Elite Beat Agents (Ouedan domestic) - Now with Song List

dyreschlock

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
looks like Ouendan is getting a domestic release with a complete makeover

http://e3src.nintendo.com/games/ds/elite_beat_agents/

whoo hooo ... i think i'll import Ouendan anyways.

October 16th Update
Track listing via GameLife:
  1. Walkie Talkie Man - Steriogram
  2. ABC - Jackson Five
  3. Sk8er Boi - Avril Lavigne
  4. I Was Born to Love You - Queen
  5. Rock This Town - Stray Cats
  6. Highway Star - Deep Purple
  7. Y.M.C.A. - Village People
  8. September - Earth, Wind and Fire
  9. Canned Heat - Jamiroquai
  10. Material Girl - Madonna
  11. La La - Ashlee Simpson
  12. You're the Inspiration - Chicago
  13. Survivor - Destiny's Child
  14. Without a Fight - Hoobastank
  15. Believe - Cher
  16. Let's Dance - David Bowie
  17. Jumpin Jack Flash - Rolling Stones
  18. Makes No Difference - Sum 41
  19. The Anthem - Good Charlotte

one of the reasons why I love Ouendan is that rad soundtrack :) so I wonder if it'll still be really fun with a new soundtrack. any word if the soundtrack is going to be in Japanese or English?

I'll have to check this one out when it is released to see if it is worth buying. Nice to see that it's a completely "new" game.

sounds more like a sequel (or at least an expasion) than a "domestic version" to me. Just like Guitar Hero 2. Different songs. Different story. Same gameplay.

I'm glad it's a different game than Ouendan, but I really wish they hadn't ditched the male cheerleaders for generic guys in black business suits.

They could have thought of SOMETHING a little more creative than that.

Whats the cheapest place to pick up ouendan? japanese version.. looks amazing.

[quote name='Purple Flames']I'm glad it's a different game than Ouendan, but I really wish they hadn't ditched the male cheerleaders for generic guys in black business suits.

They could have thought of SOMETHING a little more creative than that.[/quote]

dude, they don't look that generic ^_^. have you seen the hair?

Elite Beat Agents? More like Masturbation Club, m i rite?

Okay, so I'm buying it if the music isn't crap.

[quote name='jer7583']Whats the cheapest place to pick up ouendan? japanese version.. looks amazing.[/QUOTE]

eBay - got my copy for about $40 shipped from Japan new.

I saw the video for it and the style of the art is pretty much the same. I thought the situations in Ouendan were really well done (The Giant Father Vs. Rat Monster?! Helping a violinist w/ a stomach ache?! Priceless!)

I hope that this new one comes up with equally memorable situations.

Although how they're going to top Ready! Steady! GO! is beyond me.

H-E-L-P!! doesn't have the same ring as "OOOUENDAAAAN!!!!" but it's nice to see an English sequel! :)

http://ds.ign.com/articles/705/705544p1.html
http://www.gamespot.com/e3/e3story.html?sid=6149477&pid=933052

IGN and Gamespot both have a hands-on, but IGN has a link to a sound clip of one of the game's songs, "Walkie Talkie Man." It sounds great.

Levels confirmed:
- Director needs help with movie
- Lost dog trying to get home: "Highway Star" by Deep Purple
- Babysitter trying to keep a lovelife while taking care of a child: "Walkie Talkie Man" by Steriogram

EDIT:
Word is on GameFAQs (EDIT2: Confirmed by GameSpot's hands-on) that the song for the lost dog level is Deep Purple's "Highway Star." This may be the "Judas Priest-like" song that Kotaku was talking about in their hands-on. In any case, the song's music video is up at YouTube, if you want to listen to it.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']So is this a total conversion to be used for US audiences (english music?) or a full on sequal?[/QUOTE]

More like completely new spin-off.

Dammit, if they want this game to be successful, then they need a song from the 1980's! They need...
:silence:
:more silence:
DUN-DUN-DUN-DUN DUN-DUN-DUN-DUNDUNDUN
We can dance if we want to.
We can leave your friends behind.
'cause your friends don't dance
And if they don't dance,
Then they're no friends of mine.

Sweet. I've pretty much played out my Ouendan, so a sequel is aweosme!

(Obviously I'm not tired of Ouendan, I've jsut played out the unlockables and whatnot)

Track listing via GameLife:
  1. Walkie Talkie Man - Steriogram
  2. ABC - Jackson Five
  3. Sk8er Boi - Avril Lavigne
  4. I Was Born to Love You - Queen
  5. Rock This Town - Stray Cats
  6. Highway Star - Deep Purple
  7. Y.M.C.A. - Village People
  8. September - Earth, Wind and Fire
  9. Canned Heat - Jamiroquai
  10. Material Girl - Madonna
  11. La La - Ashlee Simpson
  12. You're the Inspiration - Chicago
  13. Survivor - Destiny's Child
  14. Without a Fight - Hoobastank
  15. Believe - Cher
  16. Let's Dance - David Bowie
  17. Jumpin Jack Flash - Rolling Stones
  18. Makes No Difference - Sum 41
  19. The Anthem - Good Charlotte

I'll add to the OP.

[quote name='iheartmetal']ugh, my interest just dropped

i guess ill just finally import Ouendan.[/quote]

I borrowed my friend's Ouendan and I don't know what the songs are saying, but they're infinitely better than that shitty excuse for a track listing.

Why must the majority of domesticated music games be filled with shitty music?

OH GOD. wow. damn. fuck.

I think the only good songs are Jumpin Jack Flash and Canned Heat (though I haven't heard the Jamiroquai song)

I was thinking of getting another DS for this and Castlevania..nvm.

Believe - Cher

WTF.

Maybe it's my love of heavy metal and alternative, but I really wish they'd go with a song list like they have in (ye olde upcoming) Guitar Hero II.

-HM

The gameplay is good enough that I'll buy it.

But I urge everybody to import Ouendan. The music, gameplay, and humor are all top notch.

:shock:

Ouch, that soundtrack just broke my heart :cry:

I was so excited about this game, but not as much anymore....

Good thing I've had Ouendan for a few months though, its awesome :D

[quote name='Apossum']Canned Heat (though I haven't heard the Jamiroquai song)
[/QUOTE]

If you've seen Napoleon Dynamite, you've definitely heard it. That's probably the only reason most people have heard it...

[quote name='chargeup45']If you've seen Napoleon Dynamite, you've definitely heard it. That's probably the only reason most people have heard it...[/quote]
My friend read the list, and said that was all the reason he needed to buy the US release. Maybe I'll just play his copy. ;)

[quote name='chargeup45']Oh... and that song list is really crappy. Perhaps I will join the importing scene for this one... is there an English option?[/QUOTE]

No, but you don't need it.

[quote name='daroga']My friend read the list, and said that was all the reason he needed to buy the US release. Maybe I'll just play his copy. ;)[/QUOTE]

your friend sucks

[quote name='iheartmetal']your friend sucks[/QUOTE]

AHAHAHAHAHAHA....awesome.

[quote name='Hollow Man']Maybe it's my love of heavy metal and alternative, but I really wish they'd go with a song list like they have in (ye olde upcoming) Guitar Hero II.

-HM[/QUOTE]

Hey, the two games share one track, at least.

I hate half the tracks, but the other half should be fun...oh, who am I kidding, I loved Ouendan, I'm powerless to resist this anyway.

Ouch! that playlist is pretty terrible. I like The Rolling Stones, Bowie, Queen, and The Jackson 5, but Avril Levine, Good Charlette, Ashley Simpson... the list goes on and on full of teeny-bopper crap. Given that the game's agents seem to parody 70s cop shows, I think it would have been wise to limit it to nothing newer than '79 and stick with the classics.

The good news is that I can save $30, since I already have Ouendan, and thus won't be buying this.

Ladies and gentlemen, we finally have a song list that can compete with Lumines II's for the title of "Worst fucking thing ever."

I'm just importing Ouendan and calling it quits.

bread's done
Back