited Edition.

[quote name='Pookymeister']It's a Collector's Edition, not a Limited Edition.[/QUOTE]

i think it prima website has it as a limited collectors edition though im not sure and i dont care. Im amazed that anyone actually thinks there such a thing a "limited edition" without them providing a actual number, its limited to the people who buy them.

[quote name='IcBluScRn']i think it prima website has it as a limited collectors edition though im not sure and i dont care. Im amazed that anyone actually thinks there such a thing a "limited edition" without them providing a actual number, its limited to the people who buy them.[/QUOTE]

^
This x 100...

If it ain't numbered, it ain't limited. That's just foolish to think so.

The term "Limited Edition" means absolutely nothing in the video gaming world. Very few LE versions of games are actually limited.

[quote name='Izod517']That may be true but this discussion is the book world not the video game world. Not that the same isn't true.[/QUOTE]

It's the guide for a video game, hardly literature.

All Bethesda game guides end of being limited in the end even if they were never intended to be. Look at Elder Scrolls III, Elder Scrolls IV, and Fallout 3 are all hard to find, even Fallout New Vegas Collectors Guide is getting hard to locate. If you want it, I would buy it now rather then later; chances are it will not be there.

I grabbed it. Manager in store said to just bring it in with the pur coupon and she would adjust the price and take off the tax since im paying all with credit. Will end up costing me less than 20.

bread's done
Back