[END] Register w/Overstock Auctions: Support CAG & Get $10 Credit at Overstock.com!

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Expired 7/31/05.

Register & verify your account with Overstock Auctions to receive a $10 shopping credit for Overstock.com.
The credit will show up 1-5 days after verification.
To check for credit, login, add an item to cart and see if a discount is reflected.

Overstock will also pay CAG as well, so if you want to see that new server quicker...;)

Cheap Ass Gamer Link

thanks for the reminder, flizmo007!

Other links:
Video Games at Overstock Auctions
Video Games at Overstock.com

done. I've clicked on my CAG link for the day. Do I get a cookie?

...oh wait, I have cookies disabled. nevermind. :)

Registered... I originally saw flizmo's post, so I don't think I went through the referral link :( I will make sure to click one when I use my credit though... Thanks flizmo & Cheapy!

I would suggest everyone doing this; skip entering CC information until after you recieve the email from Overstock and go into your account directly and input that in. It's not encrypted otherwise.

[quote name='Msia']I would suggest everyone doing this; skip entering CC information until after you recieve the email from Overstock and go into your account directly and input that in. It's not encrypted otherwise.[/QUOTE]

Yikes. Good tip. Just checked and I don't see the padlock on the registration page, so I think you are right on that.

Also, it doesn't look like you can use hotmail accounts to register on the Auctions site? Did anyone use a hotmail account successfullly? (I use a hotmail account for my existing Overstock shopping account.)

I'll give it a shot...thanks cheapy.

I thought I saw something like this a while back on FW...but it turned out to be $10 listing/auction fee credit.

If this is free "funny money" I'm there dude.

Edited: Signed up...

You have to register and verify your account in order to receive the $10 credit. It's recommended that you skip entering your credit card info when registering because of lack of security on the website. Verify your account after by going to My Page.

If you are serious about using the Auctions section, I found this on another deals site: $50 listing credit

WARNING ON OVERSTOCK!!!!!!!! Whatever you bid on do not accept e-mails from people that say they can sell you the same item for a better price. Yeah they tell you to send money and they never send you a product but give you a fake overstock letter. Please go through overstock on ever purchase or you will be screwed. If the people aren't from the US and they want you to send money they are probably scamming. I cam saying this from experience.

[quote name='truhitman56']WARNING ON OVERSTOCK!!!!!!!! Whatever you bid on do not accept e-mails from people that say they can sell you the same item for a better price. Yeah they tell you to send money and they never send you a product but give you a fake overstock letter. Please go through overstock on ever purchase or you will be screwed. If the people aren't from the US and they want you to send money they are probably scamming. I cam saying this from experience.[/QUOTE]

That isn't really specific to overstock, it happens plenty on eBay, too. Good advice, though.

The page that asks for your CC number is completely unsecure.

Don't put your info in there!!

I didn't get a secure icon in both IE and Opera.

Might anyone be able to confirm that a debit card can be used as a credit card for this?
I'm relatively new to such matters (I just got my first debit card and do not have a credit card)

[quote name='SDC']Might anyone be able to confirm that a debit card can be used as a credit card for this?
I'm relatively new to such matters (I just got my first debit card and do not have a credit card)[/QUOTE]

If it has the Visa or Mastercard logo on it, it should be fine, I believe. I don't think it can do any harm to try (although take everyone's advice and wait until after you register to add your billing info).

I haven't found any good gaming deals, but if you play golf and are a size 10, 11, or 13, the Dunlop golf sandals are only $34.99 - $10 + $1 shipping + tax. The cheapest I've even seen a golf sandal was in the 50s, granted it was FootJoy. Still, this is a great price.

Thanks for the info. I'm not a verified user, or whatever the term is. So here's hoping I get my $10 coupon.

[quote name='guessed']If it has the Visa or Mastercard logo on it, it should be fine, I believe. I don't think it can do any harm to try (although take everyone's advice and wait until after you register to add your billing info).[/QUOTE]

I used my debit card

it has a visa logo though

I should have waited but I didn't :( but I am not worried

the card expires in like 2 days :p

I did this like 2 weeks ago....great deal...free $10. I picked up a PSP movie for about $4. Which seems about the right price for it ;)

One thing caught my eye -

*To receive $10 shopping credit, you must verify your account with a credit card. Credit will appear 1-5 days after transaction

Eh, is that something to be concerned about?

EDIT: How reliable is Overstock anyways? I'm talking about the site itself, not the auctions.

DVDTalk posted this while back so I did it through them. I should be able to get a friend to do it through CAG though.

P.S., I had to do an online live chat for them to activate it. It didn't show up on it's own. Just have your info ready when you talk to them.

[quote name='Sirmackerel']EDIT: How reliable is Overstock anyways? I'm talking about the site itself, not the auctions.[/QUOTE]
I've ordered from them multiples times with DVDs, video games and more. Always good service and reasonable delivery time. They provide tracking for USPS and delivery confirmation for USPS on all orders which I always liked.

Damn, I submitted without checking for security. Ah well, hopefully that whiny-ass version of Spiderman is right in the Visa commercials when he says, "you're not liable for fraudulent charges."

I am allready registered butwill gladly put word out to people I know anythingto help ou CAG. I haveboughtfrom there before without any problems so far

I did this a few weeks ago when it was posted on fatwallet.

I forgot about it until a couple days ago. $10 credit showed up in my account fine, ordered R.A. Salvatore's Dark Elf collector's hardcover volume #4 (The Crystal Shard). This $10 credit thing is an awesome deal from overstock.

I did this earler today when I saw it on the front page at Slickdeals, and I didn't realize that the page wasn't encrypted. I just hope my info isn't stolen.

[quote name='The Cheapest Ass Gamer']Damn, I submitted without checking for security. Ah well, hopefully that whiny-ass version of Spiderman is right in the Visa commercials when he says, "you're not liable for fraudulent charges."[/QUOTE]

I just did that too, but Im lucky I used a one time use credit card number so Im not worried. :mrgreen:

Do I have to buy somthing in order for the $10 to show up?

bread's done
Back