Enchanted Arms (x360) with graphic novel $19.99 at TRU...YMMV

xxtheycallmedxx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
I went into my local tru to pick up jade empire LE and Fire Emblem POR for $10 each and saw that the plastic thing behind enchanted arms had it listed as $19.99 .When I went to the register it scanned at $59.99 but after bringing the plastic thing to the worker and him typing in a upc # listed on the plastic it came up as $19.99....not sure if this is everywhere but figured its wroth posting as I havent seen this game with the novel at $19.99 yet (even used it still costs more).

[quote name='whiptcracker']So the game didn't ring up that way at the Minnetonka store? I hadn't checked there yet. I'd go buy a copy there if there's not too much hassle, or buy a copy from you if you have an extra.[/QUOTE]
There wasn't anybody in the games area so I grabbed the display case and took it to the CS counter at the front of the store. Rachel phoned the stoner in the game section who was walking around the store to have them grab the game out of the case for me. I asked her to ring me up while I was waiting to speed the process along. She said she couldn't because there was nothing to scan so I told her to enter the sku number on the box. I had the receipt in my hand before I even had the game. Stoner brings the game to me and I practically run out of the store after thanking Rachel for being so helpful.

Like I said before, I'll head over to the BB in Eden Prairie after work to see if they'll PM for me since I have the receipt in my wallet. I don't know if the policy is to only PM ads or if they'll do it on a receipt as well. If no luck there I might run over to the mtka BB and see if my pal the stunningly beautiful tall and curvy brunette customer service manager is there. She PM'd the $25 FFXII coupon for me from TRU so I know she can be smiled into doing most anything. Even if all of this works I doubt I'll be able to walk out of there with ten copies to fulfill all the requests sent to me so far. Since they're timestamped I'll go with a first come first serve policy.

jmiller80 - do you know what other titles ring up wrong? Perhaps I can get some more deals to share.

[quote name='nasum'] stunningly beautiful tall and curvy brunette customer service manager is there. [/QUOTE]

I know exactly who you're talking about.

Reason I haven't tried TRU in Minnetonka yet is that the teen whose been in there the last couple of time has gone out of his way to be as unhelpful as possible, so I figured there was no point in trying.

The BB girl or the TRU girl?
I don't see why I would do that in either case though. I have a (close to) stunningly beautiful tall curvy redhead already. She just needs a job...

whiptcracker - The one with the VERY BLUE EYES right? (BB CSM)
You mean the stoner with the shawn white wannabe hairdo at TRU? He's the one that was there last night. He sure was dopey. That Nerious guy is the worst though. I mean c'mon, the games are in alphabetical order, that means E comes after D and preceeds F. This is not difficult in any way shape or form and does not require five minutes to find a game. I'm a busy guy and don't want to wait for you to adjust your brain to kindegarten when we all learned the alphabet.
I was thinking of getting a part-time job at TRU, only problem with that is I see myself arguing with my co-workers and managers because I know I could do everything better.

Hmmmmm picked one of these up but its taking some willpower not to return it...even at $20 dollars that seems a lot to pay for a mediocre RPG. I hate unnecessary backtracking and I've heard this game has a ton. Plus the visuals aren't quite next-gen.

[quote name='nasum']The BB girl or the TRU girl?
I don't see why I would do that in either case though. I have a (close to) stunningly beautiful tall curvy redhead already. She just needs a job...

whiptcracker - The one with the VERY BLUE EYES right? (BB CSM)

You mean the stoner with the shawn white wannabe hairdo at TRU? He's the one that was there last night. He sure was dopey. That Nerious guy is the worst though. I mean c'mon, the games are in alphabetical order, that means E comes after D and preceeds F. This is not difficult in any way shape or form and does not require five minutes to find a game. I'm a busy guy and don't want to wait for you to adjust your brain to kindegarten when we all learned the alphabet.
I was thinking of getting a part-time job at TRU, only problem with that is I see myself arguing with my co-workers and managers because I know I could do everything better.[/QUOTE]

Bingo on the eyes. Not that she isn't pretty otherwise, but those eyes make her easy to remember :)

And yep, that's the kid. I asked him for Fatal Frame when it was on sale and he told me he didn't think they had it. Didn't even bother looking up from what he was goofing around with. You really don't want to work the Minnetonka store, I knew/know people who work there and it's not a positive place to work.

No go last night. I tried two BB last night with non in stock. Went to one CC but I got greedy and tried to buy two. I'll go to a different CC within the next couple of days (and maybe even a Wal-Mart if I get drunk enough) and see if they'll do it if I grab just one.

Don't know if Best Buy Canada ships to the States or you guys have Canadian relatives, but Enchanted Arms with the anime booklet in Canadian Best Buy's is 29.99

rang up at $50. it's probably for the better. I would've regretted it, I'm sure.

Man, I started playing this today. Has anybody else noticed that it's pretty awful? It's kind of boring and generic. I'm only about 2 hours in, so hopefully it gets better. :(

[quote name='mannam23']Man, I started playing this today. Has anybody else noticed that it's pretty awful? It's kind of boring and generic. I'm only about 2 hours in, so hopefully it gets better. :([/quote]

From what I hear the first part of the game is fairly boring, but after you kill off the over the top homosexual guy (sorry forget his name but I remember the stereotype being protraied) and release the evil woman it supposidly gets better.

I would have loved to pick it up but I live by the one in Minnestoa posted above with the manager that wont allow the price match.

I'm still trying to get more copies of this for $20, and if I'm successful I'll make a follow-up post here with how many I'll have available for trade.

This is from a PM to a friend of mine, but it is a good read if you're curious about the game being a standard crapfest RPG:
---

EA is pretty cool, it's more of a strategy/grid battle set-up than a traditional timebar gauge style. It works though, and there's an auto-battle command and a FAST FORWARD (!!) option, during the battle to skip repetitive animations. =D

The Voice Acting for dialogue is also very good, and I _THINK_ the guy who does the monologue in the beginning recapping the plot is the same guy who was the voice actor for Ð in Vampire Hunter Ð. :):):)

The characters are pretty cool too, with good in-game models. There's a blatantly homosexual supporting character in your main party, and he's actually pretty decent comic relief.

Definitely not a gaRPaGe game.

They had few copies at the Ft. Lauderdale, FL TRU.. But second time I went, no go in convincing the register person to ring it up at $20. She rang up the SKU from the Box first instead of divider. It worked last week, so worth a try.

Well I've tried to price match with my receipt at just about CC/BB within 20 miles of me and no go. I think I might make a go of it at Wal-Mart after work to try my luck there, but I'm guessing that will be denied as well.

The price tag divider said $19.98, and the game itself was stickered $19.98, but the game rang up for $60. The manager let me have it for $19.98 but immediately restickered the remaining copies. Thanks everyone for the heads up!

At my TRU in north OKC, the sticker said 19.98 also. It aslo rang up for 59.99. I told checkout girl it was 19.98 which she then looked at me in disbelief. After showing the checkout girl the sticker, she got a manager to ring up a 40 dollar credit :) The manager was bugeyed at the price difference. The girl mentioned a 1 day clearance and that the sticker wasn't changed earlier. They promptly took that sticker off after my transaction. Sorry to spoil it for the next person. By the way, this happened yesterday on 1/22 so there might be hope for some of you still.

Anyways, I'm liking the game so far. I usually hate strategy rpg's but this one is pretty solid and doesn't feel tedious like other jrpg's can get. I'm only 8 hours in but we'll see.

I finally got around to opening the game and trying it out. This could might be the best $20 I've spent on a video game in a long time. The game is paced very well even though at the 2 hour mark you still haven't really made a single choice in the game...

All in all its been decent so far. Looking forward to a bit more challenge however.

bread's done
Back