ENDING TODAY!! Free Disney blu-ray ($3.95 shipping) when you buy two at DMR

lionheart4life

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
Link: http://www.disneymovierewards.go.com/promotions/special-offers/twoforblu

Basically redeem the magic code for two Disney movies or CD's and you can choose a free movie from one of these 3:
Dinosaur
Bridge to Terabithia
Tinkerbell

+ get 125 points. Not a big selection and you pay the shipping and handling, so not technically free but might be worthwhile for someone if you have codes laying around or were going to buy some Disney movies anyway. Plus it doesn't look like it requires redemption of any saved points. This runs until 5/31 as pointed out by ssjmichael.

Also purchases can be from anytime, so even if you have movies left from black friday or other sales that you haven't redeemed codes for yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had no problem getting the deals to stack... I started off by using Tron to get the John Carter ticket and then I put in my code for Winnie the Pooh to get Terabithia.

Worked like a proverbial charm!

(I was going to use a code from one of my many Disney 3D Blu's, but I'm saving them up for hopefully the next time they have a 3D Blu-ray player as I love my $60 DMR Sony... *fingers crossed*)

So as I posted in here before I only had one code to use.
I decided to browse my local Target and see if I can find practically any Disney Dvd/Cd that I know would have code and is single dollar digit cheap. Upon coincidence, I find "Bridge To Terabithia" Widescreen DVD for only $5.00, being the cheapest there I bought it.
That said I ordered my copy of "A Bugs Life" seconds before posting this.

Maybe I can manage to get Tinkerbell through a family member's account before this offer is up. We'll see how that turns out.
Thanks again OP!

[quote name='77Pat']I clicked on the Free Bluray with 2 codes link. I put in the Lion King code and then the National Treasure code. Chose A Bug's Life yesterday. Today I was curious after reading on another forum and logged into my account, clicked the John Carter offer, and then printed the ticket. I only tried 1 ticket, so I am not sure if there is a limit.[/QUOTE]

Damn. I tried this today with the exact same movies and no dice. Oh well, at least I'm getting A Bug's Life...

[quote name='shrike4242']I wish the copy of A Bug's Life was the new one that was a combo pack and not just the BD on its own, as I already have that.[/QUOTE]

That's odd cause the one they have pictured is the DVD + BD combo pack.. Isn't it?? :/
Upon browsing, it looks like the only single disc BD version with that artwork is a different region version.

[quote name='Un4tun8Disaster']That's odd cause the one they have pictured is the DVD + BD combo pack.. Isn't it?? :/
Upon browsing, it looks like the only single disc BD version with that artwork is a different region version.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, AFAIK all of the Pixar movies with the title on one side and the characters on the other are combo packs... at least in the US.

[quote name='WV Matsui']Has anyone tried the Disney Movie Club? Is it a ripoff?[/QUOTE]

If you read up on it and do it the right way it can be a great deal. Check out a thread on the blu ray forums, I think you can end with 9 movies for about $90.

Just got the email for this today. Thought I had two movies saved up but looks like my daughter lost the bluray code for Tangled...ugh. Any cheapo movie suggestions that I could pick up so I can get Tinkerbell?

[quote name='zeb06']Just got the email for this today. Thought I had two movies saved up but looks like my daughter lost the bluray code for Tangled...ugh. Any cheapo movie suggestions that I could pick up so I can get Tinkerbell?[/QUOTE]
I went to Target and bought "Bridge to Terabithia" WS DVD for $5.00. Used that code... According to the site it should be store price...

http://www.target.com/p/Bridge-to-Terabithia-Widescreen/-/A-11296927

Apparently it isn't sold at every Target though so you might wanna do a search at the link 1st.

[quote name='Un4tun8Disaster']I went to Target and bought "Bridge to Terabithia" WS DVD for $5.00. Used that code... According to the site it should be store price...

http://www.target.com/p/Bridge-to-Terabithia-Widescreen/-/A-11296927

Apparently it isn't sold at every Target though so you might wanna do a search at the link 1st.[/QUOTE]

Yeah...I checked that out. Looks like there's only one store that has limited availability near me...that may be my only choice. Wish I woulda picked up lady & the tramp while it was pretty cheap.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Any magic code from a Blu, DVD, or CD[/QUOTE]

How does the CD registration work? I mean, I've got about 4 CDs I've registered with DMR, but that was through a system where I stuck the CD in my PC drive and it loaded registration from it.

Could my friend hypothetically open a DMR account and register two of my CDs again and get in on this? That seems like a rather easily duped system, if so. I could theoretically buy 16 CDs with DMR-able points, and order 800 point DVDs for every account I create. How do they manage that? Obviously they can track delivery and IP addresses, but that doesn't stop friends from borrowing CDs and the like.

Anyway, I got my A Bug's Life Blu-ray processing from this deal through my Lady & the Tramp and Winnie the Pooh Blu-rays, but I can't help but wonder how many people dupe the system with CDs...

Thanks for the help everyone!

I entered National Treasure 1 and National treasure 2... got 2 tickets and a bugs life (hopefully it is blu ray!) -- Excellent deal!

I'll hav eto check my old DVD's I have boxed away...although, I still think I am codeless right now....booo.

I found out you cannot use the same movie twice. I have TWO copies of Beauty and the Beast on BluRay, and it would not let me put the other one in.

too bad I have national treasure and spirited away on dvd but they're releases before the whole disney reward program so no magic codes inside. Also opened up one of my blu-ray steelbooks (A Bug's Life) and no code either. None of the steels have any from what I recall which is lame.

Entered Prince of Persia (1-disc) Bluray and Alice in Wonderland Combo Pack but no movie tickets for those. DVDs only? They've got to be kidding. My Narnia 1 and 2 worked though. One on my account and one on my son's.

Is Target the best place to go to get a cheap movie to make this deal square? Anywhere like $5 Below have Disney Movies that offer rewards?

How long does it normally take to ship? My order was submitted on the 29th, but it's still "pending". Hope they didn't run out of A Bug's Life already.

Guessing most with the shipping notices did this the first day it went live on the 27th?

I have a couple of codes I am looking to trade for a couple of John Carter tickets if anyone has them. I have a Lady and the Tramp and Lion King code. Trying to get a few more tickets and I already have a A Bug's Life or I would get that.

I HATE HOW DISNEY PENALIZES YOU FOR ENTERING CODES IN IMMEDIATELY!!!

Get screwed every damn time!!!

At least this softens the blow of no coupons on Lion King Blues...

[quote name='spectreon']I HATE HOW DISNEY PENALIZES YOU FOR ENTERING CODES IN IMMEDIATELY!!!

Get screwed every damn time!!!

At least this softens the blow of no coupons on Lion King Blues...[/QUOTE]

I don't see how they're penalizing you. Would you rather they not make any incentives for entering codes from time to time? It's not like they're doing this for people just to hold on to codes until a special offer comes along, these incentives are designed to get you to buy more Disney movies/CD's now.

And if you "Get screwed every damned time", don't you think you would have learned your lesson and save your codes till one of these offers comes around? Doesn't exactly make sense to try and blame them when you're apparently aware of these occasional incentives and you keep getting fooled.

[quote name='ssjmichael']I don't see how they're penalizing you. Would you rather they not make any incentives for entering codes from time to time? It's not like they're doing this for people just to hold on to codes until a special offer comes along, these incentives are designed to get you to buy more Disney movies/CD's now.

And if you "Get screwed every damned time", don't you think you would have learned your lesson and save your codes till one of these offers comes around? Doesn't exactly make sense to try and blame them when you're apparently aware of these occasional incentives and you keep getting fooled.[/QUOTE]

I'm kinda po'd about the whole thing cuz I really want bugs life, but yeah, gotta agree, from now, I'm just going to hold onto my codes and redeem them as needed.

[quote name='WV Matsui']Can someone point me to the thread that discusses the Disney Movie Club? I can't find it thanks![/QUOTE]

There isn't one. It's sometimes discussed inside the DMR thread.

Registered National Treasure 1 & 2 (which I forgot I had so thank you to CrossFireXT17) and I got two John Carter tix and Bug's Life! Its a good morning!

[quote name='mtxbass1']There isn't one. It's sometimes discussed inside the DMR thread.[/QUOTE]

Can anyone recommend it or advise me to steer clear?

[quote name='WV Matsui']Can anyone recommend it or advise me to steer clear?[/QUOTE]

I recommend it. You can get 9 movies for around $85-90. Around $10 for a Disney and/or Pixar movies is a price that rarely comes around. The only down side is knowing you have to buy movies at full price to complete your commitment. But sometimes the featured selection is on sale to help lighten the blow.

There is a thread at Blu-ray.com that is dedicated to the club that you should check out.

it all depends on how much disney stuff you already have.. But generally if you play it right its a very good deal..

There is another site that has a thread about movie clubs. Don't know if its proper to post a link to it, but I am sure if you google search movie clubs you will find it..

Also look for disney offer codes that can modify the terms of the deal. maybe try [FONT=Verdana, Arial]offer code 18864D[/FONT]. I think you get an extra free movie and buy the 1st 2 at a lower price.

I know this may not be the place but, yesterday I found The Sorcerer's Apprentice 3 disc blu-ray/dvd/digital copy set at Target for 5.xx. Code got me one closer to the free one. 125 points. and even if you don't really want the movie, Amazon will give you up to 10.35 in trade. Remember this is a YMMV deal but it may be worth a shot.

[quote name='getsmackd77']I know this may not be the place but, yesterday I found The Sorcerer's Apprentice 3 disc blu-ray/dvd/digital copy set at Target for 5.xx. Code got me one closer to the free one. 125 points. and even if you don't really want the movie, Amazon will give you up to 10.35 in trade. Remember this is a YMMV deal but it may be worth a shot.[/QUOTE]

That's extremely YMMV, It's priced at $34.99 online and says it's not even sold in stores. Had I known I would have looked for it when I was at Target yesterday. I would bite on it though and keep it, The movie is decent priced at $5.xx for all 3 versions plus the points... good deal.

Did it have a clearance sticker on it or something when you picked it up or did you just randomly pick it from the shelve and scan it??

[quote name='getsmackd77']I know this may not be the place but, yesterday I found The Sorcerer's Apprentice 3 disc blu-ray/dvd/digital copy set at Target for 5.xx. Code got me one closer to the free one. 125 points. and even if you don't really want the movie, Amazon will give you up to 10.35 in trade. Remember this is a YMMV deal but it may be worth a shot.[/QUOTE]

I kept racking my brain thinking how on earth you're getting points for The Sorcerer's Stone, then I re-read what you wrote lol. As for the trade-in to Amazon, the most you'll get is $5 back so most of what was paid if anyone is lucky to find that in their stores.

[quote name='Un4tun8Disaster']That's extremely YMMV, It's priced at $34.99 online and says it's not even sold in stores. Had I known I would have looked for it when I was at Target yesterday. I would bite on it though and keep it, The movie is decent priced at $5.xx for all 3 versions plus the points... good deal.

Did it have a clearance sticker on it or something when you picked it up or did you just randomly pick it from the shelve and scan it??[/QUOTE]
Sometimes each Target has their own prices.

At mine I saw these Blu-rays for $5:

American Psycho
Terminator 2
3:10 to Yuma

and a few others which I forget right now.

[quote name='cereal_killerxx']Ordered A Bug's Life. Was really happy until I got to the Thank You screen...

"Please allow 6 - 8 weeks for your delivery to arrive."

Wha...? fuck.[/QUOTE]

Dont worry, mine said the same thing and they just shipped mine today, six days after I ordered.

I found it along with percy jackson blu-ray/dvd/digital copy for 5.xx also. they both had an "online red sticker" them. also had the 2 disc Megamind DVD set for 7.xx. they were in a clearence area in the back of electronics.

[quote name='Un4tun8Disaster']That's extremely YMMV, It's priced at $34.99 online and says it's not even sold in stores. Had I known I would have looked for it when I was at Target yesterday. I would bite on it though and keep it, The movie is decent priced at $5.xx for all 3 versions plus the points... good deal.

Did it have a clearance sticker on it or something when you picked it up or did you just randomly pick it from the shelve and scan it??[/QUOTE]

It was probably an As-is Sticker from an online return.

I bit on the Disney Movie Club

Princess and the Frog Blu
Bambi Blu
Monsters Inc Blu
Fox and the Hound Blu
Beauty and the Beast Blu
Toy Story 1 Blu
Toy Story 3 Blu

Total $21.90

I just have to buy two blus for $29.99+ over the next 24 months. Great Deal!

[quote name='WV Matsui']I bit on the Disney Movie Club

Bambi Blu
Monsters Inc Blu
Fox and the Hound Blu
Beauty and the Beast Blu
Toy Story 1 Blu
Toy Story 3 Blu

Total $21.90

I just have to buy two blus for $29.99+ over the next 24 months. Great Deal![/QUOTE]

Same here. Bit on this:

Toy Story
Toy Story 2
Incredibles
Up
Wall-E
Winnie the Pooh
Lady and the Tramp

How did you get Monsters Inc? Did you call in? It wouldnt add to the website for me. I'll buy 2 of Monsters Inc/Cars/Ratatouille here shortly at full price. Can't beat less than $10 for awesome Disney/Pixar movies. Buying these half for me and half for my kids who will love these when they get old enough to watch. No reason not to build a collection

[quote name='WV Matsui']I bit on the Disney Movie Club

Bambi Blu
Monsters Inc Blu
Fox and the Hound Blu
Beauty and the Beast Blu
Toy Story 1 Blu
Toy Story 3 Blu

Total $21.90

I just have to buy two blus for $29.99+ over the next 24 months. Great Deal![/QUOTE]

Can you give some more details on this? Everytime I have seen their "deal" you have to buy 6 more movies at regular prices in two years.

[quote name='Mizzou75']Same here. Bit on this:

Toy Story
Toy Story 2
Incredibles
Up
Wall-E
Winnie the Pooh
Lady and the Tramp

How did you get Monsters Inc? Did you call in? It wouldnt add to the website for me. I'll buy 2 of Monsters Inc/Cars/Ratatouille here shortly at full price. Can't beat less than $10 for awesome Disney/Pixar movies. Buying these half for me and half for my kids who will love these when they get old enough to watch. No reason not to build a collection[/QUOTE]

Exactly why I did it was for my sixth month old daughter! I called in to get them all. Not a bad deal at all if you ask me. And it looks like you can do it every two years. Sweet deal!

bread's done
Back