Elite Beat Agents (Ouedan domestic) - Now with Song List

Asian Kung-fu Generation - Loop & Loop (by Kyōya Asada)
Morning Musume - Koi no Dance Site (by Kaoru Kubota, Fumio Kobayashi, Yūko Yajima, Mari Nabatame, and Akina Okabayashi)
Ulfuls - Guts da ze!! (by Hiroaki Takeuchi)
175R - Melody (original version)
The Blue Hearts - Linda Linda (by Daisaku Shimada of Bevenuts)
nobodyknows+ - Kokoro Odoru (by BUGASHMAN, CANTAMAN, MOSS, MOUSE-P, and SAUSEN)
B'z - Atsuki Kodō no Hate (by Tetsushi Kimura)
Tomoyasu Hotei - Thrill (by Hiroaki Takeuchi)
Road of Major - Taisetsu na Mono (by NoB)
Linda Yamamoto - Neraiuchi (by Kaoru Kubota)
Kishidan - One Night Carnival (by Kei Imai of South 2 Camp)
Hitomi Yaida - Over The Distance (by Ayako Kawajima)
The Yellow Monkey - Taiyō ga Moete iru (by Mitsuru Yanagisako)
Orange Range - Shanghai Honey (by BUGASHMAN, CANTAMAN, MOSS, MOUSE-P, SAUSEN, mimi, and Akasanajar)
L'Arc~en~Ciel - Ready Steady Go (by Tetsushi Kimura)

[quote name='jasonlives13']Are the songs from Ouendan really that much better? Can someone post some links to some of the songs if possible?[/quote]the songs are in the link in my sig. click video game music, then click "o" for Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan! Original Songs

[quote name='iheartmetal']ugh, my interest just dropped

i guess ill just finally import Ouendan.[/QUOTE]

Same.

Kind of odd people are saying the song list sucks, yet they are still going to buy the US version... that's just showing Nintendo that they made a good choice with the song list, so we can see Elite Beat Agents 2 with more pop trash.

The only way I'll touch the US version now is if it clearances for under $10, and that's a big maybe.

I bet that dude on here obsessed with Britney Spears and Paris Hilton will come in and bust 10 nuts over the soundtrack, though.

[quote name='Roufuss']Kind of odd people are saying the song list sucks, yet they are still going to buy the US version... that's just showing Nintendo that they made a good choice with the song list, so we can see Elite Beat Agents 2 with more pop trash.[/QUOTE]It's not all pop trash. There are more songs I like than hate, and the rest I don't think I've heard of. Half of the songs on Ouendan I didn't like initially until hearing it several times (i.e. Morning Musume). Plus, I think it's much more likely we'll never see an EBA2 than an EBA2 with more pop trash. While I'm disappointed with the list, I'm still happy that they localized it at all. I agree w/Mr. Durand Pierre that they should have stuck with the classics.

[quote name='iheartmetal']your friend sucks[/quote]
Yeah... well... YOU suck. Yeah, there ya go!!!!!

I'm pretty sure he was joking anyway. ;)

[quote name='judyjudyjudy']It's not all pop trash. There are more songs I like than hate, and the rest I don't think I've heard of. Half of the songs on Ouendan I didn't like initially until hearing it several times (i.e. Morning Musume). Plus, I think it's much more likely we'll never see an EBA2 than an EBA2 with more pop trash. While I'm disappointed with the list, I'm still happy that they localized it at all. I agree w/Mr. Durand Pierre that they should have stuck with the classics.[/quote]If you listen to the song from Asian Kung Fu Generation (first track through banpeikun's sig link), I'm sorry, but that sounds just like any song a male pop group sings here. People just don't hate J-pop because they don't ever hear it.

Diagasso's the only game I've imported so far, and most of the songs on there aren't really hot shit. But the beats work well for the game, and that's the important part. I'm sure I will hate Ashlee Simpson as much in EBA as I do on the radio (though actually I don't think I've ever heard her songs, I just hate her), but plenty of those songs from even marginal groups will work fine.

I guess one question that's appropriate - is singing present in either Osu or EBA, or just the music?

[quote name='botticus']If you listen to the song from Asian Kung Fu Generation (first track through banpeikun's sig link), I'm sorry, but that sounds just like any song a male pop group sings here. People just don't hate J-pop because they don't ever hear it.

Diagasso's the only game I've imported so far, and most of the songs on there aren't really hot shit. But the beats work well for the game, and that's the important part. I'm sure I will hate Ashlee Simpson as much in EBA as I do on the radio (though actually I don't think I've ever heard her songs, I just hate her), but plenty of those songs from even marginal groups will work fine.

I guess one question that's appropriate - is singing present in either Osu or EBA, or just the music?[/QUOTE]

Well, when I hate 1/2 of the lineup that's really not an incentive for me to pick up the game. Maybe if 1 or 2 tracks sucked, but I count no less than 8 or 9, at least for me.

And no, Cher dosen't work well for any game, not even the beats. I hate that song so damn much. How is she even still alive?

[quote name='botticus']I guess one question that's appropriate - is singing present in either Osu or EBA, or just the music?[/QUOTE]Singing is present in both. They pretty much use the songs in their orignal form, just truncated.

Also, is the song that was on the EBA demo even in the song list (the weird dog song)?

[quote name='Chacrana']Ladies and gentlemen, we finally have a song list that can compete with Lumines II's for the title of "Worst fucking thing ever."

[/QUOTE]

Actually. Lumines II is still going to be awesome. They talked about it on the last 1up show, and were raving about it even with some of the lame US tracks because they left in the really good Japanese ones.

http://gamevideos.com/video/id/6804

[quote name='Roufuss']Well, when I hate 1/2 of the lineup that's really not an incentive for me to pick up the game. Maybe if 1 or 2 tracks sucked, but I count no less than 8 or 9, at least for me.

And no, Cher dosen't work well for any game, not even the beats. I hate that song so damn much. How is she even still alive?[/quote]In the case, I would recommend listening to all the songs in Ouendan first to make sure you like them, but I don't think anyone here imported based on the song list. Other than Ready Steady Go, which is fun - I'm glad they included that one in Daigasso as well.

P.S. Roufuss loves Cher.

[quote name='botticus']
P.S. Roufuss loves Cher.[/QUOTE]

I can hear something inside me say,
I really don't think you're strong enough
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

[quote name='Roufuss']I can hear something inside me say,
I really don't think you're strong enough
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo[/quote]:rofl: I wasn't going to embarass you by posting that myself, but good show.

[quote name='botticus']:rofl: I wasn't going to embarass you by posting that myself, but good show.[/QUOTE]

It's because I believe in love after love.

[quote name='manthing']Shouldn't you believe in life after love?[/QUOTE]

Ha, I guess it makes more sense that way. It's easily explainable though, because I'm with the skater boy, so see ya later boy, i'll be back stage after the show, i'll be at the studio.

You know, singing the song we wrote.

ouendan has always been about the goofy ridiculous stories though rather than the music. i'm sure after the game comes out all the different scenarios will make you forget about whether or not you hate so-and-so pop trash. i probably wouldn't have liked half the songs on the import game if i just popped them into a cd player, but i like them all because they go in the game with these funny stories.

[quote name='Roufuss']Ha, I guess it makes more sense that way. It's easily explainable though, because I'm with the skater boy, so see ya later boy, i'll be back stage after the show, i'll be at the studio.

You know, singing the song we wrote.[/QUOTE]

Man, this game is aimed squarely at you. That's taking a joke too far -- you are now compelled by law to buy at least 14 copies of this.

*head spins uncontrollably*

[quote name='banpeikun']i probably wouldn't have liked half the songs on the import game if i just popped them into a cd player, but i like them all because they go in the game with these funny stories.[/quote]

I had considered importing the game, but it's comments like these that make me wonder if I should. How can I enjoy the funny stories if I can't read Japanese?

-HM

[quote name='Hollow Man']I had considered importing the game, but it's comments like these that make me wonder if I should. How can I enjoy the funny stories if I can't read Japanese?

-HM[/quote]Cause they're stories about male cheerleaders pushing you to complete goofy tasks?

[quote name='Hollow Man']I had considered importing the game, but it's comments like these that make me wonder if I should. How can I enjoy the funny stories if I can't read Japanese?

-HM[/QUOTE]The stories are told in a graphical manner, like a comic book. While there is some Japanese text, it doesn't take any Japanese knowledge to get the gist of the stories and their humor.

[quote name='botticus']Cause they're stories about male cheerleaders pushing you to complete goofy tasks?[/quote]

Except that I can't read Japanese. The whole idea of male cheerleaders is fantastic. It has style, which Elite Beat just doesn't seem to have.

-HM

[quote name='Hollow Man']Except that I can't read Japanese. The whole idea of male cheerleaders is fantastic. It has style, which Elite Beat just doesn't seem to have.

-HM[/quote]I was just implying that stories such as that transcend any sort of language barrier.

Do you guys not know Japanese and can vouch for this? Unfortunately, it doesn't look like I can snag this thing for any cheaper than around $40, so it would stink to buy it and be like, "Eh, what the hell is going on?"

-HM

[quote name='Chacrana']Man, this game is aimed squarely at you. That's taking a joke too far -- you are now compelled by law to buy at least 14 copies of this.

*head spins uncontrollably*[/QUOTE]

This reminds me of a song...

You make me wanna la la
in the kitchen on the floor
I'll be a french maid
When I meet you at the door
I'm like an alley cat
Drink the milk up, I want more
You make me wanna
You make me wanna scream

[quote name='Hollow Man']Do you guys not know Japanese and can vouch for this? Unfortunately, it doesn't look like I can snag this thing for any cheaper than around $40, so it would stink to buy it and be like, "Eh, what the hell is going on?"

-HM[/QUOTE]I just did. I mean, I have really, really elementary knowledge of Japanese, none of which helped with my understanding of the story elements. In the end, it's a rhythm game with good music, excellent gameplay, and great (visual) humor. I'm pretty sure most of the people on CAG have little or no Japanese understanding, yet there's constantly praise for it. Look at gameplay videos on IGN.

http://media.ds.ign.com/media/746/746980/vids_1.html

Wait, hold up, now I KNOW the game won't have lyrics because look at those lyrics to La La by Ashlee Simpson... no way Nintendo is going to approve a song that talks about having sex in the kitchen and being a french maid.

And then "drinking the milk up, I want more"? Wow, good choice for a song! Haha, I just saw Judy's post that said singing IS in... I almost want to buy it because NoA has put in a song about sex now.

In other news, I didn't realize Ashlee Simpson had become overly sexualized.

[quote name='Roufuss']Wait, hold up, now I KNOW the game won't have lyrics because look at those lyrics to La La by Ashlee Simpson... no way Nintendo is going to approve a song that talks about having sex in the kitchen and being a french maid.[/QUOTE]Oh god, I just checked out this song on Youtube, and there's a video of her performing this live. So... bad... I'd post the link, but I don't want to deter more people from getting EBA :(

I just got and played the demo and it was fun. The Steriogram song is decent. But no matter how you slice it, you can't reasonably argue that "You're the Inspiration" is a good choice. It's not exactly upbeat, so I'm not quite sure how that'll play out in this game.

Does whet my appetite for Ouendan though. Maybe I'll just cave and buy it. It seems like its songs are overall a bit more rockin' (at least what I've heard in the on-line videos).

-HM

Is the demo you can play at the DS download stations representative of the US version? If it is, I didn't have a CLUE as to what the fuck the song playing during all of that insanity was. It sounded like the driveling clamor of a madman being looped over the fucking bizzare Japanese conception of a portion of American suburbia.

And I loved it.

Well, you guys got me. Ordered Ouendan from YesAsia for $39.99 shipped. Not a CAG price by any means, but I doubt I was going to do much better anytime soon.

I just think that the American version has lost something in the localization. The whole government agency bit just isn't as inspired as a cheerleader squad (cheerleaders egging people on at least makes sense in this absurdly wacky premise for a game).

The whole EBA thing is sort of like watching Battle of the Planets instead of Gatchaman.

-HM

[quote name='Sk8erlink7']I just got back from reserving my copy of this game. It's going to be a great thing to have while camping out for my Wii![/quote]i bet the wii release will sell more DSes also from campers haha

[quote name='Roufuss']Wait, hold up, now I KNOW the game won't have lyrics because look at those lyrics to La La by Ashlee Simpson... no way Nintendo is going to approve a song that talks about having sex in the kitchen and being a french maid.

And then "drinking the milk up, I want more"? Wow, good choice for a song! Haha, I just saw Judy's post that said singing IS in... I almost want to buy it because NoA has put in a song about sex now.

In other news, I didn't realize Ashlee Simpson had become overly sexualized.[/QUOTE]
:shock: If Nintendo allowed a song with such lyrics, then "Time Warp" should damn well be this "surprising" final song that Inis was talking about.

[quote name='banpeikun']the songs are in the link in my sig. click video game music, then click "o" for Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan! Original Songs[/QUOTE]

Thanks!

[quote name='Cao Cao']:shock: If Nintendo allowed a song with such lyrics, then "Time Warp" should damn well be this "surprising" final song that Inis was talking about.[/QUOTE]

Well, they allowed the song, but let's see if the lyrics stay in unchanged.

[quote name='Hollow Man']Anyone know if the songs will be covers (like 14 of the 15 on Ouendan) or the originals?

-HM[/quote]
My guess is yes. Most rhythm games (Donkey Konga, Guitar Hero, DDR, Ouendan, etc.) are.

Wow. That is the scariest track list I have ever seen. I don't care how much fun the gameplay is. If it involves listening to garbage like that, it's not worth it.

bread's done
Back