Employees of All Stores - Post your stupid customer stories - Part II-

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='sonderiaom']Not to mention all the idiots who won't even listen to alternatives to IPODS. "Oh, well if it isn't IPOD, I don't want it." fucking ignorant idiots.[/QUOTE]

They just want to have the "cool image" they think you can get by having an ipod.

[quote name='MeGaWC27']They just want to have the "cool image" they think you can get by having an ipod.[/QUOTE]
Which is the same concept with a lot of products, who really needed, what was it, $120 air jordan shoes back in the day when he was at the height of his popularity? Yet people still bought it. My guess is they A.) want the cool factor of having an iPod B.) know little about players and don't want to be hustled into buying a shoddy substitute since they know the iPOD name. C.)Perhaps buying it as a gift and the receiver specifically asked for an Ipod. It could be any number of other reasons.

[quote name='MeGaWC27'] They just want to have the "cool image" they think you can get by having an ipod.[/QUOTE]

I've actually got one better. I remembered this while I was driving around today. A fellow employee was telling me about this lady coming in, "I want an Ipod." No greeting really, just that. When told that we were sold out of Apple Ipods, her reply was "No, I don't want the apple Ipod, I want the other Ipod." The employee was dumbfounded and just said that we were sold out of those too.

Almost every single person I talk to about Ipods, I try to make them remember Tickle-Me-Elmo. That damned little piece of fluff almost killed some people because it was THE thing to get for the holidays. Likewise, this is exactly what's going on. The last shipment we had, we sold out in 12 minutes because people were rushing us trying to get the tickets once the door opened. Whenever I do tell them we're out however, I show them to the toshiba Gigabeat. It costs $40 cheaper and can hold 2500 songs more.

I didn't realize Ipod's were still the big thing this year, but it can't possibly be as bad as having people ask you about the 360's all day, can it?

I've had everything from the mundane, no-salutation-no-thanks-"Do you have it??!", to the dazed pot-head 14 yr old asking ten times in a day, to the holier-then-thou lawyer types who think you should be sued for displaying a demo unit and a price point (even when there are signs that say 'supplies limited'), to the crazed tearful slightly unbalanced woman who's husband is in iraq and all he wants is a 360....

It's downright taking the fun out of having my own system at home. :(

[quote name='tauruskatt']I didn't realize Ipod's were still the big thing this year, but it can't possibly be as bad as having people ask you about the 360's all day, can it?[/QUOTE]

So true, I do get the occasional person who comes in and asks, but they're generally know they're grasping straws anyway. The good thing about where I work is that you have to have a membership to be in there, yay costco for that reason and all. Sad to hear about the tearful wife.

One thing I have to gripe about today is broken english/half-english. The reason why I say this is because while normally I'm able to understand broken english fine enough, the fact of them slurring words and speaking low and being just generally annoying in those respects that I tend to just nod and say 'uh-huh' whenever I actually understand.

[quote name='tauruskatt']I didn't realize Ipod's were still the big thing this year, but it can't possibly be as bad as having people ask you about the 360's all day, can it?[/QUOTE]

It's worse when they're asking for both and you don't have either in stock. I actually answered the phone the other day "Circuit City, we're out of ipods and Xbox 360's, how may I help you?". Luckily the guy on the phone had a sense of humor and just laughed and said "Thanks". I didn't push my luck after that.:lol:

[quote name='neocisco']It's worse when they're asking for both and you don't have either in stock. I actually answered the phone the other day "Circuit City, we're out of ipods and Xbox 360's, how may I help you?". Luckily the guy on the phone had a sense of humor and just laughed and said "Thanks". I didn't push my luck after that.:lol:[/QUOTE]

lol, i remember last christmas I wanted to do that so bad, because last christmas was even worse system-wise, all any store had before christmas was gamecubes...so I answered the phone with "...Your GameCube headquarters!"

>

In all honesty my Ipod has laster longer then the 8+creative jukeboxes I went through. Those things were the worst pieces of shit EVER!

[quote name='tauruskatt']lol, i remember last christmas I wanted to do that so bad, because last christmas was even worse system-wise, all any store had before christmas was gamecubes...so I answered the phone with "...Your GameCube headquarters!"

>

[quote name='neocisco']I've actually sold a lot of GC's this year. The bundle w/Mario Party 7 and a second controller is moving very well, especially since it's still $100.[/QUOTE]

Personally I don't see why more people don't have GC's. They don't give it any love while the monster of a console that no one can get a hold of and only has 7-8? console titles people want the crap out of. There are much better games for the GC as well as, hey, they're cheaper than the $60 a pop the 360 games cost.

I had a customer at gamestop last year, guy was in his mid twenties. Pre ordering Halo 2. He went on to say how old Halo 2 was. And that his Uncle in China just picked up Halo 4. And he absically went on this big story of how delayed games are from Japan to the states. I laughed in his face and told him he has no clue.

Whats sad is how dead set this guy was on believing what he said unless he honestly thought it to be true.

[quote name='sonderiaom']Personally I don't see why more people don't have GC's. They don't give it any love while the monster of a console that no one can get a hold of and only has 7-8? console titles people want the crap out of. There are much better games for the GC as well as, hey, they're cheaper than the $60 a pop the 360 games cost.[/QUOTE]
Main reason I don't have a GC is at the time I purchased my PS2, there were only about 5 games out for GC I was even remotely interested in, and now I have more games than enough games for me to get through on my PS2 so that I just can't justify purchasing an Xbox or a GC.

[quote name='Demolition Man']On Sunday.....

Stupid Customer: "40 year old virgin."
Me: Is not out until Tuesday.
SC: Well its in your ad...
Me: (pointing to BIG BOLD LETTERS IN AD) And it says right up there that its out on.... Tuesday.
SC walks away mad ranting about how he'll get it at (insert store name).

Repeat this about 50 times each day and not just for that movie but for any other new release.[/QUOTE]
it should be common sense to almost all humans that the main day of the week dvds are released is tuesday

[quote name='sonderiaom'] Whenever I do tell them we're out however, I show them to the toshiba Gigabeat. It costs $40 cheaper and can hold 2500 songs more.[/QUOTE]

I'll remember that- I've got a soft spot for Toshiba products (happened somewhere around when I was looking for a good brand to upgrade my TV & VCR /DVD to... and realized that a) that 5 year old DVD player in the family room that worked better than the 2&3 year old players at my BF's was a Toshiba, and b) the casette boombox my mom had, which finally died at around 23 years old, was a Toshiba. I love my Toshiba TV, BTW.)

[quote name='ajumbaje']it should be common sense to almost all humans that the main day of the week dvds are released is tuesday[/QUOTE]

Yet sadly they don't seem to care. I swear the same people come in on Sunday and demand me to sell the Tuesday new release. I even explain to them the studio policy and that our system won't let it ring up until Tuesday anyways. All I get in return is either..

A) Them mumbling profanity at me.
B) Them saying that they'll get it "elsewhere" since "they" already have it out.
C) Them threating to come back Tuesday.
D) Them threating to get me fired - which after three years hasn't happened yet lol.

[quote name='Demolition Man']our system won't let it ring up until Tuesday anyways. All I get in return is either..
[/QUOTE]

Unless the system was changed recently (or it is only programmed for certain releases), that isn't completely accurate. I've picked up a few titles from Circuit City early... ranging from a week to 2 days before the street date.

I've forgotten all my good stories but I do remember this old lady who used to sexually harrass me everytime she came to the store (I worked at a liquor & cig store) Always touching me whenever she got the chance. My coworkers loved to see me avoid her whenever she came in. I remember she made me waste 20 minutes just getting her a fifth and a pack of squares.

The great thing about working at a game store right now is the amount of questions you get about the 360. I got bored and started keeping a tally. I think our record for today (on a rainy Sunday) was 38 in 1 hour.

I really hate rich and arrogant folks. A few days ago, this lady came up with her kids and asked us about a gift card she got from a friend; for some reason, it seems that the $20 originally on the card has already been used although it was her first time in an EB. My assistant manager told her to call the customer service number on the back of the card because there was nothing we could do. The lady kept telling us that she has "lost faith" in us since we were a store for "commoners". Then when my assistant manager started coming up with possibilities of why the money on the gift card was already used, he eventually got to "your friend kept the receipt with the gift card number on it and used the gift card herself." The lady replied, "Oh, she's a rich Piedmont lady so she's really polite; she's not like the rude lazy Oakland people." (Piedmont is a higher class area next to Oakland) She looks over at me; I was just standing there watching the conversation. She studies me and says, "Oh, you wouldn't understand." I was tempted to take the PSP she was buying and smack her upside the head with it but contented myself with "accidentally" dropping (I kinda forcefully threw it actually) it on the ground. Too bad those things are actually packed pretty well.

This guy came in to buy a copy of Socom 3 for his son. We had a factory sealed copy that someone had traded in. He didn't want it because he didn't want other people's "germs and hand oils" on the game. I made sure to turn the game over in my hand a few times before I sold it to him.

A couple walks in.
Guy: Can you tell me about the XBOX 360s?
Me: [explains about the specs, the differences btw the core/premium, the price, and the shortage]
Guy: I want to get one
Me: We don't have any instock at the moment. 360s will be fairly hard to find before the holidays...
Wife: I know you have it here! You are trying to keep them hidden.
Me: Huh? We are really sold out.
Wife: You better give me one or we are not going to be nice anymore.
Me: Err...
Man: I saw them instock at another store for $100. Give it to us for that price!
Me: Even if we did have it in stock, I wouldn't be able to give it to you for that price. Microsoft wants its retailers to sell them for $400.
Man: You just want to rip us off and keep the money for yourself don't you, little girl? [wtf...] The other store was going to sell it to us for $100.
Me: And the point of coming here was...?
Man: What?
Me: Well, if they were trying to sell it to you for that great price, why don't you just buy it from them then?
[Couple walks out looking embarassed]
Funny part was that some lady who wanted to get a 360 for her kids ran after the couple yelling, "TELL ME WHERE YOU FOUND THE CHEAP XBOX'S!".

I hate certain people.

[quote name='Saucy Jack']Unless the system was changed recently (or it is only programmed for certain releases), that isn't completely accurate. I've picked up a few titles from Circuit City early... ranging from a week to 2 days before the street date.[/QUOTE]

As far as games its a rare that the system is programmed to block a sale before the street date unless its a massive hyped up title like Madden 2006. But movies and music are 99.99999999% of the time not allowed to be sold prior to the street date unless the label decides to let it out early.

Trust me, after three years I think I should know at least THAT by now. :lol:

And now to add a good one...

A mother and her 16 year old kid came in today. Mother grabbed "Charlie And The Chocolate Factory" then come up to pay. Suddenly she looks at the back.

Mom: What's the rating on this?
Me: PG.
Mom: (slams DVD down on the counter) You can keep it then. (walks away)
Kid: But its only PG..... (starts walking away)
Me: :shock:

[quote name='IcyDeath']I had a customer at gamestop last year, guy was in his mid twenties. Pre ordering Halo 2. He went on to say how old Halo 2 was. And that his Uncle in China just picked up Halo 4. And he absically went on this big story of how delayed games are from Japan to the states. I laughed in his face and told him he has no clue.

Whats sad is how dead set this guy was on believing what he said unless he honestly thought it to be true.[/QUOTE]

Hehe, I had a few a these. I had a customer swear to me that the PS3 was out in Japan and his "friend" imported it 2 months ago.

[quote name='Demolition Man']As far as games its a rare that the system is programmed to block a sale before the street date unless its a massive hyped up title like Madden 2006. But movies and music are 99.99999999% of the time not allowed to be sold prior to the street date unless the label decides to let it out early.

Trust me, after three years I think I should know at least THAT by now. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Hmm... they were DVD titles. Is it possible that maybe someone "scanned them" into the system and put them out for sale early? They rang up fine for me.

[quote name='Saucy Jack']Hmm... they were DVD titles. Is it possible that maybe someone "scanned them" into the system and put them out for sale early? They rang up fine for me.[/QUOTE]

Which ones were they? Because with DVDs the system lockout is set by corporate and there is NO override for it as well at store level that I am aware of.

[quote name='Demolition Man']Which ones were they? Because with DVDs the system lockout is set by corporate and there is NO override for it as well at store level that I am aware of.[/QUOTE]

One of them I remember was "Viva La Bam: Seasons 2 & 3." I can't really remember the other ones. Most likely they were more obscure catalog releases like "Brain Donors" and such, not big blockbuster movies.

[quote name='Saucy Jack']One of them I remember was "Viva La Bam: Seasons 2 & 3." I can't really remember the other ones. Most likely they were more obscure catalog releases like "Brain Donors" and such, not big blockbuster movies.[/QUOTE]

Strange how you got them early if so.... oh well.

[quote name='Demolition Man']And now to add a good one...

A mother and her 16 year old kid came in today. Mother grabbed "Charlie And The Chocolate Factory" then come up to pay. Suddenly she looks at the back.

Mom: What's the rating on this?
Me: PG.
Mom: (slams DVD down on the counter) You can keep it then. (walks away)
Kid: But its only PG..... (starts walking away)
Me: :shock:[/QUOTE]

When I was little, a friend of mine's mom was a bit crazy. Apparently she had to screen Pocahontas before letting her see it. O_O There's parents like that in this world, believe me....

[quote name='Dead of Knight']When I was little, a friend of mine's mom was a bit crazy. Apparently she had to screen Pocahontas before letting her see it. O_O There's parents like that in this world, believe me....[/QUOTE]

And then there are those who would let their 5 year old kid play San Andreas. There's seriously something wrong with this world.

So Fanboy, beloved by all but the willfully misunderstanding, tunes in the latest updates in the SCS thread, when he chances across the following missive:

[quote name='evanft']Oh, and Fanboy, you're a retarded piece of shit.[/QUOTE]

Gwah?! Who menstruated in your cornflakes?

Can you explain the logic underlying that conclusion? Or must we just toss epithets around all willy-nilly?

Besides, as a piece of shit, I would definitely say I am qualitatively nutty. :razz:

[quote name='Fanboy']So Fanboy, beloved by all but the willfully misunderstanding, tunes in the latest updates in the SCS thread, when he chances across the following missive:

Gwah?! Who menstruated in your cornflakes?

Can you explain the logic underlying that conclusion? Or must we just toss epithets around all willy-nilly?

Besides, as a piece of shit, I would definitely say I am qualitatively nutty. :razz:[/QUOTE]

Here ya go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back