Endless Ocean: Blue World - $17 on Amazon

Got an email from Amazon saying my copy shipped. EEEEEEEE! Now I'm going to spend the next couple days repeatedly checking my mailbox.

Yep Amazon sent me an email saying mine shipped as well. Good thing too, I need something relaxing to play before I go to sleep at night.

Mine shipped from Amazon. Will probably be here either Friday or Saturday based on my other Blu Ray order delivery time. I used the free shipping if its over $25.

anyone seen this at BB yet? are the bundles really limited? crap, I should have looked yesterday, or even when I was there today..at $30 I don't see how you can go wrong even if I don't open if for a while. I just want Wii Speak to add to my ever growing line of accessories lining up underneath my tv :lol:

Got a text from GS today:
"your Endless Ocean: Blueworld order avail thur pm. bring trade to reduce price" (that's a direct quote)
3 days after the date that was on their website and 2 days after the street date. I know this isn't the biggest release of the year, but they could at least get it ON THE STREET DATE!

[quote name='ROB64']Got a text from GS today:
"your Endless Ocean: Blueworld order avail thur pm. bring trade to reduce price" (that's a direct quote)
3 days after the date that was on their website and 2 days after the street date. I know this isn't the biggest release of the year, but they could at least get it ON THE STREET DATE![/QUOTE]

Got the same thing too, supposed to be able to get it no later than 12:30 though.

Picked mine up today.
So far it's a step up from the first and I JUST got to the island. Pretty story driven so far but it's obviously for the most part setup as a tutorial. Pretty nice.

My first try with WiiSpeak as well and it seems to work pretty good for the most part. If anybody wants to add me in feel free and then PM me. I'm sure I'll will be playing this at nights for a while.

Got the game and played for about an hour. It was awesome. Can't wait to get back in. Also I got a big box version that came with the Wii speak inside.

I have a question though. Is there a way to tighten the bounding box while you are diving so that you don't have to move the cursor as far to turn? I heard there was that option.

Just got my copy in today with the Wii Speak bundle, and played it for about 30 mins (have to get ready for work now).

I'll have to wait until later this weekend to set up the Wii Speak and start some extended diving sessions!

I took this pretty sweet picture.
2z9cnj9.jpg

ANYHOO....
Wii Friend Code : 6495 8421 3229 0268
Wii EndOc Code : 9219-4148-6993

My copy should arrive in the mail from Amazon today. I have to work tonight but I will post my friend code on here after work.

My friend code is 5989-6643-7653. CosmosTheMouse I added your EndOc friend code.

Last edited by a moderator:
Someone just accused me of being a male reproductive organ.

I want this person flogged with ears of corn stuffed in dead weasels.

[quote name='Got_Wii']My friend code is 5989-6643-7653. CosmosTheMouse I added your EndOc friend code.[/QUOTE]

Ok, i'll add you soon. :joystick:

I can't add myself to the spreadsheet for some reason, so if someone want's to add me on there they can do that as well. I'm also Central time.

Do we need to add actual console codes too? Or just EndOc codes.

Ok Cosmos I added your info to the spreadsheet. I don't think theres a reason to add the console codes for Endless Ocean, someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Posted this at GameFAQs, may as well post it here. Q: Is EO2 better than EO1?

This game is better in every way but two:

1. MP3 playback support. (Not really missed, it was limited anyway)

2. The overall goal and feel of the game.

What do I mean in number 2?

* As Phisheep said, it seems in this game the animals are there more for scenery than as the object of the game. The plot in the first follows wildlife, especially whales. Almost the entire plot of the second follows a treasure hunting / ancient ruins feel.

* The story is much more gripping as a result. I was blowing through the plot in the second just because of how intrigued I was. I keep telling myself not to do that in games like these, but it always happens.

* The second has more to do, but the first is more relaxing. The second is like school! Four teachers with new assignments every day. Every assignment has a due date, and you have to account for the travel time to and from other locations. I miss the email system from the first game. Nineball Island is almost a waste - the boat hub location in the first was much easier to navigate and get things done.

* Also like Phisheep says, if the first had the graphics of the second, I might even say the first is better or a tie. The first one does almost dump you in the middle of nowhere after the story. At least the second keeps you going after the "end".

[quote name='Doomed']* the boat hub location in the first was much easier to navigate and get things done.
[/QUOTE]

I agree the "walking around 9 ball" mechanic is pretty blah.
But you actually don't even have to. If you hit the + button it brings up pretty much everything you can do on the island so you don't even have to move if you don't want to. I find myself doing that a lot more than walking around.

I get the same feeling when playing it as I do the first. But i actually like the assignments they give you because it makes you feel like you're getting something done instead of just floating around. You could do that too if you wanted too though.

So far I'm diggin' it. I don't miss the MP3 support either. They have the music to cue up at key moments well enough for me.

Did those of you who pre-ordered form Amazon receive the wii speak bundle? I know the wording on the order page was a little strange and now they've taken it off the product page all together.

My copy finally shipped out today, 7 days after release (as did my copy of Battlefield, a day before release, go figure). I'm thinking they probably sent me the regular version since they now appear to be sold out of the bundle.

[quote name='Daisydog']Did those of you who pre-ordered form Amazon receive the wii speak bundle? I know the wording on the order page was a little strange and now they've taken it off the product page all together.

My copy finally shipped out today, 7 days after release (as did my copy of Battlefield, a day before release, go figure). I'm thinking they probably sent me the regular version since they now appear to be sold out of the bundle.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I got the Wii Speak Bundle. I havent seen the game buy itself anywhere so you may receive the bundle too.

I pre-ordered and I got a Wii Speak bundled in with my game.

Yeah, the wording is a bit strange though. Up until a few days ago they were advertising the bundle if you bought the game. I'm hoping that anyone that ordered last week gets the bundle...I have friends who didn't pre-order, but bought the game last week because it still said the bundle was shipping, and they wanted a cheapass game with a mike. We'll see if they actually get the bundle....

Received both my games today and I did get the wii speak bundle :bouncy: I ordered on January 26 if anyone is wondering.

Now I just need to stop throwing up from this stomach flu to play them.

I am really annoyed with this, I play this game mostly with one of my friends, and in the last one we were annoyed that whatever u did together didn't count. Well I thought they would be smarter since we could actually talk in this one to cancel the problem. I understand main story line is one thing, but to not record any of the fish found is ludicrous. Really someone should be shot for being so short sighted. I just want to punch the person or people in the dick for not including this simple feature.

rant over.

Now that I have the game, I think I'm going to spend the day trying to hack the save file. Maybe I can get 100% in the USA game. Some pictures can be spoilers. Try to mark them off with the chapter you were at when you took the picture. So

Chapter 1
haytaz.jpg
Did you get EO2, Strell?

Does anybody want to play tonight? You can host. I even opened up my never used AIM just for you! Send me an IM at andabob, and my computer will be nice enough to play a sound.

(If anyone has a better idea than IM via AIM, use it! Then tell me what to use.)

edit: My FC is
0049-5166-9033

After spending 1.5 - 2 hours attempting to hack my save file, I ask the Internet for help. 5 minutes later, my PAL save file merged with my USA one, so now I have the exact same stuff my PAL game has. Yay!

Added Cosmos and Got_Wii.

Last edited by a moderator:
Any tips on picture taking? The sailfish would not cooperate. I seem to make the camera spin out of control or have my fish swim out of the picture too fast to take the pic.

I've added my friend code to the spreadsheet and registered the people already on it.

This game came in the mail about a week ago, I've been playing it in my free time, the little that I've had. I'm enjoying it so far, I'm a fan of this style of game. Wish I could play online since it seems like it'd be a good game for a relaxed online gaming session but I can't. That's an awesome picture Strell.

[quote name='Doomed']Anybody want to play online ever?[/QUOTE]
What happens when you play online? I opened my gate today but nothing changed. Is it like Animal Crossing where you just open your gate and go on playing like normal?
And if someone arrives then it doesn't save the fish you find? What about treasure?

I'm not quite sure. I've played EO1 online. Basically, you dive together. When you do, new fish you find / trivia you get is not recorded. Treasure probably (?) stays with you after the dive, so do pictures (If they can't let you keep pictures I don't know what to say).

I'm not sure if opening the gate prevents you from keeping found fish found after you close / save and quit.

I'm on EST and everyone else is up late while also being further west. Maybe sometime on Sat/Sun. I'm here almost all week. (I can't play Friday)

bread's done
Back