Emergency Lowball (OVER)

Haven't heard anything since I paid too. Hope this doesn't turn out bad again. Would be the second time.... Happens kinda often in the lowball forum doesn't it?

Got my package on Saturday, so things still seem to be coming for some people. I can check the postmark if anyone is interested.

Best of luck to the Genesis guys, I've been digging for some manuals for a while and understand the pain.

Dang hopefully all of you guys get your lowball winnings sorted out. I just wanted to say that Frosty did send me my two items and everything was in fantastic condition "both items I won were new" and the shipping time was pretty quick for me. I just want to let some people breath a little easier if they have not gotten their items, hopefully he logs in soon and checks this thread. Hope you all get your things soon.

Just a heads up gang, got my items finally today.  Items..were...less than desired.  The faceplates both were missing pieces.  I'm a little annoyed by the mystery of everything.  Kinda left a bad tinge on the experience.  I hope everyone gets their things and Frosty actually shows up and starts communicating with everyone.  I've done two lowballs and know that it is busy and with work and life, it takes some time, but keeping good communication with everyone involved is key.  Even if you are delayed or whatever, just letting the consumer know whats going on, eases everyones mind.  Hopefully he comes around.

just to clarify, my items did come as described. but i still feel for all of you that didnt get what you thought you were getting. dob, i bid on the faceplates and like I said to deathfromace about the genesis manual (mia), i would be pretty upset about that had i won the item. and max, the disc not being in the case could (hopefully) just be a mistake...

this is the type of shit that makes throwing a lowball hard - as someone who has thrown about 5 (soon to be six), i always worry about making sure everyone gets what the won and is happy with it. to just kind of abandon the process is wrong, and gives bidders a worrisome feeling that may lead them to not participate in future auctions.

i have had alot of great transactions on this site, its a good community. hope this gets straightened around.

just to clarify, my items did come as described. but i still feel for all of you that didnt get what you thought you were getting. dob, i bid on the faceplates and like I said to deathfromace about the genesis manual (mia), i would be pretty upset about that had i won the item. and max, the disc not being in the case could (hopefully) just be a mistake...

this is the type of shit that makes throwing a lowball hard - as someone who has thrown about 5 (soon to be six), i always worry about making sure everyone gets what the won and is happy with it. to just kind of abandon the process is wrong, and gives bidders a worrisome feeling that may lead them to not participate in future auctions.

i have had alot of great transactions on this site, its a good community. hope this gets straightened around.
I am starting to worry what i am going to get. if and when i actually get it. lol

I sent my message on the 22nd as I made the post here first hoping he would get back to me but figured if I sent a PM he would get an email saying he got one but so far he has not read it.

ok... should i be worried? Sent my addy on the 13'th got the total almost a week later on the 18th, paid immediately.. now the friggin 26th with no update or replay at all. I'm still not listed as shipped or anything in the OP. After reading the past few pages im concerned this may be my first bunk lowbal, ive had great experiences in the past. That shit about the missing manuals is real BS btw, i feel for you man

I hope i get my stuff and that its all complete as claimed o_O This lowbal seems like kind of a mess. Im a bit concerend since this wasnt an item or two, i spent about 90 bucks on this shit

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it possible for a mod to make sure he has not actually been online? His profile on that aspect is private so hard to tell if he is seeing the pms are there but just ignoring them.

I would like to hope he is just busy but this time delay is a bit much. I've been holding out on sending feedback but it appears it's going to be negative at this rate. I'll give till the 30th then I guess I'm going with negative and just sucking up the loss of the manuals and while that does suck I didn't spend near a much as other people have and at least got something....

Not sure how many horrible lowballs there have been in the past but maybe it's time to make it a rule that the person hosting the lowball has to suck up the fees taken out by paypal because I can imagine some people tried to be nice paying with the friends and family so they would have no way to get a refund.

Last edited by a moderator:
yea that manual things crap especially after he replied that they are all complete. I really hope your right and hes just really busy, but still... when you have a few items still out and a lowball unfinished you really gotta check in a few  times a week at LEAST. I guess the old adage that if you dont think you have time to run the lowball... then dont do it until you do have the time

I'm also shocked videogamecollector has not posted anything here as he technically ran it as well. Do they not know eachother or was he just helping keep it sort of updated?

my understanding was he was keeping an eye on it while frosty was out of state and without net or something. I think he kinda washed his hands of it when he got back home. Though i wish hed put all the items in a spoiler tag. It takes a while to scroll to the 3rd post. Hopefully we get a response or update after turkey day. My B-day is actually on it this year, so a nice present would be realizing i didn't just blow 90 bucks for nothing >_<

In Frosty's defense, I paid on the 16th and got my items on the 20th or 21st. The four Xbox games were complete and like new, and they were packaged well. I didn't wait for him to PM me an invoice, but rather I contacted him since he seemed to be busy at the time.

and in VGC defense, he was just helping out/being a nice guy. so i dont think he would know anything about the shipping situation.

as for those who have paid and not received items (or just need something resolved) I would PM a mod (pookymeister) to see if anything can be done on that end. it seems to get a response faster than just flashy the bat signal here (non pun intended).

i can agree with blade though, i sent my address and paid, got my stuff and it was packed well. its unfortunate, as I have traded in the past with frosty and everything went smooth then too. i would like to think this can be resolved without anything drastic based on that.

My stuff was nicely packed especially the boxed items I won.  My only gripes would be the completeness of one of the SMS games (Ghostbusters) - I thought "Complete" would include the manual as well; also one of the PSP games (Legend of Heroes) was a no-show. 

My stuff was nicely packed especially the boxed items I won. My only gripes would be the completeness of one of the SMS games (Ghostbusters) - I thought "Complete" would include the manual as well; also one of the PSP games (Legend of Heroes) was a no-show.
they were supposed to have the manuals, but deathfromace got two without as well...

so you paid for a game and didnt receive it?

^ Yeah, it was a $4 game that wasn't included in the box.  But in the grand scheme of things I was more fortunate than others and I'm thankful I got everything else considering the $ spent.  Hopefully everyone else's package will trickle through eventually, although I understand the frustration of getting no response from the lowball handler as it happened previously as someone already mentioned.

^ Yeah, it was a $4 game that wasn't included in the box. But in the grand scheme of things I was more fortunate than others and I'm thankful I got everything else considering the $ spent. Hopefully everyone else's package will trickle through eventually, although I understand the frustration of getting no response from the lowball handler as it happened previously as someone already mentioned.
thats sucks man. but its nice to see you have a positive attitude about it!

So when I signed on today, Frosty left me some feedback, saying that I was a great CAG to work with, for buying stuff from the worst lowball ever. Hopefully this is a sign that Frosty hasn't skipped town and intends to fix everyone's problems

got my stuff this week. Havent had time to sort through it all but at least it finally arived... scared to check if they all have their manuals o_O

I've never had more of an internal debate on what kind of feedback I should leave. I was very near just leaving negative feedback for the long delay but felt it was worth waiting out and seeing how the entire thing ended and I'm glad I did. When you came back you very quickly acknowledged the issues and made up for them. In the end I decided to do positive feedback as while it was rough most of the way through you came through with a nice solution.

I felt the need to post this here as while I did leave positive feedback I linked the thread and figured people would read more as I only have so much room to type in the feedback comments :D

PS3:
Heavy Rain 3$
God of War: Ascension 3$

PS2:
Burnout Revenge 2$

Blu-Ray:
Stepbrothers 2$
The Internship 2$
Fast 6 2$
Pacific Rim 2$

Dude, I understand being in an accident.

I got into a nasty one on 7/1. It sucks being in that situation.

Hope I can win a couple items from you.

Sorry to hear about the personal issues and the accident,  hopefully you can be an advocate of the dangers of texting and driving. May the force be with you during your time of strife. 

I'm into this LB for quite a few things! Looking forward to the start!

The Last of us ( survival edition ) it's that the one you got in a lowball? I still remember that ( because you outbid me LOL )

Damn dude, that sucks to hear. I'll heavily consider dropping on some things, but depends on how much money I have by then

bread's done
Back