Enormous Xbox Marketplace sale starts next week

WV Matsui

CAG Newbie
Dozens of Xbox 360 games are set to go on sale from next Tuesday, 18th December, with additional daily discounts until New Year's Eve.

If you are Silver check out this thread for two months of Gold for just $2 and you can still cash in on the good deals!
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=334688

18th - 31st December sale items

Frogger: Hyper Arcade Edition - 400 pts (50% off)
Joe Danger 2: The Movie - 400 pts (66% off)
Zuma's Revenge! - 400 pts (50% off)
The Simpsons Arcade Game - 600 pts (25% off)
Wreckateer - 200 pts (75% off)
Plants vs. Zombies - 600 pts (50% off)
Peggle - 400 pts (50% off)
PeggleNights Content Pack - 200 pts (50% off)
Fire Pro Wrestling - 400 pts (50% off)
SONIC 4 Episode II - 600 pts (50% off)
Sonic The Hedgehog 2 - 160 pts (66% off)
RAW
A World of Keflings - 400 pts (50% off)
A World of Keflings - Sugar, Spice and Not So Nice - 160 pts (50% off)
A World of Keflings - It Came From Outer Space - 160 pts (50% off)
Kinect Party - FREE
Kinect Party Mystery DLC - FREE
Kinect Party Star Gazer DLC - FREE
Jet Set Radio - 400 pts (50% off)
Super Meat Boy - 600 pts (50% off)
RAW - 400 pts (50% off)

Games on Demand titles
Bully: Scholarship Edition - 800 pts (33% off)
Rock Band 3 - 800 pts

18th December - Modern Warfare 3 deals

Modern Warfare 3 - 2400 points ($30)
Collection 1 DLC - 600 points ($7.50)
Collection 2 DLC - 600 points ($7.50)
Collection 3 DLC - 600 points ($7.50)
Collection 4 DLC - 600 points ($7.50)

19th: LEGO Games

Lego Batman - 800 points ($10)
Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga - 1600 points ($20)
Lego Star Wars III - 800 points ($10)
Lego Indiana Jones - 800 points ($10)
Lego Pirates of the Caribbean - 800 points ($10)
Lego Indiana Jones 2 - 800 points ($10)
Lego Harry Potter - 800 points ($10)

20th: Platformer Games

Fez - 400 pts (50% off)
HELL YEAH! Wrath of the Dead Rabbit - 600 pts
Sonic Adventure 2 - 400 pts
Rayman Origins - 800 pts (50% off)
Rayman 3 HD - 400 pts
Mark of the Ninja - 600 pts (50% off)
Trine 2 - 400 pts (50% off)

21st: Rockstar Games

L.A. Noire - 1600 pts (33% off)
Red Dead Redemption - 1600 pts (33% off)
Max Payne 3 - 3200 pts (33% off)
Midnight Club: LA - 800 pts (33% off)

22nd: Tony Hawk Pro Skater

Tony Hawk Pro Skater - 600 pts (50% off)

23rd: Summer of Arcade 2012 Games

Dust: An Elysian Tail - 600 pts (50% off)
Deadlight - 600 pts (50% off)
Hybrid - 400 pts (50% off)

24th: Trials HD and Trials Evolution

Trials HD - 400 pts (50% off)
Trials HD - Big Thrills - 200 pts (50% off)
Trials HD - Big Pack - 200 pts (50% off)
Trials Evolution - 800 pts (33% off)
Trials Evolution: Origin of Pain - 200 pts (50% off)

25th: Kinect Family

Hydro Thunder - 400 pts (67% off)
Rock of Ages - 200 pts (75% off)
Mini Ninjas Adventures - 400 pts (50% off)
Leedmees - 200 pts (75% off)
Fruit Ninja Kinect - 400 pts (50% off)
Fruit Ninja Kinect - 8-bit Cartridge - 80 pts (50% off)
Fruit Ninja Kinect - Art Box - 80 pts (50% off)
Fruit Ninja Kinect - Space Capsule - 80 pts (50% off)
Fruit Ninja Kinect - Storm Season - 80 pts (50% off)
Fruit Ninja Kinect - Christmas Present - FREE

26th: Counter Strike: GO

Counter Strike: GO - 600 pts (50% off)

27th: Borderlands

Borderlands - 800 pts (50% off)
Borderlands 2 - 3200 pts (33% off)
Borderlands 2 Season Pass - 1800 pts (25% off - same as Gears of War 3 in last years sale)

28th: The Walking Dead
Episode 1 of the WD will be FREE Dec 25-31

The Walking Dead Episode 1 - FREE
The Walking Dead Episode 2 - 200 pts
The Walking Dead Episode 3 - 200 pts
The Walking Dead Episode 4 - 200 pts
The Walking Dead Episode 5 - 200 pts

29th: Family Games

Banjo Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts - 800 pts
Cars 2: The Video Game - 1600 pts
Crash Of The Titans - 800 pts
Toy Story 3 - 800 pts
Crazy Taxi - 200 pts
The Splatters - 200 pts (75% off)

30th: Fighting

Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown - 600 pts
Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection - 400 pts
Street Fighter III: Online Edition - 600 pts
Dungeon Fighter LIVE: Fall Of Hendon Myre - 400 pts
Dungeon Defenders - 600 pts

31st: Skyrim and Oblivion

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 2400 pts (50% off)
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim: Dawnguard - 800 pts (50% off)
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim: Hearthfire - 200 pts (50% off)
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - 800 pts (33% off)
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion: Shivering Isles - 600 pts (50% off)
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion: Knights of the Nine - 200 pts (50% off)

Last edited by a moderator:
Shake N' Bake;10315274 said:
Anyone else having problems downloading Bully?

Yeah, I did. I had never seen anything like that before and was just about to contact Microsoft, but I kept trying and it worked after a few tries.

If it doesn't work for someone, just keep trying. Should work.

So bummed I missed the sale for Mark of the Ninja. I totally forgot about it. Maybe they'll do a recap sale on the last day. I can dream can't I?

I don't know about you guys, but personally, Trials: Evo for 800 instead of 600 is a total deal breaker. Even with my extra cheap MSP, I can wait for another 200 point discount. It'll be 600 (or maybe even 400) sometime in the next 6 months (probably).

If you're referring to the 1600 points for $10 from black friday, then 200 points = $1.25. Seriously, $1.25 is keeping you from buying something you want?

[quote name='confoosious']If you're referring to the 1600 points for $10 from black friday, then 200 points = $1.25. Seriously, $1.25 is keeping you from buying something you want?[/QUOTE]

Not quite. Knowing that I could have gotten it for even cheaper in the future is keeping me from buying something else that will get shoved into my backlog.

But you make a good point.

[quote name='Jaashua12']What time do they usually update. I want my trials.[/QUOTE]
Your Trials are already up.

[quote name='SirChadlyOC']I don't know about you guys, but personally, Trials: Evo for 800 instead of 600 is a total deal breaker. Even with my extra cheap MSP, I can wait for another 200 point discount. It'll be 600 (or maybe even 400) sometime in the next 6 months (probably). [/quote]
If I hadn't got a bunch from Target, I would feel the exact same. But since I got my points so cheap, it is already like getting the title for less than 600pts. This was the second most wanted XBLA title (behind Mark of the Ninja). No way I am sleeping on it for another half to full year.

[quote name='SirChadlyOC']I don't know about you guys, but personally, Trials: Evo for 800 instead of 600 is a total deal breaker. Even with my extra cheap MSP, I can wait for another 200 point discount. It'll be 600 (or maybe even 400) sometime in the next 6 months (probably).[/QUOTE]

Yeah it is. I passed on it as well. I have too much of a backlog to be buying arcade titles at $10 especially since I just got Mark of the Ninja. That $2.50 makes all the difference in the world when it comes to sales, at least for me.

Shake N' Bake;10315274 said:
Anyone else having problems downloading Bully?

Yes. I bought it a few weeks back and had a lot of trouble with it. It just literally failed to even start downloading no matter how many times I tried.

I eventually tried a different hard drive and was successful. I then moved it to my USB, then moved it from there to the HD i usually use. So though I have no proof, i think it was my hard drive.

If you have another hard drive give it a shot. Or boot up the system without an HD and try downloading direcetly to a USB memory stick perhaps? The game is under 3 gigs so that should be doable.

[quote name='Kenshindono']How do you even see these? The newer layout for the marketplace is horrible, i cant navigate crap. Im about to go try to get the gold for $2 to get Dust.. but i cant find these sales listed anywhere. Havent used marketplace in like a year. I swear each update makes the OS worse and worse[/QUOTE]

I buy all my games on xbox.com, that way I don't have to fiddle with the Xbox Dashboard in hopes of finding what I am looking for.

I downloaded Bully without a hitch a few weeks ago when it was on sale.

I was excited to finally get Trials Evolution waiting for the sale price to take effect. Then I realized 800 MSP "is" the sale price so like was said above, I'll wait for the eventual real sale. They can afford it given how much they've already made on the game.

i also passed on trials evo despite having target points for 2 reasons:

1) Trials Evo should be 800 pts normal price. $15 is too much for an xbla title to begin with.
2) I do not want to condone the idea that 33% is a good sale and eliminate the 50-67% sales.

Trials HD should be on sale for $2.50 and Evo for $5....bah humbug!

i also passed on trials evo despite having target points for 2 reasons:

1) Trials Evo should be 800 pts normal price. $15 is too much for an xbla title to begin with.
2) I do not want to condone the idea that 33% is a good sale and eliminate the 50-67% sales.

Trials HD should be on sale for $2.50 and Evo for $5....bah humbug!

[quote name='0dantheman0']i also passed on trials evo despite having target points for 2 reasons:

Trials HD should be on sale for $2.50 and Evo for $5....bah humbug![/QUOTE]

I'm passing as well. Trailers aren't enough to get my $10. Would have gotten my $5 though.

[quote name='honzoh']I'm passing as well. Trailers aren't enough to get my $10. Would have gotten my $5 though.[/QUOTE]
Same here. Already have Trials HD, so I'm in no rush for another one. Would have bit on Evolution at 600pts.

I bought Trials Evo the day it came out and I only buy one or two games a year at full price and I don't regret my purchase. I haven't went back and checked to see if anybody else mentions this but with track central you get ALOT of bonus tracks with your game that adds a lot of replayablity.

[quote name='icp_00_111']I bought Trials Evo the day it came out and I only buy one or two games a year at full price and I don't regret my purchase. I haven't went back and checked to see if anybody else mentions this but with track central you get ALOT of bonus tracks with your game that adds a lot of replayablity.[/QUOTE]

Yep, bought it day 1 as well and had a ton of fun with this game. I can see how some people may not like the concept but for me it is crazy fun to beat friends times (or try anyway) and continually try to improve my times. Lots of replayability and while I get frustrated sometimes, its always fun to go back to the game.

Picked up the DLC thats on sale for it too now, looking forward to giving it a try.

[quote name='0dantheman0']i also passed on trials evo despite having target points for 2 reasons:

[quote name='honzoh']I'm passing as well. Trailers aren't enough to get my $10. Would have gotten my $5 though.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='lilman']Same here. Already have Trials HD, so I'm in no rush for another one. Would have bit on Evolution at 600pts.[/QUOTE]

Agree.

I day 1'd the fuçk out of Evolution and its one of my games of year. Grow some balls and buy the game!

These Trials games take forever to go on sale, so when they do, I jump on it.

I also wish Evo was 600 pts but better than nothing and to be honest, they are so fun that even full price is worth it.

[quote name='tunavi']Grow some balls and buy the game![/QUOTE]

I fail to see what genitalia has to do with purchasing video games cheaply.

[quote name='tunavi']I day 1'd the fuçk out of Evolution and its one of my games of year. Grow some balls and buy the game![/QUOTE]

Grow some hair down there first and come back when you are old enough to talk like an adult.

[quote name='honzoh']I fail to see what genitalia has to do with purchasing video games cheaply.[/QUOTE]

Seriously. I thought the correlation between cheap games and chest hair was firmly established.

[quote name='tunavi']I day 1'd the fuçk out of Evolution and its one of my games of year. Grow some balls and buy the game![/QUOTE]

I think "shitty generic stunt racer that Trials is based off of" was one of Kongregate's "games of year" as well.

[quote name='strizay']they're still whores for having Rayman Origins for sale for only one day.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, those jerks, doing multiple consistent limited-time sales...

[quote name='confoosious']Me too.[/QUOTE]

Same here. I played it for a few hours last night and didn't get bored. Got lost quite a bit, but not bored.

I'm with you and I got 24000 points on black friday, I got Bully and Rayman Origins for 800 but I refuse to spend that much on an arcade title especially with my backlog.

[quote name='shinn']People that like Fez . . . .... . . . . . does not compute[/QUOTE]

People that don't understand differing opinions on games... Does not compute.

Wait. Edit. Does compute. Are immature and narrow minded.

I thought I was going to buy more than I actually have. I may come out of this sale with points left over depending on the prices of Borderlands 2 season pass and Skyrim dlc. Most of these games seemed a lot cooler getting them at an even lower price.

[quote name='confoosious']People that don't understand differing opinions on games... Does not compute.

Wait. Edit. Does compute. Are immature and narrow minded.[/QUOTE]

:applause: do you feel better now calling someone immature and narrow minded?

[quote name='shinn']:applause: do you feel better now calling someone immature and narrow minded?[/QUOTE]

Yep. Look, you don't have to like fez. But not understanding why others could does make you immature and narrow mixed. Grow up. Not everyone has to like what you like.

Trials HD and Evolution are fantastic games. I understand waiting for sales, but to say that it's too much for a XBL Arcade game is ignorant. At $15 its better than most $60 games. Get it on sale or wait a few years. Don't watch trailers, watch game play. Plenty of it.

[quote name='confoosious']People that don't understand differing opinions on games... Does not compute.

Wait. Edit. Does compute. Are immature and narrow minded.[/QUOTE]

Geez, can't people just make jokes anymore without someone taking it personal?

I bought Trials Evolution on release day, but the Origin of Pain DLC even at 400 was a steal. At 200? No brainer I had to get it.

1) Putting any sort of price limit on XBLA titles doesn't make sense as it limits the range and depth of experiences that will be available. Some titles are worth $15.
2) Agreed

Trials Evo was worth every penny of the full $15 price tag. I rarely buy games that aren't on sale (this is CAG, right?), but given that there is an ass ton of great user created content out there to play, the game provides almost limitless replay value.

I love the game and fully recommend it for anyone on the fence.

I just started up Mark of the Ninja. Holy crap, this game is so good! This is easily one of the best XBLA games of the year, and I think it's one of my favorite games of the year, period.

[quote name='confoosious']So tomorrow I think is the stuff you missed on sale day. Pretty awesome.[/QUOTE]

I kind of regret not buying Rayman origins the other day. Tomorrow is supposed to be Kinect games day, so did you see some rumors somewhere or something?

For those who bought rayman Origins for 800 points, how did you do that? When it was on sale it only gave me the option to pay with a credit card and not with points. I didn't buy it because I have plenty of points and didn't want to pay with a card.

bread's done
Back