Employees Of All Stores - Post Your Stupid And Funny Customer Stories - Part Cinco

to sum it in the thousand people coming in saying they are gonna call Trade commsion and such on me and my store because we have Wii box's on display and no Wii's

I work at Blockbuster.

On sundays we have the massive reprice/transfer/destroy pull. What I do when I reprice movies is take all the dvd's from the shelf and bring them up to the front. So in the middle of taking 60+ dvd's (my whole arm is filled up with dvd's to my neck, and about 6-8 dvd's in my other hand), this little fucking douchebag comes up, asks if we have a movie in stock, and asks me to show it to him, while I am strugging to keep the dvd's in my arms and not drop them all over the floor. Can't they just wait a few seconds after I drop my shit at the front?

A huge pet peeve of mine is people who put change on the counter, even if you have your hand in a cup-like position, something that suggests to people "put change here". And next thing you know, they drop 4 pennies, 5 dimes, 6 nickels, and 3 quarters on the counter, and having to pick each one up, one by one. I am ALWAYS tempted to put their change on the counter when I hand it back to them, but professionalism takes the best of me, and drop it in their hand.

As far as people mispronouncing movie titles, best I've come across is:

V for Vendetta - V for Velveeta

Oh, and a guess a good story to finish off with. It didn't happen to me, but my store manager, I was working with him at the time, and was ringing up people on another register, so I was able to get clips and pieces of what was going on.

So these customers drop off a few games in the drop box. They come in, pick out some movies to rent come to the front. The games were autosold to their account, so we had to check them in before they could rent. My SM looks in the dropbox, with no games to be found.

SM: Your games aren't in the drop box, could you have left them in your car or something?
C: Bullshit, I put them in there before I came in.
SM: Well, I'll look again. *checks the drop box, and also in the game cabinet in case someone missed it while checking things in*. I'm not finding anything
C: I just dropped them in there. Either you or someone who works here must have stole it.

Alright. NEVER suggest to the person that is doing their best to help you, to accuse them of stealing.

SM: *shocked, then takes the basket from the dropbox and shows it to the customer* There is nothing in here sir, and nobody here would attempt to steal something. There are even cameras all around.
C: *is really pissed and just stares at my SM*
SM: Could you have left it in your car or at home? The system literally won't let me rent to you as you have a ~70 balance on your account. Could you check and make sure? If you can't find it, call us back and we will work something out.
C: *throws movies down and storms out*

Customer shows up 10 minutes later, throws the games on the counter, and walks out. Didn't even apologize or say anything. WHAT THE fuck

But probably the best part of my job is the ability to choose who I rent to.

Case in point, this kid cames in every week, the most annoying brat I've seen. He is ~14, if he doesn't get what he wants, he drops to the ground and literally screams and cries, until his mom gives in. There was this game that he was wanting to rent for the xbox, and he would call every hour to see if we had it in, a couple days a week.

We finally get the game back in, and who do I see come in the door?

He asks if we had it, I loudly proclaim that it has been autosold, and we won't be getting it back in. Even though it was just returned a few hours before. It was probably one of the highlights of my employment so far. It's an asshole move to do, but damn, it felt good.

I was at a local gamestore this week, A guy waled up and asked the worker if she had Banjo-Kazooie for playstation 2, she was confused so i said, "Sir that is a Nintendo 64 only game, the only itme i have ever seen it for PS2 was on a table in a Mexican street market" He said, Walmart has it...why don't they have it here, I tried to explain that it is a second party game that's rights were owned by Nintendo untill Microsoft purchased the developer....He then said some more BS about knowing walmart had it for PS2, i finaly said "well looks like they don't have it for PS2 here, you may want to check at another gamestore."

I work at a dinner theater, and during intermission we collect bills and pour coffee/water etc.

About 5 minutes into intermission I make my way to a table full of 60 pluses.

me: would you like a coffee refill

old man: (stares at me).....is this part of the show? when is intermission.

me: ha...

om: (still confused) when's intermission?

oh my god.

Just had the craziest... craziest thing happen.
Working in my Verizon store, gentleman comes in and says he saw our dude waving a sign around and he thought he'd stop in to talk to us. Here's the convo:
(Pointing at sign with 'can you hear me now' guy from commercials) "That guys getting pretty old"
"Yah, those commercials have been around for a while-"
"I'd really like to do that, walking around testing for signal strength"
"Yah, me too, that would be an awesome job-"
"See, for my normal job I dress up in a clown suit and ride a unicycle, I could cover a lot more ground that way".
*stunned*
"Should I come in Monday to talk to somebody about something like that?"

Dude never broke. If it was a joke, he's masterful. But I'm pretty sure he's just totally out of his mind.

[quote name='GrilledWitOnions']Just had the craziest... craziest thing happen.
Working in my Verizon store, gentlemen comes in and says he saw our dude waving a sign around and he thought he'd stop in to talk to us. Here's the convo:
(Pointing at sign with 'can you hear me now" guy from commercials) "That guys getting pretty old"
"See, for my normal job I dress up in a clown suit and ride a unicycle, I could cover a lot more ground that way".
*stunned*

Dude never broke. If it was a joke, he's masterful. But I'm pretty sure he's just totally out of his mind.[/quote]

That guy is either Awsome, Or Awsomely retarded.

Working in my Verizon store, gentleman comes in and says he saw our dude waving a sign around and he thought he'd stop in to talk to us. Here's the convo:
(Pointing at sign with 'can you hear me now' guy from commercials) "That guys getting pretty old"
*stunned*

Dude never broke. If it was a joke, he's masterful. But I'm pretty sure he's just totally out of his mind.[/QUOTE]

I hope he shows up Monday, dressed in the clown suit and with the unicycle. If that happens, you MUST get footage.

[quote name='JackSuper']i know how frustrating getting a box of pennies must be, but one is required by law to accept any form of money[/quote]
Technically US money (in its various forms) is "legal tender for all debts, public and private". This means a store does not have to accept tens of thousands of pennies for a $23 purchase, however someone who you owe money (creditor, IRS, etc.) cannot refuse it for payment of your debts. Unless you signed an agreement stating you would pay in a certain manner, that is.

[quote name='tex1ntux']Technically US money (in its various forms) is "legal tender for all debts, public and private". This means a store does not have to accept tens of thousands of pennies for a $23 purchase, however someone who you owe money (creditor, IRS, etc.) cannot refuse it for payment of your debts. Unless you signed an agreement stating you would pay in a certain manner, that is.[/QUOTE]

I second this.

*stunned*

Dude never broke. If it was a joke, he's masterful. But I'm pretty sure he's just totally out of his mind.[/quote]

Hope it was a well executed joke. I remember going into a Victoria's Secret about five years ago looking for underwear for myself with a female friend. The whole time the lady thought it was for her until I said, "This is gonna be really tight on my package". My friend couldn't hold it and the lady looked like she had just seen a dog get run over by a semi.

I was in GS a couple of months ago talking to my friend who was the manager.

Some guy came and traded in a copy of sonic the hedgehog for the 360. He was clearly high and kept saying he needed the cash fast and kept asking my friend to give him more money.

Eventually he just took the cash and left. When my friend was putting the pricing on a bunch of weed fell out of the manual. He probably needed the cash to buy more weed but it was in the game. lol

I work at Kmart, and had someone ask me if we had any PS1 power cords today, because his son just got a new PS1 from his uncle. I said no.

[quote name='tex1ntux']Technically US money (in its various forms) is "legal tender for all debts, public and private". This means a store does not have to accept tens of thousands of pennies for a $23 purchase, however someone who you owe money (creditor, IRS, etc.) cannot refuse it for payment of your debts. Unless you signed an agreement stating you would pay in a certain manner, that is.[/quote]

I seriously thought about getting my bank to get me a massive block of rolls of pennies for my first speeding ticket ever(which I received while going the old slow ass way to Monticello Raceway for the slot parlor in NY with a friend).

The cop nailed me coming down a hill when I had come out of a higher speed zone and was a smug motherfucker who wouldn't accept the fact that I was trying to slow the hell down on the 40 degree or more sloped hill I was on, so I thought I would be a prick and show up to pay the fine with a boxload of pennies rolled up.

But then I realized I'd be 'marked' in NY state if I decided to be a prick, plus I figured I wouldn't be hurting the cop by paying in pennied, I'd be hurting the poor clerk who had to lug those things to the bank.

[quote name='Irukandji']he had a one dollar late fee for pootie tang. when i told him about it he called me a racist [/quote]

This is GOLD.

[quote name='neocisco']This has nothing to do with customers but I'm going to piggyback on your post. It bugs me when people alphabetize using "The". "A, An & The" are not used in alphabetizing since they are common adjectives. I learned this in elementary school. Why don't all people over the age of 12 know this?[/quote]
No one bothered to point this out...
I thought it was funny.

[quote name='mguiddy']No one bothered to point this out...
I thought it was funny.[/quote]
That's the thing, a, an, and the are the three most commonly used adjectives.

[quote name='Doomed']That's the thing, a, an, and the are the three most commonly used adjectives.[/quote]
#-o
Unless things have changed, A, An, and The are articles.

[quote name='mguiddy']#-o
Unless things have changed, A, An, and The are articles.[/quote]
I was under the impression that articles are adjectives. That's just what my school taught and wouldn't be surprised if that was wrong.

[quote name='Doomed']I was under the impression that articles are adjectives. That's just what my school taught and wouldn't be surprised if that was wrong.[/quote]Despite much speculation, articles are not adjectives because they don't describe nouns; they just agree with them.

My friend was buying his Ds from Sam's Club and he bought it in cash. But it was in 150 $1 bill. The clerk was there for 5 minutes counting the money.

God I hate some people. I had this one phone call, and the person was asking about some tv or something or other. So while I'm walking over to the tv's, a lady tries to ask me a question, of course I can't answer as I'm listening to the guy on the phone, so I motion to the phone and make a 1 with my pointer so as to say "one minute, on the phone". I get done with the guy on the phone and come back and find her and ask if she has any questions.

Her: Goddamn right I have questions, you shouldn't have been so rude to me, you could've said that you were on the phone and you'd be right back

I do not currently work (too young), but I have experienced a couple of things that were kind of weird (not neccesarily stupid, but just weird).

Story #1: I used to hang out at a thrift store with a couple of friends who worked there, and they told me some stories of people who would use the dressing rooms as a bathroom. They would not let people use the employee restroom (due to lawsuit issues if someone got hurt or something like that), so the people would use the dressing rooms. Lets say it was fucking disgusting, mostly because once a person toke a crap in one.

Story #2: Well, I probably did this once before, and maybe some of you have done this too, but I dont know how many times people will ask for a cheeseburger with no cheese or a meat lovers pizza with no meat. Its not maybe neccesarily stupidity, but why cant the person ask for a hamburger instead of a cheeseburger with no cheese? Like I said earlier, I probably have done this before, so I am a stupid customer sometimes myself.

We have the same issue about not letting customers use the bathroom. For insurance reasons, we are not allowed to let anyone other than employees use it. We tell them to go to another store in the shopping center that has a public restroom. Customers get so angry when I tell them we don't have a bathroom. They then accusingly ask us what we have to do when we need to use the bathroom.

I can understand ordering a cheeseburger with no cheese. It might be cheaper. Wendy's has a stacker for 99 cents which is a double cheeseburger. There is no double hamburger on the menu so it's cheaper to order the stacker with no cheese than order 2 hamburgers.

Oh ok, now I understand about the double cheeseburger with no cheese thing. I thought there was a double hamburger on the menu, but I havent been to Wendy's in years so I don't remember. Thanks for telling me!

At Target's Food Avenue, I constantly or popcorn combos with no popcorn so that I can get the drink. A small drink is $.99, a popcorn combo with medium drink is $1, and a medium drink alone is $1.29.

[quote name='CokeCola']At Target's Food Avenue, I constantly or popcorn combos with no popcorn so that I can get the drink. A small drink is $.99, a popcorn combo with medium drink is $1, and a medium drink alone is $1.29.[/QUOTE]

^ why not just order the combo, eat a few piece of popcorn if you like, then throw it away?

I work at Toys r US and I worked at Blockbuster so I can Fill a tread all by myself but I'll start with the most recent We close at 9 and this lady and her son the last two people in the store were just fixated on making my life a living hell. This had to be the most spoiled kid I have ever seen, she finally paying and her son is filpping out because he wants 5 movies not two at fist i didnt care but then the kid starts to come behind the counter and he was pushing me out of the way. I got down to his level and told him in english and spanish he cant do that so i look over to his mom but shes too busy on the phone and I never put my hands on someone elses kids but i had to push him back to his mom and this whole time he is screaming at the top of his lungs so finally shes done paying but now he doesn't want to give the movies back so me and another associate basicly team up I am force to take the movies from him while the other one leads him out to the door treating to take off his belt and all this time the mom is just standing there on her F'ing cell phone

Another TRU story is I had this one Customer come in to buy a DS he buys it and even after I told him It doesn't come with a game he walks all the way to his car then comes back with the DS to buy a game and a few Movies this "Special" person leaves his bag at the next register with the DS so I ring him up and away we go He leaves and I go to continue work and helping other people so about 5 mins later comes back and asks me if I seen his DS so we look for it I even pulled other people to help we cant find it so i check the cameras and after we had walked away another customer walks up checks the bag grabs it and walks away with a brand new DS this guy flips on me that it my fault that we should give him another one I almost fought this guy so the police came to file the report and they tried to explain to him that it was his fault that he left his DS somewhere where someone can take it and this was just a few months ago when the DS were hard to find.

Wow man that sucks big time. I hate it when people are on cell phones for a long time and dont take care of their kids and think that other people are babysitters.

I can't even count the number of times that people are on their cell phones, and when I say "excuse me" so I can pass by, they give me the "hand" and ignore me. One time there was a person talking on the cell phone while a cashier was ringing up their stuff, and the cashier couldn't even tell the person how much their stuff cost until the customer was finished with their conversation. How selfish can people be to do that?

afil, buy a period. Your posts read like they were written by Rain Man.

[quote name='dios']^ why not just order the combo, eat a few piece of popcorn if you like, then throw it away?[/quote]

Let's see...because it's wasteful?

[quote name='neocisco']Let's see...because it's wasteful?[/quote]You could give it to a homeless person I suppose. Not sure how great it would be to get popcorn though :/ I don't care for it that much myself.

[quote name='afilgueirasjr']I work at Toys r US and I worked at Blockbuster so I can Fill a tread all by myself but I'll start with the most recent We close at 9 and this lady and her son the last two people in the store were just fixated on making my life a living hell. This had to be the most spoiled kid I have ever seen, she finally paying and her son is filpping out because he wants 5 movies not two at fist i didnt care but then the kid starts to come behind the counter and he was pushing me out of the way. I got down to his level and told him in english and spanish he cant do that so i look over to his mom but shes too busy on the phone and I never put my hands on someone elses kids but i had to push him back to his mom and this whole time he is screaming at the top of his lungs so finally shes done paying but now he doesn't want to give the movies back so me and another associate basicly team up I am force to take the movies from him while the other one leads him out to the door treating to take off his belt and all this time the mom is just standing there on her F'ing cell phone[/QUOTE]

[quote name='afilgueirasjr']Another TRU story is I had this one Customer come in to buy a DS he buys it and even after I told him It doesn't come with a game he walks all the way to his car then comes back with the DS to buy a game and a few Movies this "Special" person leaves his bag at the next register with the DS so I ring him up and away we go He leaves and I go to continue work and helping other people so about 5 mins later comes back and asks me if I seen his DS so we look for it I even pulled other people to help we cant find it so i check the cameras and after we had walked away another customer walks up checks the bag grabs it and walks away with a brand new DS this guy flips on me that it my fault that we should give him another one I almost fought this guy so the police came to file the report and they tried to explain to him that it was his fault that he left his DS somewhere where someone can take it and this was just a few months ago when the DS were hard to find.[/QUOTE]

While I'm sure these are amazing stories, we have these little things in the English language called PUNCTUATION and SENTENCES that make paragraphs easier to read. ;)

[quote name='CokeCola']At Target's Food Avenue, I constantly or popcorn combos with no popcorn so that I can get the drink. A small drink is $.99, a popcorn combo with medium drink is $1, and a medium drink alone is $1.29.[/quote]

That's just stupid. Why sell a combo for less money than you're selling one of the bundled products for separately? Obviously, that drink only costs them pennies per unit, but still...that's just stupid.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']We have the same issue about not letting customers use the bathroom. For insurance reasons, we are not allowed to let anyone other than employees use it. We tell them to go to another store in the shopping center that has a public restroom. Customers get so angry when I tell them we don't have a bathroom. They then accusingly ask us what we have to do when we need to use the bathroom. [/quote]

Insurance reasons? That's odd. Is the toilet paper and soap contained in the bathroom really more dangerous than the products on the floor?

I think Target got rid of that deal. Now it's a soft pretzel, hot dog, chicken fingers or nachos and a soda for $2.00. Any of those items except the soda are $1.99 seperate. The problem with that is if you were to get a hot dog and nachos for lunch, it's $3.99 for a combo and 1 item, versus $4.00 for 2 combos.

[quote name='tex1ntux']Despite much speculation, articles are not adjectives because they don't describe nouns; they just agree with them.[/QUOTE]

No, they ARE adjectives because they MODIFY nouns. They don't have to describe them.

[quote name='deathweasel']No, they ARE adjectives because they MODIFY nouns. They don't have to describe them.[/quote]
*sigh*
It really depends on if you consider determiners adjectives.

Either way, this isn't a grammar thread and look :wall:, I'm arguing on the internets.

Ok, to my english teachers that are here. I am writing a post on a site called CHEAP ASS GAMER, so why would I care about periods and commas. If you want to read my proper stuff go to Helium.com or wait for my novel (not joking). Who cares if people get lazy when posting on a forum, and if you pass out because you keep reading and don't stop because of lack of periods, then I'm sorry I never mean to hurt the speical people.

[quote name='afilgueirasjr']Ok, to my english teachers that are here. I am writing a post on a site called CHEAP ASS GAMER, so why would I care about periods and commas. If you want to read my proper stuff go to Helium.com or wait for my novel (not joking). Who cares if people get lazy when posting on a forum, and if you pass out because you keep reading and don't stop because of lack of periods, then I'm sorry I never mean to hurt the speical people.[/quote]

:rofl:

You have 2 people who have been on this site for years trying to make sure you understand what the majority of users expect in posts. Say thank you and apply said advice.

Although perfect grammar and spelling aren't required, you should still make the effort to capitalize words at the start of a sentence and use periods and commas. If you can't spell very good, (I can't either) Google's toolbar has a built in spell checker that is fairly decent.

[quote name='afilgueirasjr']Ok, to my english teachers that are here[/QUOTE]

Actually, I'm a math teacher and graduate student. Believe it or not, I have to write quite a bit myself. I consider myself to be very special. ;)

I could read your posts just fine. My point was that periods and sentences make the posts easier to read. For example, here is my story from the first of these threads. Notice that, although my grammar isn't completely perfect, that it is easy to follow.

[quote name='ME']Well, as long as stories involving people taking a shit are popular...

I'm one of the shift managers at our local KFC. It was Sunday a few weeks ago. Busy as all hell, I was run down and tired, and the manager working the night shift decided not to show up that night (though he got fired the next day!).

One of my CSTM's comes up and tells me that someone took a shit in the sink in the men's bathroom. Yes, one nice, brown, elongated terd sitting right in the middle of the sink, a foul stench spreading all throughout the immediate vicinity, and to top it off, they pissed all over the toilet paper rolls.

Ten minutes later and more bleach than you could ever imagine, the terd was cleaned up and the whole bathroom sanitized. Oh, and THEN the late manager showed up (little cocky prick...).

Then I broke my 58 days without a smoke record, finished my shift, and went home.

The only blessing: whoever did it got plenty of fiber in his diet; there could've been droplets all over the sink...

If I knew who did this, they would not be alive anymore![/QUOTE]

And now, with this morbidly disgusting memory risen from the grave, I will stop taking the thread OT.

In the case of thrift-store-dressing-rooms being used as toilets... happened at the goodwill my sister used to work at all the time. What's worse is they had a public restroom!

(She also had issues trying to get people to stay out of the dressing rooms right around closing, when they cleaned them and closed them a few minutes before the store closed. She tried taping the doors shut. People ripped off the tape/ room closed sign tied to the tape or ducked underneath. :bomb:)

[quote name='Killer Rabbit']Insurance reasons? That's odd. Is the toilet paper and soap contained in the bathroom really more dangerous than the products on the floor?[/QUOTE]

It's not that- I think it's something like the store only buys insurance for customers on the sales floor to save money- if they hurt themselves in an employee only area, the insurance company won't cover the accident and it costs the store too much money to pay for everything out-of-pocket.

Yeah that's probably it and because you have to walk through the back room to get to the bathroom and the back room is where we have all of our boxes piled up not to mention it's kind of narrow with all the boxes

I'm a supervisor at a local sandwich shop, and while I work in the kitchen I find more incompetence from managers than I would a customer.

One evening I'm off attending to something else to ensure a faster close; leaving some workers alone to run the line. All of the sudden a manager comes back to me freaking out that no one was up running the line. So I come up and there's only three orders to be taken care of, and the person up there was simply around the corner still taking care of things.

So I said, "Don't freak out there's only three orders on the board." She began to argue with me, then I told her, "Put some gloves on and get to work." She told me, "I don't want to." I was amazed at how incredibly lazy this fat slob was.

So in this managers defense another chimes in and says, "We aren't supposed to help you guys." I asked her what the hell they were supposed to do than. She told me, "Manage." I sarcastically said, "Manage?" With that pissing her off she then asked me what I was doing, so I told her exactly what I was doing. The only thing she said was, "Oh."

My blind father could run this terrible restaurant far better than the brainless monkeys they call managers there.

[quote name='Mowbrayster']I'm a supervisor at a local sandwich shop, and while I work in the kitchen I find more incompetence from managers than I would a customer.

One evening I'm off attending to something else to ensure a faster close; leaving some workers alone to run the line. All of the sudden a manager comes back to me freaking out that no one was up running the line. So I come up and there's only three orders to be taken care of, and the person up there was simply around the corner still taking care of things.

So I said, "Don't freak out there's only three orders on the board." She began to argue with me, then I told her, "Put some gloves on and get to work." She told me, "I don't want to." I was amazed at how incredibly lazy this fat slob was.

So in this managers defense another chimes in and says, "We aren't supposed to help you guys." I asked her what the hell they were supposed to do than. She told me, "Manage." I sarcastically said, "Manage?" With that pissing her off she then asked me what I was doing, so I told her exactly what I was doing. The only thing she said was, "Oh."

My blind father could run this terrible restaurant far better than the brainless monkeys they call managers there.[/quote]

In your defense, The manager is probably a lazy fat bastard, and that whole "we aren't supposed to help you guys" is a straight up BS. I'm an assistant manager at a restaurant and The ONLY things we're supposed to do...IS help out the staff when the work is piling up and take control of the situation, thus where the title of "manage" comes in...so she's not doing her own job.

However, if you wish to keep your job...Id suggest a little adjustment in your attitude. I'm in pretty good standing with my staff but, when they should be doing something and they're not, I come in and do it for them while they stand there awkwardly and watch me do their job...It shows them that i dont need to talk to them or argue with them to do their job.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']I think Target got rid of that deal. Now it's a soft pretzel, hot dog, chicken fingers or nachos and a soda for $2.00. Any of those items except the soda are $1.99 seperate. The problem with that is if you were to get a hot dog and nachos for lunch, it's $3.99 for a combo and 1 item, versus $4.00 for 2 combos.[/quote]
I was at Target last night and thought I saw the popcorn/soda deal there; it reminded me of this thread.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']Maybe regionally they got rid of it? I have been to 3 different Targets in the past week and none have it posted anymore.[/quote]
I sorta hope I can get what you posted earlier; I'd take 2 hot dogs, nachos and a couple sodas for $4 any day of the week.

edit: read that wrong lol. I'd still take a ONE Hot Dog, ONE nachos, and TWO sodas for $4.

I work at Target and we get stupid people all the time but the worst I've seen was when they finally started training me at guest services a few days ago. This lady comes in with some toy wanting to return it. She said that someone told her we didn't carry it, but she thought we did. So she hands it to us and starts to walk away to find another one in stock for proof. So we look at the box and notice on the front there is a sticker. Before she gets too far we called her back and said ma'am, if you read this it says "Toys R Us Exclusive". How she could of missed that, I don't know.

bread's done
Back